Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? (22255 Views)

Nigerian Families Struggle To Survive As Food Prices Soar - Al Jazeera / Can Geisha Be Eaten Raw Just Like Sardine Without Cooking / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Cutehector(m): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Buy gas cooker or stove na. You can always do light cooking, i.e fry eggs and sardines. Cook Noodles. Cook Beans and eat with Bread. Make eba and get someone prepare soup.
una go just dey talk as if sardine na 50naira..do you know how much sardine is?
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DoctorOlasDesk: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Cutehector:
una go just dey talk as if sardine na 50naira..do you know how much sardine is?

Almost 600 Naira. I'm aware. Even Starkist nor cheap
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Bashnigga(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Some niggar can looseguard

Look for one baby girl way fit dey run that matter for you attimes...

I nor say make you start relationships with her

If you are a smart niggar....she will even become part of the food
Lol, the food go be appetizer & the cook go be main dish grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Goddyj(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Na to buy small gas cylinder na him sure pass o. Noodles all the way grin
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Cutehector(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Almost 600 Naira. I'm aware. Even Starkist nor cheap
is that not equal to a plate of food?
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Verbtips(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
SeunTheOwner:

See dem face ....... food bandits, unknown foodmen

naija don meke me wise oh common garri na hot cake a times gan you go tell am baby i am hungry after much discussion on phone,no be those wise one oh those foolish one just within 1hrs you go hear knock on the door
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by reddingtonblack: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Good the experience hasn’t been smooth.

A lot of you Nigerian men can’t cook to save your own lives. Your kitchens are like where they threw bomb. You hide under the excuse of “work”, but in 5 years time you would marry a working class wife and suddenly tag it unsubmissiveness when she is too tired to pound akpu for you after working the whole day and running after your hyperactive child to drink custard.

Continue eating in that restaurant. Nonsense and Buhari.

He is waiting to deceive one girl with love. Then she would start cooking for him. After that he would open mouth waaaaaaa and ask “WHAT DO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE ASIDES SEX?”

Can someone tell this one it is just a superstition guy use to coerces women into purpose that protrude inclusion,utility and most importantly to convince (guys)ourselves there is commitment on her part, take chores away from r/ship equation most guyz will be back to finding X.
Maybe most guyz can't cook varieties, truly nigerians easily forget but whatever happened in BBN in absence of a case study should suffice.

magnoliaa tell your aunty what you saw
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by ecolime(m): 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Good the experience hasn’t been smooth.

A lot of you Nigerian men can’t cook to save your own lives. Your kitchens are like where they threw bomb. You hide under the excuse of “work”, but in 5 years time you would marry a working class wife and suddenly tag it unsubmissiveness when she is too tired to pound akpu for you after working the whole day and running after your hyperactive child to drink custard.

Continue eating in that restaurant. Nonsense and Buhari.

He is waiting to deceive one girl with love. Then she would start cooking for him. After that he would open mouth waaaaaaa and ask “WHAT DO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE ASIDES SEX?”
You just like to dey give us hot hot.. lol

1 Like

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Rexymania(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
Omo iyami, I eat out
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Bigfish121(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
Omo I stay in Abuja and Gwarinpa to be precise.Eating outside is very expensive I swear.most times I do use tastia restaurant If I don't cook at home.

AsiwajuJagaban:
You probably in one remote village with plenty mama puts

Come to some places in abj where the least you'd get in an eatery for a plate of rice is #1200

Multiply that for 3 squares meals in a day
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by DoctorOlasDesk: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
Cutehector:
is that not equal to a plate of food?

Smh
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:

I have always have an understanding heart towards women but I have new height of respect for you guys now. Lost my sister recently & her kids have been with me for the time being..I go to work and come back & have to figure what they will eat..not like I'm a good cook..mahn, its peak!

Accept my sympathy on the death of your sister. You are really doing well and she would definitely be proud of how you stepped in to care for her kids.

Rather than going through the daily stress of figuring out what they’ll eat, I can help you with a kiddies food timetable and tips on how to fix their food faster. It would work easily if you have good power supply. Let me know if it is what you want to try out. Also where do you base? The state to be specific. Jisike

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by cayorday89(m): 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
To make it worse, I have to live like this for another one month.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation like this? How did you cope?
A lifestyle I can't survive on...
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Verbtips(m): 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:
I've never been in that position before...
you dey miss oh better travel then you find diffrent kinds of girls and you go get diffrent kind of food and taste
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Xtopherprince(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
zeenaman:
Recently, I relocated to another state, and I'm still struggling to settle down. I have been here for three months now without a kitchen utensil as little as a spoon let alone cooking.
The experience hasn't been smooth. I survive on visiting restaurants, feeding on junks... The whole of this is unhealthy for me as well as money-wasting. I have lost weight dramatically, I can't remember the last time I ate to my satisfaction.
To make it worse, I have to live like this for another one month.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation like this? How did you cope?

Reverse is my case. I also relocated to Lagos around January. Shuttling from mainland to the island is something else. Every bukka around where I stay and around the office knows me. Instead of loosing weight… I added about 10 pounds without owning any cooking utensils. Recently rented an apartment which I’m still furnishing (got scammed when I rented the first one), but I don’t think I’ll be doing any cooking. Not for lack of trying, but because ion know how.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by JayPeeOham: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:
Thanks to my Ekiti female neighbor.. Na she dey always pound yam for me every two days.. We both live in a One bedroom flat bungalow and our flats face each other. She cooks and I supply gas and foodstuff sometimes.. But recently we've about taking it to d next level...cos she's started having effrontery to sleep on my three sitter to late hours.. In fact na tomorrow I don plan to give her close marking.. The babe gather boobs die

Hafa Bro... You get the gyal pishure? I wan shaperly confam suntin grin
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Solexgzy(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

That's not true about a plate of rice costing N1200 in Abuja.

I have not cook since I left home January till now and I work in Central Area, Abuja...I eat out everyday.

A plate of rice cost N500 with meat and a nice sizeable plate...Two meats and a plate cost N600.

What I eat mostly to give me strength while working in the morning is two sizeable wraps of akpu or eba or semo or pounded yam or wheat costs N600.

That I must say, is not bad.
In the afternoon/evening, I eat rice and beans with meat at the rate of N350 in another location...Basically, I spend around N1000 maximum on food everyday.

That's not bad...Also, that's like $2 everyday.

Do you know that cooking is also getting seriously expensive coupled with the food materials and the stress involved.

In my own rationale, eating out and cooking, the difference is not much, just a thin line separate both.

If you want to cook, it takes a short or long duration before the meal is ready and by then, you are already worn out and disinterested to eat...However, when you eat out, the food is automatically ready and you dig in voraciously and move on to the next activity without stressing yourself like a woman in the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm an excellent cook right from many years but eating out presently has relieved me of those unnecessary wahala of washing fish/meat, looking for where to throwaway the dirty water, leaving beans on the fire for many hours, bleaching oil and everywhere getting smoky, chopping onions with runny nose, etc.

Cheers!
comrade
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Mypeople2(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Some niggar can looseguard

Look for one baby girl way fit dey run that matter for you attimes...

I nor say make you start relationships with her

If you are a smart niggar....she will even become part of the food
Hahahahaha Baddo
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Oddsmaster06: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:
Thanks to my Ekiti female neighbor.. Na she dey always pound yam for me every two days.. We both live in a One bedroom flat bungalow and our flats face each other. She cooks and I supply gas and foodstuff sometimes.. But recently we've about taking it to d next level...cos she's started having effrontery to sleep on my three sitter to late hours.. In fact na tomorrow I don plan to give her close marking.. The babe gather boobs die

Bad....guy

Smiling..
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by thinkmoney(m): 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:
You can't make heaven. But na only her dey that compound wey be lady? Invite me na
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by okoroemeka(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Verbtips:
my brother find girlfriend you go the visit her towards evening when she don the near to cook finish
I remember the time I worked in benue cement,I have only cup in my house,I simply have to befriend a babe that has a restaurant in gboko just to be eating and nacking her, sometimes in the packing store,no food for lazy man is not for those the baby get restaurant.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
Annex1, I felt a ting of nostalgic feelings rushing out waiting to erupt as I feast upon your epistle.

Throwback to those years gone and lost when man had a woman who could go the length and breadth of the whole foodstuff market just to get some palatable for the nigga to eat. It was beautiful at the beginning but along the way, I discovered I couldn't stand a woman whose jealousy is fire and her possessive spirit is more than when Tesla lost his patent battle to Edison, she was damn territorial and man got served three red, black and yellow hot slaps. Long story short, I lost the lady and I lost the meal too but peace of mind with red-oiled rice trump banga soup with assorted always.

Anyway, cooking is such a stressful exercise but then, man wey no work suppose no chop. Na why I deh try learn how to coordinate simple meals now, red-oiled rice is not the goal for my life.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by crackhouse(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
AsiwajuJagaban:
You probably in one remote village with plenty mama puts

Come to some places in abj where the least you'd get in an eatery for a plate of rice is #1200

Multiply that for 3 squares meals in a day
I buy more than that for a plate. Do u know what it will cost u to go to the market, buy food stuffs and cook? Then after that u wash pots and plate? Bro it's too stressful. I better pay 1500 for a plate and eat 2 times a day totalling 3k than to do all that.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by NUJABEZ: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
I don't even know how some people can afford to live without cooking at home.

Seven years ago when I moved to my first apartment, the first items I bought were kitchen utensils: gas stove, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery, then spice racks, containers etc. I have always loved cooking so it was nice to finally have my own kitchen.

Cooking isn't difficult, you just need to pay careful attention to what you are doing so that you can gain an understanding of what each step of the process contributes to the taste and texture of the food.

Learn the basics, frying, cooking, stock making, cook times. Learn all you can about nutrition so that you can make confident decisions about yiur diet. When up operate with knowledge most factors will not faze you.

I can't relate with you, dear OP because yiur situation is inconceivable to me. Start small. Start today.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by ultraviolet27(f): 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
But Why are Guys very Lazy?What is hard in Cooking? Calculate the Cost of eating Out and Compare it to buying Food Stuff and Cooking in a Month,You will See it is much Cheaper to Cook at Home.And many Mothers are not trying When You dissuade your male Children from entering the Kitchen Because Cooking is Only meant For Females How will they develop interest and Patience to Cook?When they are grown up?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by NUJABEZ: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
crackhouse:
I buy more than that for a plate. Do u know what it will cost u to go to the market, buy food stuffs and cook? Then after that u wash pots and plate? Bro it's too stressful. I better pay 1500 for a plate and eat 2 times a day totalling 3k than to do all that.

If you can cook in bulk and refrigerate, it is way cheaper. Soups and stews of different types frozen away, meal time only requires boiling of rice or making eba etc.

What I do is have someone cook twice a month for me. Three types of stew, three types of soup, and I'll eat like a bandit for cheap for one month.

Also washing up while cooking eliminates the stress you spoke about.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by Solidkay(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Verbtips:
my brother find girlfriend you go the visit her towards evening when she don the near to cook finish

Soft......
Tiri gbosa for you.
Nah man you be......
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by ultraviolet27(f): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
crackhouse:
. So It is stressful to go to the market,Wash Plates and Pots?Hope later when you marry a Woman who does all that for you and more,Combined with Being a Working Class and doesn't want to Split the Bills equally You won't ask What She brings to the Table?
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by GooodHardDick: 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
ultraviolet27:
But Why are Guys very Lazy?What is hard in Cooking? Calculate the Cost of eating Out and Compare it to buying Food Stuff and Cooking in a Month,You will See it is much Cheaper to Cook at Home.And many Mothers are not trying When You dissuade your male Children from entering the Kitchen Because Cooking is Only meant For Females How will they develop interest and Patience to Cook?When they are grown up?[/s]
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Go and buy utensils. It will save you money overall.
Re: How Did You Survive Living Alone Without Cooking? by gasparpisciotta: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
OriOko88:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. / Update On Imported ‘india Garri’: Health Minister Now Aware & Taken Actions / Amiloaded Feeds 1000 Osun Street Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.