Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. (14163 Views)

Quitting A Job Within A Month: Share Your Experience / Thinking Of Quitting My 40k Teaching Job For A Delivery Rider Buisness / I Feel Like Quitting My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Lapilolo: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2022
I'm sorry about your current situation but I feel you could have done things differently.
You could have report the Manager's doings
to the head office you came from.
You don't test the deepness of a River with
your two legs at the same time(proverb)

I had almost similar personal experience last year 2021, working in a One-Man organization can be very tough and challenging most especially if the owner no get human feelings and respect for workers. Las las I was relieved of the Job after Six months, on a very controversial ground but, in all I thank God for everything the lessons, the good and bad... This episode of my life long, No time to capp everything. Op be strong, keep talking to people.

Mivici:
Here is my story and the latest happening in my life, probably some may learn from it after getting this information because information is a vital tool. I once work as a sale rep in a big collection store within the federal capital, earning 40k monthly and some little cash for t.p every day depending on how the market of the day goes, something now lead to another, i got transfered from that particular branch to another. The manager in the new branch was a very stingy and selfish person that care only about her self, any time that a customer show us love with cash, she don't remit at all, She always claim the money was transfer to the company's account so she can't do anything about it.
one night, the two of us were on our way home because she usually drop me off at berger juntion before we embark on our separate ways... I let her know the formal branch i work in Ademola adetukumbo, sometime we were been shown love to enable us beat down transport by the manager which even the GM is aware. She told me that i should calm down that business in her own branch is different from the other one, when i know we make more money in the new branch, she always take my commission which the Gm promise each branch managers to remit to each surbodinate and add to hers.
I got paid that month then i tender my resignation letter to the headquater, i resign because if i should check and balance the 40k i was been paid will not cover my transport and feeding, light bill, and other house things, before i was posted to the new branch, at my other branch transport money was there sometimes but the new branch nothing at all i just have to depend on my salary alone.

Why i typed this now, i have been home now for the pass two month without a job because i saw a post on nairaland, on how a guy left his average job in Lagos and went back to the village because he couldn't cope with his little wage in town, later got a good one in the village..... I just realize that what work for A might not work for B despite they said no gut no glory
Now, am jobless and i cant go back there and don't want to go back there, what a life.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by dododawa1: 1:25am On Apr 17, 2022
Work work work
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by hope4nigeria(m): 1:29am On Apr 17, 2022
Mivici:
Here is my story and the latest happening in my life, probably some may learn from it after getting this information because information is a vital tool. I once work as a sale rep in a big collection store within the federal capital, earning 40k monthly and some little cash for t.p every day depending on how the market of the day goes, something now lead to another, i got transfered from that particular branch to another. The manager in the new branch was a very stingy and selfish person that care only about her self, any time that a customer show us love with cash, she don't remit at all, She always claim the money was transfer to the company's account so she can't do anything about it.
one night, the two of us were on our way home because she usually drop me off at berger juntion before we embark on our separate ways... I let her know the formal branch i work in Ademola adetukumbo, sometime we were been shown love to enable us beat down transport by the manager which even the GM is aware. She told me that i should calm down that business in her own branch is different from the other one, when i know we make more money in the new branch, she always take my commission which the Gm promise each branch managers to remit to each surbodinate and add to hers.
I got paid that month then i tender my resignation letter to the headquater, i resign because if i should check and balance the 40k i was been paid will not cover my transport and feeding, light bill, and other house things, before i was posted to the new branch, at my other branch transport money was there sometimes but the new branch nothing at all i just have to depend on my salary alone.

Why i typed this now, i have been home now for the pass two month without a job because i saw a post on nairaland, on how a guy left his average job in Lagos and went back to the village because he couldn't cope with his little wage in town, later got a good one in the village..... I just realize that what work for A might not work for B despite they said no gut no glory
Now, am jobless and i cant go back there and don't want to go back there, what a life.
don't think like that, keep hope alive and continue searching for another job, your destiny may not be tied to a place where you are getting peanut, you may be suprise you will leter get job of #100k with good treatment

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by WhizdomXX(m): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2022
Heavensent01:
yes despite it was a chicken change then, I lost 2m to online business then I've to start all over again helping one woman to distribute her goods, there is nothing she no turn me finished so with frustration I've to quit but made the mistake of not getting alternative before the move I stayed at home for 3months thank God I'm not the type that relegate my wife, she was doing the up and down for that three months even though I dey support with some little tips

never should anyone quit job without getting alternative even if the alternative is lower than the current one, at least hold something before relieving yourself from another
You lost 2m to online business. How did you get back on your feet Sir? Asking sincerely.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by IslamIncest: 2:07am On Apr 17, 2022
Yes.. My only job then was to keep fvcking the girl who was 5 years older.

but my niggas kept making jest of me.. so I cut the whole thing off.

later when conji start, I began to regret. grin

I started looking for another sex starved girl to start a new job.

She was a h0rny Slvt though. she could do anything for the gbola.

That is the Only Job I lost which I regretted... but I am long over that. cool
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by dalass(f): 3:44am On Apr 17, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
Yes, I regretted being a christian.

But now I am free... no more jesus

Whatever happened to your faith? Don't give up Christ. Reconsider your stand because Easter is all about reconciliation with our Maker.

Bless up

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Newbielearner(m): 4:41am On Apr 17, 2022
Plshelpmybrothe:

Can you be of help with that Fb ads management

I can, if you recognize and reward value.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by greatefa1011(m): 4:41am On Apr 17, 2022
I did ooo but thank God my wife was already into something and that's what helped me a little. The mgt of one bank in yenagoa decided to transfer me to a desert Branch at Ikoku where everyman for himself on a pay of 60k for ten years of service to this bank.Father, mother, wife and two kids with my wife at delivery stage for third child.
I had told God, I will not steal, be it customer nor bank money. But rather let me resign if worse comes to worse. Even till date I haven't been able to secure any job and it's 4 yrs now. God is on the throne and he let this happened for good.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 17, 2022
Newbielearner:

I can, if you recognize and reward value.
Money ri
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2022
OlympiadTutor:

You're stepping into a scam business.
Next thing they will ask you to "invest" a small amount like 10k-20k for either your forex training or trading.
They will show you pictures of fake life that they live and then claim to make millions monthly just by sitting at home and placing trades.
Please guide yourself and make sure that you don't fall victim.
pls modify my number
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by OscarJaden(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2022
Mivici:

OP please can you refer me to the big collection store so i can tender my CV please

I need the work sir
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mbamifeanyi(m): 7:30am On Apr 17, 2022
Mivici:

If u ve an ONDor HND qualification, u are not above 27years and u can work in any of the eastern state the pay is 75k..send me ur cv to mbamifeanyigabriel32@gmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by ukpahu(m): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2022
ebonyalhjnr:

I purposely set my gender to male
shame on u
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 7:41am On Apr 17, 2022
OscarJaden:
OP please can you refer me to the big collection store so i can tender my CV please

I need the work sir
why not but i don't think the space is still vacant.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by OscarJaden(m): 7:45am On Apr 17, 2022
Mivici:
why not but i don't think the space is still vacant.
I can still give it a try even if it is not vacant
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by ecosystm(m): 8:19am On Apr 17, 2022
If you can work in a Fintech firm..Send your cv to mdonk4321@gmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2022
Mbamifeanyi:

If u ve an ONDor HND qualification, u are not above 27years and u can work in any of the eastern state the pay is 75k..send me ur cv to mbamifeanyigabriel32@gmail.com
thank you, i appreciate your concern
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2022
ecosystm:
If you can work in a Fintech firm..Send your cv to mdonk4321@gmail.com
I will do as you instructed sir.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by AbuAeesha: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2022
Heavensent01:
yes despite it was a chicken change then, I lost 2m to online business then I've to start all over again helping one woman to distribute her goods, there is nothing she no turn me finished so with frustration I've to quit but made the mistake of not getting alternative before the move I stayed at home for 3months thank God I'm not the type that relegate my wife, she was doing the up and down for that three months even though I dey support with some little tips

never should anyone quit job without getting alternative even if the alternative is lower than the current one, at least hold something before relieving yourself from another
that's just the fact
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Card7: 10:38am On Apr 17, 2022
ojun50:
I have my peace
I can't not come and run mad in lagos

5am eyes don open, 6am you don road

6-7pm you close from work, 7-8pm inside bus you eyes dey blink, 10pm you finally reach house dey think of wetin you go chop.

Before you finally eat 11pm don nak.
12-1pm sleep don come,, you finally sleep by 1.

4am you don wake again again

Omo! Lagos no easy!!!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by ebonyalhjnr(f): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2022
ukpahu:
shame on u
Shame on you too
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Adejumo7: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2022
Mbamifeanyi:

Done, Thank you
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by blesskewe(f): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2022
toujurs:
It is well, my sister. Your time to shine would come, its a step at a time. Everything would be fine. And you will smile. I like hard working ladies that has decided to be independent and tackle their challenges without fear. You will surely smile.

Amen sir
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by pak: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2022
Mivici:

You didn't make a mistake, you're just going through a difficult period.
Which happens to all of us - hang in there

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Heavensent01(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2022
WhizdomXX:

You lost 2m to online business. How did you get back on your feet Sir? Asking sincerely.

I'm sure you read where I apply for a job, left the job when I got other better one then strict savings with some friends support I went into transport business and that was how things started getting shape

it all lies on discipline and determination
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2022
OscarJaden:
I can still give it a try even if it is not vacant
ok send me a dm
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by freddie009(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
I prefer death than working for a one man business.10years you never buy bicycle wheel.Na only to pay light bill.House rent go expire you go save 3 months salaries before you fit pay.

You have said it all.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
toluleke:
I notice you are kind of Proud in your write up.
My sis husband left his job went for another and suddenly the other job crashed it was an IT firm he had to beg the manager of the job he left to take him back which they did with conditions . Drop your pride and beg them if they reconsider fine if not fine we are all looking for green pastures so they will understand. Then I have learnt if you haven't gotten a solid better job never leave your present Job forget the motivation online they won't say what they went through. Except if God calls you will pass through some training but the end is always glorious
Was he reinstated?I can't go back to my former job I resigned from.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by grafixdon: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Average Nigerian are greedy, you left your job because of tips? I don't get it, we're tips discussed during the process of your employment? Ain't you aware your salary is 40k? Not that you quit because they're oweing you salary, but you quit your job because of tips? Haba, if you're giving the chance, you'll run that company down

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Mivici: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
grafixdon:
Average Nigerian are greedy, you left your job because of tips? I don't get it, we're tips discussed during the process of your employment? Ain't you aware your salary is 40k? Not that you quit because they're oweing you salary, but you quit your job because of tips? Haba, if you're giving the chance, you'll run that company down
i disagree with you, i can show you my acceptance letter that says, each worker should be given a 1000 naira for over time.
Imagine you earning 200k every month and the money now was not enough, at a point when you know the company is doing well, they now reduce your pay to 150k, how will you feel?..... I could have reported her to the boss who was the general manager but she is a lady and i dont want issue that might lead to another thing like me trying to liquidate the company,,. Which i know she can place it on my head...... The mistake i made now was not to ask for a tranfer to another branch..... Pls am not a thief, am not that greedy.... I only wanted my commission and my customer's remit which is a normal thing if you are staying far from the business district of the capital to beat cost of transport..... If i wanted to steal and implicate her, i could have done that... Cause i know my way but what will i achieve.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Quitting A Job? Please see this. by Benzemma(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
Heavensent01:

At first, i didn't regret quitting it because of the emotional trauma emanating from the inconsiderate treatment of the manager.
Until i lost all i have been saving from the 20k am collecting as salary for a whole 4yrs through the influence of my own idiotic and selfish in-law on network marketing. am now seeing it as a mistake quitting the work. Maybe i wouldn't have fallen to the fallacy of that betrayer that call himself in-law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Public Service Institute Of Nigeria Massive Recruitment( 65 Position) / Experienced Banking Jobs In Nigeria / Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc Fresh Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.