Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather (626 Views)

I Slept With My Stepfather To Take Revenge On My Mother, (you Do Me I Do You) / Please Help! She Can't Bear The Pain / My Stepfather Is Sleeping With Me And My Mother Is Not Concerned! Pls Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by Techsavvy1: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2022
I was a single mom before I meet my husband...I left my first relationship with two boys kids due to domestic violence,..I left immediately I gave birth to the second one that's 8 years ago.....their father insist I come back or I take care of the kids alone ..I refused because its not the 10th times I left and went back but he's not ready to change even his own families have advice I moved on and....

Full story on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Global_Info12/status/1515281034333589508?t=gWQOyavuP7vobXWs7JtmLA&s=19
Re: My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by Sormeh: 1:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
I don't think it is morally right to so. Their biological father will oppose it vehemently. However, the possibilities could be explored legally.
Re: My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by Dandal: 5:33am On Apr 17, 2022
And if in the future, you are no longer married to their step father nko? would you change their Surname again?

According to religion of Islam and also in most African cultures, children(adopted or not) should be surnamed after their dead or alive biological father.

They are still children now, but may see things differently when they've become adult, so you need to be very careful of a potential blowback in the future. It'll be prudent to let them make that decision themselves when they reach adulthood, until then, its only proper they bare their biological father's surname.

To be fair though, changing their surname is not a decision you should make on their behalf, as they are still kids. Let it be their decision to make when they've become adult. But If you must change their surname, it did be better they use their mother's family name as surname, instead of their step father's. Step fathers come and go too...No matter what you've been thru with their father or how bad he is, they are still his blood, and blood would always be thicker than water.

1 Like

Re: My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 17, 2022
Don't allow them to change their surname, No matter how useless or irresponsible their father is, he is still their father, their flesh and blood!

So ignore or tell them plain No when they request for change of surname next time. You are their mother, so you decide for them

Except you are also cool with them bearing their stepfather's surname tho undecided

1 Like

Re: My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by Orgasmgiver123(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: My Children Wants To Bear The Surname Of Their Stepfather by drnoel: 8:03am On Apr 17, 2022
Dandal:
And if in the future, you are no longer married to their step father nko? would you change their Surname again?

According to religion of Islam and also in most African cultures, children(adopted or not) should be surnamed after their dead or alive biological father.

They are still children now, but may see things differently when they've become adult, so you need to be very careful of a potential blowback in the future. It'll be prudent to let them make that decision themselves when they reach adulthood, until then, its only proper they bare their biological father's surname.

To be fair though, changing their surname is not a decision you should make on their behalf, as they are still kids. Let it be their decision to make when they've become adult. But If you must change their surname, it did be better they use their mother's family name as surname, instead of their step father's. Step fathers come and go too...No matter what you've been thru with their father or how bad he is, they are still his blood, and blood would always be thicker than water.

It's a none issue. If the step father legally adopts the children then they are his and should bare his surname. Too bad for the biological father

(1) (Reply)

Please Nairalander What Motivates Homosexuality? / . / Reason's Why Ikwerre Is Correct Than Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.