Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,483 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? (15694 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

Lols

There's no "we" here, it's only you the wannabe westee that will forever remain a slave.

Africa will be great without losing her identity.

I am a true Pan-African conservative who'll have to deal with your likes every once in a while.

You're the chief slave!!

I'm sure you brought your "app", your phone and your laptop from heaven, you didn't learn it from the west!! Mr conservationist.

Hypocritical confused black male who ass kisses the west but continues to seek ways to subjugate his own female kind!!

If the west whom you learnt tech from and probably transact with were like you, and subjugated their women, I'm pretty sure you won't be here capping nonsense!

Deal with it, equal opportunities for women are here to stay! You can only type your miserable opinion online and whine in one corner of your room, Life has left you behind.

If e too pain you, pack your bags and go live in the middle East where people with stone age mindset like you are welcome!

Mumu!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Winters23: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
apatheticme:

You're the chief slave!!

I'm sure you brought your "app", your phone and your laptop from heaven, you didn't learn it from the west!! Mr conservationist.

Hypocritical confused black male who ass kisses the west but continues to seek ways to subjugate his own female kind!!

If the west whom you learnt tech from and probably transact with were like you, and subjugated their women, I'm pretty sure you won't be here capping nonsense!

Deal with it, equal opportunities for women are here to stay! You can only type your miserable opinion online and whine in one corner of your room, Life has left you behind.

If e too pain you, pack your bags and go live in the middle East where people with stone age mindset like you are welcome!

Mumu!!
[/s]

The code is a universal language, it belongs to no country...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Connected1:

You can correct someone without mocking them, if you did it in a polite way like I was communicating with you earlier, instead you decided to bring toxicity into the conversation and act like you know better than me in a bid to massage your ego.

I may not be older than you but I am glad you see me as a teenager, I have no time to argue about age, it's not a criteria for living, I take it that way but I can tell you that circumstances didn't make me enter school at the time I wanted.

If I was the one mocking you now, I am sure you would have been raining insults on me now, somehow it's not all about how old you are but how reasonable and mature you can be.

I accept corrections if I see it as genuine and unlike yours, your saw the argument/debate as a means to mock me but I take it that way, if you can buttress your skin glow then what can I do, I want the best for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

The code is a universal language, it belongs to no country...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Winters23: 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
apatheticme:

Ha ha ha ha

Weyrey Slave dey disguise

I'm sure your ancestors at your local village were the ones that developed the code!! grin cheesy

Mumu black man, see as he dey quickly claim white man's effort as "universal code". Ha, na wa for you. See how you quickly rubbished the works of people like Steve Jobs, Guido Van Rossum, Tim Berners Lee etc "claiming code is universal"

Because you now have access to their sweat and the foundation they laid in programming today at the flick of a button, you're bragging yada yada yada online!

Ozwor, which one your ancestors develop??
[/s]
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Winters23:
[s][/s]

Awww, truth hurts!

Doh, you go dey alright.

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Slurity(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I didn't say anything about Heaven but instead about the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ brought down to earth for us over 2000 years ago. undecided

You should probably read Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 with your eyes open to see that in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ commands equality among all His servants. undecided
If all servants are to get equality, how then do you explain the preaching of people getting different crown of honour in heaven? Are you saying the thieves on the cross that got save will be on the same level with Paul or any of the apostles?
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by orumba(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Not easy paying bills,
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Slurity:
1. If all servants are to get equality, how then do you explain the preaching of people getting different crown of honour in heaven?

2. Are you saying the thieves on the cross that got save will be on the same level with Paul or any of the apostles?
The teaching that you will get different crowns of honor was not taught by Jesus Christ, so I can't speak to the truth of that. What I do know of Jesus Christ is what is written in the Gospels instead. undecided

2. Jesus Christ never told the thief of the cross anything about the Kingdom of God or Heaven. Your first cluse ought to be the fact that Jesus Christ wwsnt in Heaven on day in question. undecided

Instead, the thief was saved according to God's Old Covenant declaration in Ezekiel 33 vs 9 - 20 which only promised those saved Life according to Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, and not salvation from God's curse nor a reward in Heaven. .
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gamesmart: 5:44am On Apr 24, 2022
odinson1:
Women Basically want 3 things
1. the Power and Authority of a man
2. The Privileges of Being a Woman
3. The Accountability of A child.

I pity those ignorant, naive men who are fighting for Equality for women. Those idiots don't realize that they are being cheated,the woman you are fighting for,is trying to overthrow your power. She will expect you to man up and fight for her,or Provide when times are hard. But when times are good,they will drag equality with you. Take the Russian/Ukraine war as a case study. The women are allowed to leave,but the men are mandated to stay. Not a single feminist came out to say women were being Relegated (because they are weak,which is true).
You know why? It is because times are hard,it is war,so they don't have the luxury to be fighting for equality now.

Very well said!
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gamesmart: 5:48am On Apr 24, 2022
toujurs:
Mumu, what stupid equality, a woman can never be equal to a man, Ever in this life.

This is either stuuuupid or just poor grammar.

"On average, women can never be equal to men" is the right grammar.

Claiming a woman can never be equal to (or even better than) a/any man is pure moronic.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gamesmart: 6:00am On Apr 24, 2022
Gee64:
That a woman shares in decision-making doesn't make her the boss. Marriage is not an organisation. It is a union where both parties should be equal shareholders. Marriage is the only human institution where you have two heads giving moral instructions to their offspring and managing the affairs of the family on equal terms. That way, a harmonious relationship will be established.

Nonsense!

In an ideal union of marriage (or any intimate relationship between men and women), the man should be the leader.

In non-ideal ones, where the woman is more competent, then it is okay for the woman to lead or be equal.

If a women is leading a relationship, like apatheticme does in her house, then she definitely settled and is in not a great relationship. Such relationships are less harmonious, on average, than relationships where the man is a leader.

A man being the leader does not mean a woman should not be allowed to have her own opinion, freedom or freewill.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by naijadrivablog: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2022
Its ungodly.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by IMASTEX: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2022
odinson1:
Women Basically want 3 things
1. the Power and Authority of a man
2. The Privileges of Being a Woman
3. The Accountability of A child.

I pity those ignorant, naive men who are fighting for Equality for women. Those idiots don't realize that they are being cheated,the woman you are fighting for,is trying to overthrow your power. She will expect you to man up and fight for her,or Provide when times are hard. But when times are good,they will drag equality with you. Take the Russian/Ukraine war as a case study. The women are allowed to leave,but the men are mandated to stay. Not a single feminist came out to say women were being Relegated (because they are weak,which is true).
You know why? It is because times are hard,it is war,so they don't have the luxury to be fighting for equality now.
This is rather the reality. The creator has already designed a unique role for each person which is even the reality in your mention. The example will be like a person going to contest for the tallest & shortest person in the same show at the same time. And he is expecting to win both. Though, many don't understand what giving a woman sense of belonging is, why even turn it into a gender fight of superiority especially in an African contest.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by davedoe: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2022
Women are so funny u want authority yet wen problem comes up you expect the man to stand up and fight for you knowing full well u want equality.You want to be a man and a woman and also have both privileges then what happens to the man he becomes and object of ridicule or shame to himself and children come on you women are just too selfish and am sure u would have even fought for the position of a God if possible
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by apatheticme(f): 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Gamesmart:

Nonsense!

In an ideal union of marriage (or any intimate relationship between men and women), the man should be the leader.

In non-ideal ones, where the woman is more competent, then it is okay for the woman to lead or be equal.

If a women is leading a relationship, like apatheticme does in her house, then she definitely settled and is in not a great relationship. Such relationships are less harmonious, on average, than relationships where the man is a leader.

A man being the leader does not mean a woman should not be allowed to have her own opinion, freedom or freewill.

You must be in my relationship for you to know that I'm the one leading, and that it is less harmonious.

Your obsession with this moniker is your preoccupation right now. Keep running kiti kiti kata kata online on my matter while I actually live my own fulfilled life offline! I'm sure I occupy 99.9% of your brain for you to be tagging me and seeking my attention online every single day! Whose now the simp? You of course!!

You're the biggest SIMP ever liveth, for you to be mentioning me upandan, even though I ignored your frequent mentions, you never gave up. You kept tagging me. Keep it up, it's a thing of delight that you still kept me in your brain all along.

Forming Alfa mail online, sliding into my mentions behind the scene to seek attention!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Your heart now beats for my notice, if I don't notice you your day is not complete. Is our God not great??

Now run along SIMP, I've noticed you today!

Joke's on you SIMP!
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Gamesmart: 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
apatheticme:

You must be in my relationship for you to know that I'm the one leading, and that it is less harmonious.

Your obsession with this moniker is your preoccupation right now. Keep running kiti kiti kata kata online on my matter while I actually live my own fulfilled life offline! I'm sure I occupy 99.9% of your brain for you to be tagging me and seeking my attention online every single day! Whose now the simp? You of course!!

You're the biggest SIMP ever liveth, for you to be mentioning me upandan, even though I ignored your frequent mentions, you never gave up. You kept tagging me. Keep it up, it's a thing of delight that you still kept me in your brain all along.

Forming Alfa mail online, sliding into my mentions behind the scene to seek attention!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Your heart now beats for my notice, if I don't notice you your day is not complete. Is our God not great??

Now run along SIMP, I've noticed you today!

Joke's on you SIMP!

Jeez!

Nothing you wrote here makes sense.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by JoshuaSG: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
The trend towards independent parenting and the high divorce rate it causes is a major issue in Africa, raised by the west's ideology of gender equality.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by socialmediaman: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
Gee64:
I observed that the woman for whatever reasons always play the underdog in marriage. She is often regarded as a 'helper' playing almost a docile role in decision-making in the home.

Most people use religious precepts to relegate the rights of a woman to the background: as being the house-keeper and 'child-bearer'. But in modern times, many women play the role of 'provider' in the home, therefore forcing the man to also assist with household chores.

In modern times, Even in civilised climes, women now seek to either being independent parents or share same authority as the man in the home. But where the man does not feel comfortably with this, the result is divorce. I want to assume that this is the major cause of domestic violence in majority of homes.

Most women feel more comfortable being single parents than to submit to the egocentric excesses of the male folk.

What is your stand on this issue. I personally speak as a male.

A man will hardly write this.

Does being employed by a boss mean that you’re a less equal gender from your boss? You still have your rights as a human being

In a marriage relationship, a man is the the “boss” of his wife in their home. This doesn’t in anyway mean the woman is a less equal gender. Even a child who is being led by their parents is not a less equal gender than the parents. Everyone still has rights as a human being no matter if they’re a man, woman or a child. In marriage, a woman can still go to school, go to work, be a business, social or political leader etc

There is authority in every institution despite that everyone is equal, including in marriage. A man was designed since the beginning of time by most cultures and religions to be the leader in marriage. It’s as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
JoshuaSG:
The trend towards independent parenting and the high divorce rate it causes is a major issue in Africa, raised by the west's ideology of gender equality.
Gender equality isn't western but commonsense. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Gender equality isn't western but commonsense. undecided

I hope gender equality doesn't leave the kitchen when the heat is much.

You want gender equality, go find someone who agrees with your ideology and be with such a person. I wonder why you guys can't fathom the fact that a person can treat you with mutual respect without being equals. It's not the fault of the world you didn't witness an environment where women gave their opinions in the home.

And you were asking about who put this strata in place? Simply God, and before the knowledge of God got introduced to Nigeria, the ways of our forefathers. Take it or leave it a man as the head of things is going to stay because it has always been and it is what God deemed right and set as a standard. One movement that vies for equality between the genders is not going to indoctrinate the whole wide world, at least not me. Also, take it or leave it, his standards have always been proven right, time and time again.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
jkuvira:
1. And you were asking about who put this strata in place? Simply God, and before the knowledge of God got introduced to Nigeria, the ways of our forefathers. Take it or leave it a man as the head of things is going to stay because it has always been and it is what God deemed right and set as a standard. One movement that vies for equality between the genders is not going to indoctrinate the whole wide world, at least not me. Also, take it or leave it, his standards have always been proven right, time and time again.
You accuse God of putting some strata in place but where or when exactly did this happen?? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by addictiv(m): 12:25am On Apr 25, 2022
Because men and women re not the same, so we can't be equals. Men have their strengths and women have theirs too. The fact that male strengths cannot be compared with female strengths already makes us unequal.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 2:06am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You accuse God of putting some strata in place but where or when exactly did this happen?? undecided

First, it's not an accusation. It's an allusion based on clear facts.

2. This is not a thread on religion or faith but I'll draw my answers from there. Do you really want to go there.

Moving forward, it's not like the standard is faulty, ' I'm sure you are familiar with the saying - Two cannot captain a ship', so clearly there's a need for a head of the house (feel free to cite the case of co-ceos and heads in the professional world but it's not marriage, nor is it a home). And the role is designated to the man . We have seen countless men, or even know this men who misuse their God given rights, but that doesn't make the standard less standard, less effective.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:08am On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
First, it's not an accusation. It's an allusion based on clear facts.
This is not a thread on religion or faith but I'll draw my answers from there. Do you really want to go there..
It's not a religious thread but you freely level false accusations against God in it?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by dalass(f): 2:39am On Apr 25, 2022
Gee64:
I observed that the woman for whatever reasons always play the underdog in marriage. She is often regarded as a 'helper' playing almost a docile role in decision-making in the home.

Most people use religious precepts to relegate the rights of a woman to the background: as being the house-keeper and 'child-bearer'. But in modern times, many women play the role of 'provider' in the home, therefore forcing the man to also assist with household chores.

In modern times, Even in civilised climes, women now seek to either being independent parents or share same authority as the man in the home. But where the man does not feel comfortably with this, the result is divorce. I want to assume that this is the major cause of domestic violence in majority of homes.

Most women feel more comfortable being single parents than to submit to the egocentric excesses of the male folk.

What is your stand on this issue. I personally speak as a male.

Even in Naija society, the woman has no equality, not to speak of marriage undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Cromagnon: 6:11am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which God? undecided
the one true God
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by jkuvira: 6:26am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It's not a religious thread but you freely level false accusations against God in it?, undecided

I've reread my initial comments. And I do not find anything there labelling false accusations against God. If you are of the opinion that he did not set the standard, fine. But to label a statement of fact as false, a standard God himself set, you should be ready to decry a good number of the postulates and laws and sayings we've known so far - Newton, Faraday, Boyle, Charles, Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Archimedes etc.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2022
Another gender equality nonsense. Abeg what is gender equality? Why do you want to make people equal on the basis of their gender? Don't males have female bosses at work? Do they earn the same wage or respect, both internally and externally?

You don achieve career equality? Or why are doctors more respected and trusted than nurses in certain workplaces? Why do organizations give better attention to university graduates and less to colleges of education? Didn't they all spend 3-4 years in school and contribute positively to the economy?

Have you achieved racial, economic, or tribal equality? Why are blacks in the West relegated to certain low wage jobs? Why do state workers earn lower wages and allowances than federal government workers in many countries?

Is Aisha Buhari not being served by men and people's husbands in Aso rock? Why can't a man become the "Queen of England"?

These and more are reasons I consider gender equality the world's most stup!d idea.

No wrong with calling for more opportunities for the most deprived in the society but to do that on the basis of "gender or sex equality" is id!otic. Men are being oppressed everyday by fellow men. Military men consider themselves more powerful. Same trend plays out everywhere.

Inequalities ought to be our concern but even that cannot be achieved by anyone. Even God has His favourite people and He didn't create the earth with equal or same resources. If you cannot convert your desert land to tourist centre, then that's your business. If you cannot train your daughter to become another Okonjo Iweala, please blame yourself. People have done it, and you can do it too. If it was that easy for men, na Aso rock I suppose dey now.

I have no comment about gender equality in marriages. Too early to engage in meaningless discussions.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Cromagnon:
the one true God
You have to be more specific since almost 4000 religions out there each have their own undecided.
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
jkuvira:
I've reread my initial comments. And I do not find anything there labelling false accusations against God. If you are of the opinion that he did not set the standard, fine. But to label a statement of fact as false, a standard God himself set, you should be ready to decry a good number of the postulates and laws and sayings we've known so far - Newton, Faraday, Boyle, Charles, Aristotle, Socrates, Plato, Archimedes etc.
Again,You accuse God of putting some strata in place but where or when exactly did this happen?? undecided
Re: Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? by Cromagnon: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You have to be more specific since almost 4000 religions out there each have their own undecided.
all pray to the same God Mr atheist

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? / How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks / FG, LGA's Renew Marriage Registration Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.