Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41306 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2022
BarrElChapo:

You're very stupid in your brain.
You be real werey, a proper idiot to consider selling your mothers grave is the best option to prosper in life...many of you will run mad because of your stupid indiscretion. You don't know the implication because you just as stupid as him.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by sonofthunder: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Why don't you instead look for the best way to rent out the house. Maybe use an estate agent so as to avoid Issues with tenants especially with a high chance of being out of the country.

Even if you still need a loan after it won't be as daunting as before and you can service the loan from future rent collection.

Just don't burn yourself.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Charx122: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2022
parkervero:
Rent it out or you exhume the body take it to cemetery. Make the grave spot look perfect before you sell it.

Best of luck!

Exactly what I had wanted to say

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 9:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Laren24:

Is this really necessary madman? If you don't have an humble opinion for the man, don't insult him and his mother, you bastard. If your mom train you won't tall to someone you don't know that way. Mad man
If selling your mothers grave is the best option to prosper in life then you just as stupid as the OP...many of you will run mad because of your stupid indiscretion. You don't know the implication because you are just as stupid. What advice does a stupid fella deserve. Indomie generation.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by IamAsiri: 9:20am On Apr 27, 2022
timi36220:
First nobody will buy a house with a grave in it.

Some people are even buying and clearing burial grounds grin.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Kennyliga112: 9:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
yes you can seek the house,you can get a land ,and get her remaining and bury her in the néw land
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Henon: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked
Skull minner spotted
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:24am On Apr 27, 2022
You are a big foool who can barely read to understand. Even after selling your mother's house as a shameful* son that you are, you couldn't pay for a good education so that you can read and understand simple comments.

I mentioned the mother was buried 5yrs ago, and it's too early to temper with the burial ground. Show me where I mentioned spirits you stupidd dickheadd. My dad was buried in a house, he was the one who told us that's where he would love to be buried when he dies' in future. Some parents mention where they would like to be buried and they work hard to buy such a property. Such properties should not be sold too early. A useless' son like you, can even sale his mother's burial ground' after a week of burial, bastardd.
yassinattah:

I sold my mother's house for 55m and used that money to build a 2storey building with 6flats in Abuja,now am a landlord collecting rent in those houses,my mother would be proud that her son is a forward thinking person,if am to follow this your narrative or analogy,I shouldn't have sold it but to continue living in Abject poverty with my family.

It's like you're moving mad since you feel the spirit of his ancestors ll lay cause upon him and hunt him down with this your narrative.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Tecno99: 9:25am On Apr 27, 2022
UK? NO!!!

Canada? Maybe. It'll depend on how your culture sees this sort of thing.

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 9:25am On Apr 27, 2022
BarrElChapo:

You're very stupid in your brain.
The thing pain you abi...awon omo radara, how can you consider selling your mothers grave and plan to prosper with the proceeds and idiot like you see notting wrong....no wonder many like you are roaming the streets unclad.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yetunsbay(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2022
I pray for u long live. Put yourself in ur mum position,will ur spirit be happy with such child ?

My advice continue the hussle try out scholarship to fund the schooling and if it doesn't work then better offer will come
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Beey(f): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Have you thought about the future when you have kids and they’d want to see their grandma’s final resting place? I don’t see that as a decision to consider. However, you got a very good advise of exhuming her remains and then bury somewhere else. With this option, her memory would be preserved. I don’t know about Nigeria but in Kenya, a court order must be obtained before exhumation and police officers must be present during the process. You may also want to involve the elders of your community and religious leaders if you are religious.Buy a permanent grave in a cemetery and put her to rest there. The other factor to consider before leaving to the UK for a masters degree, is the course of study you want to pursue. STEM careers are the in thing today especially abroad. Make sure you spend your money on a course that will yield results. Some careers like nursing maybe cheaper to pursue in Nigeria and then apply for a job in the UK. You’d have some short training and an exam before getting licensed to practice there. It’d save you thousands of Euros that you’d probably have to spend in school there.That would save you so much money. Good luck!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by lomprico(m): 9:34am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You can exhume her corpse an take it along to the UK too! undecided
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Elidrisy20: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2022
Sell it and japa
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by toprealman: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
With thus your attitude, even if you are given free visa to USA, you will find something to nag about. Do you think people live on NL waiting for impatient self centered minds like you ti show up with questions they know is just for formality since they have made their mind up and will definitely refuse to change.
Sell everything in that house if you want.....Happy now?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by rukyboy(m): 9:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Don't try it!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by DeejayLiquid: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Its a difficult decision to make.... If you sell the house and fund your UK educational pursuit it is for the betterment of your future and on the other hand you will loose where your mum is buried and she wont be remembered.
I will suggest you sell the house but first before you do. Do a ceremonial exhuming, In my tribe we do it. Just pack some sand from the grave and take it to a new site for burial. either to her village or a burial ground.
i think this is the best advice.. goodluck
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by misterjosh(m): 9:43am On Apr 27, 2022
If possible, fence out where her grave is and sell the rest.
Also will you see someone will to buy a property will a grave on it...
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by PROPHETmichael: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

First of all, you need to understand that life in the UK is not what you see on tv, it's tough and if you don't have someone on ground to show you the way, it will be depressing and suicidal for you. You will need money to survive atleast the first 6 months of your stay before your eyes start opening.

Send me a PM let's talk further.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
You are a big foool who can barely read to understand. Even after selling your mother's house as a shameful* son that you are, you couldn't pay for a good education so that you can read and understand simple comments.

I mentioned the mother was buried 5yrs ago, and it's too early to temper with the burial ground. Show me where I mentioned spirits you stupidd dickheadd. My dad was buried in a house, he was the one who told us that's where he would love to be buried when he dies' in future. Some parents mention where they would like to be buried and they work hard to buy such a property. Such properties should not be sold too early. A useless' son like you, can even sale his mother's burial ground' after a week of burial, bastardd. [/b]

Thank you,at least I give charity in her name,celebrate her post humous birthday and go to pray for her in her grave which is enough.

As for you,I ll advice you take up a job as a mortuary attendant in a grave yard close to you,so u empathize and cry with the dead very well,who knows you may lay with a male corpse that is still having erection so you honour the corpse by copulating with it out of your share sympathy and gesture of good faith.

Na the devil in human form wey we dey talk be this
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by a2d3rew(m): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2022
Are you sleeping there abi u have ur own house ? If u have ur own house then sell it,.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Truvelisback(m): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Why not give the house out for rentage?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Perfecttouchade: 9:46am On Apr 27, 2022
My brother , let her spirit rest..if u pray very well, help will locate you..if that women didn't kill you or harm till she raised u and lost her life, why will u ever thought of doing this to her...go to the bank and get a loan , some banks do offer student loan, show them proofs and see what the outcome would be. Iya Ni Wura lojokojo even even if she's dead
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by PROPHETmichael: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
Why not give the house out for rentage?

Who will rent a house with a grave inside?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Joeyjones(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it
Did something happen to your keyboard?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Lightorder: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Its a difficult decision to make.... If you sell the house and fund your UK educational pursuit it is for the betterment of your future and on the other hand you will loose where your mum is buried and she wont be remembered.
I will suggest you sell the house but first before you do. Do a ceremonial exhuming, In my tribe we do it. Just pack some sand from the grave and take it to a new site for burial. either to her village or a burial ground.
so the only sin your late mum committed was leaving a house for you. Why not assume that you don’t have such property to sell. Why is it that people in Lagos do this a lot. Behind my own house, they sold part of their family house. Their mum was buried in a tenant’s bedroom. People knew when they sold part of the living room and carved out the rented bedroom. Where I come from , it is never done
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by nams77: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .
Nothing but the cold, hard truth cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Sassy256(f): 9:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You want to sell a house with your mum's grave in it? Hmmm. How do people even consider such things?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ebenezer4141(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2022
buygala:
What shall it profit you that you sell the house to fund your Masters and then come back to Nigeria and be homeless?

Note that the doing Masters in the UK doesn't guarantee that you will be allowed to work there after studies.. They will mostly collect your money, give you an MSC, and put you back on the plane to Murtala Muhammed Airport grin

From your statement that you are teaching in a private school, I guess it is safe to assume that your course of study isn't very marketable like the Medical sciences or Engineering... Or that you are not brilliant enough or lucky enough for well-paying companies to employ you.. The fact that you are not even on any kind of scholarship for your Masters give credence to the fact say you no too sabi book or your course of study is...well...not much in demand..

My point is... Don't sell your mother's house and grave site on a directionless whim... Do your research and be sure you have at least an 80% chance of being allowed to work in the abroad before you commit yourself... Because you will understand real wahala when you come back to Nigeria with a piece of paper that many other people have and are still jobless, and still end up being homeless.. .

So scholarships are given to people that "too sabi book" these days abi??
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Truvelisback(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
PROPHETmichael:

Who will rent a house with a grave inside?
There are People who would rent the house.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Sparkle777(f): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
So u think getting an oyibo msc will guarantee ur future, am sure a very useless friend is behind all this. They wil collect ur money and give u a certificate that may not get u a job here and send u parking.
You sound like a child I wouldn't want to have at all. I pity mothers that over sacrificed for their kids.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Laren24(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
If selling your mothers grave is the best option to prosper in life then you just as stupid as the OP...many of you will run mad because of your stupid indiscretion. You don't know the implication because you are just as stupid. What advice does a stupid fella deserve. Indomie generation.

No matter how much you think you are wise, you're still very stupid for insulting thinking you're giving him advice. Again, if you don't have better things to tell the guy don't insult him. Bastard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hilarious Picture Of A UNN Finalist's Celebration Program / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA / OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.