Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed (15074 Views)

Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike / 2023: Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed Meet To Pick Northern Consensus Aspirant / APC Will Understand Our Strength When It Tries To Impeach Saraki – Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
•Ugwuanyi insists on fairness, equity, justice

•As Zoning Committee submits report

The group of northern presidential aspirants under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presently holding consultations with stakeholders and being coordinated by former President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has dismissed the suggestion that it is trying to get consensus to the pave way for a northern presidential candidate.

The group, made up of Saraki, Governors Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto) and Bala Mohammed (Bauchi) as well as Muhammed Hayatu-Deen, met with Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State at his lodge in Asokoro, Abuja on Tuesday as they sought his buy-in in the move to reach consensus on the zoning of the PDP presidential ticket for next year’s election.

Speaking at the end of the meeting on behalf of the group, Saraki debunked the assertion that their objective is to ensure the emergence of a northern candidate as the PDP consensus flagbearer.

He pointed out that other aspirants who are also meeting separately with stakeholders will soon meet with the group to advance the search for a consensus.

The former Kwara State governor stated: “I think we’ve emphasized this at the visits we’ve done around the country that it is not just a northern agenda. When we started about a few weeks ago, about three weeks now, most of the aspirants we met were mainly in the north.

“We’re talking to the aspirants across the country now because more people have come out from the South. All the aspirants are going to meet because we are talking about a Nigerian. We’re not talking about a southern or a northern aspirant.

“And I have good news that already, moves are being made by the aspirants in the South to meet and eventually, all aspirants, we will all meet and see one consensus and that consensus is a Nigerian that represents all the groups.

“So, I just want to be clear about that just to reassure it is not about the issue of a northern consensus. Not at all. It is a consensus for the PDP.”

Saraki added that they want to create a platform where the aspirants can unite as a party that hopes to take over the government, stressing that Nigerians have continued to endure hardship and insecurity under the present administration.

He further said: “We have just finished discussions. The four of us, are aspiring to be the president under our great party and we are going out, talking to colleagues, stakeholders on how to unite with us now are aspirants in the sense that we create a platform of a party that is going to take over the government.

“We see the hardship of Nigerians, the issue of insecurity, we had an incident just two days ago and 135 people that died in Plateau,” also alluding to the recent attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train, which has seen families groaning over their loved ones affected.

“With the hardship, the high cost of living, it is clear that it is only the PDP that can reverse it and rescue this country,” Saraki stated, adding that the group is determined to ensure the success of the consensus arrangement to enable the PDP to win the election.

In his response, Governor Ugwuanyi thanked the group for the visit but insisted that any zoning must be based on fairness, equity and justice to make it meaningful.

He said: “Your Excellencies, I can’t thank God enough for granting all of you journey mercies. On behalf of the good people of Enugu State, I formally welcome each and every one of you.

“I’d like to say this. I welcome consensus based on justice, equity and fairness. Thank you.”

Meanwhile, the PDP Zoning Committee headed by Governor Sam Ortom of Benue State has submitted its report to the national leadership of the party.

The vice-chairman of the committee and Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ndudi Elumelu submitted it to the PDP National Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu in Abuja on Tuesday.

He affirmed that the decision of the committee, which he declined to disclose, was reached unanimously.

Elumelu said: “Every member of the 37 man zoning committee had ample opportunity to make their submissions. Arising from our inability to conclude, we shifted it to the 5th of April and on that 5th, we also unanimously and collectively reached a united decision to promote the interests of the party and we came up with the resolution.

“I am not, by virtue of the terms of reference, allowed to roll out the content of the resolution because our job is to finish, submit and theirs to take a decision. So, I believe that is the NEC that has the statutory rights to release the content of what we have done.”

“I must say that it was unanimously carried and all the signatures of all the members of the zoning committee are there for you,” he added.

While receiving the report, Ayu thanked the committee on behalf of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party, noting that they performed the task without rancour.

He added: “This decision will be known to party members across the country and all Nigerians who are eagerly awaiting the final decision of your committee.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/pdp-zoning-were-not-pursuing-northern-agenda-%e2%80%95-saraki-tambuwal-mohammed/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by successmatters(m): 10:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
PDP, If you know what is good for you, hold a meeting and choose Peter Obi as your consensus candidate.

I don't see anyone in APC that doesn't have a baggage big enough to allow him talk in front of Peter Obi.

Peter Obi is a very competent candidate who's time is now.

He can fix the economy
He can generate employment
He can scatter the cabals
He can kill godfatherism
He can stop government wastefulness
He can get good ministers and heads of security agencies
He can insist on due processes
He won't allow foreign nations to cheat Nigeria in any trade
He is very honest
He is a workaholic
He is very healthy
He is younger than most of the aspirants out there

134 Likes 16 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
According to Governor Ugwuanyi:

" I'd like to say this. I welcome consensus based on justice , equity and fairness. Thank you."

Gburugburu is a man of wisdom.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by seunmsg(m): 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
Yeah, you’re just pursuing selfish and crassly insane ambition. If we are even talking about credible and competent folks from the north, that’s a different case. Atiku, Saraki, Bala and Tambuwal are part of the most corrupt and incompetent public administrators from the north. Nigeria deserves better than those clowns.

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by successmatters(m): 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
seunmsg:
Yeah, you’re just pursuing selfish and crassly insane ambition. If we are even talking about credible and competent folks from the north, that’s a different case. Atiku, Saraki, Bala and Tambuwal are part of the most corrupt and incompetent public administrators from the north. Nigeria deserves better than those clowns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Realist12: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
PDP should make a southerner it's candidate. If not they are going extinct after this election. They'd lose all the credibility they have left .

17 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
When will PDP announce the report of their zoning committee?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Donshegxy10(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
The agenda is nothern, personal interest and selfish.
If it is not why cant they support a candidate from the southeast.
Saraki is always dangerous.

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by triple996(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
No mkpurumiri will ever near asorock grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by TooMuchStuff: 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
Peter Obi or burst the idea of PDP in power

Wike is also capable just as Fayose the Irumole of Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Rastaramsey(m): 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
successmatters:
PDP, If you know what is good for you, hold a meeting and choose Peter Obi as your consensus candidate.

I don't see anyone in APC that doesn't have a baggage big enough to allow him talk in front of Peter Obi.

He can fix the economy
He can kill godfatherism
He is very honest
He is a workaholic
He is very healthy

An average politician no fi do all this rubbish you wrote her jare undecided undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Rastaramsey(m): 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thats what's up mah niggarr....

That's what yah all are pursuing....

They want Atiku to be the candidate again lipsrsealed

PDP and APC primary go bloody ah swear dowm grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
U people should give urself brain oo

1 Like

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by myike2(m): 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Na so

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by ATEAMS: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
Oyyana
Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Algold: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
My love for Saraki has no boundaries. Pls Saraki vie for VP position. God help you
Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by SenatePresdo(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
Then you people should step down for Peter Obi.

Simple.

18 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by bukkysam(f): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
I dont think election go happen for this country next year oo

3 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Officialzito: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin grin grin grin cool cool

so cute na

1 Like

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Dobalae: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Awon weyrey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Stevenson20: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2022
All of you are MAD. Your region has been ruling for God-knows-when, yet your region looks like Somalia and co.

Its either southern candidate rules, especially south east or we say bye bye to this failed British experiment

13 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Coronavirus1: 12:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Southern president or no Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:09am On Apr 14, 2022
successmatters:

He can fix the economy
He can kill godfatherism
He is very honest
He is a workaholic
He is very healthy
Peter Obi can't win forget this hype there's nothing special about him self...

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
When will PDP announce the report of their zoning committee?
there's no zoning let Obi compete

2 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by 1867xs: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
triple996:
No mkpurumiri will ever near asorock grin
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Koundy98(f): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2022
B
Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by Onogiede(m): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2022
This people reason with their anus aswear,..how can one region hold down progress of Nigeria,.. Heaven go fall if u guys support southeast? Inconsequential set of people,. I so trust my Edo people
Failure to choose southeast then every one will support APC candidate.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Zoning: We're Not Pursuing Northern Agenda - Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed by West2019(m): 12:28am On Apr 14, 2022
What I'm seeing coming in 2023 ,if its not Osi banjo ,it will be Atiku or Obi As for Tinubu is an idiot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Parents Of Nigeria's Abducted Girls Die / Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola / El-Rufai: My Child Will Remain In Public School Despite Kidnapping Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.