Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

My Landlord Got Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Landlord Got Kidnapped (1755 Views)

A Friend Just Got Kidnapped / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / My Mom Almost Got Kidnapped Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2022
We were all in our respective apartments, closed from work for the day and resting with our families wen we suddenly heard gunshots in our compound.
Tho not too late in the night but it was around 10:38pm, these kidnappers who were three in numbers all armed with guns were struggling it out with my landlord who was trying to kick his bike(his friend had a party and he was to attend).

According to his wife who cam to open the terrace burglary proof for him wen he wanted to come out from his apartment, the kidnappers gave him two options 1) either he entered his house with dem or (2)he quietly follow them into the bush, the man had to follow them into the thick bush amidst Seriously battering and injury infliction.

We were all restless but didn't even know what to do. Well, expectedly these people called and requested for 20million naira. Yesterday even the wife came to the back of my apartment and she was negotiating with them, i heard her telling dem that all dey could gather as at den was #600,000. And that was all i know about the situation den.

Typing...
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by NoQualmz: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by God1000(m): 8:54am On Apr 18, 2022
This is serious, no place is safe in this country anymore.

I remember the day these men of underworld invaded our neighborhood last year, it was a hair raising experience

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by TayehJiboluwa(m): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2022
Where did this happen?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2022
Since the incidence occured we could go about with our normal routine, we could not even ignite our generators to charge our fons and watch some movies for the weekend.

So i woke up this morning to a joyful news, Landlord have been released, hale but not healthy, he couldn't walk by himself again, injuries all over the body.

Now his story: They walked several kilometres from our settlement to another settlement, normally the name of the two he mentioned they went to, our motor on a normal usual have it tank filled with 5k worth of petrol, just to tell u how far dey trekked.

These kidnappers are mixed of hausas and fulanis.

If u re a force member (police or soldier) u wil be killed instanta. No story, no ransom, no negotiation.(one was killed in is front)

They receive transfar, untraceable transfer. This is how to do it, you wil transfer the money to someone in sokoto, the man in sokoto will take his percentage and wil transfer the rest into the kidnappers account embarassed embarassed

If u dont have an ATM u shouldn't worry too much, even banks officials are part of them, they are ready to bring an ATM card maker for u, dem go process ur card now now now( aswear my country has gone into extinction).

Tho i have not bn able to ask him how much he used to bailed himself out but that is later tins.

Pls people out there, bevery careful and vigilant, these kidnappers are among us, and their informants are people living with us, they give out the victims details to them from A to Z.

Pls know the kind of people you walk with and endeavour to manage ur investment in such a way that they are not centralised into a particular geographical location.

Lalasticlala u can help us more sir.

6 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2022
TayehJiboluwa:
Where did this happen?
Edo state here

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by kozmokaz(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Omo

Rip Nigeria

Untraceable transfers my foot!!!
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by kingthreat(m): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Edo state here

Edo of all places, all their youths sabi na cultism. To stand up and rise against these herdsmen, them go dey shake. This is a horrible precedence.
@freshkpomo

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by doctokwus: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2022
How can a transfer be said to be untraceable when it's made to an account number with name?
The only untraceable transfer is one made with cash.

6 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by TheStakeHolder(m): 9:23am On Apr 18, 2022
Untraceable This is super story. From the stables of Wale Adenuga Production!

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 9:25am On Apr 18, 2022
kingthreat:

Edo of all places, all their youths sabi na cultism. To stand up and rise against these herdsmen, them go dey shake. This is a horrible precedence.
@freshkpomo

Lol, edo youth?? Lol

They are very very very very very lazy, tooo lazy. One ijaw man is equal to 7 edo boys ooh.

I remember a day some ijaws raided mlthis my community, everywhere palolo, no single person was found even in the most rowdy area.

They are only good in keyboarding, enslaving themselves to women, drinking gin(kainkain) and baba ijebu.

Tell their vigilante that a kidnaper is around, they would tell u that they are having only one bullet in their dane gun.
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2022
doctokwus:
How can a transfer be said to be untraceable when it's made to an account number with name?
The only untraceable transfer is one made with cash.
see u, i argued like u until i saw proof. Transfer wey dem dey to to pos, pos wey hin reg no dey okay. See guys tins dey unfold, if e never happen to u, u no go know

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Untraceable This is super story. From the stables of Wale Adenuga Production!

lipsrsealed

Lol, do u tink i have tym to be typing nonsense story online wen i have much in my hand to do??

I am not jobless man, i am not jobless. Even the little i typed i forced mysef, let me have chance to see the victim, den i wil give more details, this is my landlord, i am not a jobless fellow who type stories online just to garner likes and comments, i have job baba

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Richy4(m): 10:01am On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, do u tink i have tym to be typing nonsense story online wen i have much in my hand to do??

I am not jobless man, i am not jobless. Even the little i typed i forced mysef, let me have chance to see the victim, den i wil give more details, this is my landlord, i am not a jobless fellow who type stories online just to garner likes and comments, i have job baba

There's no account that is untraceable buddy... Speaking from experience...
Once the money goes out, it must get into a functioning account some where..
Mind you all banks are registered... There's no hidden bank anywhere... so it can be traced.. that's the job description of forensic accountants in any bank or financial institutions...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

Mind you all banks are registered... There's no hidden bank anywhere... so it can be traced.. that's the job description of forensic accountants in any bank or financial institutions...

Ok, i bliv u, remember i am not into anything finance. So i follow what dey says.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Richy4(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Ok, i bliv u, remember i am not into anything finance. So i follow what dey says.
If the landlord wants his money back, he can get it once it's electronically transferred..

<<< The recipient have a functioning Account.
<<< Banks knows each other's code... Just the way u know if Glo, MtN or Econet number is calling you...

<<< So they can identify which bank the money was transferred to...

<<< When they discovered the bank, they can get the branch code number that the account was opened..

<<< From there, they will find the name, address, phone number of the recipient..

This is something that should be done within a day or two.. but in Nigeria, I can't tell...
Based on what you narrated, even the cashflow of the Sokoto account could be used to traced the others.. it's not difficult...

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Anthonyoz(m): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

don't think that those guys are fool ,

They may kidnap someone get his account details and make transactions with the account ,they may withdraw the cash and deposit it back into there main account ,

But all the same everything balls down to reactiveness of our security agents.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by kingthreat(m): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

I know one bros fully into scam then in Lagos. This guy made sure he made his gateman's brother open a bank account that uses an atm. He settled this guy with 100k to go back to Niger republic and used the guy's identity to run scam. How them wan trace Umaru for Niger?
Even if it is possible, the process is a very long one. You get big money to mobilize Nigerian police for Sokoto and what if the guy at the moment is not in the house he is registered to? Just never pray for evil. The Nigerian system can be frustrating.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nigeria is not safe anymore, and is getting worse everyday
May God help us all
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Richy4(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
kingthreat:

I know one bros fully into scam then in Lagos. This guy made sure he made his gateman's brother open a bank account that uses an atm. He settled this guy with 100k to go back to Niger republic and used the guy's identity to run scam. How them wan trace Umaru for Niger?
Even if it is possible, the process is a very long one. You get big money to mobilize Nigerian police for Sokoto and what if the guy at the moment is not in the house he is registered to? Just never pray for evil. The Nigerian system can be frustrating.
The Nigerian system made it so difficult I guess... And it's the laziness on their part..

There are some transactions one can do in a bank, or in a government offices and they demand for prove of residence....

They will use that means to know if u are still in your current address or u have moved... By electricity bill, water rates or house rent bearing your name...

If u are living with someone an affidavit from the police will be obtained with stamps... These are how to make sure addresses were updated...U can't just do an easy scam electronically abroad like the one op narrated.. it's just a few phone calls away and those guys will be behind bars..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by kingthreat(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

The Nigerian system made it so difficult I guess... And it's the laziness on their part..

There are some transactions one can do in a bank, or in a government offices and they demand for prove of residence....

They will use that means to know if u are still in your current address or u have moved... By electricity bill, water rates or house rent bearing your name...

If u are living with someone an affidavit from the police will be obtained with stamps... These are how to make sure addresses were updated...U can't just do an easy scam electronically abroad like the one op narrated.. it's just a few phone calls away and those guys will be behind bars..

True. Electricity and water bill is not hard to get. As for rent, a receipt can be created.
Affidavit no hard to get either. Believe me, smart scammers can beat the system if they want to.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

If the landlord wants his money back, he can get it once it's electronically transferred..

<<< The recipient have a functioning Account.
<<< Banks knows each other's code... Just the way u know if Glo, MtN or Econet number is calling you...

<<< So they can identify which bank the money was transferred to...

<<< When they discovered the bank, they can get the branch code number that the account was opened..

<<< From there, they will find the name, address, phone number of the recipient..

This is something that should be done within a day or two.. but in Nigeria, I can't tell...
Based on what you narrated, even the cashflow of the Sokoto account could be used to traced the others.. it's not difficult...
hmmm, nawa ooh
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by Blessedpalms: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
kingthreat:

@freshkpomo
Blame whoever you want to blame but don't leave out those soldiers around that Auchi axis.

Those Fulani and Hausa come from Kogi into Edo state actually. The close proximity between Edo and logo makes it simple for those folks

Those nefarious evil fellows use the forest/bush frequently when herding their ram and cows, and hence know which root to navigate

They once tried to attack Okpe village just a little after Igarra. They

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by AlphaTaikun: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Lol, edo youth?? Lol

They are very very very very very lazy, tooo lazy. One ijaw man is equal to 7 edo boys ooh.

I remember a day some ijaws raided mlthis my community, everywhere palolo, no single person was found even in the most rowdy area.

They are only good in keyboarding, enslaving themselves to women, drinking gin(kainkain) and baba ijebu.

Tell their vigilante that a kidnaper is around, they would tell u that they are having only one bullet in their dane gun.
You must be located in the Ovia South West LGA axis where the
Ijaws in the Okomu area have
been dragging ownership of land with the Bini folks based on media reports.

The Nigerian Police IRT Unit must be contacted immediately any kidnapping takes place. Go online and get their contacts or visit the
DPO of any police station to get the
Intelligence ResponseTeam (IRT)
Unit HQ and regional phone contacts. Still try to report to the
IRT even though you said he has
regained his freedom.

They have been very effective in
tracking the mobile phone calls of criminal gangs and kidnappers with the aid of advanced technology for many years now!

The problem is that people don't
report these crimes to the police
IRT because they are afraid the kidnappers could harm their loved
ones, and this is why crimes have persisted.

This annoying behavior of not reporting to the elite police squads must stop!

Cheers.
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

You must be located in the Ovia South West LGA axis where the
Ijaws in the Okomu area have
been dragging ownership of land with the Bini folks based on media reports.

The Nigerian Police IRT Unit must be contacted immediately any kidnapping takes place. Go online and get their contacts or visit the
DPO of any police station to get the
Intelligence ResponseTeam (IRT)
Unit HQ and regional phone contacts. Still try to report to the
IRT even though you said he has
regained his freedom.

They have been very effective in
tracking the mobile phone calls of criminal gangs and kidnappers with the aid of advanced technology for many years now!

The problem is that people don't
report these crimes to the police
IRT because they are afraid the kidnappers could harm their loved
ones, and this is why crimes have persisted.

This annoying behavior of not reporting to the elite police squads must stop!

Cheers.
Seems u re the alpha and beta of edo state, u are too sharp for my liking bro grin

But seriously u got the environment right.

For the issue of reporting, hmmm, for this Nigeria?? The police themselves are accomplices ooh.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by ibechris(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
kozmokaz:
Omo

Rip Nigeria

Untraceable transfers my foot!!!

Everything una go doubt.

No be here two abokis argued over ransome they collected and they inadvertently dragged themselves to the police station before they were arrested.
Kidnapping is a big business now in Nigeria.
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by tonididdy(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
kingthreat:

@freshkpomo
Stand up and rise against who.
You think kidnappers are BH and bandits that everybody knows their location?
This people operate like light, so INSTANTANEOUS
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by kozmokaz(m): 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
ibechris:

Everything una go doubt.

No be here two abokis argued over ransome they collected and they inadvertently dragged themselves to the police station before they were arrested.
Kidnapping is a big business now in Nigeria.

Not doubting nothing man

But untraceable transfers ? Lol common
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by whirlwind7(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
see u, i argued like u until i saw proof. Transfer wey dem dey to to pos, pos wey hin reg no dey okay. See guys tins dey unfold, if e never happen to u, u no go know

Have you heard about those so called "secret" Swiss numbered account? Even those accounts can be traced.
Crooks go to many lengths to hide their tracks and launder money, but so long as law enforcement is serious about tracking where the money went, it will be uncovered. So long as it is not cash payment.

Paying money via POS is actually one of the easily traceable transactions. Just that Naija police are complicit, and won't investigate.
This has made criminals bolder, and they don't even bother to insist on cash anymore.
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by AlphaTaikun: 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Seems u re the alpha and beta of edo state, u are too sharp for my liking bro grin

But seriously u got the environment right.

For the issue of reporting, hmmm, for this Nigeria?? The police themselves are accomplices ooh.
Okay then I accept the alpha designation... grin

All of you in your hood should get the phone numbers of Area Commanders, Commisioners of Police, and DPOs closest to you if you are concerned about dealing directly with some compromised or creepy junior police officers.

If you are going to contact the
IRT Unit under the office of the IG in Abuja, first off you have to lodge a complaint in the nearest police station to you in Edo State.

DSP 'Tunji Disu (a top police professional) is the new Head
of the IRT Unit that has tackled
kidnappers in the past and rescued victims without any ransom being paid.

Log on to Google and type:
"Police IRT Unit contacts"

You'll get from the Google search a list of Websites and useful contacts of senior police officers from the www.npf.gov.ng and other sites.

All the best.
Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by OlawaleBammie: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Okay then I accept the alpha designation... grin

All of you in your hood should get the phone numbers of Area Commanders, Commisioners of Police, and DPOs closest to you if you are concerned about dealing directly with some compromised or creepy junior police officers.

If you are going to contact the
IRT Unit under the office of the IG in Abuja, first off you have to lodge a complaint in the nearest police station to you in Edo State.

DSP 'Tunji Disu (a top police professional) is the new Head
of the IRT Unit that has tackled
kidnappers in the past and rescued victims without any ransom being paid.

Log on to Google and type:
"Police IRT Unit contacts"

You'll get from the Google search a list of Websites and useful contacts of senior police officers from the www.npf.gov.ng and other sites.

All the best.
thanks baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Got Kidnapped by ekong655: 2:08am On Apr 19, 2022
sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Thief WANTED / Senegalese Man Arrested For Alleged Homosexual Act " Homo A Unnatural Act" / Sa Woman 'steals' Baby From Pregnant Woman. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.