Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? (28081 Views)

Which State(s) Do You Think Atiku Or Buhari Won't Make A 25%? / Cjn's Suspension: Where Is Vp Osinbajo Standing? / FACT-CHECK: How Accurate Is Osinbajo’s Claim On Nigeria’s Debt Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by derecho(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2022
Today is just Day 5 o..
I wonder how Tinubu has been sleeping since Monday sef.

"National leader"
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Donshegxy10(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2022
derecho:
I have answered you in my first reply na.Abi you no see am.

We are not talking about their promises yet.We are talking about what we already know about them.

If they're all the same as you'd have us believe, why choose who you choose?

i chose tinubu because of his antecedent in piloting the affairs of lagos, i dont want to start mention those things he did, but i will state categorically that the problems of nigeria is that our leaders always put square pegs in round holes, tinubu is known to always mostly getting it right in fixing people that can do the job into position and they have always performed excellently.

In as much he is not near perfect, hate him or like him, you must agree with me that he is a visioneer that can not be dictated to by a certain cabal.

If the federal gov did not go against his independent power project our electricty will not be where it is now.

1 Like

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Donshegxy10(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2022
seguno2:

If all politicians are corrupt, please why did ThiefNuibu and Bubu make their 2015 campaign about fighting corruption, which has become worse since 2015? Is that how to be progressive people of IntegriThief

you should not be asking me that question, cant you read when i said politicians will say anything to win election, it is left for you to do your research and find out the truth.

Secondly i will repeat this again as at 2015, jonathan was never an option because he has failed many of us that voted him into power in 2011 despite the odds against him.
Just like today if buhari wanted to contest for an elective position, he will fail woefully, because his performance is nothing to write home about.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Donshegxy10(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2022
seguno2:

There is a lot of difference between PDP and APC when it comes to economic policies and education for everyone. That is why Nigerians were generally better off economically and PDP established Universal Basic Education (UBE), almajiri schools and universities.
Seven years of Bubu and APC has wiped out all these things.

If they are the same thing on corruption, why is ThiefNuibu, Bubu and Osinbajo shouting about PDP’s corruption and clueless Nigerians repeating the same lies and propaganda? Why

it was not a propaganda, jonathan was cluesless just like how buhari is now, even insiders in his goverment says he wasnt the one running the government, he failed woefully in the area of security which apc capitalized on to win election.
Where is the propaganda in that.

Before buhari came in the economy has started nose diving, it was only compounded by buhari incompetence.

Do you remember how many local government boko haram was in charge, this are fact not propaganda.

The security funds that were eaten by pdp cronies, did they testify in court that they recieve the money or not, this are fact and not propaganda.
Jonathan said there are boko haram element in his government, this are fact.

What i am saying is that they are all corrupt, dont let us pretend as if the person you are supporting is holy.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by 77up(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2022
...and it is on this note I officially pit my tent with Tinubu, no more Osinbajo or Tinubu , both cannot be president at the same time.

BAT 2023
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Llyodsjids(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2022
Lol, beautiful nonsense, we see through your writeup
You could have simply said "I SUPPORT Tinubu" rather than going on this lengthy rant
Though the entire APC structure is a scam, but Osinbanjo will definitely be a better choice than tinubu
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Easylifelomo(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2022
I'm
oikirodah:
Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? Matters Arising by Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable, than loyalty. ~ Cicero

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/whose-mandate-is-osinbajo-standing-on-tinubu-or-buhari-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/
you are too much, bravo �
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by opribo(m): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2022
First he denied contesting until the powers that be beckoned him to run.

This means that he wont have a mind of his own while there, he would be pushed around and then if he tries to show himself he will be given the late Shonekan treatment. That is why it will be better he respects himself and just keep off because it is a trap. Beware.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by seguno2: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Donshegxy10:
you should not be asking me that question, cant you read when i said politicians will say anything to win election, it is left for you to do your research and find out the truth.

Secondly i will repeat this again as at 2015, jonathan was never an option because he has failed many of us that voted him into power in 2011 despite the odds against him.
Just like today if buhari wanted to contest for an elective position, he will fail woefully, because his performance is nothing to write home about.

What truth about Buhari’s failures in the 1980s, and corruption with Abacha made sensible people vote him over Jonathan, if not lies and propaganda?

On what basis is anyone supposed to vote for Tinubu or Osinbajo, being part of Buhari’s failures from the 2015 propaganda packaging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by derecho(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2022
And how would you know if others couldn't do better if you don't allow them?
There are 1001 people who can do better than tinubu.Tinubu's greed and obnoxious antecedents shouldn't be ignored. Did you know what Tinubu can do before 1999?
Stop hyping Tinubu abeg.
So if independent power project our electricty was disallowed, he couldn't come up with another idea?
Donshegxy10:

i chose tinubu because of his antecedent in piloting the affairs of lagos, i dont want to start mention those things he did, but i will state categorically that the problems of nigeria is that our leaders always put square pegs in round holes, tinubu is known to always mostly getting it right in fixing people that can do the job into position and they have always performed excellently.

In as much he is not near perfect, hate him or like him, you must agree with me that he is a visioneer that can not be dictated to by a certain cabal.

If the federal gov did not go against his independent power project our electricty will not be where it is now.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Donshegxy10(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2022
seguno2:

What truth about Buhari’s failures in the 1980s, and corruption with Abacha made sensible people vote him over Jonathan, if not lies and propaganda?

On what basis is anyone supposed to vote for Tinubu or Osinbajo, being part of Buhari’s failures from the 2015 propaganda packaging

people voted for buhari not because they think he will be better but because they knew that jonathan was never an option, if pdp had put forward another candidate apart jonathan who at that time was a bad product, they would have won.

It is a norm for politicians to lie to you all in the aim of winning your vote, your responsibility is to find out the truth and educate them.

iN WHAT CAPACITY WAS BOLA TINUBU PART OF BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT FAILURE?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by raphealolami(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2022
You will know from all asiwaju's topic that there are people paid to drive his course on nairaland.

They say the same thing everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by sencekompis: 8:56am On Apr 15, 2022
OSINBAJO will surely do a better job regardless what.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by sencekompis: 8:58am On Apr 15, 2022
The few months Osinbajo used as deputy speaks volume.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by rickyrex(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2022
islandsscotch8:
Jagaban, the slayer of mpukumiri addicts , Jah bless the leader. The man that singlehandedly reformed policing in Lagos by bringing the RRS which has til today been the most equipped and best police division in the country. That is exactly why we are supporting this man
yah nah why extortion full everywhere for Lagos. Tinubu brought equipped hungry policemen and Agbero extorting every hard earned money if lagocians
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Donshegxy10(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2022
derecho:
And how would you know if others couldn't do better if you don't allow them?
There are 1001 people who can do better than tinubu.Tinubu's greed and obnoxious antecedents shouldn't be ignored. Did you know what Tinubu can do before 1999?
Stop hyping Tinubu abeg.
So if independent power project our electricty was disallowed, he couldn't come up with another idea?

my friend, politics is deeper than what you are saying.

People chose who to vote for based on antecedent, goodwill, personal interest.

Tinubu was a former senator before 1999, he was a nadeco chieftain.

Power is under the purview of the federal government, so there is little he can do.

It is true that we have people that can do it better than jagaban but the truth is that they dont have a structure to win election in nigeria.

My top 4 are fela durotoye, mogalu, osinbajo and obi, but i am a realist, none of them can win a national election as at today in nigeria.

If osinbajo or obi can manage to get their party ticket, i will gladly support and vote for them, but i am certain that they cant even make the top 2, party politics is about structure and money which they dont have.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by matrixme(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2022
I don't like Osibanjo. I hope he and Tinubu don't win. But if there is an agreement between both that stated the former must not contest for president but must support the ambition of the later, then I don't think the issue of betrayal should come up. But I strongly believe that they both deserve to have our share of the commonwealth they have acquired for themselves, wasted on a failed campaign bid. Where else to spend the money?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Esquire08: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2022
You said everything except the truth. If Osibanjo can not be separated from Buhari's failure as the writer posited- even i too agree to some extent, but that makes Tinubu's fault twice worse than we've imagined cause afterall as you've bragged, he singlehandedly anointed Osibanjo as the VP. If we curse Osibanjo, we too must curse Tinubu. After all Osibanjo is just a fruit, Tinubu is the tree that produced him. The fruit is only as good or bad as the tree that produced it. If Osibanjo is this useless, why did Tinubu anoint him and impose him on Nigerians in 2015.
In all you've said my man, you just told the intelligent man not to put trust in Tinubu's judgement. And how can I elect to be my president whom I can't trust his judgement
pyyxxaro:
He’s standing on Tinubu’s Manhood
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by softwareman(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2022
derecho:
Na Tinubu be Nigerians wey vote abi?
Only God deserves the credit Oga.

You pipu would just be acting as if those anointed by Tinubu haven't failed even in the SW here.

When Mimoko gave him a bloodied nose in Ordinary Ondo State, wia una dey?

The point is helped them got there.
God used him to help people get there.
No matter how u spin it, HE ADDED VALUE TO THE LIFE OF BUHARI,Osinbajo, FASHOLA, GBA IABIAMILA, SENATE PRESIDENT and many, many more.
He did not make them because ONLY GOD MAKES. BUT GOD HAS USED TINUBU TO LIFT THOUSANDS POLITICALLY.
My question to supporters of the VP is simple.What contribution has he made to anyone's political career in the last seven years as VP ?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by PEXBlog(f): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2022
Ademidd:
Pls keep the church out of your mouth. The only reason you guys have been wailing all over the forum is because your 'defence salary' will be at stake if your candidate fails and not because you care for the common man on the street. Adeboye is not contesting for president, he is a pastor not a politician. All the political parties are heavily represented in RCCG.

I don't have much to say to you, but I will tell you this: If you can separate emotions out of your reasoning, then you will make a good judgment and see things clearly.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by derecho(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2022
I agree with you but antecedents includes the not too pleasant past too.
Please forget the "nadeco and Senate" ting.
First, he wasn't the only one from Lagos with those credentials. Though,we know the senate ting is a very brief one.Go and read about Olagunsoye Oyinlola's rebuttals when Tinubu was against his gubernatorial ambition in Osun state.
The point remains, Tinubu was given the opportunity and supported. He should do same.

Power could be under the purview of the FG, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do something. Can't he sponsor the training of young people to create modular power generating plants in communities?

Friend, where Tinubu's administrative skills end is where another man's ability begin.Let him support Osinbajo with his "structure"
Donshegxy10:

my friend, politics is deeper than what you are saying.

People chose who to vote for based on antecedent, goodwill, personal interest.

Tinubu was a former senator before 1999, he was a nadeco chieftain.

Power is under the purview of the federal government, so there is little he can do.

It is true that we have people that can do it better than jagaban but the truth is that they dont have a structure to win election in nigeria.

My top 4 are fela durotoye, mogalu, osinbajo and obi, but i am a realist, none of them can win a national election as at today in nigeria.

If osinbajo or obi can manage to get their party ticket, i will gladly support and vote for them, but i am certain that they cant even make the top 2, party politics is about structure and money which they dont have.
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by hush15: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2022
oikirodah:
Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? Matters Arising by Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/whose-mandate-is-osinbajo-standing-on-tinubu-or-buhari-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

I would rather do KOLA ABIOLA
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by softwareman(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2022
raphealolami:
You will know from all asiwaju's topic that there are people paid to drive his course on nairaland.

They say the same thing everywhere.
Herein lies the problem of INTOLERANCE on nairaland. Do virulent tinubu critics not say the same thing all the time.
Do tinubu admirers not have a right of LOVE just as you have a right of HATE?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by derecho(m): 9:50am On Apr 15, 2022
I stand with my previous assertion.

Politics is broader than how you are projecting it.
Many other things contribute to and impart politics.You don't need to be an active politician to impact lives massively.

So you think Osinbajo's stint as commissioner was of no effect to Tinubu's administration? Find out the legal battles during Tinubu's time and the contribution of Osinbajo

Finally,
No one single man makes people rather "in the multitude of people is the King's honor ". Tinubu is who he is, first because of God who gave him people (not a man) to help him.
softwareman:

The point is helped them got there.
God used him to help people get there.
No matter how u spin it, HE ADDED VALUE TO THE LIFE OF BUHARI,Osinbajo, FASHOLA, GBA IABIAMILA, SENATE PRESIDENT and many, many more.
He did not make them because ONLY GOD MAKES. BUT GOD HAS USED TINUBU TO LIFT THOUSANDS POLITICALLY.
My question to supporters of the VP is simple.What contribution has he made to anyone's political career in the last seven years as VP ?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Shevchenkko: 10:12am On Apr 15, 2022
bicoloratrite9:
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon is one of the greatest politician ever. As it stands, he is the most mentioned politician in Africa. This man need to be studied by student of politics in our universities, we need to have a full syllabus on Asiwaju with reference to Nigerian politics
Chai! All these you do because of peanuts. May God help you

1 Like

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Sleekfingers: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2022
oikirodah:

Cut long story short, Osinbajo is our next president.....

1 Like

Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by lexy2014: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Amalekki:

Mr Questions, how did you arrive at this your conclusion? grin

Mr. Answers, is Osinbajo a bigot and a religious extremist. Do u have any evidence that supports that he is? Does Osinbajo deserve to rule nigeria? Is he a man who is only interested in his presidential ambition & not d welfare of d people of Nigeria?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by lexy2014: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Cut long story short, Osinbajo is our next president.....

Based on what criteria?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Sleekfingers: 11:15am On Apr 15, 2022
lexy2014:

Based on what criteria?

Based on obvious competency
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by lexy2014: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2022
bicoloratrite9:
Asiwaju, the Lion of Bourdillon is one of the greatest politician ever. As it stands, he is the most mentioned politician in Africa. This man need to be studied by student of politics in our universities, we need to have a full syllabus on Asiwaju with reference to Nigerian politics

How is Tinubu the most mentioned politician in Africa? How is he one of the greatest politicians ever? On what basis should he be studied by students of politics in our universities? Pls also remember that buhari who Tinubu promoted in 2015 as the best presidential candidate in d history of Nigeria was recently studied in a university in Scotland as what leadership shouldn't be
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by lexy2014: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Based on obvious competency

What obvious competency?
Re: Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? by Olumaeme: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2022
You are a very good writer and honestly I love the flow of your words. You are a die hard Tinubu supporter which is very clear but all what you are saying is scratching the surface.

You are practically talking as if you are not in Nigeria or you are not in tune with the current realities in the country.

Tinubu is a tactician, has made lots of people, he has the structures and wealth to pull this through but sadly, people who have this things don't become President.

Firstly, the current President is a Muslim, and there's no way another Muslim candidate will be presented by the same party and it will sell.
Also, if Tinubu becomes candidate as a muslim, will he decide to pick a Christian candidate from the North? Suicidal! Will he pick a Muslim northerner to make it Muslim - Muslim ticket? Your guess is as good as mine.

Secondly, the way APC is structured as a party, only few people are controlling it, Bagudu, Buni, Malami, Adamu with Buhari the leader.
This folks decides what happens in the party.
Those people do not like Tinubu, Buhari alone has 70% of the influence on his successor, whoever he picks automatically becomes the party flag bearer.

Don't forget, since after the election were won in 2015, Tinubu was literally trashed. He does not control the party at national, he does not have any say. He was only consulted when 2019 was approaching, his man Oshiomole was made the party chairman and was removed when they were done with him.

Aside age, perception on corruption, health concerns etc which are also against him.

All those governors he is meeting, house of Reps members will amount to nothing when Buhari names his candidate just like he did with Adamu.

I can bet that Tinubu will never be President!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

‘atiku, Agbaje May Lose In Lagos If…’ / APC National Chairman, Adamu Disowns List Of NASS Principal Officers / FBI Is Expected To Release 2,500 Records On Tinubu - UberFacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.