Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections (308 Views)

Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets / Cows Are More Important Than Nigerians’ Lives - Ortom Fires Back At Garba Shehu / Gumi To Nigerians: PVC Is More Important Than Intn'l Passport Or Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by gidgiddy: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Restructuring: The unbundling of the enormous powers the government at the centre has so that the component units of the country, state or region, are in control of their resources, human or natural. When you are controlling your own resources, you are your own man. When someone else controls your resources, you are a slave

2. New Constitution: Nigeria needs a brand new constitution and not the fraudulent 1999 constitution that General Abdulsalami wrote in his bedroom. It is sacrilegious that as diverse as Nigeria is, one person will be President, head of government and commander in Chief of the armed forces. These three positions should be held by three different people. The ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria must come together and renagotiate the terms of engagement, and draw up a constitution that represents the wishes and aspirations of the people

3. The national question:

As everyone knows, Nigeria is but a creation of the British. The word "Nigeria" was created in London. Since 1914 that Nigeria was created, the national question has always been there. Do the ethnic nationalities the British brought together in 1914 still want to continue that journey together or do some of them want to pull out and go it alone? No enforced unity is a real union and it is bound to continually cause indefinite problems. The national question should be put to rest by way of referendum particularly to the ethnic nationalities that are restive.

Without resolving these three points, Nigeria is heading no where, no matter who gets elected to what position in 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by RuggedBiafran: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
BIAFRA....Simple and Short.

I cant stay in the same space with OWO-MI-DA PIGs and almajiri miscreant terrorist supporters.

Unknown to you, Nigeria has crossed the threshold for restructuring ...its now total disintergration...so that all man will face their warrant!

The unity begging has never being for love and unity, its just for wealth aggrandizement and oppression of the downtrodden.

The election in Anambra state shows that IGBO/BIAFRA can get it right when they want to vote for their leaders!!...People that have dementia and pee-poo on themselves can never be leaders in BIAFRA, Simple!

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
gidgiddy:
Restructuring: The unbundling of the enormous powers the government at the centre has so that the component units of the country, state or region, are in control of their resources, human or natural. When you are controlling your own resources, you are your own man. When someone else controls your resources, you are a slave

2. New Constitution: Nigeria needs a brand new constitution and not the fraudulent 1999 constitution that General Abdulsalami wrote in his bedroom. It is sacrilegious that as diverse as Nigeria is, one person will be President, head of government and commander in Chief of the armed forces. These three positions should be held by three different people. The ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria must come together and renagotiate the terms of engagement, and draw up a constitution that represents the wishes and aspirations of the people

3. The national question:

As everyone knows, Nigeria is but a creation of the British. The word "Nigeria" was created in London. Since 1914 that Nigeria was created, the national question has always been there. Do the ethnic nationalities the British brought together in 1914 still want to continue that journey together or do some of them want to pull out and go it alone? No enforced unity is a real union and it is bound to continually cause indefinite problems. The national question should be put to rest by way of referendum particularly to the ethnic nationalities that are restive.

Without resolving these three points, Nigeria is heading no where, no matter who gets elected to what position in 2023

I actually agree with you for once. Your points are valid but I will add that regionalism is the way forward.

We take our political system directly from the USA but we reject aspects of their system that has helped USA become a land of opportunity where people are rewarded for their talent, ability, hardwork and desire to be successful.

For example, whereas the USA has State policing, we reject it.

Where the States of the USA have their own constitutions and total control over administrative policies and socio-economic direction, the opposite is the case with Nigeria where we deal with FG socio-economic 'imprisonment' over a lot of processes they should keep their hands off for the greater good.

To be honest, and regardless of our differences, if every well-meaning Nigerian can keep insisting on pivotal and transformational reforms, we will give ourselves the chance to create a Nigeria where those who are sincere, hardworking and desirous of progress can actually get what they want.
Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by topoftheworld(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
I agree with U boss, but this our selfish leaders doesn't look in that directions.
Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by BSdetective: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
I agree with you on 1 and 2. Honestly I would willingly sacrifice a Yoruba presidency for a restructured Nigeria if presented with the options.
Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
BSdetective:
I agree with you on 1 and 2. Honestly I would willingly sacrifice a Yoruba presidency for a restructured Nigeria if presented with the options.

Me too. Anytime and anyday. Yet I know, for obvious reasons, the sort of comprehensive restructuring we want cannot come under a Northerner.

It can only be delivered under a Southerner. Not just any Southerner either. A formidable, authoritative and sagacious Southerner with real intrinsic power plus universal goodwill and support.

I won't lie, this is the main reason I am supporting a Tinubu Presidency. I am sure this is also the reason Buhari and some powers that be oppose a Tinubu presidency.

They view him a man genuinely powerful and influential enough to deliver change that will threaten their interests.

Still, change can only ever be delayed and not denied. In that regard, I am sure Nigeria has no option but to change for the better by the time world events, beyond our control, start to reset the default selfish outlook of some leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
RuggedBiafran:
BIAFRA....Simple and Short.

I cant stay in the same space with OWO-MI-DA PIGs and almajiri miscreant terrorist supporters.

Unknown to you, Nigeria has crossed the threshold for restructuring ...its now total disintergration...so that all man will face their warrant!

The unity begging has never being for love and unity, its just for wealth aggrandizement and oppression of the downtrodden.

The election in Anambra state shows that IGBO/BIAFRA can get it right when they want to vote for their leaders!!...People that have dementia and pee-poo on themselves can never be leaders in BIAFRA, Simple!

Who want to share the same country with ipig?I'm sure you are typing this from kaduna or Kano.

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by gidgiddy: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
BSdetective:

3 is important because if you are in the same country with people who dont want to be with you, you will be fighting forever until you allow that person to go his way
Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
@OP.

Below is another example of my argument. We copy the USA political system more or less verbatim.

Yet look, at the 419 scam, in comparison to the reality of the USA below, we have made of our own VAT collection so that richer and more productive States can keep subsiding other States who always fail to do the right thing and do not wish to be modern or tolerant such as those who destroy alcohol but have no qualms recieving VAT derived from. Alcohol sales and consumption elsewhere.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/valueaddedtax.asp

Does the United States Have a Value-Added Tax (VAT)?

No, the United States has no VAT. The federal government raises money primarily through the income tax system. The states and local governments establish and collect their own sales taxes. Local governments rely primarily on property

1 Like

Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by BSdetective: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dsalvo:

Me too. Anytime and anyday. Yet I know, for obvious reasons, the sort of comprehensive restructuring we want cannot come under a Northerner.

It can only be delivered under a Southerner. Not just any Southerner either. A formidable, authoritative and sagacious Southerner with real intrinsic power plus universal goodwill and support.

I won't lie, this is the main reason I am supporting a Tinubu Presidency. I am sure this is also the reason Buhari and some powers that be oppose a Tinubu presidency.

They view him a man genuinely powerful and influential enough to deliver change that will threaten their interests.

Still, change can only ever be delayed and not denied.

You summed up my thoughts.
Re: Three Things That Are More Important Than The 2023 Elections by BSdetective: 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
gidgiddy:

3 is important because if you are in the same country with people who dont want to be with you, you will be fighting forever until you allow that person to go his way

3 is important but I don't agree with it because of it's difficulty and if it's really realistic but on the occasion that an option for a 6 six state Oduduwa republic presents itself I'd gladly accept it with open arms.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Does Not Believe In Nigeria? / I Am Declaring For President Too / Fayose Praying For Bisi K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.