Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? (15678 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
I observed that the woman for whatever reasons always play the underdog in marriage. She is often regarded as a 'helper' playing almost a docile role in decision-making in the home.

Most people use religious precepts to relegate the rights of a woman to the background: as being the house-keeper and 'child-bearer'. But in modern times, many women play the role of 'provider' in the home, therefore forcing the man to also assist with household chores.

In modern times, Even in civilised climes, women now seek to either being independent parents or share same authority as the man in the home. But where the man does not feel comfortably with this, the result is divorce. I want to assume that this is the major cause of domestic violence in majority of homes.

Most women feel more comfortable being single parents than to submit to the egocentric excesses of the male folk.

What is your stand on this issue. I personally speak as a male.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
No submission No marriage

196 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm not a fan of marriage... I'm definitely not submissive... undecided

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by odinson1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Women Basically want 3 things
1. the Power and Authority of a man
2. The Privileges of Being a Woman
3. The Accountability of A child.

I pity those ignorant, naive men who are fighting for Equality for women. Those idiots don't realize that they are being cheated,the woman you are fighting for,is trying to overthrow your power. She will expect you to man up and fight for her,or Provide when times are hard. But when times are good,they will drag equality with you. Take the Russian/Ukraine war as a case study. The women are allowed to leave,but the men are mandated to stay. Not a single feminist came out to say women were being Relegated (because they are weak,which is true).
You know why? It is because times are hard,it is war,so they don't have the luxury to be fighting for equality now.

425 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Abfinest007(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
U won collect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by SmartPolician: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
I always say that marriage is not for everyone. If a woman feels too big to be under a man, she is free to become a single mom.

After all, men and women have equal opportunities nowadays. There can never be two captains in one ship.

OP, you are free to make your wife the head of your home - just don't shove it down our throats. One of the best things that life gave us was freewill.

216 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by toujurs: 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mumu, what stupid equality, a woman can never be equal to a man, Ever in this life.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nyascobar1414: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
A man is superior compared to a woman...
Its bitter though...

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2022
Abfinest007:
U won collect

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gee64:
I observed that the woman for whatever reasons always play the underdog in marriage. She is often regarded as a 'helper' playing almost a docile role in decision-making in the home.

Most people use religious precepts to relegate the rights of a woman to the background: as being the house-keeper and 'child-bearer'. But in modern times, many women play the role of 'provider' in the home, therefore forcing the man to also assist with household chores.

In modern times, Even in civilised climes, women now seek to either being independent parents or share same authority as the man in the home. But where the man does not feel comfortably with this, the result is divorce. I want to assume that this is the major cause of domestic violence in majority of homes.

Most women feel more comfortable being single parents than to submit to the egocentric excesses of the male folk.

You better stop hiding behind a male account
We know say you be woman just have some balls not to hide your gender

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by ibkonekt(m): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
I laugh at you in vernacular!

I'm a man in his late 50s and a retired Public Servant.

I speak without prejudice to sex.
sollolucci77:

You better stop hiding behind a male account
We know say you be woman just have some balls not to hide your gender

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
That a woman shares in decision-making doesn't make her the boss. Marriage is not an organisation. It is a union where both parties should be equal shareholders. Marriage is the only human institution where you have two heads giving moral instructions to their offspring and managing the affairs of the family on equal terms. That way, a harmonious relationship will be established.
SmartPolician:
I always say that marriage is not for everyone. If a woman feels too big to be under a man, she is free to become a single mom.

After all, men and women have equal opportunities nowadays. There can never be two captains in one ship.

OP, you are free to make your wife the head of your home - just don't shove it down our throats. One of the best things that life gave us was freewill.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by SmartPolician: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gee64:
That a woman shares in decision-making doesn't make her the boss. Marriage is not an organisation. It is a union where both parties should be equal shareholders. Marriage is the only human institution where you have two heads giving moral instructions to their offspring.

I put it to you that you are a girl.

I won't reply you again.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gee64: 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm a male- an experienced one at that! You boys will not understand the secret of a lasting relationship.
SmartPolician:

I put it to you that you are a girl.

I won't reply you again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gee64:
I laugh at you in vernacular!

I'm a man in his late 50s and a retired Public Servant.

I speak without prejudice to sex.

You're now a terrible liar on top...give up abeg

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Premiumwriter: 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
When a man thinks like the op, he'll definitely have problems in his marriage.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Gee64:
I'm a male- an experienced one at that! You boys will not understand the secret of a lasting relationship.

At least be like pretty girl200...shes proud to show that shes a lady without sense...you can so the same

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by VictorUSA(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Why should women think that they are equal to men?

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by efficiencie(m): 1:34am On Apr 23, 2022
killmods:
No submission No marriage
Simple!

21 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Apr 23, 2022
Gee64:
1. I want to assume that this is the major cause of domestic violence in majority of homes.

2. Most women feel more comfortable being single parents than to submit to the egocentric excesses of the male folk.

1. I am afraid not. Domestic violence predates this modern times in marriage. As a matter of fact, a good number of women chose to develop themselves, eventually going it alone, rather than ending up someone's punching bag in the name of marriage. undecided

2. Yep! undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:54am On Apr 23, 2022
odinson1:
▪︎Women Basically want 3 things
1. the Power and Authority of a man
2. The Privileges of Being a Woman
3. The Accountability of A child.

▪︎. I pity those ignorant, naive men who are fighting for Equality for women. Those idiots don't realize that they are being cheated, the woman you are fighting for,is trying to overthrow your power .

▪︎She will expect you to man up and fight for her,or Provide when times are hard. But when times are good,they will drag equality with you. Take the Russian/Ukraine war as a case study. The women are allowed to leave,but the men are mandated to stay. Not a single feminist came out to say women were being Relegated (because they are weak,which is true).

▪︎You know why? It is because times are hard,it is war,so they don't have the luxury to be fighting for equality now.
▪︎ there is no such thing as the power and authority of a man, nor accountability of a child. undecided

▪︎. Who gave you this power you claim abeg? undecided
▪︎ Russia/Ukraine? Are you sane at all? undecided
▪︎ You are joking, right? In Afghanistan, Iraq etc., were the same rules applied? Some of you don't even realize how deep the rabbit hole you have fallen. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Apr 23, 2022
VictorUSA:
Why should women think that they are equal to men?
Gender equality refers to both men and women having equal rights as humans by law and in society. undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by odinson1(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Gender equality refers to both men and women having equal rights as humans by law and in society. undecided
But when it comes to take up the Responsibilities of a Man,that is where you Hypocrites draw the line.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Theactor(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2022
I'm not a fan of marriage... I'm definitely not submissive... ]wow.....is not too good enough sha,it will be good if u change such mentality
and most importantly,is not in line with God perspective.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by DropsMic(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hmm
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by oluwaseyi0: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Because gender equality doesn't exist in Nigeria dating scene which usually lead to marriage

During dating the man do most of the spending, during marriage ceremony the man do most things and even pay purchasing fee bride price to buy/acquire have the woman

Most Nigeria marriage is not a merger of man and woman rather it's the man acquiring the woman

Since stakes ain't equal rights can't be equal

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by slawormiir: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by BoluwatifeNG(f): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
ok

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Winters23: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Gee64:

No matter how Africans tries to copy western degenerate culture, Africa will never be western!

Here in Africa A MAN AND A WOMAN CAN NEVER BE EQUAL!

One drunken man is more intelligent than three women with PHD!

A wife will forever be under the husband

A girlfriend will always be a bitch to her guy

Don't ever bring this nonsense gender equility cum feminism here, take it to quora and reddit where the western pigs massage their ego.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Agricmoney(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
let me learn from the elders

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Cholls(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=ibkonekt post=112187194] [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' / How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? / How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.