Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,003 members, 7,806,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. (19529 Views)

University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Senate Building (Photos) / Student Holding Python In University Of Maiduguri For Her CA Test / Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by youngest85(m): 7:32am On Apr 25, 2022
Memphitz357:
The mod that banned me earlier will not live to see the remainder of 2022 angry
Your curse cannot work neither your prayers
Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by diplomat058(m): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Sir Japan still remains an Empire ooo and may be so until Jesus comes.

The Japanese Empire was never dissolved. She was demilitarized and her "growing wings" clipped by powers that be.

Japan still remains an Empire with many still seeing the Emperor as the "son of heaven".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Japan

Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2022
diplomat058:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Japan

Sir, please go to the official website of the government of Japan.

Though the Prime minister is the head of government, Japan remains an Empire.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by diplomat058(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Sir, please go to the official website of the government of Japan.

Though the Prime minister is the head of government, Japan remains an Empire.

Japan cannot be an Empire without constituent colonies. Have you seen any Empire that was defeated in a war and occupied by the victors, yet remained an Empire? That can't be cos such Empire would be dissolved and it's colonial possessions would be taken from it. Just as the Ottoman Empire, Italian Empire, Roman Empire, Austria-Hungarian Empire, and so on. Japan is no longer an Empire. I already provided you creditable reference. The Empire of Japan was dissolved by McArthur in 1947 and was replaced by the Kingdom of Japan, a constitutional Monarchy with a pacifist constitution. The King and Queen retained their titles of Emperor and Empress just for honorary purposes, not because Japan is an Empire.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2022
diplomat058:

Japan cannot be an Empire without constituent colonies. Have you seen any Empire that was defeated in a war and occupied by the victors, yet remained an Empire? That can't be cos such Empire would be dissolved and it's colonial possessions would be taken from it. Just as the Ottoman Empire, Italian Empire, Roman Empire, Austria-Hungarian Empire, and so on. Japan is no longer an Empire. I already provided you creditable reference. The Empire of Japan was dissolved by McArthur in 1947 and was replaced by the Kingdom of Japan, a constitutional Monarchy with a pacifist constitution. The King and Queen retained their titles of Emperor and Empress just for honorary purposes, not because Japan is an Empire.

As per the bolded, it's true that the they retain the titles as honourary titles. However, Japan still calls herself an Empire and refers to the sovereign as "the Emperor".

However, you need to know the origin of the Empire of Japan and why the topmost ruler is called the "Emperor".

Japan was ruled in the old times by shoguns[/i] who were like military kings in their respective areas. These shoguns weld lots of powers until the Empire of Japan was formed. All shoguns were under the Emperor who ruled over them and with time, had the power to appoint and depose shoguns. Hence the reason why Japan is being referred to as an Empire. Past Emperors of Japan stretched their lands northwards with more subservient lords and chiefs in their own right. Most of those lands are now part of the country called Japan. That was how Japan became an Empire in the first place.

For instance, Emperor Ras Tafari Mekonen, later Haile Selassie I, was the Negus[i]
(meaning King of kings) of Ethiopia. Yet he was exiled by the Italian occupational forces but was still Emperor till he returned but he was ultimately disposed and the Empire abolished.

Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by diplomat058(m): 9:15am On Apr 25, 2022
DaveDGreat:

As per the bolded, it's true that the they retain the titles as honourary titles. However, Japan still calls herself an Empire and refers to the sovereign as "the Emperor".

However, you need to know the origin of the Empire of Japan and why the topmost ruler is called the "Emperor".

Japan was ruled in the old times by shoguns[/i] who were like military kings in their respective areas. These shoguns weld lots of powers until the Empire of Japan was formed. All shoguns were under the Emperor who ruled over them and with time, had the power to appoint and depose shoguns. Hence the reason why Japan is being referred to as an Empire. Past Emperors of Japan stretched their lands northwards with more subservient lords and chiefs in their own right. Most of those lands are now part of the country called Japan. That was how Japan became an Empire in the first place.

For instance, Emperor Ras Tafari Mekonen, later Haile Selassie I, was the Negus[i]
(meaning King of kings) of Ethiopia. Yet he was exiled by the Italian occupational forces but was still Emperor till he returned but he was ultimately disposed and the Empire abolished.

Lols. I don't even understand your argument. How can Japan remain an Empire after the Empire of Japan has been dissolved and the constitution recognizes the state as Kingdom of Japan. Until now, you have not provided me with any valid reference. I can't see "Empire of Japan" in the screenshot you attached. Pls provide an evidence where Japan refer to itself as Empire of Japan in official capacity. The current Japan is officially known as [b]Japan. [/b]Every other thing you does not relate to the main argument here pls.

Attached are some screenshots of the official names of countries in the UN register. Japan included.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2022
diplomat058:

Lols. I don't even understand your argument. How can Japan remain an Empire after the Empire of Japan has been dissolved and the constitution recognizes the state as Kingdom of Japan. Until now, you have not provided me with any valid reference. I can't see "Empire of Japan" in the screenshot you attached. Pls provide an evidence where Japan refer to itself as Empire of Japan in official capacity. The current Japan is officially known as [b]Japan. [/b]Every other thing you does not relate to the main argument here pls.

Attached are some screenshots of the official names of countries in the UN register. Japan included.

OK. But if we are to go by your logic and by the screenshot you provided there, then Jordan and Jamaica are not monarchies since they didn't put the "Kingdom of" before these two countries.

Jordan has a king and Jamaica has a Queen but Jamaica calls herself Jamaica and that's it.

That's my point actually. Japan doesn't need to "reconquest" China and Korea to remain an Empire. She is already one and she has an Emperor recognised by her government.

But you're correct in many ways though.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Mourns It’s Chancellor, The Alaafin Of Oyo. by Toyyib199696: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2022
Am buying btc and usdt in bulk @a very good rate.

WhatsApp: +2348167230589

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State born Prof Anyanwu to be Vice Chancellor of an American University / Biscuit Bone VS Brisket Bone / 16-Year-Old Ogun Student, Oloruntola Mutiu Oluwaseyi Scores Nine A1s In WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.