Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (52803 Views)

Final Burial Ceremony Of Late Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Iyanuoluwa2000: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
A point of correction, he became king in 1970. And that was 52 years ago.
Thanks
emorse:
57 years on the throne no be beans o.
Same man that was pictured working out and throwing punches not so long ago.
May his soul find eternal rest.

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by meetme01: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
He was really cute as a young man. He has finally joined the deities. I think he was among the Yoruba Obas That endorsed Tinubu for 2023 Presidency. Wish I thought wasn’t really Ok for a king to endorse such a person.

Someone said anyone Alafin endorses does not win election. He specifically mentioned names. I will find time to locate the message.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by VladimirPutiin(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
meetme01:

Someone said anyone Alafin endorses does not win election. He specifically mentioned names. I will find time to locate the message.

Really?

Anyways Tinubu won’t even win in the first place

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by West1side: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
I don't not sympathize with your foolish tribe. When the time as come every single household in you lost jews from hellfire will fill the impact of the hate your n your Igbo father brewed.

Anthonyoz:
So why did he bleach ,

Erudite skullers are also legendary bleachers

Anyway my condolences to the skulls that will be selected to bury the deceased.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Greenlight123: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by West1side: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
You Are worried about sratching face but not worried about your Osu caste madness

Tomek09:
This yoruba culture of scratching people's face in the name of tribal mark should be abolished. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by MeghaneMorgane(f): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
Oba dey bleach oo grin. Condolences

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Mrkcee(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Great King!

Rest Well Oba!
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by LordErrk: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
Our cultures are drastically diminishing....

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept

If really you want to keep to cultural dressing you shouldn't even wear the Iro and buba, you should cover yourself with leaves. You think it's iron and buba your ancestors wore 300 years ago abi?
The thing with culture is that it constantly changes, and the only thing you can do is to reasonably adapt
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by NorthernersSuck: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
The Oba died but his manhood lives on

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by seunmsg(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
sammirano:

And you translated for that ipig fool.

No be every time we go dey fight now.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2022

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Mayeldah(m): 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
How was he even knacking these young women?

Women and money are 5 & 6. Don't tell me its love.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Eriokanmi: 1:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
Penywise:

Did he bleach or did he not bleach
You can tell from the knuckles. I can't say

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by PoliteActivist: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by PoliteActivist: 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Mayeldah:
How was he even knacking these young women?

Women and money are 5 & 6. Don't tell me its love.

He wasn't knacking, that's how.
A sick man near death's door knackibg?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by 2braithe: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:

undecided undecided...... thanks.

But makes no sense bro.

Infact...... outta here!!!!

Who expects a flat head to find sense in a sensible matter?When it's not drugs you called them to come and peddle.That's the only thing they find sense in.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by PoliteActivist: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
NorthernersSuck:
The Oba died but his manhood lives on

His dick died long b4 him
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by jubrilELsudan: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
HE DON DEY FVCK TEY TEY

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by emorse(m): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

It’s 51 years
seglabsy:
na 52,where did u get 57?
Iyanuoluwa2000:
A point of correction, he became king in 1970. And that was 52 years ago.
Thanks
Make una nor vex. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by fash1966: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Over 50 solid years of being on the throne. No be joke. God has surely helped him this far.
May his soul rest in perfect peace as he joins his ancestors.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thank God for him
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by NorthernersSuck: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

His dick died long b4 him

Hahahahaha, na you dey help am dey Vaseline those holes?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:
This yoruba culture of scratching people's face in the name of tribal mark should be abolished. Too bad
Osu practice should be abolished too. Lobatan
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by biacan(f): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Dorwadora:
Our cultures are drastically diminishing....

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept
Abeg shift make person hear word undecided
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Ekaka1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
One very important question, now what happens to all those young, succulent, fair and fairly under used women in his harem.....answers please ...I wan check something grin
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Asswipemod: 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:

Lamidi Adeyemi
Death father and mother
Decreer and second only to the gods
Don’t eat millipede, don’t eat earthworm
It’s what they eat in heaven that you should eat
Enjoy heaven
Rest In Peace.

Eru ba alakori, oya a translate fún àwọn paddy e.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Asswipemod: 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:
Lamidi Adeyemi
Iku baba yeye
Alase igbakeji orisa
Majokun majokolo
Nkan tan ba nje lajule Orun ni ko bawon je
Orun re o!
RIP.

Ni kinni? Ta lo ran e ni rara a sun?
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by toyinid78: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:

Na them Sabi Sha.

But I don't want them to abolish it personally.

So I can have something to laugh at undecided undecided
may be you were born yesterday it was a practice all over Nigerian tribes back then igbos and Hausa same you use that to know those from royal n rich family so u would not be sold to slavery, check slave pictures no tribal marked slave
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Blackify: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418632/metamorphosis-alaafin-oyo-lamidi-adeyemi-throwback-photos/

Good day, everyone...

My name is Ehis "Farastein" Mokwenye, and my entry pitch is currently amongst the quarter finalists for @original_talkutalku creative grant. My entry is for my debut historical fiction novel "Tales of Jideofor". The book is based on the transatlantic slave trade of the 18th century, and follows the life of Jideofor from Illah in Western Igbo lands to Jamaica. It is a story of love, dreams, destiny and death. To vote, just open up the Instagram link below and like my video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcpZWjFFa1b/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Thank you very much for your help in retelling Afrikan culture in a new and revelatory light.
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by feedthenation(m): 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
---The Alaafin has gone to join his forebears---

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos) / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / 30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.