Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 AM

Is It Really A Religion Of Peace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Really A Religion Of Peace? (516 Views)

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really A Religion Of Peace? by Caliente(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
[size=13pt]Someone said there’s a bit of violence in every religion, that may not be far from the truth since every religion has the good, the bad and the ugly people sandwiched in them.  But is this violent mode activated as a defense tactics or on the offensive? Is it activated temporarily when threatened or threatening others or is it permanent? Is it used to spread the religion or to defend it? Is this violence demanded by the respective “holy book” of the religion? Does the religion state any reward for unleashing such violence? Etc. Etc. Etc.

I’m sick of being sick of hearing Islam is a religion of peace when every time I hear about religious violence in the name of Islam. Or indeed Islam is a religion of peace in theory like perfect market conditions in economics. Imagine northern muslims calling southern faithfuls fake muslim. WHY?

Probably because the southern muslims are;
1) Not violent and blood thirsty like those in the north
2) Largely educated/exposed and can discern for themselves
3) Not probably infesting the ecosystem with almajiri ever ready to cause destruction
4) …………………….you can add more

Correct me if I’m wrong, I hear that if a bloodlust or vampire muslim dies in jihad that 7 virgins will be waiting for the person in heaven. Imagine such a motivation to get to heaven the islam way. A dude blows himself and other innocent lives to smithereens that gets you a one way ticket to heaven plus 7 virgins waiting for you to get your ffuucckk on I guess. That must be one freaky heaven.

My cousin who once lived up north told me how a close friend and class mate of his tried to kill him during one of the riots back then. The riot started one hot Friday afternoon after prayers. With his face covered he and his group pursued my cousin and others. Unfortunately for the "jihadists", they got outnumbered. A fight ensued his comrades fled and he was disarmed and face revealed. Lo and behold it was Musa that everyone knew and laughed with. They beat the 1.7m tone shitt out of him. It’s scary to think that in their teens, their conscience has been programmed and equipped to kill with no regard for human life even for close friends. Maybe there’s a special heavenly package for killing a close friend like the Mangekyo Sharingan in Naruto anime. I hear people say their muslim friend called them unclean. That’s an euphemism for infidel. Give such muslim friends the right motivation and they’ll use your blood to score some islam heavenly point/credit.

Honestly, to be blunt and devoid of any shred of sentiment, the ease ans speed with which the supposed peaceful muslims are radicalized into weapons of violence/destruction, is it safe to say all muslims are potential terrorists given the proper treatment/motivation irrespective of whether its almajiri or educated Abdulmuttalab? As bitter as it may taste, it could the truth until the current trend of terror is reversed.

CAVEAT: I DO NOT HATE MUSLIMS. I JUST HATE MUSLIMS KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE AS A DICTATE OF ISLAM.

Culled from My Two Kobo.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Wetin Concern Pastor On Choice Of Partner / Controversy Over Christmas GKS Challenges Churche / Why Is Our Ladies So Despirate In Getting Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.