Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert (47368 Views)

Agege Bread Advert: Your Sins Forgiven, CAN Tells Sterling Bank / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For Comparing Christ With Agege Bread / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by seyz91(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
With your 11k cheesy

You think say dem go miss you?
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by yrex01(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
Danniedpastor:

And yet you claim to be a religion of peace.
See how "peaceful" you are... Intolerant fellow.
peace for who want peace n violence for who root for it. rest
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by JAYUK(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nigerians and religion,the whites that brought Christianity to us are yet to see anything wrong with the advert, trust Nigerians they will blow this story out of proportion, countries that are not practising Christianity are developed,has a functional system,good governance,what do we Christians have,churches everywhere, poorest governance, poverty,bad roads etc,let's reason critically.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by EmmyDJourno: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
I don’t see anything wrong in this, I’m sure Jesus would not mind
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Omoluabi16(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
they will not try it with other religions. It is just utter blasphemy and I would say it is deliberate. What is so funny or witty about easter that ordinarily should call for sober reflections? I****!

3 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Christianity promote tolerance, if this were to be Muslims of the North... heads will roll because of dead ancestor undecided

2 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by AlphaTaikun: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://punchng.com/easter-apcon-to-sanction-sterling-bank-for-provocative-agege-bread-advert/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1650287538

Do these fanatical people know what a "metaphor" is at all?
Bread "rises" so its just a simple
metaphor NOT an insult.

Go and read up on the meaning
of a metaphor and you'll see it's
harmless. Even the bible is littered with metaphors and allegorical
statements.

Imagine the fanatical and very unprofessional outburst from the so-called APCON boss. APCON is supposed to be a professional body! Sterling Bank should take the case to court if APCON fines them.

From what I have read on this thread many folks have become
religious fanatics who do not
have the love of the Divine in them but practice hate while hiding under the cover of religion!

I even saw a post here where a chap stated that he'll withdraw his money from that bank. Lol.

Africans and Nigerians must receive sense by force or you'll remain at the bottom of global advancement.
Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by pancrowcash: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
I'm now convinced of the fact that people in politics wants Religion to spoil this country!
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by mozona(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
wait ooo wetin concern agege bread with sterling bank
na dem dey produce am

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by ictplotter(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
chiefolododo:
It is demonic to speak evil of sacred things.

But I have learnt that no matter how you value a person , if he is not regenerated, redeemed,washed in the blood, satan can enter him anytime

it was around this period satan entered Judas
You should then be grateful to satan who entered judas to betrayed jesus to death, before your sin wss forgiven by same jesus.
Why question is if satan hav refuse to enter judas to betray jesus, what have been the faith of christianity today?

2 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by simpleseyi: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
Creditalerts:
Like agege bread Mohammed never rose angry

Well, he rose like Ijebu Garri.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by favour32(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
Weyre dey handle social media handle.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by vikstandon(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
They were trying to imitate Access Bank that presented Jesus dying, to put away debt.

Since then...I don refuse to pay back my loan to Access Bank.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Angelfrost(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Christ rose from the dead... Agege bread rises within the oven!

Where is the wrongful comparison?!! Where is the blasphemy?!!

Nigerian government organizations and misplaced priorities!

Even Christ would have laughed it off!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by brightalo1010: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.
this one na church fanatic sounding as dumb as usual.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Candidlady: 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
RaptObserver:

A general reference to those local and cheap loafs of bread produced in almost every street corner in Nigeria. The appeal is the connection it has with the man on the street, its affordability and freshness.

Oh thank you very much.. so those breads without labels are called AGEGE bread?

So who/what is AGEGE
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by adolfHitler1934: 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Olasyke:
angry grin grin grin grin grin
The ad agency had atheists or progressive minded folks as workers.
By the way, I see nothing wrong with the ad.
I mean, Jesus rise every year? I don't understand. After he rises, would he go back to die and rise up again Easter next year?
For your mind you think you are smart, sensible and spoken well. You just as foolish as a fool.

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ethannathan:
Wow, ftc at last, dedicated to C Ronaldo's lost Child. My condolences to one of soccer GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo and Girlfriend
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by phemmyfour: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Administration1:
Of course they fvcked up,
who never fvcked up hands in the air,
No hands?

If the tables where turned i believe some Muslims would have razed all Sterling Bank buildings in Nigeria. This is from experience with the Charlie cartoon in France
Even their "I m sorry" message is provoking. It doesn't make sense adding the "casting the first stone" part

3 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by tonididdy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Tho I get the joke but there's no funny to it angry

What relation has a bank with bread?
Abe na flour bank dey sell now?
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Iamzik: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Na this news carry me come Nairaland.

Let me now calm down and read.

Modified:
Now I have read. It might be distasteful to some quite alright. But APCON should pumpi jare. It's not as bad as how I had expected it to be before reading. It's more or less a situation of a missed attempt at being funny rather than it being blasphemous.

It is actually blasphemous

The fact that Christians don't react violently like other religions is not a reason to take Christians for granted.

They should not disrespect people's religious belief in an attempt to sound savage. The olodo social media handler supposedly apologized by saying he who has not sinned should cast the first stone.... What an insult! Does that sound like someone who is truly sorry?

3 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by pancrowcash: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Asabe4:
I think sterling Bank deliberately put up controversial posts on every celebration.

For a country as "religious" as Nigeria,the Easter Post was poorly thought out.

Really...

In a democratic dispensation... Really!

Oh, I have forgotten.

Federal Republic of.... Banana Republic of...
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Nova1988(m): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Administration1:
Of course they fvcked up,
who never fvcked up hands in the air,
No hands?

If the tables where turned i believe some Muslims would have razed all Sterling Bank buildings in Nigeria. This is from experience with the Charlie cartoon in France

how do you compare using a cartoon mocking our beloved prophet(pbuh)n to using agege bread?
we're not even allowed to draw a picture of him, but they didn't even just draw a picture, they were mocking him. and they're now hiding under the guise of freedom of speech while they forgot they're limitations to freedom of speech. and fyi nobody razed any building.

note: I don't condone any acts of violence.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Festflor: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
How could you compare our Lord Saviour, The Lion of the tribe of Judea, to Agege bread.?
That's a travesty!

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by RaptObserver: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Candidlady:

Oh thank you very much.. so those breads without labels are called AGEGE bread?

So who/what is AGEGE

Yes o. And Agege is actually the name of a local government in Lagos state. It is a place that prides itself in having residents who are streetwise.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by phemmyfour: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Na this news carry me come Nairaland.

Let me now calm down and read.

Modified:
Now I have read. It might be distasteful to some quite alright. But APCON should pumpi jare. It's not as bad as how I had expected it to be before reading. It's more or less a situation of a missed attempt at being funny rather than it being blasphemous.
You don't joke or do comedy skit with people's faith. Holidays like june12, workers /independence day are there to joke with

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by pancrowcash: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kaysnow:
You can’t try this with Mohamed.

How many times has Jesus slap you for saying bad words!

Religion, tribalism and Nepotism is the bane of this country!

You wanna succeed in this country, you gat to use each and everyone of the FEATURES above, being listed!

You see dey are stifling creativity, if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
Reference:
But the Lord Jesus Christ is also known as the 'Bread of Life'.
Surely the Almighty will not be offended in that.
But modern day Christians are free to take offence.
Your understanding is darkened
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by historic: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sterling bank just sent a letter of apology to their customers.. received mine now..I guess they have come to their right senses
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
If they make this kind mistake with Muslim. Omo na my northern brother go start razing down every Access bank building
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Moscodee1990(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
No Wonder the Bank is dying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? / Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.