Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help (38651 Views)

94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
LordErrk:

Yes, I wish we could meet too. I'm sure I'd learn a lot from you during the course of my medical practice
Whenever u are done with your Medical Education in Nigeria or you feel tired of the practice there, you can challenge the USMLE & come over to the US.
More still, the PLAB is there & doable.
Although the exams will require a lot of financial input for someone writing from Nigeria, most especially now xchange rate is hitting d ceiling.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Mikesol: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

Don't train a child only to loose him eventually to sickle cell and go through more emotional torment... just do it now and save yourself then eventually and more torturous moment
Knew someone who had a SS child in church, after 23 years the child died and she couldn't control herself
There is no guarantee when he will go, it can happen sooner or later
Just save yourself now
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dextre(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:
My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

After finding out that I am also AS my partner after the birth of my daughter has told me he didn’t want to continue having children with me and would rather we both raise the child and get new partners. we want to let that connection go and 1 year later currently I’m pregnant with a baby boy who is now carrying the SS gene.

My partner has moved out of house ,, Paid me money to abort the baby and he went to start a new life far from me and the baby. I’m not sure if I should use the money abort the child and start my life or keep the child and pray for Gods forgiveness!!!!

HELPPPP ME

As disgusting as it is for me to say this, abort that pregnancy if you can, you are definitely not prepared for what’s to come if that baby comes.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dextre(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

I have a simple question for you and it goes;
How did you know the Baby in the womb is SS?
Where were you informed of it?
And how did they arrive at such?
With this I can advise you..
Mind you, I hate Lies a lot!

It’s detectable, called amniocentesis and chorionic villi sampling and very much available in Nigeria. So it just might be true
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
codemaniacs:

they are not always sick, what you call always sick is in reality been in pain... there's a difference between been in pain as a result of internal blood clots blocking the circulation of blood in the body which leads to the shutdown of vital organs in the body which then leads to death and falling sick as a result of cholera or malaria...

most sickle cell patients are lean not because they don't eat but because due to their SS genotype their bones don't naturally grow big ...

You saw only one sickle cell patient and you're using that to judge all other sickle carriers... that's very ignorant...

your comment is very ignorant...
Bros I'm ignorant thanks but I know all of these things you are saying, I'm just being blunt and factual about what may become of most of them, I knew about others that were males that died, they weren't really falling sick but still died, one of my sister's friend also died while in labor, it's mostly one complications to the other. I don't want to be perceived as a negative person but the reality on ground is that they eventually die if you don't have the means to altar the effect since the drugs are very expensive.

1 Like

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by LordErrk: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Whenever u are done with your Medical Education in Nigeria or you feel tired of the practice there, you can challenge the USMLE & come over to the US.
More still, the PLAB is there & doable.
Although the exams will require a lot of financial input for someone writing from Nigeria, most especially now xchange rate is hitting d ceiling.

USMLE isn't for me. I don't have energy to start reading pre-clinicals. Besides I don't really plan on doing anything that involves US...the place is overrated
I'm thinking of doing PLAB. It's much easier and mostly clinical. By God's grace, the finance shouldn't be a problem
I'd have liked nothing more than to practice in Nigeria, but the environment is just too bad and depressing
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Dmacqh(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
This is not a true story , though I’m not ruling out this type of event .
All I’m reading here is awareness of sickness cell anemia as regards to partners of both AS or AS , SS , pregnancy and child bearing .
Thanks for the awareness. Let those who have ear hear .
At least I’ve learnt somethings from the write up .
1) Determining the genotype of a baby in the womb.
2) The name of the test to be carried out .
Good luck to all the AS and SS genes . Nature happened to you .
Till now it’s painful whenever I remember the death of one of my relatives . He died at 27 of sickle cell.
RIP Tochukwu.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by freddie009(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
holsconcept:
If u actually believed God can change SS to AS, stick to your belief. Only time will tell.

Una don start.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by codemaniacs: 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
Bros I'm ignorant thanks but I know all of these things you are saying, I'm just being blunt and factual about what may become of most of them, I knew about others that were males that died, they weren't really falling sick but still died, one of my sister's friend also died while in labor, it's mostly one complications to the other. I don't want to be perceived as a negative person but the reality on ground is that they eventually die if you don't have the means to altar the effect since the drugs are very expensive.

Everyone will eventually die not just sickle cell carriers..

You can say that sickle cell carriers that don't manage their crisis episodes can pass on earlier than expected.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by gentlegenius(m): 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

I had went for a newborn screening and a report on the baby health. I told the midwife and my doctor of my situation with my partner and I wanted to be safe. They took tissue sample from my pregnancy and tested it
Did you do this test in Nigeria?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by codemaniacs: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dmacqh:
This is not a true story , though I’m not ruling out this type of event .
All I’m reading here is awareness of sickness cell anemia as regards to partners of both AS or AS , SS , pregnancy and child bearing .
Thanks for the awareness. Let those who have ear hear .
At least I’ve learnt somethings from the write up .
1) Determining the genotype of a baby in the womb.
2) The name of the test to be carried out .
Good luck to all the AS and SS genes . Nature happened to you .
Till now it’s painful whenever I remember the death of one of my relatives . He died at 27 of sickle cell.
RIP Tochukwu.

Nature didn't happen to AS and SS..

It is due to lack of government regulations against the birth of SS babies.

Due to a man and woman who know that they are both AS deciding to have children and hoping on luck that they don't have SS children.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by OKOATA(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
codemaniacs:

Everyone will eventually die not just sickle cell carriers..

You can say that sickle cell carriers that don't manage their crisis episodes can pass on earlier than expected.
Everyone will die but we are being realistic here, the pain and the eventualities of them dieing is more painful, tormenting, expensive than a normal human being, they don't usually live till old age. It's just a mere probability if they do.

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
LordErrk:

USMLE isn't for me. I don't have energy to start reading pre-clinicals. Besides I don't really plan on doing anything that involves US...the place is overrated
I'm thinking of doing PLAB. It's much easier and mostly clinical. By God's grace, the finance shouldn't be a problem
I'd have liked nothing more than to practice in Nigeria, but the environment is just too bad and depressing
You are almost entirely Correct.
The preparation for USMLE is beyond rhetorics.
The exam does a lot to both the body & the soul.
Not just preclinical but the depth of stuff is just mircocellular.
PLAB is better for someone who wants to integrate as quickly as possible. However, I just learnt the UK wants to adopt the USMLE standard.

Contrary to your opinion, the US is not overrated as purported. U can't be outside the shores of a country & term it overrated. You can only pass such verdict after firsthand experience.

Finally, Practicing in Nigeria is not easy especially when you know what to do & how to do but the materials are not available. This is unlike the advanced world wia dey seek for interesting & seemingly insurmountable medical mysteries.

NIGERIA would have been paradise on earth if the whites had stayed longer. The Independence came to early. Then only a few people were enlightened & exposed to formal education.
Then we had our Traditional Governments who were our Traditional rulers. We barely had idea of what democracy is, not even till this moment.
So, immediately they left, the MILITARY took over. & these military men were not put through on rudiments of leadership & they have led till now.
Imagine someone like BUHARI as the Head of the supreme military council of a country yet he couldn't provide ordinary WAEC..

OBJ did fairly well by educating himself all through his leadership career as president. Meanwhile, these men occupied positions meant for the BEST BRAINS. So, the situation can get better, but it's going to take a long time.
(My Opinion Though)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
alphabbey1:

Family planning after one child !!! Or you didn't read the post well ?
Ehen!

What's wrong with that
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ghostrye:

The partner is irresponsible? Did you gloss over the part where he didn't want to have further children after they got lucky with the first one?
why didn't he wear a condom or go for a vascetomy? They are both stupid and irresponsible.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by CSTRR: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2022
You are a very useless and callous woman and your husband is equally useless and hopeless.

Because of your inordinate lust for pleasure, you want to sentence a child to a life of pain and struggle.

This child should never have been conceived.

And it's not as if you guys did not know.
You just decided to risk it.

May Jehovah punish both of you in his own way.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by CSTRR: 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2022
alphabbey1:

Family planning after one child !!! Or you didn't read the post well ?
Why not?

Must they born battalion?
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Kingsean(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

LORD HAVE MERCY,, am catholic I cannot proceed with such horrific thing

that child would curse you and his father very soon. by the time you see the pain he is going through, you'd regret bringing him to suffer
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Funkybabee(f): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
Seek the face of God

Tell God, let your will be done

Hand it over to God

And if you don't have miscarriage till you give birth, keep going to the house if God, let him keep hearing the word of God.

The word of God dose is stronger than anything, watch dove any channel that's talking about the word of the Lord even during the pregnant

But first give God option

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by codemaniacs: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
OKOATA:
Everyone will die but we are being realistic here, the pain and the eventualities of them dieing is more painful, tormenting, expensive than a normal human being, they don't usually live till old age. It's just a mere probability if they do.

Where did you get that image from

I know of an SS woman who is almost 60 and she's alive while her husband that wasn't SS has passed on...

2 Likes

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Munzy14(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
opera1:
When you already aware of a bomb close to you, you went ahead to trigger it.
There comes a time, you won't care about the bomb, when you are deep in L... cheesy
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Slynation(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

An ignorant Catholic, Religion has caged so many fellows...

Just start saving enough money, because you will so do giveaway to so many churches and hospitals
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Bullrun: 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2022
Madeu:
Fake story. It never happened. Just to draw traffic to this site

Thank you bro, the average Nigerians are so dumb.
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by Slynation(m): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2022
Funkybabee:
Seek the face of God

Tell God, let your will be done

Hand it over to God

And if you don't have miscarriage till you give birth, keep going to the house if God, let him keep hearing the word of God.

The word of God dose is stronger than anything, watch dogs any channel that's talking about the word of the Lord even during the pregnant

But first give God option
Seek God face after indulging in series of fornications abi... I dey very sure say God go weak for this matter self
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by TheSociopath(m): 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

This is deep! Really deep!!

Candid advice if you can abort it please do!!
°°°°what iwould do if iwere to be in your shoes°°°since it is a boy child iwont even think twice°°°°

Hopefully Allah gives you enough wisdom to do what is Right
Amin

An SS lady I know died during her service year due to her condition. All those money and years, gone like that. Use this information as you want
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by ayoncox: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME
Chat me up on 08089456258 let's pray together
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by AuroraB(f): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

Have not seen a more selfish entity than you. Can one be this heartless? Catholic okays AS's marriage or what vile is this you are cooking up I lost an aunt, a nephew to this and now a nephew suffers this. You want to gleefully testrun an innocent child on this? Do you know what it is for the child to be begging God to take his life? You will stand in judged for this. Believe me
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by senator2k9(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
[quote author=Djriri post=112169853]My partner and I are aware of our genotype situation both of us carry AS gene we both have a child together my first daughter who is AS genotype PRAISE THE LORD.

Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by senator2k9(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME
pls which hospital was the test done? I want to also check for my child
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by AuroraB(f): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
why didn't he wear a condom or go for a vascetomy? They are both stupid and irresponsible.
What if she lied she was SAFE?!!! Stop supporting nonsense naa. The man was responsible unlike some others who'd want to be silly like this OP
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by chival(f): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Djriri:

HELPPPP ME

Watch the video below and then make up your mind. The lady in the video was a sickle cell patient and at the height of her pain, she made a passionate plea for people to stop bringing children with the SS genotype into the world. She died about a week or two after recording this video unfortunately.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160015926503854&id=673603853
Re: I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help by damosade(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please abort. I am a sickle cell anaemia patient.. the baby will be in pains and agony for life

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lagos Government Sacks Frontline Health Workers / Cameroonian Woman Commits Suicide Over Husband's Plan To Marry Another Wife / Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.