Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? (21517 Views)

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by sleek214(m): 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

If he doesn't want to go..he doesn't have to go.. np one will drag him....

He can travel abroad if that's the aim and come back to collect exemption letter when he has passed 30 and returned to Nigeria,,

But if he's staying in Nigeria he will need it for any job..
. Wrong. Law says if you graduate before 30. If he likes, let him come back to Nigeria at 60, he must serve, except his not looking for govt appointment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by ZinabeStephen: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Wahala
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by oofjm: 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
find a way to redeploy back to ur state of work....the best option I get

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Slynation(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
SmartyPants:

Nope.

Kemi had an exemption and that is as valid as the actual certificate.

Her issue is that hers was forged. Dont mislead peoole.
See how you contradicted yourself...grin someone that has a forge exemption cert doesn't have a certificate...!!

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by ayoncox: 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

A friend of mine has his name on the senate list of a university, the names for batch A stream 2 is out and his name is among, his 24yrs and according to nysc to apply for exemption you must be above 30yrs or married or have a life threatening illness, So please house, if you have ever successfully boycotted the nysc program how did you go about it and what's the process of officially applying for an exemption letter?

I'm awaiting your responses
NYSC officials in the house, your advisory is greatly needed, He doesn't want to go for NYSC as his job won't offer the flexibility and he has no time for it.

Please move to FP for fast response; he has less than 2 weeks to come up with a decision

Go for your masters outside of Nigeria, after then do your PHD, GET A Job in that country and become a citizen

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by VULCAN(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
That actually wasn't the real issue.

The real issue is that she wasn't qualified to get an exemption.

Age exemption is ONLY legally granted to those who have crossed 30yrs of age at the time of their degree award.

Kemi graduated in the UK in her 20's so she wasn't qualified.

She knew this as she had already worked at Chapel Hill Denham before the govt job came calling.

So she procured the fake exemption to enable her take up the ministerial job.

The senate would not have cleared her if she had no nysc and no exemption.

SmartyPants:

Nope.

Kemi had an exemption and that is as valid as the actual certificate.

Her issue is that hers was forged. Dont mislead peoole.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by alizma: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

A friend of mine has his name on the senate list of a university, the names for batch A stream 2 is out and his name is among, his 24yrs and according to nysc to apply for exemption you must be above 30yrs or married or have a life threatening illness, So please house, if you have ever successfully boycotted the nysc program how did you go about it and what's the process of officially applying for an exemption letter?

NYSC officials in the house, your advisory is greatly needed, He doesn't want to go for NYSC as his job won't offer the flexibility and he has no time for it.

Please move to FP for fast response; he has less than 2 weeks to come up with a decision

This is not a problem na. If you have d energy to boycott the service, I think you also have what it takes to do both without stress. As those that have been to service. No be everything person dey discuss outside
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:

wats ur advise?

Smoke weed and ur brain will be open to divine advice@Boogyman

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by SocialJustice: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

Your friend should not bother showing up or following the process. Just like people who studied abroad, most do not bother coming to Nigeria for NYSC. When your friend gets to the age that qualifies him for exemption, he can apply for it or if he decides to serve before he is 30 years. He can go to NYSC office to ask for NYSC posting.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by advanceDNA: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
sleek214:
. Wrong. Law says if you graduate before 30. If he likes, let him come back to Nigeria at 60, he must serve, except his not looking for govt appointment

so if someone is sick and couldnt go for NYSC what will happen...they will come and drag him?? .he will go through the next call up batch..and if he can't or he has exceeded the age by thr next call up batch..he will receive exemption.....
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by chiefolododo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

He can travel abroad if that's the aim and come back to collect exemption letter when he has passed 30 and returned to Nigeria,,

you are only excempted if you graduate at 30+ , if you graduate before 30, you must serve , even if you are now 50years old

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by a2d3rew(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Secondary School mate abeg come make una help me with listening .
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by segnad88: 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

Truth is, he can't escape or get an exception even if he waits till he is 30 years old. That's why they ask that your date of birth tallies with your waec and jamb and also your school certificate carries the year of graduation. Once you graduate before the age of 30, you can't be given an exception letter. If you come back for it at above 30 years, you must go camp and serve. It's a compulsory thing according to the laws.

There lots of jobs you can't get without your nysc certificate as things stands in the country. Also, you can't vie for political positions without it. Except there is no evidence that yiu finished tertiary study.

Maybe ASUU also contributed to him finishing school late. He can also travel out of which I don't think it would be required over there.

I hope this response helps.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by mrksquare: 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

My 26 years cousin while waiting for mobilization got a job in Immigration. So that paved the way for him to boycott NYSC.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by IncredibleWrite: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:

age is no longer on his side his 24, many of his coursemates even one has travelled to one country in the EU as a medical doctor,
Oga gan sit down. You have been screaming about age.

In camp you will see people 28, 29 and all. I did mine when I was 25 and finished at 26. Even though I worked for a year after graduation before going. So quit the age talk. You can be serving and still pursuing your purpose.

It's not called a mandatory one-year service for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
mrksquare:

My 26 years cousin while waiting for mobilization got a job in Immigration. So that paved the way for him to boycott NYSC.

Members of millitary and paramilitary are exempted from NYSC. They are by virtue of their job on national service

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by mrksquare: 2:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
subsidywise18:

Members of millitary and paramilitary are exempted from NYSC. They are by virtue of their job on national service

I'm aware now. That was the trick he devised. As the job opportunity presented itself, he applied and got it. And the rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

You're wrong bro, the age is when you finished not when mobilized. If you graduated at 29, and travel for 10years, you will still come back and serve. You better acquaint yourself with the NYSC act.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by blowjohn(m): 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
On the day ur to move, hide urself at home until nysc is over.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by advanceDNA: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
chiefolododo:
you are only excempted if you graduate at 30+ , if you graduate before 30, you must serve , even if you are now 50years old

have you seen people above 30 years servinoimg NYSC?? please show me...

is that not why the case with adeosun the finance minister that resigned....she schooled abroad...when she came back to take the appointment...they betrayed her by falsifying NYSC document ...NYSC said she could have got an exemption instead..she even said it recently that she ddnt know those on her cabinet couldn't be trusted..that they deliberately sabotaged her and also revealed her NYSC was falsified ....
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by advanceDNA: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

You're wrong bro, the age is when you finished not when mobilized. If you graduated at 29, and travel for 10years, you will still come back and serve. You better acquaint yourself with the NYSC act.

go and read adeosun's case...the finance minister that resigned
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by IncredibleWrite: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
I don't know guys, but has any federal job or company asked you for nysc certificate when u apply and got a job, if u re a banker, does the bank demand for your nysc certificate or a company ?
NYSC discharge cert is compulsory for any legalized firm in Nigeria, much more government parastatals.

I once got an offer to work as an entry-level staff in a bank. Then I was asked for my Nysc cert which I didn't have.

That was before I later got to work in a Chinese company before eventually going for service.

Sure, nothing is impossible without connection. "But shall sin abound because of grace?"
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by majesticguy: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
Help!

Even if you have a life threatening illness, they wouldn't exempt you, speaking from experience. You can only be exempted if are above 30.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:

he said it seems life has been dictating his life but now e wants to take over the rudder and be the helmsman and captain of his ship and nt allowing the waves of life toss him around anymore this is the first decision he wants to take for himself

Lol all this indomie boys. It's so clear you or your friend just have to be street smart.

There are things you have to sit down and think and strategize.

Most people go for the 3weeks compulsory camp then report to their PPA for necessaries while they hire other people to continue the service for them.

Or have one of their colleague or staff cover for them at CD'S most times in exchange for half of their Allawee or full. While they move on with their life.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by ikezudon(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

That's not how it works. As long as you graduated before your clocked 30, you won't be exempted. You have to serve your fatherland. You see how Ukraine prevented the exit of male aged 16 and above so they can join the war, that's how the NYSC scheme works. You will only be exempted if you graduated after 30yrs of age.

But as an OG, you can still skip the service scheme but not completely. All you have to do is get called up for the program, and pay your way to relocation to a preferred state of your choice. At your choice state, you'd register, get clearance and will present yourself to your LI. You can liaise with your LI or how you intend to run the service. You can either part with a cut or all of your allowee.... However, you'd be required to report once every month for clearance... You go dey ask questions like say you no dey this country..... Mmmcthhhwww.... Since you want us to cast the format here, we go cast am..... Peace...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Amalekki: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
isaiah4life:
His shooting himself with a gun. If you know Nigeria well, getting an Nysc certificate is key. If you think it's nothing, ask Kemi. She will explain better.

Forget Exemption and get the certificate. Save yourself of premium tears in the future.
For every Kemi there are tens of thousands that did not serve. I am not against serving, I served with pride.

However, you are right that NYSC certificate is key but only if you eye political position/appointment and you decide to tender your university/polytechnic degree as part of your credentials. For most political positions, your high school certificate or equivalent is all that is required.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

go and read adeosun's case...the finance minister that resigned

Was that not a case of forgery? If she hadn't forged the NYSC exemption cert, she'll still be a finance minister till date.

I am only telling you the provisions of the act. There are only two grounds for exemption:

1. 30 years at the time of graduation, and

2. military service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by adebayo987: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
He was misinformed... He wouldn't have paid for NYSC clearance! He would have only paid for his university clearance and get his certificate. Now you can get your B.sc cert without NYSC and then later go for NYSC. If the job is very essential! Let him work it out by faking a doctor's report of an illness to stay within the state and possibly do his NYSC in the company he's working now.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Amalekki: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Was that not a case of forgery? If she hadn't forged the NYSC exemption cert, she'll still be a finance minister till date.

I am only telling you the provisions of the act. There are only two grounds for exemption:

1. 30 years at the time of graduation, and

2. military service.
Hmm and that's true. The issue was forgery and it's clear she didn't even know she was issued a forged certificate. She was eligible for authentic exemption.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by SmartyPants(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Slynation:

See how you contradicted yourself...grin someone that has a forge exemption cert doesn't have a certificate...!!

Read the post i quoted, read mine, get the point, that's all.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by rolams(m): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Heathrow44:
I don't know guys, but has any federal job or company asked you for nysc certificate when u apply and got a job, if u re a banker, does the bank demand for your nysc certificate or a company ?

They all required NYSC certificate.
Re: I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
Slynation:
And he chose to take this kinda decision...

See what he should do, this is Nigeria and everything is possible, from the looks of things, your friend is loaded...!!

24years old is still very young, he should go for his NYSC and worked his redeployment down to the place he currently works...

Or he should arrange with the officer in charge and act as a ghost worker while he only comes for clearance at the end of each month...!!

Whichever way, na e money dey talk...

That's it! Street OT.

Or he gets a Medical report stating he's unfit maybe Asthma or a Sickle Cell patient. But I think they will just exempt him from the Camp while he continues with the main service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme / Who Is Lying? NYSC Denies Telling Corpers To Prepare Ransom / Corper Franklin Onwubiko Donates Classroom Seats In Daura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.