Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned (475 Views)

Maybe God Is To Be Blamed / What To Do When You Can't Reply A Post Or Have Been Banned / Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned by marenx: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
By marenx the Writer

I'm neither here to complain nor am I a whistle blower.

I'm talking about what may be the reason antispam bot banned my threat entitled 'How The Use Of Silence Makes Me A Proud Public Speaker.'

It began on the 11th April (2022) after I hit the 'Submit' button on editor page and the published page appeared with the aforementioned thread.

After reading the thread, I noticed I forgot to mention its author and there wasn't any link to the source. I hit 'Modify' to edit it.

Modification page didn't appear. Here's what I saw:

My username 'marenx' became 'guest.'

And when I returned to my profile, I saw the aforementioned thread vanished forever.

From that period I couldn't reply, quote, modify or publish any thread.

It baffled me so much. I believed it was a technical problem and since I could read threads I found comfort reading Xavier5, Bam17 and frankwriter.

All this while, I didn't know I was banned until the next day when I scrolled down my profile and saw this message:

"Banned by the antispam bot in Literature for https://www.nairaland.com/7073726/how-use-silence-makes#111854873
Ban expired on on 5;58pm."

I didn' feel okay. As I remembered the thread is my handwork and there wasn't any plagiarism, I asked myself: 'What did I do to deserve this?

Perhaps the thread was banned because I forgot to mention its author and there wasn't any link to the source.

My quote for this post is from George Bernard Shaw, an Irish playwright, critic, polemicist and political activist:

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

Thanks for the reading. Have a nice time.

If you enjoy this post, read this one too: https://www.nairaland.com/7069887/proud-writer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned by Bam17(f): 12:15am On Apr 14, 2022
I love how u ended it kiss Thank you for mentioning me kiss Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Maybe This Is Why My Post Is Banned by Peebee17(f): 5:20am On Apr 14, 2022
I like how you bring out your work. You always tend to captivate your readers, not just with ur title but also ur body-text.
I just wanna encourage you not to give up cos things happen, it's pretty normal but what isn't supposed to be normal is letting it drain you down and make u quit. Just keep writing wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed / The Inglorious Saint / Captivity As Originated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.