Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? (376 Views)

The Biblical Jesus Wasn't A Great Example Of How To Talk To One's Mother / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Enough Of This Nonsense! Jesus Wasn't Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by haekymbahd(m): 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
In the book of Mathew we were made to beleived a prophecy was fulfilled and a young boy (Jesus) was born and he was to be called Immanuel. Unfortunately there was no record of anyone calling Jesus immanuel

Matthew 1:21-23
New International Version

21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, [a] because he will save his people from their sins.”

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).

Now, the whole idea of all this was gotten from the book of isaiah.

Isaiah 7:14-16
New International Version
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[a] a sign: The virgin[b] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[c] will call him Immanuel. 15 He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, 16 for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.

Isaiah had a son who was called Maher-shalal-hash-baz whom was given birth by a prophetess.

Isaiah 8
1The Lord said to me, “Take a large scroll and write on it with an ordinary pen: Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz.” 2 So I called in Uriah the priest and Zechariah son of Jeberekiah as reliable witnesses for me. 3 Then I made love to the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. And the Lord said to me, “Name him Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz. 4 For before the boy knows how to say ‘My father’ or ‘My mother,’ the wealth of Damascus and the plunder of Samaria will be carried off by the king of Assyria.”

8 and sweep on into Judah, swirling over it, passing through it and reaching up to the neck.Its outspread wings will cover the breadth of your land, O Immanuel. 10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us.

The name Immanuel meant (God with us) christian are quick to interprete it to mean God came to dwell among mankind. There is no record of anyone ever calling Jesus immanuel.

1. So who was Immanuel Jesus son of Mary or Maher-shalal-hash-baz son of isaiah

2. Was the author of Gospel of Mathew who claimed Jesus was Immanuel inspired by the holy spirit
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Kilotat: 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mpuru Nmiri is bad for you,
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by haekymbahd(m): 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
Kilotat:
Mpuru Nmiri is bad for you,
Please I honestly want to learn explain why Jesus was the said Immanuel.
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Maynman: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
What’s Jesus called in Hebrew?
What’s Joshua called in Hebrew?
What does Emmanuel mean in Hebrew?
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by haekymbahd(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Maynman:
What’s Jesus called in Hebrew?
What’s Joshua called in Hebrew?
What does Emmanuel mean in Hebrew?
1.Yeshua
2. Yeshua (the Lord is Salvation)
3. Emmanuel (God with us)

How does this relate to op
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Maynman: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2022
haekymbahd:
[/b]1.Yeshua
2. Yeshua (the Lord is Salvation)
3. Emmanuel (God with us)[b]

How does this relate to op

Where did you get this?
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by haekymbahd(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
Maynman:

Where did you get this?
Well you can correct it though if you think it is wrong I am just here to learn..
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Maynman: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
haekymbahd:
Well you can correct it though if you think it is wrong I am just here to learn..

I simply asked where you got it from.
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by suicidesheep: 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Maynman:

I simply asked where you got it from.

He is correct. If you feel he's wrong you can make your own research
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Maynman: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

He is correct. If you feel he's wrong you can make your own research

Where did I say he is wrong?

Why are people scared of asking where they got their information
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by FatherBona: 7:08am On May 21, 2022
Maynman:

Where did I say he is wrong?

Why are people scared of asking where they got their information
You no get google for your phone abi?
Re: Jesus Wasn't Immanuel (God with us) an error from the bible? by Lighthouse50: 5:35pm On May 21, 2022
Yeshua does not mean immanuel but maybe John the baptist. That was why tb joshua claimed to be the true saviour by bearing immanuel

(1) (Reply)

Abide In The Vine / Why Do Nigerian Pastors Like To Charge For Prayers ? / Moment Celestial Church Leader, Oshoffa, ‘Appeared’ In The Sky At Church Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.