Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back (15009 Views)

Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back / Bullying: I Taught My Son To Fight Back / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by iykejohnson(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

True!

But the broke red pillars won't agree!

They'll soon come here to call you names and opine that you're seeking female validation.

Domestic violence is rampant in Nigeria simply because judiciary has failed. If one or two people have been made actual scape goats, not necessarily when murder occurs, but being jailed for assault against the next gender be it male or female, no one would engage in such evil acts. But our courts are simply places where justice can be bought#

Judiciary has failed us!
I will agree with you that the judiciary has failed us and some Judges are biased but still remember they don't judge with emotions but they Judge with evidence being brought to them.
Let me use this Osinachi case as a case study.
If an autopsy comes out tomorrow and she didn't die as a result of DV. The husband is likely to triumph in court if enough evidence is not brought out that he had been battering his late wife
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by emmanuelbrown26: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
IamAsiri:

And they are telling you that this particular mindset is wrong! There are easygoing virtuous woman that get constantly battered just because they entered into wrong marriages (probably the husband hid his character well or the women were just too naive to see the signs before entering into marriages with their Mr rights who later turned out to be beasts in human form) and any summoning of courage to protest this evil can land them in hospitals or even in their grave.
I'm not disputing that their is no good woman, all I'm saying is that some of them deserves better beating to reset their brain. Some were very stupid while in their father's house and they still carried d stupidity to d husband's house, for how would d husband endure her stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Some women deserves better beating

This statement right here is because our government at all levels have all failed us!!

It's the same mentality with "jungle justice". You are saying this because you feel that you must take laws into your hands if your wife or any other female wrongs you since you perceive that there's no room/avenues for seeking redress.

This is a failure of the judicial arm of government.

In sane climes, where justice actually exists you have no right to assault anyone physically "male or female" or even jungle justice an armed robber, you however retain the right to report them, to superiors if at the workplace(for instance in your cited example), report to the police, sue them to court, divorce (forget the religious hogwash of no divorce).

But this is Nigeria, where lawlessness is encouraged. If everyone starts assaulting the next person because they were wronged, especially in a relationship/marriage the society will degenerate into complete chaos!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Sureplug123(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
ImaIma1:

Regardless, men do not have the right to hit women.

Did you read the guy's comments and sa how he disregards women? Did you go for him? But instead you came for me. Why?
I'm not against you, I only pointed out something. Him and Tonye were having a logical discussion before you barged in, you simply became emotional.

NOTE; women don't have the right to abuse men. You can't pick a snake with your hands and not expect it to strike.
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
iykejohnson:

I will agree with you that the judiciary has failed us and some Judges are biased but still remember they don't judge with emotions but they Judge with evidence being brought to them.
If an autopsy comes out tomorrow and she didn't die as a result of DV. The husband is likely to triumph in court if enough evidence is not brought out that he had been battering his late wife

Of course I know autopsy and other facts will be used in court rather than emotions.

However, think about it, there would have been more hard facts and evidences should she have spoken up a long time ago especially moments of hospitalizations from such assaults with doctors medical report as well as a host of witnesses including her kids!

Even if it was just once! Documentation of such by even a police station or magistrate court would have served as admissible evidences in court to aid future prosecutions.

The judge would have been able to make references to previous reported incidents!

Sadly, she chose to die in silence because of religion!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sureplug123:
I'm not against you, I only pointed out something. Him and Tonye were having a logical discussion before you barged in, you simply became emotional.

NOTE; women don't have the right to abuse men. You can't pick a snake with your hands and not expect it to strike.

So Men are snakes!!

Wow, thought y'all said you were equipped with higher brains. So once you're poked, you must react instantly, no thoughts, no maturity!! This right here is you admitting that Men just act, but don't think!!! Implying that you're not actually higher animals at all, just reptiles grin

A quick question, who strikes when Men pokes women?? Or y'all are saints in your relationships, you don't offend women??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Sureplug123(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

So Men are snakes!!

Wow, thought y'all said you were equipped with higher brains. So once you're poked, you must react instantly, no thoughts, no maturity!! This right here is you admitting that Men just act, but don't think!!! Implying that you're not actually higher animals at all, just reptiles grin

A quick question, who strikes when Men pokes women?? Or y'all are saints in your relationships, you don't offend women??
How old are you?
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by iykejohnson(m): 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

Of course I know autopsy and other facts will be used in court rather than emotions.

However, think about it, there would have been more hard facts and evidences should she have spoken up a long time ago especially moments of hospitalizations from such assaults with doctors medical report as well as a host of witnesses including her kids!

Even if it was just once! Documentation of such by even a police station or magistrate court would have served as admissible evidences in court to aid future prosecutions.

The judge would have been able to make references to previous reported incidents!

Sadly, she chose to die in silence because of religion!!
That is the annoying and crazy part of the whole thing, she didn't speak out.
Whatever happens in the future, na she cause am.
#religion is our problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Legendforte: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
Woemen and SIMPs everywhere. They should all start by halting verbal aggression cum character assisination by black pussy republicans. To hell with that victim mentality and western copycart naija feminists. MARRIAGE NA SCAM.
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

D judiciary itself knows that naija women are very manipulative and trickish in nature that's why d system is like that.
I spent some time in Ghana, their system made it in a way that if u violet a woman, u are in for it.
Something happened btw a Ghana police officer and his woman friend in d compound we rented.
D woman friend came and started a fight with d officer, she did all she could do in other to use it nail d officer but d officer did not yield to her tricks, at a time we got pissed off but d officer signaled us not to act.
It was after d whole drama and we were able to bring d situation under control and d woman left bcs of us.
The officer started telling us the rules in Ghana against violenting women. U see, u such situation, if it had happened here in naija, believe me d woman for collect better slap to reset her brain.
What I'm trying to say is that d men in charge of d judiciary knows that if they should implement it here, problem go dey bcs our ladies never mature for such law to take its place here rather we should be talking about orientation and awareness against domestic violence but I'm sorry to say that it won't still go far.

That's a fallacy of faulty and hasty generalization right there!!!

We read news of crimes also committed against men all the time, even on this forum.

A quick example
So, should a guy be attacked let's say under bridge at Ojota in Lagos, dispossessed of his phones, probably laptops or any other personal effects or even stabbed. Let's assume his attacker was caught and tried in a Nigerian court, and he was just given maybe 2months with option of fine sef, we could say that "grin judiciary itself knows that naija men are very thuggish and criminal in nature that's why d system is like that". How does this sound??

So all the injustice in the country, to both male and females, regardless of ethnic group has been because judiciary felt we don't know what we are doing?? Na wa for you oh. No wonder judiciary doesn't bother to prosecute corrupt officials, because they know that Nigerians like suffering and smiling, abi??

Guy, I understand you need to pull down women, but y'all are supposed to be the logical gender now, argue logically abeg, impress us with your logic, not spurious points because of some stupid gender war on Nairaland!

This goes beyond all of us, lives are affected, kids, communities. DV is not something to toy with or make mockery of because it's not my gender, it could be anyone tomorrow!

You might not have a daughter but you could have a granddaughter. Would you talk like this if someone hit/kill her?? Raise your sons not to assault! If they are not cool with anyone they should walk away!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sureplug123:
How old are you?

Answer the question, stop deflecting or shifting goal post!!

#Logical gender!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Sureplug123(m): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

Answer the question, stop deflecting or shifting goal post!!

#Logical gender!
this right here is why Men will continue hitting women.
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by apatheticme(f): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sureplug123:
this right here is why Men will continue hitting women.

Ha ha ha ha

Keep hitting pls, you'll end up like a "snake"!

Of course we all know how snakes end up grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Sureplug123(m): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

Ha ha ha ha

Keep hitting pls, you'll end up like a "snake"!

Of course we all know how snakes end up grin
your gender will continue to wail
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by emmanuelbrown26: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
apatheticme:

That's a fallacy of faulty and hasty generalization right there!!!

We read news of crimes also committed against men all the time, even on this forum.

A quick example
So, should a guy be attacked let's say under bridge at Ojota in Lagos, dispossessed of his phones, probably laptops or any other personal effects or even stabbed. Let's assume his attacker was caught and tried in a Nigerian court, and he was just given maybe 2months with option of fine sef, we could say that "grin judiciary itself knows that naija men are very thuggish and criminal in nature that's why d system is like that". How does this sound??

So all the injustice in the country, to both male and females, regardless of ethnic group has been because judiciary felt we don't know what we are doing?? Na wa for you oh. No wonder judiciary doesn't bother to prosecute corrupt officials, because they know that Nigerians like suffering and smiling, abi??

Guy, I understand you need to pull down women, but y'all are supposed to be the logical gender now, argue logically abeg, impress us with your logic, not spurious points because of some stupid gender war on Nairaland!

This goes beyond all of us, lives are affected, kids, communities. DV is not something to toy with or make mockery of because it's not my gender, it could be anyone tomorrow!

You might not have a daughter but you could have a granddaughter. Would you talk like this if someone hit/kill her?? Raise your sons not to assault! If they are not cool with anyone they should walk away!!

Men at d upper echelon of judiciary knows that d law won't work
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Prettygirl200(f): 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
I read everything, from d beginning till d end but u didn't ask questions why DV is so so rampant this generation?
U see, ever since daughters of eve open eyes, na so wahala cum enter for family.
Since daughters of eve wan their simps husband to be pampering them and simps husband no cum get strength to pamper, na so wahala enter.
Infact daughters of eve all deserves to be in their fathers houses
Same with your future daughters, they will remain in your house.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Prettygirl200(f): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Some daughters of eve deserves better beating
And that's how ur daughters and sisters will be beaten thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Prettygirl200(f): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
[quote author=ImaIma1 post=111927678]

From your comments men are saints, and are only pushed to the wall by women. They are completely blameless in all their dealings and can never be wrong. Any wrong in them is caused by the woman. So they have to beat the woman because they are pushed. Ok I see your point. Don't mind the idoult he is a foolish boy, the likes of osinachies husband is in him and that's y his likes deserves to rot in jail. His daughters and sisters will meet the likes of osinachies husband and they will be beaten to death maybe by then he will have sense. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by rickleye: 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

boy friend and girlfriend beeating started more in earlier 2000s, it wasn't like this 1990s

Nope - It was so much earlier. Again, depending on how old you are between 40-60 yrs this was rampant back then but no one got involved . I remember 5 stories and 2 i personally witnessed in Abule-Egba near the GAF school ( Segun Akinola Street ) . The house is located between Segun Akinola and Onitiri Road/Street. The woman would scream - You go kill me today o. Shout and scream - everybody would mind their own business. Next week she has a black eye yet they walk hand in hand " romantically " along the road together. As a lad , i was confused.

The other incident - my dad was called to get involved so i tagged along - The lady had a busted lip , twisted the white shirt of the dude into a knot, wrapper loose with top torn and breasts just showing. I was so shocked at her state that the "free show" was more like horror.

Bros - nothing is new under the son - Social Media has just made it known to all what was hidden in secret.

Taking it up a notch - Police Brutality, has always been reported by rappers in songs even Fela - no one believed now that you can record with a mobile phone and post, you now see first hand reports .

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by donprinyo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
Mindlog:

Their fellow women, just as men are eager to marry their fellow men because they are more logical and less likely to provoke domestic violence.
I love my women more but more matured in mind and dedicated in having a cool family.
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by kazyhm(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
TONYE001:

1. The article above has no point against correcting a child and sending children on appropriate-for-age errands; it is entirely against every form of DV, including a wife assaulting her maid.

2. I agree, family values must be revived and this was captured in the article.

3. YES, a husband should not request for food from his wife when they both return from work (both exhausted). The husband and the wife must help each other in preparing their meals. If the husband gets home before the wife, there's nothing wrong if he prepares the meal before his wife returns and vice versa. You see, when there is true love, understanding, and maturity, this, really, would not be seen as a big deal. It's just like a brother living with his sister who decides to fix dinner before his sister arrives ..

4. Do you also know that husbands request money from their wives? Why do you think it's only wives that request money from their husbands? Anyone can request money from anyone! A husband cannot be in cash all the time. Sometimes, unexpected expenses happen requiring extra funds or something. Couples don't necessarily have to wait until a request is made; couples should give freely, whether or not there is a need.

5. These are not necessarily rules. These are etiquettes of peaceful living. Anyone can work the above points out by applying clear reasoning and first principles.

6. "So many women that you see talking back at husband's calls their pastors daddy and and even see nothing wrong in submitting to his rules and regulations but turns to tiger in their matrimonial homes" - sadly, this is true.

7. The article is not just my opinion, sir. As you can see, it's a product of research. The article did not isolate the horrible economy and the society as the reasons of DV (they are very MAJOR reasons though). The article identified many other reasons.

Thank you.

At this junction, I would like to contribute to this complex issue you simplified.

I'm coming
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by ImaIma1(f): 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sureplug123:

From your last paragraph, the snake can be the woman too right? I mean what happens in a relationship where the man provokes the woman? Can she also beat him? Those relationships where the guys beats the ladies, don't the men offend too?

You guys make it sound like being emotional is a bad thing? If we cannot accommodate each other's differences, are we humans? Who indeed made men more logical and women more emotional?

Look at your house for instance...do you have grown sisters? Does your dad still beat them? If not, why doesn't he? Don't they annoy him? I'm just trying to understand why men think it is their place to beat their women.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by TONYE001(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
bukatyne:

I thought physical domestic violence reduced in recent times.

Studies actually show otherwise.
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by TONYE001(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
kingyakos:

It's still not gonna change anything, 70% of America prison inmate is as a result of domestic violence and domestic violence is still on the high in America.
Even is the penalty is death sentence,it still not gonna change anything.

By putting abusers away in prison, they'd not have further access to victims.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
bukatyne:

I was wondering if we are in the same world.

DV more rampant ke?

You know there are some topics we don't need to research about because we see this happen every day. All my life, I have only seen older women and pastors advising younger women to back to abusive marriages, I am yet to see any young chap or young pastor and the likes advicing a young lady to take such a step. It is always those old women, the reason is because it was a norm to beat your wife back in the days (90s downwards). Also, it is always the older aunties or women in your family that would never believe you when say an Uncle is trying to molest you, this younger generation parents are smarter than that.

Most of this is due to slavery, beating up people wasn't a taboo. It was a form of correction that was accepted back then, people died but no news outlet online to report it.

I don't have strength to provide data on this now, maybe someday I will. I have too much work to do, adulting life no easy.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
iykejohnson:

That's is also my fear! That this man may walk away from this with every penny she made, and retain custody of the kids even after it all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by kingyakos: 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
TONYE001:

By putting abusers away in prison, they'd not have further access to victims.

Just sentence all men to prison at once so to end domestic violence
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by iykejohnson(m): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That's is also my fear! That this man may walk away from this with every penny she made, and retain custody of the kids even after it all. undecided
Honestly, I have been pondering on that seriously
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Mindlog: 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
iykejohnson:

I hope the defense team would enlist the services of a government approved child psychologist to assess the children to give an insight into what happened in their home to build a solid case.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
The write'up is comprehensive and factual.
It's also well referenced, buhh why were the "et al" not in italics though?! or NL doesn't permit italics??!
Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by IamAsiri: 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I'm not disputing that their is no good woman, all I'm saying is that some of them deserves better beating to reset their brain. Some were very stupid while in their father's house and they still carried d stupidity to d husband's house, for how would d husband endure her stupidity.

So, that means you believe that some men deserve death from their wives too. Right? Like those we hear who stab their husbands to death?

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: A Time To Fight Back by Sureplug123(m): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
ImaIma1:

From your last paragraph, the snake can be the woman too right? I mean what happens in a relationship where the man provokes the woman? Can she also beat him? Those relationships where the guys beats the ladies, don't the men offend too?

You guys make it sound like being emotional is a bad thing? If we cannot accommodate each other's differences, are we humans? Who indeed made men more logical and women more emotional?

Look at your house for instance...do you have grown sisters? Does your dad still beat them? If not, why doesn't he? Don't they annoy him? I'm just trying to understand why men think it is their place to beat their women.

my sister's can never and will never abuse my DAD.
See, I don't support domestic violence, but can your partner just walk up to you and start hitting you? Women have their mouth as their weapon while men have their fist as their weapon.

Let's assume I attack you with a sword and you have a gun in your hands, won't you shoot at me?

The case of Bianca Ojukwu and the former governor's wife is a good example. Women can't take half of what they dish out.

10men can live in a room but 2 women can't live in a compound without fighting and you think men are the problem?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pills Without Husband Consent / Effects Of Early Marriage / Guys, What Do You Consider To Be A Fair Dowry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.