Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41285 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Kelechi20007: 8:16am On Apr 24, 2022
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Kelechi20007: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Rastaramsey(m): 8:10am On Apr 27, 2022
Them don start with cock and bull stories this morning.....

Don't sell the house....
Continue hustling in Nigeria...

If you sell the house, the money will finish one day...
There won't be anybody to support you...

Na when life go tire you well well...

We go cum dey hear
Nigerian student jumps from 250 storey building lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Stay for naija and hustle

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SIMONEKPA7: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
smiley
Its a difficult decision to make.... If you sell the house and fund your UK educational pursuit it is for the betterment of your future and on the other hand you will loose where your mum is buried and she wont be remembered.
I will suggest you sell the house but first before you do. Do a ceremonial exhuming, In my tribe we do it. Just pack some sand from the grave and take it to a new site for burial. either to her village or a burial ground.
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

206 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by flejnr2(f): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
If you can relocate your mother’s corpse to another place with the full traditional rites involved and with the consent of your family members you are good to go

339 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ebubu: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by hemucology(m): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
God will lead u true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by dake40(m): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Selling the house with your mom's grave doesn't sound too pleasant IMH.

- Have you thought of taking a loan from the bank with the house documents as collateral?
- Do you have any skill or business in mind?. If you mention this, maybe someone will come up with a better idea. Remember, the grass is not always green on the other side

Well, if selling the house is the only option.

Be sure the course you're going to study is worth it and put all your efforts to get better grades

Goto your mum's grave and pour out your heart to her (this will you feel better) . Promise her you'd put the money into good use. Be sure you're going to use it to further your education and strive hard to get a better future for yourself, this is the only way you your Mind/spirit won't taunt you in the future

All the best

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by C2Ok: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Doesn’t really seem like a wise decision to me…
Why not use it to get loan from a bank
Since it’s collateral, you can claim it when you’ve used your M.Sc to make money and pay back

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SEGLIZ: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2022
this about to get interesting, my chair to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
sad
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by buygala(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .

263 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by jahson19(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
My guy sell am,you can make an agreement with the buyer to move the grave to your village and bury her there, but if it will b a bother, forget it, your mother will understand

12 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I am of the opinion you should sell. This might sound weird but get a little piece of land preferably in the village and relocate her remains. This is to make sure no traditional wrath is incurred. Don't worry the comments will come. It is just morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Werey even sell urself because u must school in the UK

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Padipadi(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Exhume the corpse & re bury in a burial ground.
Let them pay for the house & use the money to not just rebury, do small burial rites & travel to your land of Canaan.
Leave Nigeria with any good opportunity.
This is one.
Run o, run o, run o!

11 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by BannedUser: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Sorry to say, but your mother is dead and gone. Survival is for the living not the dead. I'll advice that you relocate your mother's grave to another site and sell the house.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Will the funds be able to cover all your expenses? Tuition, accommodation, feeding, travel etc?

Then what are your plans after the Masters? Stay here or return to Nigeria? If you decide to return, have you got somewhere to live? Weigh all options and go for the best. Good luck.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Carmall(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
If it's possible to exhume the corpse and bury somewhere else, you may just consider selling the house.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by maths1000: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by timi36220: 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
First nobody will buy a house with a grave in it.
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by wunmi590(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022

So because you want to study for your masters in UK, you now want to make your dead mother suffer the second time, by selling her house with her grave togther....

Who even buy house with grave in the compound?

Bros bury that dream and go and source for money else where, what if the woman didn't leave you that house, won't you survive?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by parkervero(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Rent it out or you exhume the body take it to cemetery. Make the grave spot look perfect before you sell it.

Best of luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
Yoruba calls this (Apa ako ti le ta) a poorly trained child will consider what you are about to do as only option.

Your mother didn't train you properly while alive, so she deserve this treatment from you after death.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Olayetan(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
No one will buy it with the grave, you will have to exhume it and bury her somewhere else.

If that's the only option you have to raise money, sell it and move out but be serious with whatever you are going out of the country to do.

Kelechi20007

Or better still. Take a loan and use the land as collateral then when you get there. Work your ass out and pay back back the loan before due time.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2022
onye ga-ekweta ịzụta?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

University With The Highest Number Of Broke Students / Education Section Chat Room / Nursing Mum Graduates With 1st Class Despite Writing Final Exams While Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.