Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager (25220 Views)

Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / Real Madrid Re-Appoints Zinedine Zidane As Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by FireUpNow(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
flejnr2:
E go still fail na maguire una need sell to Enugu rangers
And over rated Paul Pogba ((Pauli por por)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
zinaunreal:
Another failure
you wish
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by mattmogan88: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gudridance:
you wish

Don't mind him
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by nesgeeek(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Congratulations to Manchester utd. pls Ten hag take note of Maguire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by mattmogan88: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
I don't know why Chelshit fans are so pained about the manager. make una relax, the Coach won't take over till next season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
dimexy247:
grin. Welcome to the theatre of dreams boss.
Please take note to sell the following carpenters disguising as players;

Maguire
Pogba
Bissaka
Mata
Matic
Rashford
Shaw
Lingard
Greenwood
Telles
Dalot
Fred
........infact sell the whole squad but leave these ones;
Sancho
Ronaldo
De Gea
Varane
Lindelof
Van De Beek
Mactominay
Martial
Elanga
Baily
who go come remain oo!
abi u wan collect?
grin

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Omotosho1090905(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Good move but I hope they are not expecting him to perform wonders in his first season sha because this is a coach that will look to rebuild the team with young players and don't be surprised if he decides to overhaul aging players. Van Der Beek would be the most pleased with the announcement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by kozmicity: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
dimexy247:

Maguire
Pogba
Bissaka
Mata
Matic
Rashford
Shaw
Lingard
Greenwood
Telles
Dalot
Fred
Sancho
Ronaldo
De Gea
Varane
Lindelof
Van De Beek
Mactominay
Martial
Elanga
Baily

Let them leave shaw, bissaka and fred... Possibly lingard too.

I think bissaka should be converted into a centreback. He is good as a defender but not as an attacker.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by mattmogan88: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bigchristo:
Manager is not really the problem of Manchester United they need to sack some players that a sabotaging the efforts of others, people like Miguire not supposed Dey our team again na wasted money

Its very obvious. A lot of clean up needs to be done ,if not, na same old story.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=kozmicity post=112146778]

Let them leave shaw, bissaka and fred... Possibly lingard too.

I think bissaka should be converted into a centreback. He is good as a defender but not as an attacker. [/quote]wan bissaka doesn't know how to play football, he should the 1st on the list to be sold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by bahaushe1: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
flejnr2:

There are MANY players to be SOLD. I am sure the club understand that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by enonche85(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Larrysung:
I wish they had gone for pochetino

lol....why u hate man u like this? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by monex(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
dimexy247:

Maguire
Pogba
Bissaka
Mata
Matic
Rashford
Shaw
Lingard
Greenwood
Telles
Dalot
Fred
Sancho
Ronaldo
De Gea
Varane
Lindelof
Van De Beek
Mactominay
Martial
Elanga
Baily

i will sell Mctominay ahead of fred. Mctominay does not know the basics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by VEHINTOLAR: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Not only TEN,even TWENTY won't be able to save Man U as long as some over hyped mumus like Maguire, Rashford,Pogba,etc are still in that team. It will take more than hiring a TEN to revive the fortune of that team. The team has to be overhauled in which lots of tired legs have to go and new bloods injected into the team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by zinaunreal(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gudridance:
you wish

Go win make we dey look
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Ximenez(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
mattmogan88:
I don't know why Chelshit fans are so pained about the manager. make una relax, the Coach won't take over till next season.

It doesn't matter, he's not half as good as mou or van Gaal.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Soso990240(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
flejnr2:
This man will Sell Wire-Wire or leave am for bench. I believe he has some level of freedom in his contract, he can drop or use any player without the fear of "na England player oo"
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by mattmogan88: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ximenez:

It doesn't matter, he's not half as good as mou or van Gaal.

First of all, i don't do comparison, everyone is unique in his own way.

Don't judge people before you get to know them. That Mr A and B failed doesn't mean that Mr C will fail. I hope you understand.

Everything get expiry date, i believe Ten Hag will turn things around but i know the man is not a magician, its gonna take some time.
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
mattmogan88:
Manchester United is delighted to announce the appointment of Erik ten Hag as Men’s First Team Manager, subject to work visa requirements, from the end of this season until June 2025, with the option to extend for a further year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1517083257539637248?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

A good decision for a change!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Welcome on board.

In order for the manager to succeed many of the players like Maguire, Bissaka, Baily, Rashford et al need been weeded out of the club

Massive clear out obviously and sorely needed!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by mattmogan88: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
Not only TEN,even TWENTY won't be able to save Man U as long as some over hyped mumus like Maguire, Rashford,Pogba,etc are still in that team. It will take more than hiring a TEN to revive the fortune of that team. The team has to be overhauled in which lots of tired legs have to go and new bloods injected into the team.

That's what is expected of him, if not na same old story.

My expectations are not that high for now.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kestolove:
May he succeed

AMEN! That is if the clueless board backs the manager over the players unlike before!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Indispensable85:

This sounds like good news. His first job should be to sell off maguire biko.

Abi nau! Make that arrogant dolt come back to earth from his high horse!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Majesty33:
They should allow him offload useless players like Maguire, Pogba, Martial, JONES, Infact half of the team players needs to leave my darling club so that we can experience progress like other clubs.

Abi
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
Bar1941:

ETH is better, with the caliber of players Poch has in PSG he couldn't do much, if ManU has similar set of players he may fail here too. Diego Simeone seems better, anyway goodluck to ETH.

You can say that again bro! Pochettino is not that good anymore like before!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
minasu190:
Welcome Ten,i hope manchester united boards would let you do your jobs without dictating for you.

That is what we hope so too o!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
maxiart2:
I was expecting United to go for Zidane.

His wife wasn't in support! If not, he will definitely have been the manager already. He was my choice too but we have to go for the best of the available!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Because the only thing lacking in United's dressing room is a competent coach. We have the players. I mean quality players. Since Sir. Alex's departure, all those who have been appointed by the club were not worth the opportunity. In Ten, you can see a serial winner!

The team doesn't have quality players! Sorry to debunk this!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Moredays78(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
With Ten Hag, I see a new hope and new change, but the change won't be so quick, he needs some time to adapt and knw the exact players to use and d ones to get rid of,
In all, we need to be patient with him to give us the lost glory we once deserved.
Welcome Eric Ten Tag .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by yemi1504: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gudridance:
F**k pochetino, Hag is my choice

Me too!
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by zomu(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Who is happier on the wedding day? The bride or groom
Re: Manchester United Appoints Erik Ten Hag As Manager by Athemisia: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Roniyke1234:
Welcome TEN
Hmm... This one way Man UTD don go bring Ben10 come so... undecided ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekong: They Told Me I Wasn’t Good Enough For The Premier League / Cristiano Ronaldo: "2018 Best Year Of My Career" / Ethiopian Athlete, Sintayehu Legese Wins Lagos City Marathon Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.