Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Blessing Okoro Stands Up To Be Counted By Tony Ademiluyi - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blessing Okoro Stands Up To Be Counted By Tony Ademiluyi (120 Views)

"I Am Not The Amaka Okoro Governor Obaseki Declared Wanted In Edo" - Lady Cries / Coronavirus: Amaka Okoro Wanted In Edo By Governor Obaseki / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blessing Okoro Stands Up To Be Counted By Tony Ademiluyi by tonyluyi1985: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2022
The death of Osinachi Nwachukwu, the popular Gospel artiste whose hit song ‘Ekwueme’ rocked the airwaves and was a must play in churches brings to the fore the issue of female domestic violence.

There is a nexus between domestic violence whether physical, emotional or psychological and mental health challenges. A victim of domestic violence in a marriage would most likely have mental illness.

It was revealed that Osinachi actually walked out of her marriage for about a year before being prevailed upon by some pastors to return which some people like Frank Edwards say was responsible for her death.

Popular relationship therapist, Blessing Okoro recently shared her horrible experience in her abusive marriage with her former husband. In her words: “Memory lane ….
So funny how I feel absolutely nothing watching this video
Lucky it feels good to write about you again after 12 years ..
2009 5th December.

“It’s been 12 years of my divorce .
You might be wondering why I am posting this after a long long time, i am posting because I want to show you how the men who hit women look like, they don’t always look like osinachis husband, they come in different package .

“Can you believe this innocent guy was the one I talked about for years now, yes he is the famous ex that took away my youth at 15 years and abused me.

“@josie_de_xii witnessed the beating a day to my wedding this day, he beat me in front of everybody.

“My kid sister @da_yan0 witnessed the day he beat me to coma, 2 weeks after our wedding, he was beating my lifeless body .My sister still have that fear till now .

“I heard he is married and still hitting his current wife, anyways that is her decision . Domestic violence is not a joke, this man here abused me to the point that I divorced him at 21 and I feel I did not punish him enough. I am posting this for him to reply me or say jack let me sue him for abuse and molestation .

“For 5 years you have not paid one kobo on your sons head, I needed people who know you to know You are that ex .

“Lucky I now have a voice, you knew I was going to be big and that was your greatest fear, but I am �.

“The death of osinachi brought back the rage and anger. Anyways it’s all over now and I am free .

“PS ,, see me smiling like goat but you no go know say them slap me that morning and a night to this morning .

“What did you do blessingceo that made this cute man beat you up, nothing, absolutely noting he just love the innocent vulnerable little gal. He was 13 years older than me oooo.

Many of her critics have questioned her competence in being a relationship coach when her marriage hit the rocks. Now we know better as it is better to be a divorcee and alive than to be dead in the name of keeping up appearances of being married. Osinachi may have lived assuming the allegations of wife battery was true if she had maintained her stance when she took a walk despite the pressure on her to come back to her matrimonial home. The video that surfaced of her innocent children praying for her not to die on her last birthday and the terrible stories her children told the media about her incessant battery by her hubby leaves even the stone-hearted with tears in their eyes.

Celebrities with their star power can condemn female and even male domestic violence. We recall that popular OAP, Ifedayo Olarinde a.k.a Daddy Freeze shocked the world when he said that he was a victim of domestic violence.

Blessing Okoro took a bold step in sharing her heart wrenching story with the world and other celebrities in abusive marriages or relationships should follow suit so that the already high cases of mental health in the nation wouldn’t be further exacerbated.

Blessing may have her fair share of controversies as she is one of the most trolled celebrities online but her decision to openly share her ugly experiences with domestic violence is highly commendable.

Women – the fairer sex ought to be protected from beasts who prowl around town masquerading as lovers or husbands. Women go through a lot and their mental health needs to be adequately protected if we are to develop as a nation and reach our potential.

Many more celebrities especially women should lend their voice to the condemnation of women battery and they should also prevent this from affecting the next generation by raising their boys to be lovers and defenders of women rather than seeing them as boxing objects.

While I condemn Will Smith’s slapping of Chris Rock at the last Oscar Awards, he showed his love for his wife Jada Pinkett Smith even though he went too far by his assault of the popular comedian. Men should stand up for and protect their wives rather than batter them.

Blessing Okoro has lent her loud voice to the discourse; I hope other celebrities and even ordinary women follow suit so that together we can build a more humane and compassionate society which shows unbridled love for the vulnerable and weak.

Popular Nollywood actress once said she was scared of marriage because divorce was something she vehemently loathed. She can lend her voice to the growing trend of female domestic violence even though not from a personal experience but because she is one of Africa’s biggest global arts exports. She is the only Nigerian actress to have featured on the defunct one of the world’s most watched shows – Oprah Winfrey’s show.

Chika Ike was allegedly a victim of domestic violence; she can shed more light on it and make her experience public as a way of using star power to effectively solving age-long societal challenges.

Blessing Okoro a big thumbs up!

SOURCE: https://africavoiceshq.com/2022/04/17/blessing-okoro-stands-up-to-be-counted-by-tony-ademiluyi/

(1) (Reply)

World’s First Malaria Vaccine Deployed To Millions In Africa / *your Dentist Is Here Again* / Who Wants To Quickly And Safely Burn Body Fat And Reduce Body Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.