Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. (1155 Views)

What Was Your Embarrassing Moments In 2023. / I Just Ended My Marriage! Single Mum I Married Still Contacts Her Ex Regularly / See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by AmOnline(f): 10:38am On Apr 17, 2022
I have just been embarrassed in a way I think I have never been before. There is this church member I borrowed N20,000 from and it is over 2 weeks now when I was supposed to refund the money. Things have been very rough and life becoming unbearable in recent times. By the way, I'm a widow with a lot of responsibilities.

So I couldn't refund the money because I couldn't gather it and this morning while preparing to go to church, as I stepped out, I just saw her in front of my house and immediately she started shouting, "you want to go to church when I cannot go because of you. Come and go let me see" and all that to the hearing of my neighbours. Right in front of my children, she dragged my clothes, packed dirt from the ground and rubbed on my clothes and asked I refund the money I borrowed from her.

That created a scene before neighbours came to help remove her hands from my clothes. I pleaded by telling her there was no money with me but please she should give me a little more time. She didn't want to hear the plea at all if not for neighbours that helped talk to her before she finally left me. The whole thing lasted almost 1 hour. As she was leaving, she said something, "that is Easter Sunday gift for you". I guess she is coming back tomorrow for Monday Easter gift too.

This is coming from a fellow church member and also a member of social contribution group. That is to show that church does not really matter in issues of life.

May God see me through.
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Picktrust: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2022
Eyaa.

So sorry about the embarrassment
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Malory: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2022
Some days are like that. Buckle up and hope. It gonna be ok soon
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by AmOnline(f): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2022
Malory:
Some days are like that. Buckle up and hope. It gonna be ok soon

The bitter pill life can give sometimes can be unbearable.
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Malory: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2022
AmOnline:

The bitter pill life can give sometimes can be unbearable.
Show me a man who hasn't faced embarrassment in life and I'll show you a man that doesn't exist

2 Likes

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Skyfornia(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2022
I feel sorry for you but I don't like people who borrow and not pay...that money might also be her last money, hoping she will get it back from you soon. Don't blame her for her actions ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by LordIsaac(m): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2022
Don't borrow out money you can't let go... Robert Greene asserts, and I quote: " when you see what flowing uphill, then someone is repaying a kindness." Nigerians lack the integrity of paying back debt. It is a grievious sin than adultery!

5 Likes

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Kriss216: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2022
Na owe you owe, you no kill anybody. Don't allow your fellow woman to degrade you just cos you're owing her.

To pack dirt on the ground and rub on your clothes is the height of everything. I expected you to react instead of making peace.

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by AmOnline(f): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2022
Kriss216:
Na owe you owe, you no kill anybody. Don't allow your fellow woman to degrade you just cos you're owing her.

To pack dirt on the ground and rub on your clothes is the height of everything. I expected you to react instead of making peace.

Reacting could have led to physical combat and I don't think that would have been the right scene.
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by dacblogger: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmOnline:

Reacting could have led to physical combat and I don't think that would have been the right scene.
DNT listen to that one...
He is an agent of darkness sad
The only thing you can do is to plead with her to exercise patience or you pay it bit by bit.
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by AmOnline(f): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
dacblogger:

DNT listen to that one...
He is an agent of darkness sad
The only thing you can do is to plead with her to exercise patience or you pay it bit by bit.
It is well.

Exactly what I was doing. Thank you for your contribution
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Stevenbright(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmOnline:
I have just been embarrassed in a way I think I have never been before. There is this church member I borrowed N20,000 from and it is over 2 weeks now when I was supposed to refund the money. Things have been very rough and life becoming unbearable in recent times. By the way, I'm a widow with a lot of responsibilities.

So I couldn't refund the money because I couldn't gather it and this morning while preparing to go to church, as I stepped out, I just saw her in front of my house and immediately she started shouting, "you want to go to church when I cannot go because of you. Come and go let me see" and all that to the hearing of my neighbours. Right in front of my children, she dragged my clothes, packed dirt from the ground and rubbed on my clothes and asked I refund the money I borrowed from her.

That created a scene before neighbours came to help remove her hands from my clothes. I pleaded by telling her there was no money with me but please she should give me a little more time. She didn't want to hear the plea at all if not for neighbours that helped talk to her before she finally left me. The whole thing lasted almost 1 hour. As she was leaving, she said something, "that is Easter Sunday gift for you". I guess she is coming back tomorrow for Monday Easter gift too.

This is coming from a fellow church member and also a member of social contribution group. That is to show that church does not really matter in issues of life.

May God see me through.

What I feel happened was lack of communication. You probably didn't bother to reassure her that you will soon pay the money back and she seeing you freshing up make her believe you don't want to pay back and hence her action.

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by realtalk19: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmOnline:

May God see me through.

Sorry for the embarrassment,you could have informed her when you couldn't meet up with the agreed time of refund and plead with her to give you more time.

It's like you didn't reach out to her since the due date of refund and didn't say anything which made her feel like a fool for lending you money to have reacted that way.

She may have had plans for the money only for you to disappoint her and didn't reach out to her.

It is well with you. God will surely make a way for you. Don't loose hope

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Quim2: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Skyfornia:
I feel sorry for you but I don't like people who borrow and not pay...that money might also be her last money, hoping she will get it back from you soon. Don't blame her for her actions ..

Why not pay it back for Her?

Send her the 20k.

You missed the part where she said she's a struggling Widow or is it that you haven't noticed how difficult the economy is Now?

No let me swear for you ooo

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Quim2: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmOnline:

May God see me through.

I just had a huge disappointment this week in church too. An elderly member did it.

It's also financial but it was me giving. .

Church is now bullshit but God is real.
Humans are the reason the church is that way.

If you are on whatsapps let's chat. My number is on my profile
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sorry op,
it's actually a sin to be poor in nigeria.

i challenge family nairalanders to help her out in the spirit of easter pls. it's well
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by faithfull18(f): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Pay bit by bit and communicate. That way, the person can see you are trying to clear the debt.

A lot of Nigerians are bad debtors. You may not understand it fully until you are in the shoes of the creditor. Some people loaned out not because they have too much or enough but just so they can be there for you at the time of your need.

But most Nigerians take such gestures from people as foolishness and will refuse to pay back, some will go as far as blocking you everywhere possible especially if you aren't in the same location.

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:22am On Apr 18, 2022
AmOnline:

May God see me through.
so, when will you pay her back?
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:25am On Apr 18, 2022
Quim2:

Send her the 20k.

You missed the part where she said she's a struggling Widow or is it that you haven't noticed how difficult the economy is Now?

she's a widow, and so?

Let her pay back the money she borrowed. Simple.

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:26am On Apr 18, 2022
Quim2:

Send her the 20k.

she's a widow, and so?

Why should op wait for other people's handouts?

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Quim2: 10:14am On Apr 18, 2022
quote author=DrFunmisticGlow post=112045907] she's a widow, and so?

Let her pay back the money she borrowed. Simple.[/quote]

Life is not so simple my beauty.
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Quim2: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
she's a widow, and so?

Why should op wait for other people's handouts?

She didn't say she's waiting for anyone or looking for help.
She just shared her sad experience

In fact I can tell you that since I dropped that comment above urging her
To contact me she hasn't. However 3 other people have come to beg me for the financial aid instead.

I had to modify cos it mentioned the huge amount involved in my own case. Money I gave out and was not repaid by none other than a church elder and I'm just a member. My crime is wanting to marry his daughter.

Life is not always about gain and disappoints abound. Some debtor may not be able to repay cos of these 2 factors. It is wickedness to scorn such people

1 Like

Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by shantti(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
Malory:
Show me a man who hasn't faced embarrassment in life and I'll show you a man that doesn't exist

Davido, dangotes children, otedolas children, bill gates children..................
Re: The Easter Sunday Embarrassing Gift I Just Received. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
Madam sorry for the embarrassment, but I do not think you are showing any sign of payment and that’s the thing about people who borrow in Nigeria. When you want to borrow you come with story of pity and when the owner wants the money back, you guys are always never ready to pay back or don’t want to, using story of how the country is hard. If you want free money, ask for free money not using borrowing as an excuse to collect money from another person. You are not the only person the country is hard for.

If you really wanted to pay back, you would have given her something at least, but I’m sure you won’t. Even if someone gives you the 20k to pay back, I’m sure you still won’t pay.

Stop blaming the borrower, she was kind enough to give you when you needed it.

(1) (Reply)

Uyailncomparabl, You Failed In Your Attempt To spite Men. / I’m The One Paying Your School Fees” — Man Tells His Son After His Wife Claimed / A Man In Egypt Has Named His Newborn Daughter 'facebook'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.