Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo (68785 Views)

Lagos Warns Residents Of Lekki, Ajah, Others Of Imminent Flooding / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: See The Bad Road Motorists, Residents Go Through Daily / Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Kobicove(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
datola:
And every Tom, Dick and Hary is moving to Lekki Ajah to belong.

That axis is going to be over congested in few years to come.

It is already congested!

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by beresponsible(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
So when they say we live in island this is what they go through daily. Glorified slum dogs
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
The pictures doesn't do justice

4 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by buckeyemedia: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
[quote author=seunayantokun post=111951817]If you have ever checked out and seen what obtains elsewhere, you will accept the system called Nigeria is a jungle, kept so by evil doers called leaders & followers.
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by buckeyemedia: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
beresponsible:
So when they say we live in island this is what they go through daily. Glorified slum dogs
Pitiful Hypocrite, why cry more than the bereaved?

You are whining about an area that even as, you cannot afford to live?

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by oladipupo2234: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
My sincere sympathy goes in advance to anyone residing along the lekki aja axis.

By the time Dangote refinery and the Lekki free trade zone become fully operational, the traffic presently experienced along the Apapa axis will be a childsplay to what will be experienced here.

Just wait till then and you will understand that the current Lagos state government is totally clueless and has no concrete plan to ameliorate the present daily lagosian commute not to mention of that of the future.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by buckeyemedia: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
oladipupo2234:
My sincere advance simpathy goes to anyone who reside on the lekki aja axis.

By the time Dangote refinery and the Lekki free trade zone become fully operational, the traffic presently experienced along the Apapa axis will be a childsplay to what will be experienced here.

Just wait till then and you will understand better that the current Lagos state government is totally clueless and has no concrete plan to ameliorate the present daily lagosian commute not to mention that of the future.

This is our Lagos State that some blind bats are telling me Bola Tinubu transformed?

3 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Bbbw: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by wonder233: 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
You sound pained you can't live on the island. Where are you campaigning so vigorously for us to come to on your mainland: is it bariga, mushin, Ijora badia, okoko, makoko, igando, orile, ijesha, apapa, Abi where? Because the few nice places like gbagada and magodo will be overpopulated if we all move there. Security on the mainland my foot, go and stay in Ketu one week and give us report
Eriokanmi:
No be una wan stay for lekki? Fake lifestyle, running generator 24/7, living always in fears with most places with green floors and mosquito infested environment where water can't be used to bathe or flush the toilet without being treated with floods everywhere blocking driveways.

I have money to build in lekki but I chose not to. My friend working with an oil and gas compamy who built there ended up selling it and moving with me to the mainland. I enjoy steady power supply with good environment in the estate where I live with family. Before the national grid collapsed, we were enjoying electricity for at least 20 hours daily. When traveling overseas or within , I always get to the airport ahead of those coming from that side. I still wonder what they're seeing there.

Lekki insecurity is worse even now. If care isn't taken, you could be picked and taken off to a ritualist den unnoticed. There's a boy who's been missing since early march who went to work at lekki so he wouldn't stay home doing nothing due to ASUU strike. He's not been found till date. We always pray that he returns home safely. His name is Samson Adeola Ajayi, a UI student. He got to same lekki and never returned. Some people said they sighted him around lekki that morning he went missing, meaning he actually got to lekki before his disappearance. He never reported for work. There's only one road leading there from the mainland. The government keeps using 4th mainland bridge to campaign every 4 years. Hope we'd reason well next year by not fall for their lies again. Lekki my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Elvis2kay: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Alternative road is COASTAL ROAD.
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by izubext007: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lagos Nawa.
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Bluntemperor: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
dawnomike:
We have become used to the madness

IKORODU- AGBOWA ROAD IS BAD!
Come to Ikorodu( from Sabo through Itamaga to--- Agbowa to Itoken,it's terrible on daily basis for Commutals! This road is over 20years of age!
There over 1001- Pot- Holes on this road and is a death- trap to the users.This road is a Federal Road no doubt but Lagos State can still reduce the pressures on the people living around here!
Here, FERMA presence is zero despite all the Multi- Millions they Budgeted for on yearly basis, nothing to show for it! Hon.Minister Fashola should just come and visit this road to confirm what we are saying!
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Eriokanmi: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
wonder233:
You sound pained you can't live on the island. Where are you campaigning so vigorously for us to come to on your mainland: is it bariga, mushin, Ijora badia, okoko, makoko, igando, orile, ijesha, apapa, Abi where? Because the few nice places like gbagada and magodo will be overpopulated if we all move there. Security on the mainland my foot, go and stay in Ketu one week and give us report
Eyah. Sorry ooh, you even mention mainland slum like those in badore and ibeju join grin just to prove a point. I had a plot inside uncle Okunu Estate, not too far from manor house if you truly live in lekki but sold it. A plot i bought for 100m in 2010. Lekki my foot I reiterate. Tell me if all I said about lekki wasn't the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by propertyhunter1: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Mainland is the best
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Coldie(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
WIZGUY69:

I know more than your father grin
U know pass my father way no pass you generation no mean say u get sense
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Tombrown3(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
BananaPeel:

Shebi govt made sure other States port no work so that Lagos go continue to form jagaban. You people have not seen anything yet. The State go collapse when the threshold is exceeded...

Baffles me why only lagos got a working sea port the whole of naija, like how?

Buhari even came and closed down all burders but went and built rail way from him village to Nigel spending billions. What's wrong with this people, why do they like to see us suffer

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by VULCAN(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
It is an aboki okada rider that will knock you down and when you stand up to challenge him he will stab you in the chest.

Then with your last breath you will realise that it wasn't the Igbo you hate that killed you.

It was the Fulani you and your ilk were to cowardly to face that brought Ur journey to an end.

RIP

Afonjakid:
Too many afonjas are fleeing their brown roof states to Lagos to come and be causing gridlocks for lagosians.most of them just ce to do agbero work and constitute nusiances in lagos.the need to go back to their skull mining and brown roof infested states
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by wonder233: 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
Nairaland property owner. Anybody can use mouth to buy property on a faceless forum. Okay me sef own the whole of magodo, it was because of me supreme court made that ruling. How you like me now? grin
Eriokanmi:
Eyah. Sorry ooh, you even mention mainland slum like those in badore and ibeju join grin just to prove a point. I had a plot inside uncle Okunu Estate, not too far from manor house if you truly live in lekki but sold it. A plot i bought for 100m in 2010. Lekki my foot I reiterate. Tell me if all I said about lekki wasn't the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Ebullient76(m): 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
Seriously. I passed through it today, in fact, the government needs to something asap. It's always tiring passing through that axis.
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by LIVEGOESON1: 9:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
grin so all i do on this platform is catch cruise and laugh at the silly and crazy comment by nairalanders members and also make my own noise too. Amazing faceless platform. Guy e don choke nwa guy, i don't know how this platform is going to be of help to me this night i have nothing to shy abt right now. I recently move to lagos and i was lucky enough to gen a job in a hotel at ikeja. I will be resuming tomorrow morning but no transport and i don't know who to meet or beg for help. I will be going very early by 5am 7:30 is resumption time. Pls nairalanders nothing is too small even if na #500 i will use POS to collect #400 my acc no: 0507629158 david usulor GTBANK. Guys pls e no easy for anyone. I no fit do illegal na why i de cry out to una. I beg make una come to my aid. At least POS NEVER CLOSE BY NOW
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Emdebby2: 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
We are used to it.
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by COMPAQ(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
datola:
And every Tom, Dick and Hary is moving to Lekki Ajah to belong.

That axis is going to be over congested in few years to come.

It already is.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Eriokanmi: 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
wonder233:
Nairaland property owner. Anybody can use mouth to buy property on a faceless forum. Okay me sef own the whole of magodo, it was because of me supreme court made that ruling. How you like me now? grin
You're right but that doesn't make everyone who made a point here a liar, just because some people are. After all, we're all anonymous here. Those who know me can attest to the fact that I'm worth even more than what I said. All the artisans, the architect,suppliers, masons engaged for my property in lagos alone were sourced from the property section on Nairaland and they're pro to the core. I don't have to blow my trumpet cos its not necessary. They know me. I just told you why I can't live at lekki period.

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Klass99(f): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
cool
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by COMPAQ(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
I hope the regional road will not have junctions like the existing Lekki EPE expressway. In truth, it's not even an expressway. There is nothing express about it. The regional road should have flyovers, while people turn beneath it to go left and right.

Go abroad and see what an expressway is. An expressway means to you can go long distances at fast speeds with zero interruption. Between VI and VGC there are about 8 junctions.

Even Lagos Ibadan expressway that JB have done up to Shagamu interchange is not an expressway. The amount of turn offs off that road is a major distraction to smooth driving.

What they should have done is created like a service road parralel to the main expressway and have proper exits at say 2km intervals that properly exit you to that service road. Or remove all the economic activity on the side of the road (admittedly this would be hard to do)

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Adlac(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Eriokanmi:
No be una wan stay for lekki? Fake lifestyle, running generator 24/7, living always in fears with most places with green floors and mosquito infested environment where water can't be used to bathe or flush the toilet without being treated with floods everywhere blocking driveways.

I have money to build in lekki but I chose not to. My friend working with an oil and gas compamy who built there ended up selling it and moving with me to the mainland. I enjoy steady power supply with good environment in the estate where I live with family. Before the national grid collapsed, we were enjoying electricity for at least 20 hours daily. When traveling overseas or within , I always get to the airport ahead of those coming from that side. I still wonder what they're seeing there.

Lekki insecurity is worse even now. If care isn't taken, you could be picked and taken off to a ritualist den unnoticed. There's a boy who's been missing since early march who went to work at lekki so he wouldn't stay home doing nothing due to ASUU strike. He's not been found till date. We always pray that he returns home safely. His name is Samson Adeola Ajayi, a UI student. He got to same lekki and never returned. Some people said they sighted him around lekki that morning he went missing, meaning he actually got to lekki before his disappearance. He never reported for work. There's only one road leading there from the mainland. The government keeps using 4th mainland bridge to campaign every 4 years. Hope we'd reason well next year by not fall for their lies again. Lekki my foot.

Same lekki Ajah couple of days ago a colleague too has been ceased/missing by the street urchins.

What effort have you guys put in place for his return?
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by roddick995(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Which road is 60 % complete ? The proposed bridge or the existent road ?
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Bluffly: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Stop all this old and young game. We all travel and see how things are. Road expansion is not a solution but other alternative means of transportation such as tram, train that are really connecting the entire city, clean and safe. Many are yet to buy their cars

DoctorOlasDesk:
The traffic along this corridor begs for alternatives

It's hi-time the government holds symposium so young ones can bring ideas to mitigate these crises

I have ideas that can reduce the traffic on this route by 85%. I'm willing to sell to LASG for 600M minimum, This is a decent sum to ask when compared to the economic advantages the government will get from this road.. If the government is serious about reducing the traffic, i'm here. Ideas full ground. The alternatives will cost between 200 Billion to 1 Trillion Quid but if the road doesn't become cleared up, they can hang me

I will only speak for 30 minutes and the things I will say when put to immediate action will permanently end traffic on that road

Meanwhile, I did my personal research on the road some weeks ago and noticed there's atleast space for 8 meters stretch to the sides of the existing road, this can accommodate atleast two more lanes which would ease movement if optimally untiled. This begs for answer to the question, what has LASG been doing with the se-called maintenance funds generated at the toll in the past 8-12 years and above.

I've persistently begged for major works carried out by LASG with the accruals from the road. Lagosians on that route are suffering from the mismanagement and draconian posturing of the government. Why?

The toll has been estimated to enjoy an inflow of around 5-25 Billion monthly, sure some amount would go into servicing the so-called debts in getting the road done before now ( Note, public eyes are blinded from inquiry into the financial reports of the debt servicing in regards to amounts payed, amounts yet to be paid, LASG only fraudulently releases memo every time saying we're extending tolls by 100 years bla bla bla without cursory information into the financial fineprints of the entirety of concerns with regards to the toll and the road )

LASG has been through the back doors sponsoring APC using the funds to sponsor from presidential election, to Osun take-over, to Ekiti take over, to Kwara take over, to Osun take over, leaving the tax payers at the merci of these thieves.

Let's speak using estimate since the government has permanently closed its books from all kinds of auditing. Let's say around 5-20 Billion is raised from the road/toll monthly, and 50% goes into debt servicing, this implies 50% would be left, let's put this figure between 2.5 and 10 Billion monthly, this figure translates to 30-120 Billion Naira annually. I double dare LASG to publish records of maintenance works carried on that road to the tune of billions per year. We also demand for the ist of the construction companies and the list of board of directors for each company

If LASG was saving 50-100 Billion annually, this means within a five years span, it would have raised 500 Billion, with support from financial institutions, it could raise additional 500 Billion, making it a combined 1 Trillion Naira revenue adequate for extremely complex engineering and construction activities to solve the challenges of this road. It's either these guys have nothing upstairs or are simply adopting the let's spend what's available attitude. Has anyone ever seen the public audited account of the toll gate in the past ten years? With 500 Billion Quid- 1 Trillion Quid, massive complex modern engineering solutions could be employed in getting the road in prim and proper form for a modern city. Nigerians make demands, stop accepting mediocrity. Wake up

You can all see why INEC said 2019 election COST BOTH APC AND PDP between 100 - 200 Billion Naira. Rather than spend tax accruals on development, your godfathers have been spending these hard earned resources on political misadventure. I dare LASG to try me and the videos i will release on youtube will bring their god father caucass to the ground. That road is in terrible shape for the population on that road. Work needs to be done

Cc : SarkinYarki

Guys watch the video in the link below abeg

https://dnbstories.com/2022/04/video-of-osinachis-husband-peter-beating-her.html
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by CloudResident(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
60% complete kwa?
I laugh in Swahili grin . The main Bruce at Vgc is not half completed, there's just pilling at Aj is ran and they are just setting up equipments at the back of NICON town for pilling, and a pedestrian bridge at cowrie creek estate
I pray they finish it in the next four years sha.
Propaganda unlimited..

2 Likes

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bluffly:
Stop all this old and young game. We all travel and see how things are. Road expansion is not a solution but other alternative means of transportation such as tram, train that are really connecting the entire city, clean and safe. Many are yet to buy their cars

Be less reactionary. You have a lot to learn from a position of humility

Enjoy your day
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
We too like over hyping and over Sabi for this kwantri.
Some people dey type say Nigerians like suffering and asked why can't we build a subway.
Oga obodo oyibo LEMME tell you that NYC traffic congestion is far worse than Nigeria.
And to the OP. This spacious parking on the pictures ain't a traffic congestion to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Man & The 2 Ladies He Was Carrying Die In An Accident In Sapele, Delta (Photos / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.