Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert (47359 Views)

Agege Bread Advert: Your Sins Forgiven, CAN Tells Sterling Bank / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For Comparing Christ With Agege Bread / CBN Threatens To Sanction BVN Violators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by luluosas(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
That's why we are Christians, not Muslims who are fanatics by nature. We move ahead jor

obstead200:
I am not a deeply religious person.

But this is definitely blasphemy and an insensitive derogation of the very foundation of the Christian faith. Islam would have spilled blood for this

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by alfarouq(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
I don't understand why everyone keeps shouting that if it were related to Islam, Mislims would have done this and that.
It just sounds like you are jealous that Muslims respect and revere their religion more than you do.

If you don't find adverts mocking or insulting people you hold in high esteem provocative, it is your problem not Muslims.

Stop trying to drag Islam and Muslims into it.

3 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Cantonese: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oluwapresley:
Na this news carry me come Nairaland.

Let me now calm down and read.

Modified:
Now I have read. It might be distasteful to some quite alright. But APCON should pumpi jare. It's not as bad as how I had expected it to be before reading. It's more or less a situation of a missed attempt at being funny rather than it being blasphemous.

Yes ooooo.

And I remember that your head is “more or less a situation of a missed attempt at being” agama lizard head like rather than it being bush rat head like.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by bizzibodi(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
I know say na headslammer do that advert under d nod of an headslammer MD.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Jephyard(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
Actually there is nothing wrong with the Sterling Bank Ad. It a metaphor. By the way I want to ask those who are throwing tantrum everywhere over this ad what is wrong with the ad exactly? Is it because Agege bread is cheap and almost everywhere in Lagos maybe Nigeria or if the handler should have used a more expensive bread or a foreign bread from Israel will guys will still be this angry over the ad because I am not getting it or because it cannot be done to Islam so you felt your religion is being disrespected, because no one has really explain why all the violence over an ad that aptly explain his resurrection.

Can someone please explain to me why we are angry over the bank ad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by thinkmoney(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.
This should be the reaction of Christians and goodwill muslims.
I have never even heard of that bank before
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Aremson14(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
what i cant understand is how this affects Muslims. Somehow u guys managed to drag Islam into this. Do u think its fair? Is this how "peaceful" people should behave

On the other hand why do Christians believe they are saints. I laugh in Swahili, go and check history and look at the atrocities committed by people in the name of Christianity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by ComeToJesus: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
Our Lord ate, broke, multiplied and shared bread. Stop militarizing Christianity. We ain't violent.

"God cannot be mocked" so says The Holy Book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Aremson14(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
monikulapo:

Honestly the Grammar is not necessary.
APCON is useless and Nigerians for the most part are stupid, taxpayers money is spent on this rubbish and naive gullible people are bringing up irrelevant conjectures.
Would you have the same opinion if a Bakery posted this ?
Read about Charlie Hebdo or other actual cases of humor done in bad taste before flexing irrelevant English and inciting unneeded hate.(FWIW it’s Islamophobia for assuming Islam would spill blood for it)

Mehn we at war with our minds, too many misdirected rage in this country. A flyer you should ordinarily just laugh and forget the bad joke.

U think its normal to blaspheme a people or u should laugh at it. My God this country is far gone
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
Proflere:
Lolz, do you celebrate birthday every year? After you have been born, do you enter your mother again every year to be birthed again to celbrate birthday?
I'm just curious bro, if Easter is Jesus's birthday like you said, then why do you celebrate Christmas again?

I mean, Jesus get two birthdays in a year? That's amazing.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by anselm791(m): 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Wait when did we Christians get this gaddam sensitive??
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by monikulapo: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
Aremson14:

U think its normal to blaspheme a people or u should laugh at it. My God this country is far gone

Look up what blasphemy means, Look up examples of blasphemy in the Bible, Look up examples of blasphemy in the secular world, think about the intention behind the post now look at your reaction ?
Consume contents to expand your knowledge not to get annoyed Abeg.

If the first emotion that you had was anger, and then you associated the image with blasphemy. Then my brother you are long gone. Nigeria’s education and economy has failed you. But you also failed yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by richmanrichard: 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
yrex01:
Christian is not any yeye religion that let any God fight anything, Christian tolerate nonsense and it's a home for nonsensical.
say muslims won't take it, yes we can never take it bcoz we don't tolerate nonsense
u ended up saying rubbish as usual

2 Likes

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by richmanrichard: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Do these fanatical people know what a "metaphor" is at all?
Bread "rises" so its just a simple
metaphor NOT an insult.

Go and read up on the meaning
of a metaphor and you'll see it's
harmless. Even the bible is littered with metaphors and allegorical
statements.

Imagine the fanatical and very unprofessional outburst from the so-called APCON boss. APCON is supposed to be a professional body! Sterling Bank should take the case to court if APCON fines them.

From what I have read on this thread many folks have become
religious fanatics who do not
have the love of the Divine in them but practice hate while hiding under the cover of religion!

I even saw a post here where a chap stated that he'll withdraw his money from that bank. Lol.

Africans must receive sense by
force or you'll remain at the
bottom of global advancement.
Period.

Metaphor kill you there

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by flamingREED(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
Reference:
But the Lord Jesus Christ is also known as the 'Bread of Life'.
Surely the Almighty will not be offended in that.
But modern day Christians are free to take offence.

That bread with yeast, a symbol of sin, and it's swelling, the supposed rising of Christ, do not in any way correctly portray the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by abeliver: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
useless APCON abi AFCON

what is the point now? like anything will change

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by richmanrichard: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Candidlady:

Oh thank you very much.. so those breads without labels are called AGEGE bread?

So who/what is AGEGE
nothing special about Agege. Na worst type of bread you would ever see in lagos. No labels, no nafdac no, no anything. Lagos poor man's bread.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Revolva(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sometimes I wonder if Jesus de rise and go back to death every year

All dese Easter Xmas and any religious celebrations na just cruise so let sterling bank cruise

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2022
Very foolish of them. All Christians/ Churches should withdraw their money from them.
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Prettychild(f): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Jesus is agege bread....
He is NOT!

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Dueprince: 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2022
one Islamic bank like that

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Panda7(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
the agege bread could be a significant of the easter passover. Jesus gave his body as bread to his disciples and wine as his blood.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by ShedrachU(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
Nothing wrong with this advert, it's copywriting at its best!

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Dueprince: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
one Islamic Banking Subsidiary like that
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by techWriter3: 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
dumb and insensitive advert
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by sonofElElyon: 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sterling bank not Sterling after all
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Misterone: 11:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by ken045501: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2022
Goto Ronaldo’s page pls or the girlfriend page . We have serious things to talk about here than Ronaldo
Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by IbomFinest: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2022
Asabe4:
I think sterling Bank deliberately put up controversial posts on every celebration.

For a country as "religious" as Nigeria,the Easter Post was poorly thought out.
Could have been a handwork of one Yoruba Muslims.
Always looking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For ‘Provocative’ Agege Bread Advert by Basicend: 12:31am On Apr 19, 2022
englishmart:
First thing tomorrow, I will head to the nearest sterling bank, withdraw my last 11k and then close the useless account.
Nonsense.

Guy calm down na. . I never make mistake before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Vs Dollar: A Picture With Deep Meaning. / GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.