Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 (72442 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by samiabigail: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2022
Jimmy231:
Person die u they talk nonsense wish one be honour again
you forget say them get honour in killing in their religion undecided
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Emnyte(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2022
azikiweironsi:
This year 2022 is not smiling at all in Oyo State.
Gov. Makinde will be on Guinness book of record as the only Governor that lost three highly respected Monachs(Soun of Ogbomoso, Olubadan of Ibadan, and now Alaafin of Oyo) in the South West and a former governor of Oyo State( Gov. Alao Akala)
you forgot Ajimobi

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Deepocean(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2022
bunnae:

Yet all of Lagos state is lagos

No, all of Lagos State is not Lagos.

We have Ikorodu, Ikeja, Festac, etc.

All Lagos seems to be Lagos to you because there is no distinct border between the afforementioned geographical locations.

Because when it comes to landmass in Nigeria, Lagos State is the smallest in that term. But the funniest things is that it happens to have the hugest population.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by jrusky(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:

It is stupid to drag religion with anybody... Las Las we don't know how we got here and we don't know where we are going after death, everyone just dey speculate

But me Muhammed ooo. I go like die for Ramadan during fasting and prayer and season of forgiveness, I see is as an honour

Na me be that, you fit like another thing and that Na you

Ok nah. I have said mine. You are fasting and you still attend Witchcraft, wizard, ogboni etc meeting in the coven by night sorry you are just fasting in vain if you die you destination is other side and the funniest thing is its double punishment you die with empty stomach hungry follow you go grave and you enter hell again bro its a double tragedy.

What I'm saying is repent from all the evil deed and evil association to make your fasting worth it and if you die at that point sure you will be with God. Pls God don't care about fasting but your deeds both open and secret on Earth.

Good day.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Basicend: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2022
ybalogs:
Life banza indeed. May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljanat Firdaus.

There is nothing like Aljanat Firdaus.

Give your life to Jesus. .
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Mooh247: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2022
jrusky:

Ok nah. I have said mine. You are fasting and you still attend Witchcraft, wizard, ogboni etc meeting in the coven by night sorry you are just fasting in vain if you die you destination is other side and the funniest thing is its double punishment you die with empty stomach hungry follow you go grave and you enter hell again bro its a double tragedy.

What I'm saying is repent from all the evil deed and evil association to make your fasting worth it and if you die at that point sure you will be with God. Pls God don't care about fasting but your deeds both open and secret on Earth.

Good day.

God and man has no intermediary

So Na God go judge everyone Pastor and Witches alike

Good day as well
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Dagrace01(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2022
[code][/code]O
Ahmed0336:
Make una no vex. Is it the same person Osibanjo was at his palace yesterday or a different king
?

No, that's Olubadan of Ibadan..
They're two different monarchs.
This one is Alaafin of Oyo
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by frozen70(f): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The boyfriends of his young wives are so happy now, they're coming to take their girls back home. The girls in return are so happy because finally they're free from boring sex, though they got the money and enjoy life to the fullest, but their womanhood really suffered alot.

Who told you that they were bored, what about the fame they wanted and the expensive life they lived, including traveling abroad for vacation

They know what they wanted getting married to him and they got it
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Emmanueldavis(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The boyfriends of his young wives are so happy now, they're coming to take their girls back home. The girls in return are so happy because finally they're free from boring sex, though they got the money and enjoy life to the fullest, but their womanhood really suffered alot.

Madam venessa �
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by rickyrex(m): 9:12am On Apr 23, 2022
And Pa Edwin Clark is 93years of age and still looking energetic and counting

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by ashawopikin(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2022
Rip kabieyesi, all those young wives don turn widows like this
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by airsaylongcome: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2022
samuel900:
Alafin Neva dies......have u ever seen them been buried before.?

Did you see Abiola being buried? Abacha? Yar'adua? The Aalafin is dead as a wood. All that nonsense talk of climbing the roof na euphemism. He's stiff dead and waiting to be buried if not buried yet
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by CaptainFM1: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:
undecided

Inalilai wa Inani lahi rajihun

What an honour to die during Ramadan, a Friday, and the last ten days of the Ramadan close to Lailatuli Kadir

What would have changed if it were to be on a Monday, Last 14 days of the Ramadan...close or far from Lailatulu Kadir?

Would the honour be lost?

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by jrusky(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2022
Mooh247:

God and man has no intermediary

So Na God go judge everyone Pastor and Witches alike

Good day as well

Ok nah. I know naturally Nigeria hate the truth because of their over-sabi religion mentality.

This is not an intermediary shit its about drop any evil deed or association and make your fasting wort it.

You can not be sucking peoples blood at night, throwing arrow of sickness on people by night, wasting people destiny at night and during the day you are fasting bro take it or burst it you are wasting your time go and read your qoran well. Mind you I'm talking to both Christian and Muslim. Ok.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by puritydayo: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Confirmed.

52 years on throne, Iku baba yeye!
Alaafin w'aja!

Omo iku t'iku o gbodo pa,shocked
Omo arun t'arun o gbogbo she
Omo ofo t'ofo o gbodo she.

Oko dudu
Oko pupa
Oko borokini baba salami.

Life is ephemeral!

Modified
MadamVanessa, if sanity is a crime, you'll be an innocent. What a loudmouthed h*g!

Finally iku ti pa omo iku ti iku o gbodo pa
Nobody lives forever
Whenever we are called may we find mercy with our creator

RIP Iku Baba Yeye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by sony01: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2022
R.I.P.
Oyo State loss three first class Obas just this year
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Teejay13(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2022
RIP to him
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by bizzibodi(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2022
abidem4real:

May his soul rest in peace. But wait o! All his young and beautiful wives are going to be fu*ked by some other persons now. This life sha
Na today,at his age he can't perform again,he marries for d public.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by blingxx(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2022
Time to throw the biggest aso ebi burial party this decade has ever had grin I trust yoruba pple this one go pass obi cubanna mama burial cheesy
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by toplexy28(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2022
available for weekend deal check my siggy
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by AngelicBeing: 9:34am On Apr 23, 2022
sad
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Enceladus(m): 9:35am On Apr 23, 2022
Oba Nla tin foba je
Afamolori f'oda kun
Oba alajidewe
Oko dudu Oko pupa
Oko Borokini Baba Salami

RIP iku baba yeye
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by sweetTai(m): 9:46am On Apr 23, 2022
planetx:
If you live in Oyo it is advisable to curtail your night crawling for the mean time.

Nothing will happen! Ones a man is dead, HE’S GONE!
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by SURElee(f): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2022
Excess fire on young wives don take am to him ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by v2: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2022
May he rest in peace.

So what now happens to all those his young beautiful wives?
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Midex88(m): 9:58am On Apr 23, 2022
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by lagonovo: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2022
Alaafin on the topic of death

Alaafin Adeyemi
By Nehru Odeh

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi, 111, who passed on late Friday night, elicits awe both in life and in death.

He seemed to have had a premonition of his death shortly after the demise of his brother, the Very Revd. Fr. Peter Olayiwola Adeyemi, last year. He looked forward to it and faced it with equanimity.

While receiving a delegation from the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos and the Catholic Diocese of Oyo led by Dr Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo, in May last year, the highly respected Yoruba monarch said death was something we should not be afraid of , but it’s reality must be accepted.

“we all try to live a fulfilling life, but there is a great fear of death that tends to hold many people back from living the life they want to. It tends to be the unknown world that makes us be fearful of death, but when you start to look at death from a different perspective, it can clear away some of the fears.

“These quotes about life and death will remind you to live each day to the fullest and not to fear death so much. Life is such a wonderful gift; it makes me humble every single time I stop and think about it. Think about going to sleep and never waking up again.”

Oba Adeyemi said that thinking about death stretches and alters one’s perception, adding that accepting something you cannot change reduces suffering, as it allows one to overcome fear and punches it right in the face.

He said: “It also reveals the importance of love. Many people don’t realise, until it’s too late, that cherishing your friends and family should be your number one priority.

“Thinking about death allows you to figure out what your priorities in life should be. Everybody wants to die in peace without any regret. You must figure out what you want to accomplish and create multiple goals for yourself. My beloved, intelligent, hardworking, resilient, humble and diligent brother did his best while in the service of God. He is no more, but his goodness and legacies are now living after him as beingw witnessed here today and elsewhere.

“One can achieve anything and be anybody you want to be. Other people on Earth are humans just like you. They are flesh and bones, just like you. You have the ability to do anything that they do. The only limit is the one you set for yourself.”

Alaafin , thanking the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos for the honour done on his revered institution through a befitting high-powered delegation to commiserate with him on the death of his brother, also said:

“It is important to honour those who have gone before us, and it can be very hard to let go. Even though a loved one would wish us to move on and enjoy our lives, it is a difficult step to take.”

In his address, Most Rev. Badejo described Very Revd. Fr. Adeyemi as “ a mentor, conscientious, awesome, and dedicated priest whose legacies would withstand the tests of time.”

The late Alaafin delivered a long treatise on death in an interviewed published in a national daily in 2018, when he was asked to speak on the seeming untimely death associated with the Aare Ona Kakanfo.

God as the creator of human beings has a purpose for every human being. If you are a doctor, lawyer and even journalist; why did you join journalism? There were times in this country that journalists were thrown into prison and they died in the prison, but you are a journalist and you are moulding the opinions of people; doing your job. So also it is in different spheres.

“I was young when I was appointed as the Alaafin of Oyo and many people were sceptical whether I would be able to hold the office. But today, I have become an icon in the area of tradition. The essence of power must therefore be referenced to eternal truth; death is inevitable.

“An adage in Yoruba says a man who says he doesn’t want to die is not fit to ascend the throne of his forefathers. Death is the one that must end the other inventions of the Almighty.

“The greatest inventions made by the Almighty God are birth and death. Without death, there is no life and without life we would not have known anything called death.

“The divinity of the Alaafin is shrouded in the mystery of life and death. The Iku Baba Yeye means the Alaafin is death and cannot therefore live in the fear of death. Nothing frustrates human’s progress and good life than the fear of death.

“If you fear death, you would not go to Ibadan and you would not travel to your office, because of the fear that you might die on the way, then you would sit down in the house.

“If a house collapses, there are people who would survive it. So, it is not what they say. When you are going to war, you have two prognoses; you either go to war and be killed on behalf of your people or you come back alive.

“In war, the person you are lying next to in the trenches could be hit suddenly by a bullet. It is destined that the person would die that way. So, there is no fear. An adage says, a true warrior does not abscond in times of war.

“And two things await a guard; that he fights and wins or he fights and dies at the war front. A true guard does not die of gunshot injury on his back, rather, it’s better in front.”

The Alaafin seemed to be a cat with nine lives. His death had been rumoured many times in the past. Last year news broke that the monarch had died. But the palace debunked it. What the palace said later turned out to be true. Now the palace has come out with another statement, debunking the Alaafin’s death and calling it fake news. But whether the palace will be proved rght the second time remains to be seen.
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Midex88(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Rumors.... Fake News. Lai Mohammed where art thou... Pls prosecute this fake news reporter

https://allnews.ng/amp/news/alaafin-rumoured-death-unfounded
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by miqos02(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
samuel900:
Alafin Neva dies......have u ever seen them been buried before.?
who has a record of 52 years ago ?
Re: Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 by Ellasure: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2022
Adieu, great man, very sport loving and participating king. A very young man at heart despite his years.

May the good Lord grant him eternal rest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Some Funky Igbo Names And Their Meaning / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.