Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. (664 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Skills Outside School Foundation Volunteer Program 2020 For Nigerians / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by LUAN1: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2022
I have been feeling so much depressed and unhappy Right From 2019 after my NYSC due to my in ability to succeed in life. I am a kind
of person that hate failure in Life. While in school as an undergraduate i knew i wasn't an intelligent person, I had low IQ, poor in both written and spoken English and lacked retentive memory. but my hatred for failure Force me to studied very hard in school which made people to see me as one of the brilliant student in my department, deep inside me I knew I wasn't that brilliant, my success came as a result of too much hard work, imagine reading for hours everyday From the beginning of semester to the end of semester, one hour to any exams while in school I will still be reading, Even during holidays I will continue to study at home,. At the ending, i finally graduated with a good grade ( 2.1) second class upper. Friends and family clapped for me.
Life after school: now here I am , I have become the dumbest person on earth, looking unintelligent. ever since i graduated i have never passed any Job aptitude test before, I have written about 5 job aptitude without success, some people I was better than in class succeeded in those aptitude test. Common N-Power I couldn't score pass 55%.
Tho I have Job am managing now as a contract staff, also learning I.T skill. but am so much depressed, feeling sad, unhappy. my family has begin to feel sad for me too.
I feel like returning or tearing my certificate.
I wish i graduated with 3rd class
I wish I didn't attend school at all.
Please advise me.
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by FanOfMyself: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
LUAN1:
I have been feeling so much depressed and unhappy Right From 2019 after my NYSC due to my in ability to succeed in life. I am a kind
of person that hate failure in Life. While in school as an undergraduate i knew i wasn't an intelligent person, I had low IQ, poor in both written and spoken English and lacked retentive memory. but my hatred for failure Force me to studied very hard in school which made people to see me as one of the brilliant student in my department, deep inside me I knew I wasn't that brilliant, my success came as a result of too much hard work, imagine reading for hours everyday From the beginning of semester to the end of semester, one hour to any exams while in school I will still be reading, Even during holidays I will continue to study at home,. At the ending, i finally graduated with a good grade ( 2.1) second class upper. Friends and family clapped for me.
Life after school: now here I am , I have become the dumbest person on earth, looking unintelligent. ever since i graduated i have never passed any Job aptitude test before, I have written about 5 job aptitude without success, some people I was better than in class succeeded in those aptitude test. Common N-Power I couldn't score pass 55%.
Tho I have Job am managing now as a contract staff, also learning I.T skill. but am so much depressed, feeling sad, unhappy. my family has begin to feel sad for me too.
I feel like returning or tearing my certificate.
I wish i graduated with 3rd class
I wish I didn't attend school at all.
Please advise me.
You can do better bro. If you can read for long hours as an undergraduate and succeed, then you can acquire tech skills if you work hard on it!. Have you considered web development?

2 Likes

Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by LUAN1: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
FanOfMyself:

You can do better bro. If you can read for long hours as an undergraduate and succeed, then you can acquire tech skills if you work hard on it!. Have you considered web development?
No... I am learn SQL for data science

1 Like

Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Jajasabali(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Some have food but cannot eat
Some can eat but have no food
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Tokskob2008: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
No one in life has 100% of everything, even those you think they are successful and big are not what you think they are.

Everybody get one issue or the other so before you kill yourself you can try and ask around to hear stories that will even surpass yours far far...
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Felimax(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Tap into your subconscious man and release that giant in you.

Go in, check what stands you out, look for your unique qualities that makes you different and special and due time you will wonder or marvel at what is made inside of you.

My mentor once told me to steal and take all he has if it will make me happy? I quickly said yes, then. Again he asked me what I will do with the properties and wealth I want to take from him, I started telling him how they will solve my family problems and individual immediate challenges and then he laughed and concluded that in due time I will go bankrupt.

The best investment you can give to yourself is what you are carrying upstairs in your head, nothing can take it away from you.
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Omoogah: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!

Job Tittle: GRADUATE TRAINEE
GRADUATE ASSOCIATES

Responsibilities
• Ability to participate in on-the-job training wherever possible.
• Performing office duties as required by the supervisor
• Taking part in meetings, workshops, and team-building events.
• Ensuring that day to day experiences are taken note of as well as keeping a log of things learned.
• Creating reports and making presentations
• Get familiar with personnel duties
Participate in company’s strategic planning
• Adopt to different working environments and team cultures;
• Make sound judgments and make effective, timely decisions;
• Involvement in Hr duties
• Be positive and courageous and seek opportunities to learn and develop

REQUIREMENTS
. Shows adaptability, willingness to learn new skills and commitment to exceptional delivery
. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
. Be innovative and creative

Educational Qualifications
OND, HND, BSC from any reputable institution.

Apply by sending your CV to the mail below using the job description as subject of the mail: splatter.careers@gmail.com
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by FanOfMyself: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
LUAN1:
No... I am learning SQL for data science
ok cool. But web development jobs are readily available in Nigeria more than data science.
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by LUAN1: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
I'm still hoping on God,.to raise my faith a little
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
LUAN1:
I'm still hoping on God,.to raise my faith a little
You don't have a problem.. trust me. Na just time. Keep pressing on
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by LUAN1: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2023

You don't have a problem.. trust me. Na just time. Keep pressing on
thank you
Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by LUAN1: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2023
Felimax:
Tap into your subconscious man and release that giant in you.

Go in, check what stands you out, look for your unique qualities that makes you different and special and due time you will wonder or marvel at what is made inside of you.

My mentor once told me to steal and take all he has if it will make me happy? I quickly said yes, then. Again he asked me what I will do with the properties and wealth I want to take from him, I started telling him how they will solve my family problems and individual immediate challenges and then he laughed and concluded that in due time I will go bankrupt.

The best investment you can give to yourself is what you are carrying upstairs in your head, nothing can take it away from you.
thank you

1 Like

Re: Help! Feeling Depressed: Successful In School, Failure Outside School. by Felimax(m): 10:40am On Jun 14, 2023
LUAN1:
thank you

Welcome

(1) (Reply)

My Top 5 Lessons Learned As A Freelance Writer - By Amechi Okoli / Unpopular Remote Tech Jobs That Are Valuable Outside Africa / Database Of All Online Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.