Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' (32577 Views)

Mauricio Pochettino: PSG Reach Agreement To Part Ways With Head Coach / PSG Fans boo own players. focusing especially on Messi and Neymar / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
Messi is not signed to come and be the team highest goal scorer and take the team from 2nd position of last season to 6th position this season. The motive was to help them reclaim the league title they lost last season and he had successful done that.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Bluebrain101: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

Are you a footballer ? Messi is what ? How many parts of attacks are for the strikers ? How many times did Messi play behind 3 front men ? Stop confusing football . Do you watch Kane play ? For gameplay , you’ve not seen team with less 30% possession win game ? Did Ronaldo start as a striker ? How goals did Ronaldo score between 2003-2007 ? You don’t even answer my debates . Remove Messi from PSG team , his absence won’t be felt . Remove his contributions ( goals and the AI assists ) , PSG will still win the League .

Messi plays as a Right wing forward or some times as a false 9. See Check Messi's passes, attack, dribbles because you can't say they are not contributions. Remove all his passes and forward movement and imagine he lost all those balls and went backwards instead of forward. I know you will still say PSG would have won the league so need to ask

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

In 20-30 years to come , what you will remember it’s goals not dribbling 11 people. People pay to watch goals . Can you rewatch a 0-0 match , over 1-0, 1-1 or score match . Goals win matches . That penalty he lost against Madrid cost PSG ( that’s hindsight). Ronaldo lost a PK against Boro , it cost Utd.
Messi and Ronaldo are strikers . They are judged by goals and trophies they won with it .
Remove Messi goals , you will see he is irrelevant to PSG team . Without him , they will still win Ligue 1.
Like how they won it last season without Messi.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by tarantino1: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

Are you a footballer ? Messi is what ? How many parts of attacks are for the strikers ? How many times did Messi play behind 3 front men ? Stop confusing football . Do you watch Kane play ? For gameplay , you’ve not seen team with less 30% possession win game ? Did Ronaldo start as a striker ? How goals did Ronaldo score between 2003-2007 ? You don’t even answer my debates . Remove Messi from PSG team , his absence won’t be felt . Remove his contributions ( goals and the AI assists ) , PSG will still win the League .

You dey mind them? They'll tell you that Ronaldo played 19 seasons as a CF forgetting that the man scored 31 goals in a single season as a Midfielder.

Then they keep yapping the nonsense of Messi playing as a Midfielder and that's why he scored less goals this season. The man played as a RW this season.

Mo Salah who plays in the same position in the most difficult league in the world has 22 goals and 12 assists.

In fact 8 of Messi's 13 assists this season was against the 17th and 18th placed teams in Ligue 1.

Leave them to rewrite the story. There think say there fit deceive everybody.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by donprinyo(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
If he retires today, nobody will still be greater than him
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Lamasta(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
Messi lost connection when he left Barca
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Hellonearth: 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

French league. Lol. By EPL standards, that's just 2 goals. Abeg shift

Ronaldo's 10+ goals if transferred to french league, would amount to atleast 40 goals

Shut your gutters there and go get a life.
C7 and Messi is living their dream while u are here masturbating ontheir dream.

Get a life and face your life and make it meaningful

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by phemmyfour: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Pogba has been inconsistent and injured this season. Bruno has been abysmal (he even missed a penalty on Saturday), Varane has been injured for most of the season. Greenwood has been a selfish prat and has not played for quite some time now. Rashford has been poor this season and Cavani has been injured so there you go. Make sure you know what to say before you open your filthy and stinking mouth. Every United fan knows United woes has been lessened by CR7 but here you are under the influence of boastful ignorance.
And Neymar, mbappe etc al has been fit all season.

No excuse bro, injury is part of the game. Chelsea too should be crying for not chasing the title due to loss of chiwel and James in-out of injury
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by candygist: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2022
frog12:
the guy is overrated for the money but ronaldo dey do well grin grin grin

Dey do well for sixte position and his mate are winning trophy ?

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by ExcelDBM: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
And Neymar, mbappe etc al has been fit all season.

No excuse bro, injury is part of the game. Chelsea too should be crying for not chasing the title due to loss of chiwel and James in-out of injury

Do you even know what you are saying? Mbappe that is ligue 1 top scorer? Baba go and sit down. You don't know what you are talking about. Even Neymar who has been poor by standards has registered 11 goals this season and you are here babbling.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by mekusmanuel(f): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Don't be a sadist Coachie
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Benny6944: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
maxwell530:
Juventus bought Ronaldo for only Serie A right? They won Serie 8 times in 8 years before him, were in 2 UCL finals but they couldn't make semi final with him in 3 years. They even lose the Serie A which was their birthright to Inter with him in the team.Atleast PSG with Messi didn't lose ligue 1 to Lille or Marseille.

I'm Only using your logic

At least he won 2 trophies every season before he left juventus

mind you, how are they playing in UCL without RONALDO?

or are you comparing existing squad then to RONALDO's squad lol

where is machiso, pogba, asamoa, basagli, etc who made juventus what they were before RONALDO joined?

can you compare messi's present in PSG to old PSG's squad back then? so why can't they achieve lol... its obvious without iniesta and xavi MESSI is nothing when it comes to UCL brilliance

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by FahBuLous: 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
obembet:

Why won’t he be booed! He’s paid astronomical wages n he looks lost in Ligue 1… there’s times you just have to face it, he’s not been good! Not really himself.

To me, Messi’s performance out of BARCA dose not surprise me at all. It was predicted. PSG has won the League 1 x9 without Messi. This doesn’t make any difference.
You are a f00l, but it made sense when Ronaldo won Seria A with Juventus that have been Winning it every season right??

That 7th balon d'or will continue to hunt you... Fool..

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by FahBuLous: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
obembet:

He is the reason PSG lost in RO16 Missed a crucial penalty.
Nonsense and overrated player.
Messi is overrated??

I will never argue football with a foolish kid like you anymore...

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by OJEEMAH(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

Which team did Messi improve ?

Those Barca players ( Iniesta, Xavi, Villa , Pique , Busquet, Puyol, Pedro ) were so good that they won World Cup and Euro x2 without Messi .

He won every trophy with them .
Since Iniesta and Xavi left Barca ( 2016,2015) how many La Liga , UCL did he win for Barca ?

Iniesta , Xavi, Puyol, Valdes won UCL ( 2006 ) as starters when Messi was coming up.
Wow…….. Iniesta and Xavi starters in 2006?

Where Dinho and Deco play

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by OJEEMAH(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bluebrain101:

Please research well before you come here to disgrace yourself.. Which team won 2020/2021 Copa Del Rey?? How many of them helped Messi to score the 2 goals in this final??
You missed the part where he said Xavi and Iniesta were starters in 2006??

Xavi sat on the bench for Deco while Iniesta couldn’t displace Ronaldinho

So how they manage to start still surprises me

All these boys wey begin watch football in 2010 sef

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by amamahdaniel(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
ExcelDBM:

You guys talk football like women and sissies. To your class you prats. You talk as if last season and this season are the same. Oponu
Your papa grin
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Wow…….. Iniesta and Xavi starters in 2006?

Where Dinho and Deco play

For the UCL final , both didn’t start. Iniesta was a half time sub. Xavi recently returned from 4 months injury in April 2006.
As of 2005-2006 season , Xavi and Iniesta are established first team players .

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
Abdulmumin412:

Like how they won it last season without Messi.
The missed the Ligue title after how many after years of winning it .
How was Messi last season ? Did he win League ? And how did Messi affect the team this season ?

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bluebrain101:

Messi plays as a Right wing forward or some times as a false 9. See Check Messi's passes, attack, dribbles because you can't say they are not contributions. Remove all his passes and forward movement and imagine he lost all those balls and went backwards instead of forward. I know you will still say PSG would have won the league so need to ask

If you are a baller or coach , you won’t argue this . We should also count his throw ins , corners , runs , backward movement, his walks , and his eyes gazes .
Messi will only be judged by goals and trophies his goals won for his team .
When it’s come to play making , on current form , I can’t take Messi ahead of De Bruyne.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

For the UCL final , both didn’t start. Iniesta was a half time sub. Xavi recently returned from 4 months injury in April 2006.
As of 2005-2006 season , Xavi and Iniesta are established first team players .
Established first team players does not mean they were starters

Neither of them had a guaranteed place in the team
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Bluebrain101: 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You missed the part where he said Xavi and Iniesta were starters in 2006??

Xavi sat on the bench for Deco while Iniesta couldn’t display Ronaldinho

So how they manage to start still surprises me

All these boys wey begin watch football in 2010 sef

Imagine!! I didn't even see that part. The guy na just egbe

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Bluebrain101: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

If you are a baller or coach , you won’t argue this . We should also count his throw ins , corners , runs , backward movement, his walks , and his eyes gazes .
Messi will only be judged by goals and trophies his goals won for his team .
When it’s come to play making , on current form , I can’t take Messi ahead of De Bruyne.

I'm not arguing anything with you. I need a more solid and literate CR7 fan to floor out the comparison between the both of them. Further reply to you might reduced my IQ. Anyways it's good you have your own TAKE because some persons actually prefer concoction to a well balanced meal.

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Established first team players does not mean they were starters

Neither of them had a guaranteed place in the team

You are right . Though I judge players based on importance to team .
A player like Kovasic , Ververde, Pullisic, Gavi , Di Maria , etc are established and important players in their teams but aren’t First 11 guaranteed.
So they are as good as starters .

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bluebrain101:

I'm not arguing anything with you. I need a more solid and literate CR7 fan to floor out the comparison between the both of them. Further reply to you might reduced my IQ. Anyways it's good you have your own TAKE because some persons actually prefer concoction to a well balanced meal.

Ok, Mr 1m 1Q. All the arguments I’ve brought forward , you’ve either avoided them or bring up other stuffs not related to it .
You are even ready to debate Messi vs CR7 impact to their new team .
Let’s go . Let’s start comparing their first seasons after leaving Spain or their first seasons after changing clubs ? Which one ?

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Bluebrain101: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

Ok, Mr 1m 1Q. All the arguments I’ve brought forward , you’ve either avoided them or bring up other stuffs not related to it .
You are even ready to debate Messi vs CR7 impact to their new team .
Let’s go . Let’s start comparing their first seasons after leaving Spain or their first seasons after changing clubs ? Which one ?

Boy I was almost tempted to ask what you're are actually debating or arguing but I'd rather not. Fallacy at its peak
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bluebrain101:

Boy I was almost tempted to ask what you're are actually debating or arguing but I'd rather not. Fallacy at its peak

Sir , yes I’m young . My argument was based on Messi season with PSG . What else do you think I’m arguing ? I only brought CR7 , and those Spanish players I mentioned, as part of my opinions. I argue to learn .
So what’s your own argument ?
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Topzee109: 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
ajericho:

Lol mpappe won them the title
but there should even be a post saying mbappe won Dem the trophy

Hypocrites
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Bluebrain101: 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

Sir , yes I’m young . My argument was based on Messi season with PSG . What else do you think I’m arguing ? I only brought CR7 , and those Spanish players I mentioned, as part of my opinions. I argue to learn .
So what’s your own argument ?

See.. when you want to criticize someone or something, Messi in this matter. You don't do it by appreciating a rival entity i.e Ronaldo. It only shows your high level of bias since you already have a favorite. What you do is put it/him on a equal line with all the considerable factors except when you're doing a face-off like Messi vs Ronaldo. Please still browse the player's history a little

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by Dmacqh(m): 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bluebrain101:

See.. when you want to criticize someone or something, Messi in this matter. You don't do it by appreciating a rival entity i.e Ronaldo. It only shows your high level of bias since you already have a favorite. What you do is put it/him on a equal line with all the considerable factors except when you're doing a face-off like Messi vs Ronaldo. Please still browse the player's history a little

“...'m not arguing anything with you. I need a more solid and literate CR7 fan to floor out the comparison between the both of them ...”

You wrote that . I never argued about CR7 vs Messi . I never argued Messi position till you said he didn’t play as a striker .
I challenged you for the argument .

Messi flopped last season. If you guys like , count his runs, jumps , assist, numbers of his hitting goal post, etc to justify him, it doesn’t take away the fact he flopped .
He wasn’t PSG best player neither will he win Ligue 1 player of the season .
He’s presence was irrelevant to PSG team on the pitch this season .

Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by greattybee(m): 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
ThierryJay:
22 direct goal involvements in a supposedly poor season? That is simply incompetent reportage.

Lmao..22 direct goal involvement..
It’s that what you are using to console ur self grin grin grin
Re: Pochettino: PSG Fans Booing Messi Is 'Unbelievable' by OJEEMAH(m): 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dmacqh:

You are right . Though I judge players based on importance to team .
A player like Kovasic , Ververde, Pullisic, Gavi , Di Maria , etc are established and important players in their teams but aren’t First 11 guaranteed.
So they are as good as starters .
Exactly

Truth is, Xavi and Iniesta became something else under Pep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2018 World Cup : Iran Becomes The First World Cup Team To Arrive In Russia / Salah, Mane And Aubameyang Share The Golden Boots Awards With 22 Goals Each / Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State