Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa (260 Views)

House Of Reps Aspirant, Barr. Morah Salutes Muslims At Holy Month Of Ramadan / AD Presidential Aspirant Promises To Jail Buhari ,36 Govs,vows To Stop Pension A / Governorship Aspirant Promises Eternal Life To His People In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa by JasonEkanem: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
A former Chairman of Yola North Local Government area, Hon Hon Mahmood Mamman Abba Asta who is aspiring to represent Yola North, Yola South and Girei Federal Constituency in the National Assembly says he will raise 20,000 self sustaining businesses, facilitate the creation of a cottage industries cluster and at least two functional Tech hub in our Federal Constituency, this will kickstart a process of making our Federal Constituency a hub of Tech skills and Freelancing support base for our young people.

Hon Mahmood Mamman who shared his declaration speech on his Facebook page said he has ensured the provision of six transformers and road projects to communities in the past, and will sponsor bills and motions for the collective improvement of the wellbeing of the people of the Federal Constituency.

Full text of the declaration speech:
A message of Declaration of Aspiration, and the assurance of HOPE

PROTOCOL,

- Leaders, Members, and Congress delegates of our party,
- Political stakeholders
- Citizens and residents of our Federal Constituency
- Youths and Women
- Press and members of the fourth estate,

Let me begin by thanking you and all my supporters for choosing to be part of a historical journey for us, for posterity and for generations yet unborn. Thank you for your readiness to chart a course of HOPE in the face of challenges and political uncertainties. This is an assurance that we are ready for progress, ready for a paradigm shift and set for sustainable development. Today is about everyone of us, our children and the future that lies ahead of us.

Today, I am declaring with courage, commitment and with a sense of humility my intention to lead and represent our Federal Constituency by the will of God. To be a voice for the people of Yola North, Yola South and Girei in the Green chamber of the National assembly. I wish to state boldly my aspiration to bring hope of better opportunities for the young people, hope of a better welfare for the aged and bring to birth an era of sustainable development.

My decision is borne out of the conviction that my passion for service, undeniable capacity and experiences in the past, coupled with your unalloyed support will mark a begining of a journey to a prosperous future.

As a people, residents and citizens of our Federal Constituency, we face numerous challenges that can only be surmounted by leadership that is intentional, people oriented and passionate about change.

As a civil servant who worked with the Ministry of Lands and Survey, who went further to become a public servant having served as a Local Government Chairman and with records of working in the private sector, I feel the heartbeat and yearnings of our people, and have garnered experiences of the needs of our people, the peculiarities of our Federal Constituency and the prospects of a better future.

Today I urge you to join me in bringing hope to our people. I seek for the support of our dear party and the votes of our delegates to be the candidate of the APC during the 2023 National Assembly election of our Federal Constituency and to lead us into a tenure that will pay rapt attention to the things that will bring us Sustainable Development.

As a Child who was born and raised in Jimeta, and who has lived and worked in Yola, my experiences have shaped my leadership style of service, and guilded me to meet the needs of my people at every point.

It is worthy to mention the Construction of storm water canal at Wuro Kuturu Jambutu Jimeta Bye pass and rehabilitation of Hand pumps across Local Government areas of our Federal Constituencies as part of initiatives borne out of my commitment in ensuring that the standard of living of our people is improved.

The modification and expansion of Yola North Local Government Secretariat was done under my watch as the Chairman of the council, and was at the last stage of completion when I left office

In ensuring the provisions of basic amenities in the past, I ensured the provisions of the following;

1. Motorized borehole in Wuro Hausa Yola
2. Motorized borehole in Nassarawo Lumokoffi
3. Motorized borehole in Hullere
4. Motorized borehole at gwadabawa ward Jimeta
5. Solar borehole at Girei
6. Solar Borehole at Damare Polo Yola
7. Borehole at Dafuru Street

In the area of Power and electricity to support business owners and household usage, I ensured the provisions of;

1. Transformer at Majalisa Street Jimeta Yola
2. Transformer at Yelwa Kofar Gidan Yidi
3. Transformer Yelwa Near Palace
4. Transformer at Bayan Road Safety
5. Transformer at Net City
6. Transformer near Betola Hotel

Over the years, I have understood the place of sustainable empowerment in youth and community development, and this has always been the inspiration behind facilitating jobs and opportunities for our youth. Some of these are:

1. Facilitating youth empowerment through the Federal Government Special Project Work (SPW) where
I secured for,
- Yola North 60 people
- Yola South 60 people
- Girei 60 people
- Fufure 40 people

Other Local Government area were Song, Gombi, Hong and Maiha.

In the past, I have facilitated jobs and appointments in Federal establishments including the Federal Road Safety Corp, Nigerian Immigration Service, Nigerian Customs and the Nigerian Police force.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1412230212524329&id=100012120905853

Re: 2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa by JasonEkanem: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
To support our passionate entrepreneurs and owners of Small and Medium scale Enterprise (SMEs), I facilitated business funds for over thirty people through The Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL Plc).

Over the years, I had perfectly understood that education plays a critical role in training our young people to be key players in both Public and private sectors, hence I secured International Scholarship for our Youth to study Maritime and another STEM related programs, including the less privileged.

I have also ensured the empowerment of our Youths and women through the National Directorate on Employment (NDE).

In addition to training over 40 youths in Technology related skills, and donation of start-up support, I have provided medical equipment and drugs in our Federal Constituency, as well as make provisions for the construction of a complete Poultry Processing plant. These were not only an expression of my commitment to the people, but demonstration of vigour when saddled with responsibilities from the people.

In road construction, we have the following ongoing road projects I facilitated:

1. Road construction at Majalisa street which we'll be doing the flag up tomorrow
2. Road construction at Mahmoud asta street Bayan kasuwan buhu
3. Road construction samenaka
4. Road construction at lekki taba street Jimeta
5. Road construction at tambo
6. Road construction at jera Bakari and Jera Bonyo.

When elected, I will continue vigorously in ensuring job creation, empowerment and appointments for our people. I will partner Federal establishments, Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) and multinational corporations in capacity building for our young people and relevant skills programs.

Over the years, the Small and Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs) have been the dependable backbone of our economy, and through policies and provisions of funds and technical supports we will raise at least 20,000 self sustaining Businesses in our first tenure, these businesses will in turn create jobs and generate revenue both for our entrepreneurs and our government. I will facilitate the creation of cottage industries cluster to boost our macro-economy.

For the first time in our State, we will be pursing career internship and employability program to make sure that unemployment is confronted and decimated. I will continue facilitating International scholarships for our students and payment of bursary to students in our higher institutions. I will partner both Government agencies like the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and private sectors players to build at least two functional Tech hub in our Federal Constituency, this will kickstart a process of making our Federal Constituency a hub of Tech skills and Freelancing support base for our young people.

With policies making being the core of the duties of a member of parliament, I will sponsor bills and motions for the collective improvement of the wellbeing of our people. I will be proactive in taking issues bothering us to the National Assembly, and performing oversight functions in those regards also.

We will intensify the fight against insecurity and terrorism by putting serious demands on the Federal Government, ensuring our galant armed men are supported with operational weapons and improved welfare.

As your representative, I will be intentional about developing the Agriculture sector, improving crop yield and making our food chain effective for job creation and revenue generation. I will ensure annual provisions of high yield seedlings and farming inputs. Our Federal Constituency will be a center for dairy products production, procession and export.

We will establish Entrepreneurial development centers for mentorship and business incubation, and will explore our vast social networks to facilitate start-up funds for the trained entrepreneurs.

To increase Federal presence in our constituency, I will sponsor a bill for the establishment of a functional center to fight desertification and monitor climate change in our Federal Constituency.

I will ensure budgetary allocation and implementation of Federal road projects in our Constituency.
We will advocate for the building of a substation within our Federal constituency to improve the power situation and to boost electricity available for businesses.

We will pay attention to healthcare, rural education and grassroots development by pushing for provisions of conducive learning environments and school buildings, provisions of text books and learning materials; construction of health facilities and provisions of drugs, and construction of markets.

As your House of Representatives member, I will take up petitions from our retirees whose gratuities have been delayed and present them to relevant agencies and committees.

As much as we will pay utmost attention to governance, I will not fail to empower our political stakeholders, youth and women of our political party who are doing enough in sustaining our highly priced democracy.

I will be a representative for everyone including those in the diasporas, and we will encourage them to come home and invest to grow our economy, as we will ensure the safety of their Start-ups. The vulnerable and less privileged will not be left out, as we will initiate programs to raise them out of poverty.

This is my message of HOPE, and pledge that I will serve as member representing Yola North, Yola South and Girei Federal Constituency with commitment and dedication!

Hon Mahmood Mamman Abba Asta (Cigari Jimeta) for Member Representing Yola North, Yola South and Girei Federal Constituency

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1412230212524329&id=100012120905853

Re: 2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2022
Reading a clearly defined declaration speech is far better than listening to a 79 year old man who said his aspiration for Presidency is a lifetime aspiration wink wink

This is someone who has stated his impacting achievements, and what he will do for his people.
Re: 2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa by Parachoko: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Best of luck to him
Re: 2023; Reps Aspirant Promises Tech Hub, Industries Cluster In Adamawa by JasonEkanem: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
Cc: Lalasticlala
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Contesting Any Election~pastor Reuben. Sues For Peace And Unity Amongst / Nigeria Would Have Been Worst Than Afghanistan Without Buhari – Ayade / Pdp Akwa Ibom Chapter Supports Minister Of Niger Delta Affairs For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.