Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos (56914 Views)

Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by yongg: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

This is very funny.

grin Lols... My dear, I have seen things

But it is true. A preventive measure I use is to disrupt the food chain that lead to the entry of such reptiles at least. The target to completely obliterate the food chain where possible... But not when I'm within the habitat, lols �

Eddieofficial2:
My own case is even worse, I rented this mini flat in Ijegun last year for 150k, even though the rooms are small, but I was happy because the money was small compared to the comfort I thought I will enjoy afterwards,. Mehn, as the matter dey now, na snake, scorpion, rats, ants and mosquitoes I dey battle with daily. Funniest thing b say, I pay for 2 years

For rat gums, I prefer to use the resin gums... Rats are smart so don't buy one. Simply assess the doorways or areas that receive alot of rodent traffic and seal it all up with the resin gums (rat gum) the whole length of the door. That means you must buy at least 3 - 4 to seal a door way(you can remove it during daytime). Be careful not to step on it and evacuate every catch asap

However, if it's an epidemic and one wants to decisively eradicate then just use "indosid" capsule/tablets or rat poison just as it happened during that Lassa fever movement. It was bliss experiencing the absence of such heavy looking rodents early evenings onward.

For insects, use "green leaf" powder. It is very effective. I know you may want to be tempted to use a whole lot when you remember the havoc of the insects that invade your space but don't, instead divide one sachet into 3 or 4 parts and use one part on the first wave (it's that good) let the rest remain in the sachet clipped/wrapped and well stored. Use the second wave of the powder 4 - 7 days later to clear the young adults that came looking for their ancestors and replace them in food gathering (also use this opportunity to look for their hide out for more effective wave 3 two weeks after wave 2).

In wave 3 (two weeks later), you are targeting home base and traffic routes in expectation of new spawns, new hatchlings, and new entries. You are looking for spots not well sealed like window to wall spots, within door panels, door frames to walls, manhole meeting pipes ( I had to do mine outside when I found cockroaches where showing up due to the change of the season to a rainy one).

This is important as I find alot of buildings in Lagos available for low to mid income persons are just built without consideration for living comfort just because the person is a tenant and didn't build the house, and worse, without regulations. It's annoying, very.

Personal experience here, if you have ever been invaded by those cockroaches from the airport, you will be thankful you know about green leaf. Those roaches are a different species from those big reddish brown ones we have native to us. Unlike their local counterpart, they are really bold and multiply endlessly in any crevice you can imagine. If you can imagine any crevice, they are there or will fill it shortly. If you bring out food or water, they will come out from their hiding places and embarrass the hell out of you. You just can't win those things easily.

For the mosquitoes, simply use nets to prevent them from entering your space on all openings to the exterior, well sealed ( you can used silicon sealant or adhesive tape). Other preventives is clearing up stagnant water in old drums, gutters, draining tyres of their water etc or clear bushes if you can help it. If you live in the creeks(or places with large fields or a good amount of vegetation) like I did, God help you (those mosquitoes were huge, if you moved through a room, you know for sure when your body hit theirs, heavy).

If you use insecticides, I believe you would be wasting your time because they have built resistance to it, like alot. Also, I don't like the smell of insecticide whether ok or not... I especially hate sniper concoctions... Big smell for nothing yet the cockroaches and mosquitoes hit are so small. In fact these days, those insects move about their business as if nothing is happening meanwhile you applying the sniper are coughing up a storm.

If you want to go all out on mosquitoes �, watch the video I will attach... Caveat is you will need electricity to keep them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rovuyeXl42Y

It is no joke, you give your whole community relief from mosquitoes doing this. In fact, you can meet your local head/chief for the post of commissioner of mosquito affairs if you will. I hear Ned is campaigning against mosquitoes and malaria, which better way than to attack them like this?

I believe the green leaf will also take care of the scorpions and spiders. By the time you remove these small insects and rodents, you will also have eliminated the geckos too because you have taken away their food( those insects you dealt with earlier). When you don't have any of those around, you will rarely battle with a snake for space outside heating(or comfort). Snakes like warm places to be at, outside feeding, except it's a wandering reptile.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Opolopoopolonio: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nice expose embarassed

More of this please smiley
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by SaintUlot: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

As in, I am seeing this congested dark house and say it is not my portion? I had a list of RED FLAGS saved in my notes. I whip it out and start checking. If I see just one red flag kpere, nothing you fit tell me.

There was this fine apartment they took me to then. As I put one leg, I saw these boys with slippers and socks. I looked one side and saw their Lexus. Naso I turn back immediately. Ojuwa oni ribi o!

What is the interpretation of those signs you saw?
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by 27Pushing30: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
NOwazobia:
Obviously one of Tinubu broughtopi!

So much youth empowerment Tinubu has done in Lagos.

God forbid him as the president of this shithole, esle it turns to soakaway.

Men like him exist in every state, local government and council

Stop being petty

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by yongg: 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
cl0r0x:
I know an army major who is looking for a temporary house to do a course around, I will lure him to rent that house grin

What's your deal, to connect high potential voilence together? grin
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Prechy08(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
ownership my personal experience in this house.

2017 i was looking for your seriously, I was planning to settle down, so I need to leave my glorious self contain in sawmill gbagada. I saw this house online called the agent because of the beautiful thing they wrote. We went for inspection, if you know that house well, there is one on the front and one at the back, so I was take to the one at the back, ground-floor. Yes the kitchen was good, it has a store room but the turn off was the bedroom was dark, even in the day time and you have to bend your head to enter.

After inspection I was taken to the landlord who was already sitting outside. We talked and sensing my reservation he offered me a 30k discount. That was the beginning of my alertness. So while we were discussing a tenant passes he called the guy and asked if he is not enjoying the house. The guy said he was.

I observed the way he called the guy like a military man and sensed the reluctant answer the guy gave. Na so I tell landlord say make him give me account number I go transfer the following day from office. He wanted me to give him something as commitment, I no gree.

That was how I escaped, him and the agent called me tire the following day I no pick

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by yongg: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
If I live in such house and the man disrespect me or threaten me, I ll simply buy 10liters of fuel and burn down the house. The burning will start from my room. I will just pray that no one gets hurt in the process.

But that will be arsony arson. In court, you would have turned a civil case (and possible criminal case) in which you had the upper hand and leverage to a criminal case against yourself.

Just report him to the Justice Court.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-zJ5y-7mFHxpgFB3VoV_Q

And win, stresslessly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
yongg:

But that will be arsony. In court, you would have turned a civil case (and possible criminal case) in which you had the upper hand and leverage to a criminal case against you.

Just report him to the Justice Court.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-zJ5y-7mFHxpgFB3VoV_Q

And win, stresslessly.
They whole legal process will be both time and money consuming, plus, looking at the guy, he seems like someone who will know how to manoeuver his way and manipulate the system to his favor.

They will never be able to prove it, after all my own property go join burn

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by yongg: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
They whole legal process will be both time and money consuming, plus, looking at the guy, he seems like someone who will know how to manoeuver his way and manipulate the system to his favor.

They will never be able to prove it, after all my own property go join burn

Lols grin
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by M23M(f): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
space9880:
scam

How did you come to conclusion? It is people like you that will donate N100m to politicians who have already looted the country dry to buy party form and will still not change anything in the country but if you see someone begging for alm, you quickly tag scam.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by prickursense: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
Do your home work. Don't give money without testimonials or references. Most people get stuck because of the cursed estate agents who trick people into renting the yeye apartment. If the house is already sinking, in no time it will fall. So stay away from the property ASAP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by michlins(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
somehow:

How many countries have you lived in?
he will not answer you
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Poleski: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
All these former tenants complaining now, didn't they check the house first before renting apartments there?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by GloriousGbola: 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2022
pocohantas:

There was this fine apartment they took me to then. As I put one leg, I saw these boys with slippers and socks. I looked one side and saw their Lexus. Naso I turn back immediately. Ojuwa oni ribi o!

Poco has radioactive yahoo sense cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by tunashg: 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Caveat emptor

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by space9880: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
M23M:

How did you come to conclusion? It is people like you that will donate N100m to politicians who have already looted the country dry to buy party form and will still not change anything in the country but if you see someone begging for alm, you quickly tag scam.
send money at your own peril wetin concern me and politician
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by edoairways: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Going through all the comments, u would understand why afonjas like slavery and why they called Igbos arrogant fellows. An average Igbos no fit tolerate that kind nonsense and that's why some landlords or landlady does not want Igbos to avoid somebody that will be challenging them in their wrong doings
That is not totally correct

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Aaay: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Wont you see what you are paying for which one is warning

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by ImaIma1(f): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hahahaha I know this house. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by emmanuelbrown26: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
edoairways:

That is not totally correct
In Nigeria, an average afonja can swallow any shit, seconded by some parts of Akwa Ibom.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 11:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sheggy13:

You don't take nonsense but your governor Ikpeazu is owing your fathers and mothers salary arrears of a whole year and fed them kerosene upon they yet you re-elected him. What kind of slavery can be more than that? Idiots.

I like Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2022
Wow!

I read everything, and I am stunned! The ghoulish nature of Lagos and indeed most parts of Nigeria is something better imagined than experienced. But jokes aside, Nigeria is a lawless sh!thole!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Father4all: 4:53am On Apr 26, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter user @alexlobaloba has taken to the bird app to warn Nigerians against renting a particular property. In his words…

SOURCE

Let’s save unsuspecting house-hunters o.
you just talking rubbish. You didn't mention the reason why they left
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by AlphaTaikun: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
pocohantas:
Twitter user @alexlobaloba has taken to the bird app to warn Nigerians against renting a particular property. In his words…

SOURCE

Let’s save unsuspecting house-hunters o.
Lol.
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by AlphaTaikun: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
pocohantas:

As in, I am seeing this congested dark house and say it is not my portion? I had a list of RED FLAGS saved in my notes. I whip it out and start checking. If I see just one red flag kpere, nothing you fit tell me.

Intuition... wink
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by Neonzy: 12:31am On Jan 02, 2023
Hmmm, Akindele, it's God that will punish that man
& d agent that took me 2 d house. My 100k is still with that man that he refused to give me.

I went through hell with that man. If I start to narrate the story I'll not finish it today.

But my God will judge him & the agent
Re: Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos by tabithababy(f): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
Haaaa, this is serious

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3-Storey Building Collapses In Ago Palace Way, Lagos / Lekki Phase 1: Can You Live In This Area(photos) / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.