Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. (25106 Views)

The Duties And Functions Of The Chief Bridesmaid At A Nigerian Wedding. / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by MissionaryArchi(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2022
Abeg I say make I ask, can married folks do best man?
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Timagex(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2022
Peace1993:

Na Ikechukwu role in ‘Wedding Party’ movie by Banky and Adesuwa this one con download for us. Reduce watching movies and face reality

Fun fact. I have not seen the movie. cool aswearugaud! cheesy

But, if what you said is true, that means I'm on point. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Dagger111(m): 11:40am On Apr 16, 2022
flakkybakky:
Na so ur EXES plenty reach

Bakare how far?
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by aklion: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2022
I be introvert ooo. I thank you for this tips.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by abobote: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Na so one of my guy gave me oversized suit to do best man, for him after his supposed best disappointed him
I no enjoy de wedding at all
Uche na mad man you be
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Peace1993: 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Timagex:

Fun fact. I have not seen the movie. cool aswearugaud! cheesy

But, if what you said is true, that means I'm on point. smiley
Wow! You are truly on point bro

1 Like

Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by RICHOLAC(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
I just mirrored myself in this write-up, like we've met before 100% my personality while performing as a Best Man. I have done that twice, and the next one will be this month of May. God help me to settle down after this last one, cause e the heat is much.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by FaithBrain1994(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
A married young guy can't be best man?
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by stanisbaratheon: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Having performed the function of a best man before, I must commend your points.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by stanisbaratheon: 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
MissionaryArchi:
Abeg I say make I ask, can married folks do best man?

Yes na.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by stanisbaratheon: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Your 16th point depends though. cheesy

I mean, some chief bridesmaids can be timid.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
Don't make me remember that movie "Best Man"
lol grin grin
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Pimpstar: 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
abobote:
Na so one of my guy gave me oversized suit to do best man, for him after his supposed best disappointed him
I no enjoy de wedding at all
Uche na mad man you be

grin grin cheesy
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Dollarremix(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Timagex:

You are welcome boss....I wish you luck. cool

Further more, immediately you spot the ex, alert all the grooms men and call for backup! cool grin
ooo
Lolzzz.....Baba say call for backup
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Aaay: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ok
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by ofiko123(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Nigeria get as E be??
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Rashman578(m): 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
Timagex:
12. THE BEST MAN PROPOSES THE TOAST.
Go and learn how to propose a proper toast o! cheesy

13. THEY ALSO SIGN PART OF THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.
The best man serves as one of the legal witnesses by signing a section of the marriage certificate before it is being presented to the couple by the officiating minister. This should not be a problem. cool

14. THE BEST MAN MIGHT BE CALLED UPON TO GIVE A SPEECH AT THE RECEPTION.
This is known as the best man’s speech. The speech usually contains insights into the love life of couple before the wedding, how they met, his own role in settling disputes when they fought, etc and sometimes, the best man uses it an avenue for vote of thanks. The speech usually ends with a toast.

15. THE BEST MAN SOMETIMES CONDUCTS THE ORDER OF PHOTOGRAPHS.
Please, as the best man, try your best to ease the burden of the photographer as this critical moment. The photographer will be grateful.

16. THE BEST MAN GOES HOME WITH THE CHIEF BRIDES MAID AFTER THE WEDDING! wink grin grin grin cheesy cheesy No be me talk am o. cool But, anything can happen. You gerrit? wink

There is nothing really hard in being the best man. Just be confident and go with the flow. YOU WILL DO JUST FINE. I PROMISE. cool

HOWEVER, AS THE BEST MAN, PLEASE,
1. Do not come to the wedding and start forming frosh and start doing “igberaga”. sad If you know all you will be doing is press phone, please, don’t take the best man role. You were chosen to serve, not to be served.

2. If you will be rude to the vendors like telling the photographer that you are not sure he is a professional, or calling the caterer a compound fool because she didn’t serve your friends on time, don’t do it.

3. If you cannot ginger the groom and bring good vibes, don’t do it. Don’t come and be behaving like you were being forced. Be humble.

4. Don’t try to outshine the groom. We know say you fine. cool We know you can speak phonetically heavy english. grin We also know you can dance. cool Do all, but, don’t outdo the groom. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

5. Do not leave your post and start directing who should get rice or semo. sad Have some dignity.

That’s it for this week! cool cool

Past best men in the house should help us add to the tips in case we missed any.

Next week will be for the chief brides maid! Watch out! Thanks for your time! I remain Timagex. Your favourite wedding photographer. Bye for now...

cc FuckHomophobes go through this sir.

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 please, help us move this to the promise land to help future bestmen. cool

This is actually helpful, as a best man in the past I kinda forgot how to do it now that my real gee wedding is coming up this July... Felt I might let him down buh this has reboost me, thanks.
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Timagex(m): 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
Rashman578:

This is actually helpful, as a best man in the past I kinda forgot how to do it now that my real gee wedding is coming up this July... Felt I might let him down buh this has reboost me, thanks.
. You are welcome sir. cool

Please, in case your friend is yet to book a photographer, help us spread the good word o. cheesy
Re: The Duties And Functions Of The Best Man At A Nigerian Wedding. by Yorubaangel(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Thanks... Now I have a glimpse of what I'll be facing this weekend... An introvert though and dancing is not in my dictionary... But we go rock am sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajayi Adebayo, CEO Webbit, Wedding Photos / Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? / 5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.