Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. (24169 Views)

Do We Have Devs That Started Their First Role At Mid-level? / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:53pm On May 08, 2022
shiffynaani:
Good evening boss. I applied tfor google data analysis course and i was taken.

Boss should I start the course? Hope it's also profitable and high in demand like web dev and can also be done remotely too?

Thanks sir

Follow your passions.

3 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Follow your passions.
I'm surprised to hear you say this

2 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by belovez(m): 9:36pm On May 08, 2022
SeunLanLege:
Wow

@op this is the Man earning the cool money, one and only SeunLanLege D Rust Developer, your story was inspiring.

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:36pm On May 08, 2022
DrLevi:

I'm surprised to hear you say this

If I say what is on my mind I will be beheaded on this section grin grin. He has already enrolled so he should do it

3 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Hannania(m): 1:55am On May 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

If I say what is on my mind I will be beheaded on this section grin grin. He has already enrolled so he should do it
You never disappoint with this replies, do you grin grin

I knew there was something behind that response earlier grin grin
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by logik29(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Oh yeah DSA isn't hard. It just requires practice. I remember when I started I really hated it but I am not even good and I am passing some of the technical interviews I have had somewhat. I think I will be very good with more months of practice.

I'm not doubting you o boss...but how can one master DSA without knowing how to code ?
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32am On May 25, 2022
logik29:

I'm not doubting you o boss...but how can one master DSA without knowing how to code ?

You have to know how to code to master dsa. It's the building block of software.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by logik29(m): 9:41am On May 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You have to know how to code to master dsa. It's the building block of software.

Thank you.

I was just shooked at what the boss(misterRobot) you replied to said.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Tobedated(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Follow your passions.
Hey sir, i've been studying web development for a while now and i can write good html and css code i'll be moving to javascript soon, but i really want to know what being an software developer is really like,
how to develop connections, how to get a job and other stuff.
my request is can i please send you an email i know you're busy and if thats not possible its fine but i'll really appreciate it if you can help i just want to have a chat with you on software development i want to learn from an actual software developer thanks

cc: plat0 or platO
GeneralDae
The Traveler
airsaylongcome
Hannania
monikulapo
Studymore123

you know what i think i'm doing this too early i'm going to go back to my studies now i'll be back in a few month with all the necessities learned this is a promise so for the amazing people i mention if you're open for a chat great but if you're not please wish me goodluck

2 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:52pm On May 25, 2022
Tobedated:

Hey sir, i've been studying web development for a while now and i can write good html and css code i'll be moving to javascript soon, but i really want to know what being an web developer is really like, how to develop connections, how to get a job and other stuff my request can i please send you an email i know you're busy and if thats not possible its fine but i'll really appreaiate it if you can help i'll just want to have a chat with you on web development i want to learn from an actual web developer thanks

Well I don't believe in connections. I never needed it. I apply to jobs online, get interviews, pass and get an offer. You can send me a PM Sha but I dont teach Sha but I can chat.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Tobedated(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Well I don't believe in connections. I never needed it. I apply to jobs online, get interviews, pass and get an offer. You can send me a PM Sha but I dont teach Sha but I can chat.
thank you so much a simple chat thats all i want i'll send a pm to you in a short while
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Tobedated(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2022
I've sent an email sir
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by airsaylongcome: 11:29pm On May 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I think he used connections in terms of networking with other more experienced folks. I don't think he meant man-know-man. Quick question though, why don't you teach?
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33pm On May 25, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I think he used connections in terms of networking with other more experienced folks. I don't think he meant man-know-man. Quick question though, why don't you teach?

I am still teaching myself o plus no time. I work at least 8 hours everyday after that I need to solve at least one question on leetcode cause I am presently interviewing and I am getting such kind of tests thrown at me left, right and center then I am learning nodejs. Really weird but the skill is being asked for at the jobs I am applying even in Salesforce roles. Nothing crazy Sha just the basics. By the time I am done with my itinerary it's like 1 am and I am feeling sleepy.

4 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by akin101: 5:06pm On May 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

bro.....abeg what do you have against data analytics.......
abeg share your mind, make people no go enter bush
bros abeg o
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by CaveAdullam: 8:00pm On May 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Tensa... "I go join send PM o".

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Xinjin: 9:00pm On May 26, 2022
akin101:

bro.....abeg what do you have against data analytics.......
abeg share your mind, make people no go enter bush
bros abeg o
IT field is generally lucrative. what he has against DS should not deter you from going into it. it's different domain with different requirements. However some of the important things you should check when going into an IT field include; opportunities, job demands, pay, passion, career growth etc. research more!

2 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Karnice600: 8:58am On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Damn tech is so crazy. Even I get shocked of the kind of things I see everyday. Some survey was done on the salaries of Blockchain developers and the least salary came in at 650 USD a month and the highest came in at 30k USD a month.

I thought the 30k USD a month figure was just a lie until someone posted his total compensation in a data structures group I am a member of on Facebook. It came down to 33k USD a month and this person lives in Nigeria. Dropped out of futa after 2 years like has no degree and has been able to achieve this whereas someone with PhD Is teaching for 30k naira a month.

Life no balance o. God, tech is just one crazy field. Its why we should remain humble o cause no matter how big you think you are a ton of people are bigger.

That pay wouldn't fascinate you, if you are result oriented and given to solving problems around you for enhancement and easy living.
That differentiates consumers from producers.
Its high time Nigerian youths took up a course for who they are and what they require to effect a productive environment.., not running after naira bills at the expense of real value, for consumption. This is how our politicians think too. Ex governors wanna be senators for the money attached, not the values to be given.
This could be why we may never have a Silicon Valley in Nigeria, even if we may get to have the highest number of devs in the globe.
The reward that goes with result driven passion is wealth, not just "money". Wealth means your name can raise money for itself.
Come on guys, let's be different.., different from these political errors. Kill this Nigerian bug. It'll take us no where. Individually successful but collectively impoverished, cos everyone is consuming, none contributing.
I don't even know why I'm saying all of these.

2 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2022
Karnice600:

That pay wouldn't fascinate you, if you are result oriented and given to solving problems around you for enhancement and easy living.
Its high time Nigerian youths took up a course for who they are and what they require to effect a productive environment.., not running after naira bills at the expense of real value, for consumption. This is how our politicians think too. Ex governors wanna be senators for the money attached, not the values to be given.
This could be why we may never have a Silicon Valley in Nigeria, even if we may get to have the highest number of devs in the globe.
The reward that goes with result driven passion is wealth, not just "money". Wealth means your name can raise money for itself.
Come on guys, let's be different.., different from these political errors. Kill this Nigerian bug. It'll take us no where. Individually successful but collectively impoverished, cos everyone is consuming, none contributing.

I don pass this stage bros. You can solve Nigerian problems I can even send you some algorithm manuals which you can read and use. I am only interested in working a big job and earning big money smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by plat0: 10:25am On May 27, 2022
Karnice600:

I like your thought process but this is Nigeria, money is a big problem. You want people to ditch money for passion when they are unsure about their next meal or cash for rent ? sad

5 Likes

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by The5DME(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2022
Karnice600:

So when we follow this your advice, how will the bills get paid then, or do you think following passion will automatically, erase the bills?

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Deicide: 10:54am On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It seems European companies love fibonnaci and no they will absolutely never accept the easy o two n squared solution which everyone knows. The one I did but failed the behavioral interview asked for an ologn solution which I had to use the binets method to solve. I currently have another interview with a company in Denmark and I got the same thing and I am required to solve it in a different way though this was much easier than the first. Most of this interview questions get repeated after a while.
You can get Fibonacci in O(1) using the golden ratio, though they might be problem with accuracy. But then wouldn't they accept DP solution?
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tolusneh: 11:03am On May 27, 2022
Lol, don't be surprised about that, there are some that make more than that , tech is the new oil.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2022
Deicide:

You can get Fibonacci in O(1) using the golden ratio, though they might be problem with accuracy. But then wouldn't they accept DP solution?

They wouldn't have. The dynamic programming solution runs in o(n).
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Deicide: 11:21am On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

They wouldn't have. The dynamic programming solution runs in o(n).
Haha bit it's still better than O(2^n) recursive solution by far grin no be say person go use all this stuff for the main work o.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Karnice600: 2:15pm On May 27, 2022
plat0:
I like your thought process but this is Nigeria, money is a big problem. You want people to ditch money for passion when they unsure about their next meal or cash for rent ? sad

Nah. I didn't talk about ditching the money. I'm talking about the "drive". It could be money oriented or solution driven. Either way, you'll definitely get rich, but making a difference requires the latter.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Karnice600: 2:22pm On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I don pass this stage bros. You can solve Nigerian problems I can even send you some algorithm manuals which you can read and use. I am only interested in working a big job and earning big money smiley

Lol. You've not gotten to that stage cos you weren't headed in that direction to begin with.
Whichever way, you still get the money you want. Of course getting a big job is fine. Who said anyone shouldn't?
I was only thinking out loud. Didn't mean any harm. Just go for what you want bro. Don't take this personal. Cheers
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by plat0: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
Karnice600:

Nah. I didn't talk about ditching the money. I'm talking about the "drive". It could be money oriented or solution driven. Either way, you'll definitely get rich, but making a difference requires the latter.

I feel you but you need a safety net to serve as a buffer if it doesn't work out. The silicon valley guys you made reference to had options, even if their ventures failed, they had something to fall back on, you should read OUTLIERS by Malcolm Gladwell.
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by plat0: 2:31pm On May 27, 2022
I'd love to start a business in the long run but for now I'm focused on working to earn..

1 Like

Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Karnice600: 2:33pm On May 27, 2022
The5DME:
So when we follow this your advice, how will the bills get paid then, or do you think following passion will automatically, erase the bills?

Hahaha. I was only thinking out loud. Whichever way your bills will get paid. I understand its about the pressure. No one is saying you shouldn't go for that hot job. No. Making money and making a difference are two different things. I was talking about the latter. There are very few guys on that page, cos it looks stupid to many..,
But its okay man. Just go for what you want ifit makes you happy. Cheers!
Re: So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. by Hannania(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2022
Karnice600:

You forgot that part where the value we provide as developers is what brings the money.

It's not bad to dream big man, but hey!! Don't just look at the success stories of paystack, Kuda. , Jumia. , Flutterswave and page and think ambition and drive is all that needs to be. From your " Motivational " points, I can clearly see you don't have an idea what's going under the hood in the startup phase in Nigeria.

Silicon Vally strives based on the enacted and protected laws of The State of California, bro!! You don't wanna know what it takes to have a successful startup in Nigeria.

But then, not all of us are with an ethical mindset. I will never "Follow the system" and feed a fat bullock in Abuja with the future success of my firm just because I want to have a successful startup. I won't give you details, but exposure to the space here in lagos for the past one year has made me see why my dreams and ethical mindset can not work in Nigeria.

This is Nairaland, come 2-3 years , you won't be writing this "Motivational" notes.

Reality and hypothesis are two different things

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming / Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.