Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' (911 Views)

Global Staying Power Of Yoruba Language and Culture- Reno Omokri / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past / Ongoing Debate About The Power Of Oba Of Benin As Regards The Dethronement Of Em (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' by marenx: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2022
The power of saying 'This is wonderful'

marenx the Writer
14/04/2022

When it comes to insult, most speakers know the power of words. Yet the same speakers may not know the power of words when it comes to appreciation.

If they know, perhaps they would have been appreciating people.

That's why I'm going to show you the power.

When my pal first entered my room, he didn't only satisfy his curiosity. He looked at me and then my study site--a computer system, three French, one German and one English dictionaries and two gift boxes on a white table and a wooden dining chair--and said: "This is wonderful."

Though he didn't say that to please me, I felt pleased. And I feel pleased whenever I remember it. I love to hear him say that again.

Everyone can remember how pleased he ever felt when someone appreciated him or his things. He can also remember the kind of energy he musters to continue doing his best to earn more appreciations.

Jeff Haden, a Speaker, Inc. Magazine contributing editor, author of THE MOTIVATION MYTH and ghostwriter, said:

"Not only will people appreciate your praise, they'll appreciate the fact you care enough to pay attention to what they do. And they will feel a little more accomplished -- and a lot more important."

You can say other pleasing words to your contacts like 'I love you', 'you look gorgeous', 'you're highly intelligent', etc. 'This is wonderful' is the best of all those praising words. You can also say 'This is incredible' or 'This is awesome' in place of 'This is wonderful.' But I prefer 'This is wonderful' as it's common and as your listeners will believe you're right.

You can change 'this' to 'it' to say 'It's wonderful' instead of 'This is wonderful.' You can replace 'it' or 'this' with the thing or item you're referring to, eg: 'Your cellphone is wonderful.'

And it's amazing to say it while nodding.

Some neighbours told a lady that everything about her is wonderful. Later, I heard her in her hostel room say:

"They're saying I'm beautiful. They're saying I'm kind. They're calling my name."

You don't need a soothsayer to tell you she was impressed.

Saying 'This is wonderful' may not be the only power to make you an interesting figure but starting with it is a good start.

Margaret Cousins, an Irish-Indian educationist, suffragist and Theosophist, who established All India Women's Conference in 1927, said:

“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary.”

Thanks for reading. Appreciate someone.

If you enjoy this post, read this one too: https://www.nairaland.com/7076963/maybe-why-post-banned
Re: The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' by marenx: 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
If you enjoy reading this post, read this one too: https:// www.nairaland.com/7079518/power- saying-wonderful.
Re: The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' by marenx: 6:12am On Apr 22, 2022
marenx:
If you enjoy reading this post, read this one too: https:// www.nairaland.com/7079518/power- saying-wonderful.
Re: The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' by marenx: 6:48am On May 03, 2022
Some neighbours told a lady that everything about her is wonderful. Later, I heard her in her hostel room say:
Re: The Power Of Saying 'this Is Wonderful' by marenx: 7:42pm On May 11, 2022
“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary.”

(1) (Reply)

Anti-americanism 'feels Like Racism' / Mental Colonialism / Best Thing About Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.