Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! (1904 Views)

RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Lied When He Said About 50% Americans Are Jews. / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His / Frank Edward Kind Of Haircut May Deny Him Heaven - Evangelist Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
Luke 23:42-43
[42]Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”
[43]And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

The fact is, Jesus was nowhere but the grave for three days and after God raised him he spent another 40 days on earth before ascension to heaven.

Was the comma placed wrongly or was Jesus lying knowing that he won't go to heaven that same day and will be with his disciples 40 days after resurrection?

The comma should really be placed before "today" to make that verse coherent.

“I assure you today, you will be with me in paradise.”

Paradise is not the same as heaven. The paradise Jesus meant here is the new earth.
If Jesus wanted to say heaven, he would have said heaven.

Peace.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by appishani1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
We are not that religion that kill to defend a powerful God.
Our God is too big he will deal with you himself but we sha pray for him to have mercy on you
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
appishani1:
We are not that religion that kill to defend a powerful God.
Our God is too big he will deal with you himself but we sha pray for him to have mercy on you

I'm not a Muslim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
Did the thief live beyond the day Jesus died on the cross? The thief's last day on earth determined his destination. And that was the day Jesus made the statement.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Did the thief live beyond the day Jesus died on the cross? The thief's last day on earth determined his destination. And that was the day Jesus made the statement.

The thief destination was the grave as Jesus's destination was the grave but God raised him up.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
The thief destination was the grave as Jesus's destination was the grave but God raised him up.
Which day determines where the soul will go? The death day is the answer.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Luke 23:42-43
[42]Then he said, “

Now you have fully become the "I hate God" that you truly were.

His Today, has never been your "today"
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

You don't know that! You are not the gravemaster general to testify whether he did enter your 'house' or he got a first class plane direct to paradise awaiteees!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Which day determines where the soul will go? The death day is the answer.

Acts 2:31
[31]He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

After death, both the soul of Jesus and the thief were in hell (grave) but God raised Jesus back to life.
According to Jesus's promise for the thief, he will also be raised up in the future when Jesus will come back to rule the earth. John 5:28,29.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you have fully become the "I hate God" that you truly were.

His Today, has never been your "today"
Dummy

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Acts 2:31
[31]He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
After death, both the soul of Jesus and the thief were in hell (grave) but God raised Jesus back to life.
According to Jesus's promise for the thief, he will also be raised up in the future when Jesus will come back to rule the earth. John 5:28,29.
I ask you again, when is the place of the soul determined? Before or after death?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

Dummy

grin hahahaha grin. You Can not reasonably Counter! grin
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You don't know that! You are not the gravemaster general to testify whether he did enter your 'house' or he got a first class plane direct to paradise awaiteees!

Ezekiel 18:4,20-21
[4]Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
[20]The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
[21]But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

You'll always read and never understand if you don't put away your pride and foolishness.

Here God proclaimed that a soul that sins will die and promised that a righteous soul will live.

Does that mean the souls that are righteous won't die at all? Of course no!
They will eventually die. What God meant there is that they will be given their life back in the future and live forever. John 5:28,29.

What bout the soul the sins? They will sure die and remain in their death cos God has nothing to do with them. They will die forever.

But nowadays false religion says the wicked/sinners won't die but continue to live in imaginary hell after death.

Wake up Mr truth.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
I ask you again, when is the place of the soul determined? Before or after death?

Sorry you didn't get my answer.
Everyone goes to the grave/hell just like Jesus and Adam our first parents after death.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Sorry you didn't get my answer.
Everyone goes to the grave/hell just like Jesus and Adam our first parents after death.
Grave is neither hell nor heaven. Jesus went to the grave to fulfill death in other to clearly show his victory for the dead and for the living. Where did you see in the Bible that the soul of the thief went to hell?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

Ezekiel 18:4,20-21
[4]Behold, all souls are mine;

Does this not clearly tell you that The Owner of the souls can dispatch them in any direction He chooses, as He Likes, in this case "Dispatch to Paradise",? Go and borrow intelligence, ehn,!
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Jokerman(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Seems this guy just joined cult... and one of your missions Is lies kn social media
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Does this not clearly tell you that The Owner of the souls can dispatch them in any direction He chooses, as He Likes, in this case "Dispatch to Paradise",? Go and borrow intelligence, ehn,!

Dummy. You never think before you reply.
John 5:28,29.

Everyone that died goes to the grave/hell just like Jesus and Adam our first parent.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jokerman:
Seems this guy just joined cult... and one of your missions Is lies kn social media
Axemen or birds which one did you join?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

Dummy. You never think before you reply.
John 5:28,29.

Everyone that died goes to the grave/hell just like Jesus and Adam our first parent.

Olodo, Change of Post!

you changed post to "All souls are mine" I answered you. grin

Now you are changing again to "everyone goes to the grave".

I no go play Police to your thief! grin just dey run dey go like fool. grin
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Grave is neither hell nor heaven. Jesus went to the grave to fulfill death in other to clearly show his victory for the dead and for the living. Where did you see in the Bible that the soul of the thief went to hell?

I never said grave is heaven.

But grave simply also means hell or Hadēs or She'ôl or realm of the dead.

As you can see from the Acts 2:27 verse, Jesus was inactive in death but God later raised him to fulfill the prophecy at Psalm 16:10.

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Olodo, Change of Post!

you changed post to "All souls are mine" I answered you. grin

Now you are changing again to "everyone goes to the grave".

I no go play Police to your thief! grin just dey run dey go like fool. grin

You will never grow up from being a dummy.
My thread is about hell, grave, soul,...

Your not in position to tell me I'm changing post. Ask any sane person here and they will tell you I didn't cahnge anything.
Just always try to face discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

You will never grow up from being a dummy.
My thread is about hell, grave, soul,...

Your not in position to tell me I'm changing post. Ask any sane person here and they will tell you I didn't cahnge anything.
Just always try to face discussion.

grin hahahahaha grin The Madness of "I hate God" has fallen on you! grin grin
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin hahahahaha grin The Madness of "I hate God" has fallen on you! grin grin

It's not my problem if you hate God.
See if you want run from the discussion you can go. No one forced you to bring your foolishness here.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

I never said grave is heaven.

But grave simply also means hell or Hadēs or She'ôl or realm of the dead.

As you can see from the Acts 2:27 verse, Jesus was inactive in death but God later raised him to fulfill the prophecy at Psalm 16:10.

Jesus said the thief will be in paradise. No part of the Bible says the thief went to hell. So, what is your point?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Dtruthspeaker: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

It's not my problem if you hate God.
See if you want run from the discussion you can go. No one forced you to bring your foolishness here.

grin Says the man who speaks blasphemies and jw lies and stupidities.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Blue86(m): 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
Let me begin with the story of the rich man and Lazarus, which predates long before the ascension of the Lord.

If you go back to reading it.
Abraham said one thing : He mentioned that there is a great gulf between us. When the rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus to give him water.
Notice the word 'between'

So when Jesus told the man he would be with him in paradise, where do you think paradise was initially located before the ascension?
Yeah, that's right.
Under the earth.
Sheol.

And there was a great divide between it and place of torment under the earth.

So when Jesus resurrected, He took with Him all the saints and those He promised life with Him to where He is, right now.
And that is where paradise is.
A relocation.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:

Jesus said the thief will be in paradise. No part of the Bible says the thief went to hell. So, what is your point?

Pls take your time to read through from my first post again.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Pls take your time to read through from my first post again.
What do you think I miss in your first post?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Blue86:
Let me begin with the story of the rich man and Lazarus, which predates long before the ascension of the Lord.

If you go back to reading it.
Abraham said one thing : He mentioned that there is a great gulf between us. When the rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus to give him water.
Notice the word 'between'

So when Jesus told the man he would be with him in paradise, where do you think paradise was initially located before the ascension?
Yeah, that's right.
Under the earth.
Sheol.

And there was a great divide between it and place of torment under the earth.

So when Jesus resurrected, He took with Him all the saints and those He promised life with Him to where He is, right now.
And that is where paradise is.
A relocation.

Sorry it was parable. The event didn't really happen. And it wasn't a vision.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
What do you think I miss in your first post?

Perhaps you would see that Jesus didn't go to heaven till after 43 days. So there's no way he could be with theif in paradise that same day.

Paradise is not heaven. Jesus promised the thief eternal life here on new earth.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Says the man who speaks blasphemies and jw lies and stupidities.

Where are the blasphemies I spoke?

Is it not blasphemy when you say God is not one person but needs two other persons to complete the Godhead?
Only God the Father is the one GOD there's.
Deuteronomy 6:4, Ephesians 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:5,6. John 17:3.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Birth Story Of Jesus From The Quran / How To Forgive Abusive Parents / Should Christians Eat Sallah Ram???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.