Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa (1416 Views)

How To Route To Haiti With Nigeria Passport As Visa Free / Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa / How To Get To Guyana Without Transit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by TheMan3: 6:56am On Apr 13, 2022
Hello guys, pls does anyone know how to route your ticket to Guyana or Surinam without transit visa? Most tickets Ive seen online usually Pass through Europe or US an they require transit visas.

Anyone who has any information please kindly share. Thank you
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by Cousin9999: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2022
You could look at going through Jamaica. But I do not know if that's drama free, so...
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by TheMan3: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2022
Cousin9999:
You could look at going through Jamaica. But I do not know if that's drama free, so...
ok which airline pls. But I think Jamaica needs visa right?
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by abuhusna1: 10:27am On May 22, 2022
TheMan3:
Hello guys, pls does anyone know how to route your ticket to Guyana or Surinam without transit visa? Most tickets Ive seen online usually Pass through Europe or US an they require transit visas.

He will have to fly using Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines is part of the STAR ALLIANCE network. They have an interline agreement with Copa Airlines which is a Panamanian Airline that flies to several countries in Central and South America. Guyana is located in South America.

What is an interline agreement? It is a voluntary commercial agreement between individual airlines to handle passengers traveling on itineraries that require multiple flights on multiple airlines.

So, tell your friend to go to the Turkish Airlines office located at Plot 1061 Leadway House, 1ST Floor, Herbert Macaulay Way, Abuja . Tell him to tell Turkish Airlines that they should book his ticket in such a way that he will fly from Lagos or Abuja to Istanbul Turkey using Turkish Airlines.

Then change flights in Istanbul Turkey to another Turkish Airline flight going to Panama. From Panama he will catch Copa Airlines which will take him directly to Guyana.

Once he checks in his luggage, he will get his luggage at his final destination which is Guyana. He does not need to pick up his luggage in Istanbul and Panama and check it back in. Also, he will not be charged multiple times for his airline ticket. He will be charged a one time round trip airline ticket despite the fact that he will need to transit through 2 different airports located in 2 different countries.

Also, he does NOT need a transit visa for Turkey as long as he does not intend on exiting the airport while on transit. He also does NOT need a transit visa for Panama as long as he is not exiting the airport and his transit wait time within the airport is within 12 hours. So, as long as he does not have to wait longer than 12 hours in the airport in Panama for his flight connection to Guyana, he will be fine.

So, let me show you how the itinerary will approximately look like using the actual airport codes in bracket. Let's assume his city of departure in Nigeria is Abuja. It will look like this:

Abuja (ABV) to Istanbul (IST) to Panama (PTY) to Guyana (GEO)

Let me give you the name of the airports:

ABV : Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja

IST : Istanbul Airport (Turkey)

PTY : Tocumen International Airport (Panama)

GEO : Cheddi Jagan International Airport (Guyana)

I just want to add that I am neither a travel agent nor do I work for Turkish or Copa Airlines. I was once in your friend's shoes. I needed to travel to that region of the world directly from Nigeria and found myself wondering on how to get there since acquiring a transit visa for a 1st world country from Nigeria can be so difficult. God showed me the way after I unsuccessfully tried to figure it out on my own and I was able to travel and get to my destination successfully. Hence, my decision to assist you and everyone else reading this thread with this travel information.

Anyone traveling to South and Central America or to Jamaica from Nigeria is advised to use this route especially if you are traveling with a Nigerian passport and you don't have a transit visa for the UK, USA and the likes.

Safe travels!
Copied

13 Likes

Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by Hedgefunds: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
TheMan3:

Hi , did you find a way yet?

Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by AlphaTaikun: 2:33am On Aug 08, 2022
abuhusna1:

He will have to fly using Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines is part of the STAR ALLIANCE network. They have an interline agreement with Copa Airlines which is a Panamanian Airline that flies to several countries in Central and South America. Guyana is located in South America.

What is an interline agreement? It is a voluntary commercial agreement between individual airlines to handle passengers traveling on itineraries that require multiple flights on multiple airlines.

So, tell your friend to go to the Turkish Airlines office located at Plot 1061 Leadway House, 1ST Floor, Herbert Macaulay Way, Abuja . Tell him to tell Turkish Airlines that they should book his ticket in such a way that he will fly from Lagos or Abuja to Istanbul Turkey using Turkish Airlines.

Then change flights in Istanbul Turkey to another Turkish Airline flight going to Panama. From Panama he will catch Copa Airlines which will take him directly to Guyana.

Once he checks in his luggage, he will get his luggage at his final destination which is Guyana. He does not need to pick up his luggage in Istanbul and Panama and check it back in. Also, he will not be charged multiple times for his airline ticket. He will be charged a one time round trip airline ticket despite the fact that he will need to transit through 2 different airports located in 2 different countries.

Also, he does NOT need a transit visa for Turkey as long as he does not intend on exiting the airport while on transit. He also does NOT need a transit visa for Panama as long as he is not exiting the airport and his transit wait time within the airport is within 12 hours. So, as long as he does not have to wait longer than 12 hours in the airport in Panama for his flight connection to Guyana, he will be fine.

So, let me show you how the itinerary will approximately look like using the actual airport codes in bracket. Let's assume his city of departure in Nigeria is Abuja. It will look like this:

I just want to add that I am neither a travel agent nor do I work for Turkish or Copa Airlines. I was once in your friend's shoes. I needed to travel to that region of the world directly from Nigeria and found myself wondering on how to get there since acquiring a transit visa for a 1st world country from Nigeria can be so difficult. God showed me the way after I unsuccessfully tried to figure it out on my own and I was able to travel and get to my destination successfully. Hence, my decision to assist you and everyone else reading this thread with this travel information.

Anyone traveling to South and Central America or to Jamaica from Nigeria is advised to use this route especially if you are traveling with a Nigerian passport and you don't have a transit visa for the UK, USA and the likes.

Safe travels!
Copied
Insightful.

1 Share

Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by alijesus(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pls brother am having the same issue I need your help
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by cobby14(m): 1:22am On Feb 04, 2023
My friend was returned at the POE in Turkey last month due to inability to provide a transit visa. His destination was Belize
abuhusna1:

Safe travels!
Copied
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by Kingasadu: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
Please who knows any school in the UK where I can study mental health nursing msc if I don't have an undergraduate background in nursing ]
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by bebeto2014: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
alijesus:
Pls brother am having the same issue I need your help
my bro me too i am have same issue, i am going to belize
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
cobby14:
My friend was returned at the POE in Turkey last month due to inability to provide a transit visa. His destination was Belize
Hello,was ur friend able to fly?
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by cobby14(m): 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Unfortunately no due to financial reasons
dealhunter:
Hello,was ur friend able to fly?
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
cobby14:
Unfortunately no due to financial reasons
eyah!and there is no compensation from Turkish airline?
Re: How To Route You Ticket To Guyana Without Transit Visa by cobby14(m): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2023
I didn’t follow up with him because I had to abort my travel plans
dealhunter:
eyah!and there is no compensation from Turkish airline?

(1) (Reply)

Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Hit By Mother Nature (pics/video) / Can't Read & Write But Need A Nigeria Passport & Uk Visiting Visa. Pls Help! / I Need Advice On South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.