Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary (44792 Views)

Real Reasons Tinubu Appointed New Service Chiefs, Others / Keyamo: The G5 And Peter Obi Are The Reasons Tinubu Will Win This Election / Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by lagosrd: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
subsidywise18:
I want APC and PDP out so this opinion does not matter.

But OP is very very right, either way.

Osibanjo cannot win because he is the classic Nigerian technocrat. Most technocrats in Nigeria, North or South, don't love going into politics properly...only a few (El Rufai, Fashola, Obi, etc ) go into big time politics. And the three I have mentioned all started out as houseboys to big men, and are now growing on their own...except Fashola who is keeping quiet.

At the end, classic Nigerian technocrats don't win. They are the kids who when they were in school, did very well in their academics, and got sent to the big city to graduate from university, and get a good job. Meanwhile, the dull kids stayed at home...and when the time came for their people to look for good leaders, that's when the people looked at the available ones...and it was the dull kids. (Rarely, intelligent kids touch base...eg Tinubu and Obi, but those are rare).

And the technocrats don't go home, don't touch base, don't show face. Then one day they find out that the dull kids are now their leaders and they start grumbling. But why should we grumble? The dull kids were sharp enough to realize that leadership is a result of being available..and when they were available, they got the job.

So, osibanjo is not going to win. It is sad, but that is the way of Nigerian politics. Only way technocrats can win is by riding on the cottails of a big Nigerian politican...which is how Yaradua and GEJ got there. Normal political route? Sorry .We don't 'know' you, Master technocrat.

Modified

True story...one Hausa gent from Kaduna was complaining about no job after graduating with a degree in Mathematics. Meanwhile his primary school mate that he left behind in primary 6, who stopped school then, was now a councillor. Why wasn't he a councillor? Simple...while he was in the big city getting his degrees, when his people looked for a leader, he was nowhere. Meanhwile, his primary 6 dropout mate was.....

Moral for Nigerian 'technocrats'.

Stop day dreaming. Choose one of the two parties . those you're yearning for have no base to win anything here and after now. Meanwhile, politics is a game of numbers and money. what you're yearning will not work where illiteracy and poverty have taken over. If the educated southern man wants a technocrats, how do you describe that to an alimajiri team in the north with over 7million votes in the north and ready to vote unlike our own social media voters and political halleluyah boys.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
jrusky:

Ok. Till then...
Bola Tinubu was the first person to openly declare for the top job, January 8th 2021, why will the master be in such haste?

He is aware that they are going to enthrone his prodigy (Osinbajo), Just like King Saul was wary of his prodigy King David, Jagaban is fighting his last battle for relevance.

What Jonathan did to Ibori & Co, is what Osinbajo is going to do to Tinubu, your time as King of The South, is over by default.

No empire last forever.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Emma1Oj(m): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
islandsscotch8:
Asiwaju baba Seyi , your direction is what you will follow. You will never stop supporting your leader
take note. Speak for yourself.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by jrusky(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Bola Tinubu was the first person to openly declare for the top job, January 8th 2021, why will the master be in such haste?

He is aware that they are going to enthrone his prodigy (Osinbajo), Just like King Saul was wary of his prodigy King David, Jagaban is fighting his last battle for relevance.

What Jonathan did to Ibori & Co, is what Osinbajo is going to do to Tinubu, your time as King of The South, is over by default.

No empire last forever.

Ok, hope so. Till then bro. One thing I'm sure of is Tinubu will not become the president but as per apc whatever he can do all he want but that Aso Rock no way.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Emir01: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
buckeyemedia:
If APC wants to lose power in 2023, then they can choose Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but the party is bigger than one person’s personal ambition, same way Jonathan made pdp lose in 2015, based on Selfish ambition.

The easiest way to victory for APC is Tinubu.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by countryman13: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Oluwatosin139:
Am very sorry don't be angry with me for posting this please am in need of help for the sake of God, i am going through a lots of sufferness with my kids since I lost my teaching job even before my husband died and it leads to a lot of hungers for us with no helpings hand, please even if it's with a jobs to try to help me out and by the grace of God you shall always be succeeding and be successful on everything's you lay your hands to do in this life, and both cure's and incurable diseases shall never know it ways and it directions to your lifetime, and you shall never loose all what you love and you so much cherish in your life amen please!

Please if it's for us to eat try to help us for the sake of God, and you shall never find yourself to be in an situation of begging for money to eat for all the rest of your lifetime amen, and please this my accnt, GT, b, ank, 06.84.78.48.40, Oluwatosin Muyiwa Olabisi,
Better go to ur church(if a xtian),mosque(if a muslim) n Shrine(if a traditionalist) because u can easily b identified in ur place of worship. scam don too much for naija. should u re neutral then, turn ur prayers to d Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
lagosrd:

Stop day dreaming. Choose one of the two parties . those you're yearning for have no base to win anything here and after now. Meanwhile, politics is a game of numbers and money. what you're yearning will not work where illiteracy and poverty have taken over. If the educated southern man wants a technocrats, how do you describe that to an alimajiri team in the north with over 7million votes in the north and ready to vote unlike our own social media voters and political halleluyah boys.

I am not voting for apc or pdp. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by integrity16(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Tinubu political structure is only active in Lagos.

For osibanjo coming out to declare even when he knows he has no political structure speaks volume, you cannot say Buhari is neutral, he must be the one backing him.

We saw how he prevailed on the various actors vying to be the party chairman to choose Adamu as the party chairman.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2022
kunleiky:

I was enjoying your analogy until you mentioned Obi as a technorat and again as a politician. Is that a mix up?

He was a banker for many years thus technocrat

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by chrisooblog: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hi good afternoon and Happy Good Friday and Ramadan Kareem my brother. You make solid points but I will bring counter arguments to the reasons you listed.

1. Tinubu has a formidable political structure especially in Lagos agreed but that structure is not as invincible outside Lagos. Yes his structure is very strong generally in the SW but not unbeatable. Fayemi, Akeredolu have shown they can match him in controlling the state structures of their states so it's not totally 100% in the bag but admittedly this is his strongest.

2. Osinbajo as well has also forged strong alliances over the years relating with various governors, senators and HOR members. Even opposition figures regard and respect him so he also has a good network of political friends who can help him match Tinubu.

3. The Neutrality of PMB especially in areas where he feels he has a stake is a myth. The way the chairmanship of the APC emerged is a strong pointer that what he says almost always surely goes. Rumors have it that Buhari is surreptitiously backing PYO which can't be outrightly dismissed. Plus as much as PMB respects and holds BAT in high esteem he doesn't fancy him to be president but hey I could be wrong.

4. Also read point 2. PYO has also worked and interacted with the senate and HOR caucus over the years, but in my opinion the APC governors apart from PMB will largely determine who gets the ticket.

5. This might be true but remember in the beginning OBJ, GEJ and late Yar Adua had no national structures going into their elections yet we all know what happened. For PYO to have confidently declared shows he has serious BIG backing.

6. Of all the points you have made I think this one is most unfair. Osinbajo has been nothing but a loyal, competent and dutiful VP to President Buhari. When PMB was ill Osinbajo acted well as an acting President. He didn't show any hint of personal ambition to unseat his principal infact history has so far shown that he's the only VP since the return of democracy who has been trusted to be acting president at least twice. PYO by wanting to contest for presidency is just natural common in democracies world over where the sitting VP is mostly given right of first refusal to run when his principal is on his last and final term. PYO is contesting against BAT in a fair open contest so I'm surprised where this betrayal talk is coming from. When BAT was 'selected' to run for governor ahead of the late Funsho Williams was that betrayal?When Ambode was kicked to the curb in favor of Sanwo-Olu was that betrayal? Please let's not bring unnecessary divisive talk into what should ordinarily be a fascinating contest of ideas and intellect.

For the record I'm not Tinubu's biggest fan but I respect him for his intelligence, political smarts and doggedness. If he gets the APC ticket I would vote him over every PDP candidate in a heartbeat but I just think at the stage we are as a country a PYO presidency will offer a soothing balm to all the bitterness, anger and strife across the land.

May Almighty God make the best man win.

PassingShot:
I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

1. Tinubu’s political structure and machineries
Even, his political foes will attest to the fact that BAT has built a well-oiled political structure that has not only survived the best of political warriors in OBJ and GEJ (with federal might), his structure has endured the worst of political earthquake and has remained very solid and functioning. In the primary contest for the presidential candidate which will be decided by delegates from APC across the 36 states, Tinubu structure will come in hand to deliver the goods.

2. BAT’s political alliance
This is somewhat related to the first point but not entirely the same. In the course of single-handedly building and strengthening his political base (ACN), Tinubu it was who took ACN into alliance with CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA and a faction of PDP. In fact, most political watchers agreed that the 2 most important figures in that successful alliance that produced APC are Buhari and Tinubu. The rest were only needed to make up the numbers and the spread. BAT has since that alliance built a working relationship with strong politicians in the north. The likes of Ganduje, Ribadu, Ado Dogawa, Ahmed Lawan, etc. are staunch Tinubu’s supporters who will deliver the delegates from that side of the country.

3. Neutrality of PMB
PMB remains a political juggernaut whose support and influence can, to some extent determine who wins the APC ticket. From what I have read and heard, it was this support that Osinbajo was looking for that delayed his declaration. Unfortunately for him, PMB did not assure him of anything, instead preferring to be neutral and asking all the contestants to work hard to win the ticket. While it is possible for PMB to have a preference for PYO (highly doubtful), Buhari has demonstrated many times that he handles situations like this with utmost maturity and fairness to all involved. If he has forgotten how BAT deployed his resources to make him defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in 2014 and to win the presidency in 2015 and 2019, he will surely be reminded by his close allies like Ganduje and the Senate President of this fact. And Buhari will choose to remain neutral. It is PYO who needs PMB so much and not the other way round.

4. Clear message of endorsement by the APC Senate and Rep Caucuses
Not many watchers of political development will have missed the enormous support Tinubu enjoys from the APC senators and representatives. They are not hiding it and they have been saying it loud and clear even to the hearing of PYO. You only need to watch the Senate session when BAT paid the APC caucus a visit to intimate them of his ambition. You can also listen to Ado Doguwa’s recent interview on the same subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqe6AQllcPA and here https://www.nairaland.com/7079123/doguwa-speaks-bola-tinubus-aspiration. I also read that of the seventy-something invited by PYO for Iftar, only 24 or so honored the invitation with majority of them spotting facemask with BAT logo. These speak volume about their position. They are the people that matter in this election and they are not politicians you can intimidate to change their mind. They believe in BAT and they are ready to reward his past support for them too.

5. Osinbajo has no political structure
After seven years of being the VP of Nigeria, it is a fact that PYO has no political base or structure of note with which he can be guaranteed of delegates votes. This is someone who lost his polling booth in the last general election. Irrespective of whatever sentiment anyone in the party top hierarchy may want to have for a PYO candidacy, they will realize what a dangerous option his candidacy represents for their party and they will bury the thought without wasting time.

6. Perception of PYO as someone who cannot be trusted
Like it or not, Osinbajo’s declaration has portrayed him as someone who cannot be relied upon. In politics, the currency is loyalty and anyone who is perceived as not loyal is usually avoided by those who matter. Even among those currently propping the professor on, there are those who will be murmuring within their heart that the VP cannot be trusted not to betray them at some point, especially if he becomes president and thus untouchable. I will personally be weary of such character too. Yes, he has the constitutional right to contest but he has thrown morality to the dustbin by standing up to challenge his one-time political mentor. I read a piece about how Tiinubu reluctantly agreed for Osinbajo to be the running mate to PMB out of the three names suggested to him. The fact that BAT’s choice was still going to be picked and that he eventually agreed to PYO being named as the running mate is enough for our erstwhile star boy to abandon his ambition for BAT’s.

Anyway, let’s see how far the support of sycophants and traducers of Tinubu can carry him in his quest to wrestle APC’s ticket from Jagaban.

Passingshot (O.S. Olayiwola)
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Yadid(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
obaaderemi:
Come on, Comrade! All smart people have a plan B.

Of course! It is the invincibility being attributed to him that I was trying to demystify.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Osanoghodua1: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2022
Jagaban will be shocked.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
lagosrd:

Quoting you again to tell you why I have never supported PDP or APC since 2003 when I cast my first vote.

Both parties basically have no idea of how Nigeria should be led. We are a country that relies on one source of income, and we need to change that fast.

But every year, both parties parrot the same old lines. We will dash Nigerians money, we would build this project or that project. Meanwhile we are getting into debt to the tune of trillions, worsened by our trying to do a million things with one source of income. We keep on paying for subsides on everything, and we keep on doing the same thing over and over again...because we are poor and we don't want to suffer.

People like you don't want change. You will complain about bad government, and then on election day tell me to vote for the same people who bring bad government.?

No wonder Nigeria never changes.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Gozac: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu oh, Osinbajo oh, anyone who emerges as the flagbearer will get 100% support from Nigerians. cheesy

What Nigerians don't want to see on the ballot is Emeka.  angry
Tinubu is just spending a tiny fraction of what he made from Lagos. He will soon wear out by the time the real politicking kicks, he is a rookie when it comes to contesting presidential elections. Experienced ones like Uzor Kalu and Rochas are just watching. Anyway the battle is btw CRA and others and not BAT. CRA is most experienced and qualified among APC contestants.He will most likely emerge.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Ttalk: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

Reality will soon stare U at the face. The funny thing is, even Osinbajo and Buhari will be banking on Tinubu's structure if they win the primaries. Lolz. The reality is that, there's no more father Christmas and Jagaban's allies do not have another time to pay him back but NOW. U guys said the same in 2015 even when the grassroots was in Buhari's favour, U kept deceiving yourselves. The National Assembly caucus and most swing states are for Asiwaju. No wonder Lawan told Osinbajo - "we wish u Goodluck ".. Just watch!
I don't know how old you are in politics but Tinubu structure ends if he didn't emerge in primary as far as SW is concerned. If Osinbajo emerges, he automatically becomes SW candidate.
Osinbajo doesn't need Tinubu strucure to win in general election

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Zeezenho: 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
Tinubu and osibanjo are one.dont be deceived.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by DrGeoAngel: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
Sannisege:
So PMB has the structure of the party and he had to lobby hard for consensus for his candidate to emerge chairman. Keep on deceiving yourself. Moreover you are only assuming that Osinbajo is Buhari's candidate and as they say, assumption is the mother of all fvck ups.

Your last sentence... Dr Aswgbeloyin UNN Chemistry Department... Great lion
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by SeyeMan(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
trutharena:
Below is my own reason why.

No single Nigerian dead or living has been so fortunate to have a political cum economic rein like Tinubu in Nigeria's History, not even Awolowo. Awolowo politico-economic leadership lasted from 1951 to 1971(20 years) before his resignation. In these 20 years, 2 feats characterized Awo's leadership namely Human Capital Development and Infrastructural Capital Development. Awolowo churned out Professors, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Accountants, Diplomats, Technicians, Artisans etc. He also developed state of the art infrastructure that were of the best standards anywhere in the world during that era. The 1st TV station in Africa. The tallest building in Africa then, the Cocoa House, Liberty Stadium, good healthcare infrastructure, good roads, some of the best schools in the world etc. Can the same legacy be attributed to Tinubu in his 23 years and counting of ruling Lagos? What are the states of health, education, transportation infrastructure in Lagos in the last 23 years? All I see are homes perennially ravaged by floods every raining season even in the most high end areas of the state. Lack of 21st century standard roads, dilapidated road.

All that is undeniably visible is the proliferation of touts/agberos despite being the richest black man city to have ever existed.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by SeyeMan(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:
I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

1. Tinubu’s political structure and machineries
Even, his political foes will attest to the fact that BAT has built a well-oiled political structure that has not only survived the best of political warriors in OBJ and GEJ (with federal might), his structure has endured the worst of political earthquake and has remained very solid and functioning. In the primary contest for the presidential candidate which will be decided by delegates from APC across the 36 states, Tinubu structure will come in hand to deliver the goods.

2. BAT’s political alliance
This is somewhat related to the first point but not entirely the same. In the course of single-handedly building and strengthening his political base (ACN), Tinubu it was who took ACN into alliance with CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA and a faction of PDP. In fact, most political watchers agreed that the 2 most important figures in that successful alliance that produced APC are Buhari and Tinubu. The rest were only needed to make up the numbers and the spread. BAT has since that alliance built a working relationship with strong politicians in the north. The likes of Ganduje, Ribadu, Ado Dogawa, Ahmed Lawan, etc. are staunch Tinubu’s supporters who will deliver the delegates from that side of the country.

3. Neutrality of PMB
PMB remains a political juggernaut whose support and influence can, to some extent determine who wins the APC ticket. From what I have read and heard, it was this support that Osinbajo was looking for that delayed his declaration. Unfortunately for him, PMB did not assure him of anything, instead preferring to be neutral and asking all the contestants to work hard to win the ticket. While it is possible for PMB to have a preference for PYO (highly doubtful), Buhari has demonstrated many times that he handles situations like this with utmost maturity and fairness to all involved. If he has forgotten how BAT deployed his resources to make him defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in 2014 and to win the presidency in 2015 and 2019, he will surely be reminded by his close allies like Ganduje and the Senate President of this fact. And Buhari will choose to remain neutral. It is PYO who needs PMB so much and not the other way round.

4. Clear message of endorsement by the APC Senate and Rep Caucuses
Not many watchers of political development will have missed the enormous support Tinubu enjoys from the APC senators and representatives. They are not hiding it and they have been saying it loud and clear even to the hearing of PYO. You only need to watch the Senate session when BAT paid the APC caucus a visit to intimate them of his ambition. You can also listen to Ado Doguwa’s recent interview on the same subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqe6AQllcPA and here https://www.nairaland.com/7079123/doguwa-speaks-bola-tinubus-aspiration. I also read that of the seventy-something invited by PYO for Iftar, only 24 or so honored the invitation with majority of them spotting facemask with BAT logo. These speak volume about their position. They are the people that matter in this election and they are not politicians you can intimidate to change their mind. They believe in BAT and they are ready to reward his past support for them too.

5. Osinbajo has no political structure
After seven years of being the VP of Nigeria, it is a fact that PYO has no political base or structure of note with which he can be guaranteed of delegates votes. This is someone who lost his polling booth in the last general election. Irrespective of whatever sentiment anyone in the party top hierarchy may want to have for a PYO candidacy, they will realize what a dangerous option his candidacy represents for their party and they will bury the thought without wasting time.

6. Perception of PYO as someone who cannot be trusted
Like it or not, Osinbajo’s declaration has portrayed him as someone who cannot be relied upon. In politics, the currency is loyalty and anyone who is perceived as not loyal is usually avoided by those who matter. Even among those currently propping the professor on, there are those who will be murmuring within their heart that the VP cannot be trusted not to betray them at some point, especially if he becomes president and thus untouchable. I will personally be weary of such character too. Yes, he has the constitutional right to contest but he has thrown morality to the dustbin by standing up to challenge his one-time political mentor. I read a piece about how Tiinubu reluctantly agreed for Osinbajo to be the running mate to PMB out of the three names suggested to him. The fact that BAT’s choice was still going to be picked and that he eventually agreed to PYO being named as the running mate is enough for our erstwhile star boy to abandon his ambition for BAT’s.

Anyway, let’s see how far the support of sycophants and traducers of Tinubu can carry him in his quest to wrestle APC’s ticket from Jagaban.

Passingshot (O.S. Olayiwola)

No single Nigerian dead or living has been so fortunate to have a political cum economic rein like Tinubu in Nigeria's History, not even Awolowo. Awolowo politico-economic leadership lasted from 1951 to 1971(20 years) before his resignation. In these 20 years, 2 feats characterized Awo's leadership namely Human Capital Development and Infrastructural Capital Development. Awolowo churned out Professors, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Accountants, Diplomats, Technicians, Artisans etc. He also developed state of the art infrastructure that were of the best standards anywhere in the world during that era. The 1st TV station in Africa. The tallest building in Africa then, the Cocoa House, Liberty Stadium, good healthcare infrastructure, good roads, some of the best schools in the world etc. Can the same legacy be attributed to Tinubu in his 23 years and counting of ruling Lagos? What are the states of health, education, transportation infrastructure in Lagos in the last 23 years? All I see are homes perennially ravaged by floods every raining season even in the most high end areas of the state. Lack of 21st century standard roads, dilapidated road. All I see is proliferation of touts/agberos despite being the richest black man city to have ever existed.

In all that you have said, you have never canvassed for the betterment of the lot of the nation as a whole. All you have written is about the political structure that is fueling the lifetime ambition of one man.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by SeyeMan(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
trutharena:
21 Under the coalition of for the Restoration of Education Empowerment and Development (CREED), cheques worth N185 million were distributed to 263 Schools for maintenance of structures, 103 Senior Secondary Schools, 115 Junior Secondary Schools, 5 Technical Schools and 40 Primary Schools;

22 Between 1999-2007, Tinubu overhauled and sustained the payment of bursary awards to Lagos State Students in higher institutions including Law School;

23 Tinubu initiated the development of Computer education and provision of equipment to special schools;

24 Tinubu approved the construction of staff quarters and provision of motorized boats for primary school’s teachers in rural/riverine areas;

25 Tinubu Introduced free mid-day meals for primary schools (from June 2001);

26 Tinubu approved the upgrading of schools to Model College and return of Board of Governor);

27 Tinubu’s administration spent N14.37 million on the rehabilitation of toilets, quarters, hostels, administrative blocks, classrooms, workshops, prototype building of TESCOM and LED offices in some schools;

28 Tinubu’s administration , via Ministry of Education Re-focused and re-shaped the policy and curriculums of Lagos State Education System;

29 In conjunction with Unilever/Nestle/Cadbury, Tinubu’s administration, approved the provision of free nutritious milk to primary school pupils;

30 Tinubu articulated and Initiated free education program for the over 1.5 million children 900 primary and 597 secondary schools;

31 Well over N100 million was expended from 2004-2006 on Unified Internal Education introduced by Tinubu’s administration to improve the quality of teaching and learning in the state’s secondary schools;

32 The sum of N135 million was disbursed as annual subvention to five special schools for the handicapped Modupe Cole Children Care and Home, Atunda–Olu School for the physically handicapped, Wesley School 1 & 11 for the deaf and National orthopedic Special Schools);

33 The ministry of education provided furniture for students and teachers of four newly established public secondary schools at a cost of N29.8 million;

34 Sixteen (16) schools were provided with wall fence to ensure safety of students at a cost of N11.4 million;

35 N1 billion was expanded on the massive rehabilitation/reconstruction of over 60 public primary and secondary schools across the state (250 new classrooms already completed out of the 750 envisaged);

36 Tinubu’s administration ensured regular payment of teachers salary as opposed what was formerly obtainable;

37 Between May and December 1999, Ten Thousand (10,000) dual desks and benches were supplied to 100 schools in 20 Local Education Districts (LED) at a cost of N30 million;

38 Tinubu’s administration contracted and engaged the services of Adebowale Furniture Company and Harmon Household Furniture at a cost of N25.2 million for the supply of additional 10,000 dual desks and benches;

39 Forty –One (41) secondary school buildings at the twenty (20) Local Government Areas were rehabilitated at a cost of N50.2 million in 2000;

40 For meaningful development to take place in the schools, Tinubu’s administration gave marching order to Ministry of Education to pick one hundred Secondary Schools, but to start with at least five schools per LED for total rehabilitation of existing structures and provision of education facilities in fiscal year 2000;

41 A total sum of 1. 5 million was expended for the Installation of JSS introductory technology facilities/equipment in 3 secondary schools namely: Ivory Grammar School, Ibeshe – Amuwo/Odofin LED, Sari-Iganmu Secondary School, Apapa – Apapa LED, keke High School, Ifako-Ijaiye LED)

42 A total sum of N750, 000 was expended on the supply of Ten (10) intro-technology workshop benches in five secondary schools, namely: Ivory Grammar School, Ibeshe – Amuwo/Odofin LED, Sari-Iganmu Secondary School, Apapa – Apapa LED, keke High School, Ifako-Ijaiye LED; Civil Service Model College, igbogbo – Ikorodu LED)

43 Ten Metal bench vices at a total cost of N400,000 were supplied to the following schools: African Church College, Ifako – Ifako/Ijaiye LED, Civil Service Model College, Igbogbo – Ikorodu LED;

44 A sum of N3, 822, 748 was spent on the conversion of intro-tech workshop at Ivory Grammar School, Ibeshe;

45 Seventeen (17) schools were provided with wall fences in the state in 1999. The total length was five thousand, two hundred and thirty-one metres (5231 metres) at a cost of N22,156 million;

46 Twenty –five (25) secondary schools within 20 LEDs were supplied with science equipment (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) at a cost of N19.95 million;

47 Pioneered the up-grading of schools (Oriwu College, Ikorodu-Ikorodu LED, Agbowa/Ikosi Methodist High School, Agbowa – Epe LED, Iworo/Ajido High School, Ebute-Olofin – Badagry LED, Methodist Boys High School, V/Island – Lagos Island LED, Vetland Grammar School, Agege – Agege LED) to models college status;

48 In 2000, Tinubu’s administration approved the setting up of technical committee by the Ministry of Education to renegotiate with the contractors formerly handling abandoned school projects;

49 In 2000, Tinubu approved the re-award and completion of 10 JSS workshops at a cost of N14.3 million;

50 Bola Tinubu gave a marching order to the State Tenders Board to reappraise the submission of technical committee for the re-award of 25 prototype classroom blocks at a cost of N111 million at Ibeju-Lekki, Epe LED;

51 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to Atanda-Olu School for the physically handicapped, Surulere, at a cost N321,000;

52 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to Modupe Cole for Mentally slow School, Akoka, at a cost of N161,000;

53 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to National Orthopedic Special School, Igbobi, at a cost of N199, 500;

54 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to Wesley School 1 for the Deaf, Surulere, at a cost of N504, 000;

55 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to Wesley School 11 for the Deaf, Surulere, at a cost of N377, 000;

56 Through the Ministry of Education, Tinubu ordered the supply of special equipment to Deaf Unit of State Grammar School, Eric Moore, Surulere at a cost of N1,819, 000;

57 Tinubu’s administration approved the provision and installation of teaching aids worth of N2 million for both primary and secondary schools, tagged 3 new priority machines ( Maxima Paper Cutting Machine; 211 offset printing machine; and Platen Latter Press/Numbering Machine)

58 Bola Ahmed Tinubu, at the inception of his administration in May 1999, was determined to strengthen the existing Five Technical College in the state to a standard form. Asiwaju demonstrated this by releasing the sum of N16.16 million for the installation of heavy technical equipment that were purchased since 1991 at the Government Technical Colleges Ikotun and Ado-Sabo respectively;

59 A sum of N85 million was approved and released, by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s administration, for the Lagos State University (LASU) for its 3 campuses for the provision of infrastructural facilities at the campuses;

60 A sum of N158, 916,521.11 million was approved and released, by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s administration, for the Lagos State University (LASU) for the completion of its on-going projects in 2000-2002

No single Nigerian dead or living has been so fortunate to have a political cum economic rein like Tinubu in Nigeria's History, not even Awolowo. Awolowo politico-economic leadership lasted from 1951 to 1971(20 years) before his resignation. In these 20 years, 2 feats characterized Awo's leadership namely Human Capital Development and Infrastructural Capital Development. Awolowo churned out Professors, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Accountants, Diplomats, Technicians, Artisans etc. He also developed state of the art infrastructure that were of the best standards anywhere in the world during that era. The 1st TV station in Africa. The tallest building in Africa then, the Cocoa House, Liberty Stadium, good healthcare infrastructure, good roads, some of the best schools in the world etc. Can the same legacy be attributed to Tinubu in his 23 years and counting of ruling Lagos? What are the states of health, education, transportation infrastructure in Lagos in the last 23 years? All I see are homes perennially ravaged by floods every raining season even in the most high end areas of the state. Lack of 21st century standard roads, dilapidated road.

All that is undeniably visible is the proliferation of touts/agberos despite being the richest black man city to have ever existed.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Emilokoiyawon: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2022
Oluwatosin139:
Am very sorry don't be angry with me for posting this please am in need of help for the sake of God, i am going through a lots of sufferness with my kids since I lost my teaching job even before my husband died and it leads to a lot of hungers for us with no helpings hand, please even if it's with a jobs to try to help me out and by the grace of God you shall always be succeeding and be successful on everything's you lay your hands to do in this life, and both cure's and incurable diseases shall never know it ways and it directions to your lifetime, and you shall never loose all what you love and you so much cherish in your life amen please!

Please if it's for us to eat try to help us for the sake of God, and you shall never find yourself to be in an situation of begging for money to eat for all the rest of your lifetime amen, and please this my accnt, GT, b, ank, 06.84.78.48.40, Oluwatosin Muyiwa Olabisi,
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by adeade83: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2022
Haba!

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Friend22(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
chiedu7:
The North will never permit Tinubu become president
he will become uncontrollable .

The north needs a weak man they can control like Osinbajo

All I know is that Power MUST come South

You know nothing!
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Friend22(m): 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It's clear that many of BATs zombies can't even read political writings but just move based on vibes ...Okay let me tell you something , NON of them will get the APC ticket , the APC convention will be a gathering to ratify Buharis consensus Candidate and they shall abide

SMH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mustapha Abacha Graduates From Maryam Abacha American University (Photos) / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Magun: Ondo Politician, Honourable Olanrewaju Dies In Hotel After Sex Romp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.