Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo (26761 Views)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / Soldier Dies After Allegedly Falling Off Army Van On His Way To Kaduna (Photos) / Man Dies In Fatal Accident In Anambra (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
Soakaway covered with grass and the article is showing that o concrete slab
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Upton: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
Health centre? God abeg o
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by dfrost: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
Oredo? Jeez man!!! angry shocked cry
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by IME1: 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
One of the things my father never played with was our walking over soakaways. cry
Some are inevitable even in my own house.
Rest in peace to the man.
Fortitude to his family and friends.
In civilised climes, the government will pay heavily to the family.
It reminds me of the man who also died while they were fixing the lifts at the High Court in Benin,
I hope his family too was heavily compensated?
It's only in Nigeria where there's danger ahead and relevant people don't put signs, reflectors and barricades.
A big shame.
A man left home for free medics and got death.
What a wasted effort for a well meaning citizen.
He didn't choose the state or country.
It can happen elsewhere I agree but not this callously.
Evacuated him after 4 hours ogini?
Make I go another thread jor.
Nigeria matter eh walahi...

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
Four hours later.... what a horrible way to die embarassed
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Cutehector(m): 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
I seldom step on soakaway pits these days.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by emechijohn(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
His death was avoidable if the government and its citizens had done rightly.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
immortalcrown:
How did he fall into the pit through the hole shown in this picture?

Or, did he purposely commit suicide?

Anyways, R. I. P. to him.
Did you not read the write-up properly?. There was no warning that there was a dangerous open soak-away pit. It was even covered with grass meaning it had been there for a long time and the owners knew about it.
That picture there could have been placed there by the OP to match the news. Or better still, after the man was brought out dead, the owners knowing the implications, rushed to cover the pit so they can twist the story to their own advantage.

RIP to the deceased. What a horrible way to die.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by abobote: 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
Very unfortunate death.
He must have passed through hell with shit smells
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Adamsynox(m): 9:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
pretydiva:
This death was avoidable. The family of the deceased should sue the Local govt for lack of negligence
Lack of negligence?
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by dedghoul: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
What a shitty way to die.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by bluefilm: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
What a shitty way to die.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by adriano50: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
You mean dat fellow ate alot of poo poo

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Drone95(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dreal1247:
As a country, we are very very careless in the area of safety. I only pray that there should be no disaster in this country because we can hardly manage the situation. God will help us
very very careless, zero disaster management plan, see as covid pepper us like say na here e take start
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by bizzibodi(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
How can a grown man fall via that crack?oh i forgot Edo na land of witches and wizards.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by izubext007: 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Me be he wanted to chop shit

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by immortalcrown(m): 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maryjane001:
Did you not read the write-up properly?. There was no warning that there was a dangerous open soak-away pit. It was even covered with grass meaning it had been there for a long time and the owners knew about it.
That picture there could have been placed there by the OP to match the news. Or better still, after the man was brought out dead, the owners knowing the implications, rushed to cover the pit so they can twist the story to their own advantage. RIP to the deceased. What a horrible way to die.
I wonder how people like you reason. Can't you see the opening is neither diagonal nor vertical towards the pit? To enter the pit through the door is like walking through a door to enter a room.
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Babisha10(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2022
999 ways to die in this corn tree, rip Man
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
immortalcrown:
I wonder how people like you reason. Can't you see the opening is neither diagonal nor vertical towards the pit? To enter the pit through the door is like walking through a door to enter a room.
Read the article again!
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by immortalcrown(m): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Maryjane001:
Read the article again!
I read it and commented based on the picture attached. Will words in the article change the look of the hole? In my comment, I said "the hole in this picture".
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by EmekaBlue(m): 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
Damn a shit death
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Mbaku(m): 3:12am On Apr 17, 2022
pretydiva:
This death was avoidable. The family of the deceased should sue the Local govt for lack of negligence
I think you mean negligence and not lack of negligence babe wink
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by drololaaof: 4:48am On Apr 17, 2022
doctorexcel:
And this happen at a primary health centre. The head of that health centre needs to be sanctioned. Also its high time citizens take possession and responsibility for the maintenance of social facilities within their environment
The problem is not the head of the center but with the contractor and the supervising agent for doing a shoddy job . But that hole is too small to let a man in
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by luluosas(m): 7:47am On Apr 17, 2022
Oh my God! My condolences to the bereaved family.
A similar incident almost took my life in 1998 while in BTC. We went to our Vice Principal's house within Benin Technical College, Ugbowo. So, there were pineapples plants around the house with some cassava in what can be termed a garden.
So we decided to look for ripe pineapples to pluck. Unknown to all of us, there was a dilapidated soakaway in the garden, which was covered with asbestos zinc, and then grasses on top.
OH my goodness! As soon as I stepped on it, all I heard was a shattered asbestos zinc and I was headed straight to the pit.
My saving grace was my shoulders. My shoulders held me from falling in the pit, as I hung there.
I then called on my fellow students who were by house and they came and lifted me up from the soakaway. That was how God saved me that day.
So, looking back to that incident that day, and reading about the death of this young man in a similar situation, I always give God thanks because He was really there for me.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by virginchaser(m): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2022
Health center without safety inspector? Someone needs to sue the management. Where are human rights fighters? Abi na only rape and girl child una dey fight for?
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by snipernigga(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2022
Nobody should mention Nigeria in this matter, they said Edo State. The ovia witches and wizards have called and he answered
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Lawalemi(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Thats what's up mah niggarr....

The system is bleeped up....

How can someone that actually came with no ailment meet his Demise in a health center undecided undecided undecided

They waited four hours before bringing in an excavator undecided undecided undecided

Nigeria jagajaga
This country ehn. sad
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by ohmalagos: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
MY goodness.
This is sad
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Aaay: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo by Fucktensei: 7:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
Aaay:
Elshaddai

?אֵל שַׁדַּי

You're not Jewish per se undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit / Man Survives After His Car Was Crushed By A Heavy Duty Vehicle (photos) / Son Of AbdurRasheed Adetokunbo Adenowo Dies In Accident At Lagos-badagry Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.