Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 (30465 Views)

One Of These Rats Must Have Bitten My Friend (Photo) / Man Narrowly Escapes Being Bitten By A Cobra In Toilet In Delta State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by nurez305(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2022
kernniejay:

Yes o, cockroaches bite a lot. I remember when i was a little boy, there was a night i did not wash my hand properlly after eating a swallow food with delicious soup my mom cooked, in the mid night, cockroaches came to feast on my fingers and it was the pain that woke me, very excrutiating pain.
That is rat and not roaches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Sebbs(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2022
Very disgusting animal. Smells like shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2022
kernniejay:

Yes o, cockroaches bite a lot. I remember when i was a
little boy, there was a night i did not wash my hand
properlly after eating a swallow food with delicious soup
my mom cooked, in the mid night, cockroaches came to
feast on my fingers and it was the pain that woke me,
very excrutiating pain.
Those were rats not roaches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2022
RB1330:

Buy GUN, Or all those Anti Aircraft Guns abi Wetin dem de call them
Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2022
This one u guys are saying u hate the insect, can u guys survive in a jungle?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2022
morikee:

A humbler of all women
This one can make woman hug you tight free of charge

grin
Guy man, as if masquerade is pursuing her and she sees a strongman and ran to him and hold him tight and masquerade will be gone at sight immediately. I grab, the happiness, smiles etc Back to d topic : Those females that do claim feminist; deal with them with cockroaches!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Hallabee1(m): 11:03am On Apr 19, 2022
OBALOLA55:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘THE FLYING ONES?

Aje...

Am just hearing for the first time that there are some species that fly, while some dont....

Inside life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by tweakdude1: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2022
IntrovertedHuman:
Cockroach dey bite?

Very well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by TJWR: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2022
And rats

nonut:
I hate roaches and snakes with Passion. I don't think there's anything I hate more. I'd rather have all the animals in my home, than see this two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by edward1106(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2022
OBALOLA55:
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE NON-FLYING ROACHES SIR

Let's help him by saying the ones yet to reach maturity. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Kimiso(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Sucre6:

Some species of cockroaches flies, don't you know?
all cockroaches fly
Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by cl0r0x: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2022
The Necato Americanus cool
Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Positiveme2020: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
akpunda86:

They all fly.mostly crawl but in danger mode fly away.

Two years now never see roaches in my house,secret I bought enuff concentrated ammonia 4 liters plus snake fluid mixed togeda and flushed down the septic tank,many that managed to escape died around.
Since then is a treatment I do every six months.

Once a roach passes across my noise while sleeping I wake like they got an offensive irritating odour,worst pest
Please , where can I get the Ammonia And the snake fluid. I will appreciate the picture of the containers so I can get it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Dreamliner787(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2022
Crockcoaches are the only insect I hate so much..
You see all those ones wey dey fly ehnn, dem don attain P.hd and professorship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by FBIBOT(m): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2022
I don't think they bite bt scratch the skin with their legs... They make buzzing sound while in flight... They also have very disgusting stench... I can smell them without seeing them once I step into a room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by allybee(f): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2022
Guest911:
my dear, their wings are for flying, but they rather hide. So they crawl to somewhere dark/hidden
google is your friend
Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Kingsean(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
Guest911:
They all fly grin

not all cockroaches can fly. they undergo incomplete metamorphosis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
Yeah they must be cutting things like a razor, I noticed ripe mangoes I once let out in a cockroach infested house would overnight develop straight line cuts from the cockroaches.
Come think about sometimes I got similar cuts on my skin and be wondering how I scratched myself without realising, and it is just occuring to me that it may be cockroach that sliced my skin.

My dislike of these insects just increased. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Kingsean(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2022
Shyboyk:

I think every species flies it’s just that they do it when they are matured enough I.e a roach can’t fly unless it’s matured enough and have strong wings

not all cockroaches grow to the big size. some remain small and won't be able to fly. if you have studied cockroaches closely, you'll notice some smaller ones that lay eggs too. the color of the egg is usually brown or orange as opposed to the black eggs of the big ones. those small ones won't grow bigger. they are adults already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by officialfestus(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
nonut:
Millipedes ain't snakes, though it gives me the chills.
I prefer snakes to millipedes.
Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Oceanjagaban: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
The only time some girls fit hug you tight na when them see cockroach dey fly around them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Emdebby2: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
morikee:

A humbler of all women

grin
So funny but true...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Proudlyomonna: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
Guest911:

They all fly grin

No not all species of cockroaches fly.
So are not good flyers while some don't fly at all.
They fly when temperatures exceed 85 degrees, that's when we typically see flying cockroaches, with some species actually gliding rather than flying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by osejie17(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
MrAAA2:

Find out about the German roaches. They typically don't fly, stubborn and difficult to get rid of. I will prefer the American roaches to the German 'Hitler' roaches.
what about nigerian roaches? I guess those ones are like buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by akpunda86: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Please , where can I get the Ammonia And the snake fluid. I will appreciate the picture of the containers so I can get it. Thanks

Look for the chemical market in your area ,there are different kinds of snake pesticide as all have pungent smell.Note I used the ammonia for Roaches and the snake pesticide for snakes just incase.but worked perfectly well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Babaflenjor: 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2022
Cockroaches do bites, I was in shagamu last month to monitor my maize farm I slept in an hotel at Isiun and this cockroach climb the bed and bite me, I av been nursing it since last month now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Muna400(f): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
[quote author=morikee post=112079108]
A humbler of all women

grin[it's wall gecko oo.. Dat one is beyond irritating
]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by ikorodureporta: 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
Cockroach dey bite o...those small ones wey dey multiply like witch...if dem invade the sofa wey you dey sleep, na like bed bugs dem go dey suck you everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Ojoabidemi9(m): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
They (small ones) are currently disturbing my room and I have used different insecticides but didn't work. Any other means to get rid of them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by Shyboyk(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Kingsean:

not all cockroaches grow to the big size. some remain small and won't be able to fly. if you have studied cockroaches closely, you'll notice some smaller ones that lay eggs too. the color of the egg is usually brown or orange as opposed to the black eggs of the big ones. those small ones won't grow bigger. they are adults already

That’s true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Bitten By A Cockroach Before?11 by LaSenior: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
Google is your friend

Cockroaches bites and the bites turns into ringworms

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Human-like Behaviors In Animals / 9-Year-Old Emmanuelle Oziofu Develops A Food Website (Photo) / The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.