Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All (10367 Views)

Buhari: We Will Improve Security, Revamp Economy Before Leaving Office / Buhari’s Effort To Improve Security Is Unmatched, APC Replies PDP Governors / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by JasonEkanem: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2022

Visits Olubadan, Oyo APC

In his quest to clinch the All Progressives Congress, APC ticket for the 2023 Presidential election, Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has assured that he would be a President that would reflect all tribes and religion in the country.

Amaechi said he would be detribalized and would ensure that the yearnings and aspirations of all Nigerians are protected, irrespective of tribe and religion.

Amaechi gave the assurances when he visited the Paramount Ruler of Akure kingdom, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Aladetonyibo Aladelusi Ogunlade (Odun Dun the 2nd), Monday.

He also paid a private visit to Elder Statesman, Chief Olu Falae, and proceeded to Ibadan, where he paid a visit to the Olubadan of Ibadan, Olalekan Balogun, and met with delegates and party faithfuls at the Oyo State APC secretariat.

To the Deji of Akure, Amaechi said, “You recognized us for who we are, you recognized us not as a Yoruba candidate, not as an Hausa candidate, not as an Igbo candidate or Ikwerre where I come from, but as a Nigerian candidate. I am detribalized, I don’t know Yoruba or Hausa, I just know Nigeria, and everybody should be treated like that, there should be no segregation,” he said.

Amaechi also restated that he would improved upon the security situation in the country if elected, as he would deploy his wealth of experience in governance and fighting insecurity.

“Your Majesty sir, It is not enough to say I was a former Governor for two terms, former Speaker for two terms, and all of that. The question to ask is what did I do with those positions? Because when I say I come with experience, I actually come with experience. Quite a lot of those who are contesting or aspiring to be the President don’t come with that kind of experience that I come with. I have governed a state where there was insecurity. When I was Governor of Rivers state, they were kidnapping two months old babies. The first they confronted me with was the kidnap of a prominent Nigerian, a Rivers man, Prof. Nimi Briggs, one time Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt and the next person they kidnapped was the wife of late Chief Lulu Briggs, prominent people, and I was barely few weeks or months old in office, I rescued them.

“So we equipped the military and police, we trained them and made sure that at any point in time you kidnap anybody, we are in the position to rescue the person and punish the kidnappers. So I am experienced in finding solutions to insecurity,” he said.

Amaechi reiterated that if given the opportunity to govern Nigeria, he would ensure the Traditional Institution is given a place in the constitution. “By God’s grace, if I win in the primaries and win the general elections, the traditional institutions will be given a responsibility in the constitution. I can assure you of that. So, we are here to request for the support of our friends and brothers from Akure kingdom and Ondo state, Amaechi said.

Responding, Oba Ogunlade, described Amaechi as a grassroots politician who knows the needs of his people.

He said, “You are a grassroots politician, because you started from the grassroots, you know your people and you know everybody. You have already passed through the hierarchy of politics, from Speaker, two times. All this two times position has a meaning,” putting two fingers up, the Deji said it signifies peace.

“In a good democracy setting you should not have any problems at all. Currently, you have transformed the Ministry of Transportation, and I want the rail to come to Akure with the Seaport in Ondo. Whatever it takes for the rail to come to Akure, we will do it, and whatever it takes for the Seaport to come to Ondo, the people of Ondo will do it. We are not doubting you at all because you passed through all the stages. You did what you were supposed to do at each stage, all those that elected you, they did because of your integrity and for the love you have for your people. Not for your people alone, but for the nation.

“Like you said earlier, you are not from Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba alone, you are a typical Nigerian and we take it like that and when you get there, I know you will be a typical Nigerian not one sided,” he said.

Amaechi also addressed party executives, members and delegates at the APC secretariat in Akure, and urged them to vote for him at the primaries, as he is capable of tackling the security challenges and fostering growth and inclusion in the country and the party at large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6tUpK52RM

https://www.blueprint.ng/2023-amaechi-tours-south-west-promises-to-be-president-for-all/

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Rastaramsey(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Thats what's up mah niggarr....
It is a shame these politicians still come out to make empty promises lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Amaechi won't do anything to stop insecurity if elected.... He will worsen the situation sef...
Insecurity is APC's thing....
Even a PDP president will struggle to eliminate it.....

Say no to any APC member....

Let vote in PDP

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Malory: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2022
Just shut up. No one listens to this trash

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2022
Our incoming Presido. With you, Nigeria will know peace and greatness.

Not the 79 year old drug baron that keeps confusing NIPP for NIN grin grin grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Thats what's up mah niggarr....
It is a shame these politicians still come out to make empty promises lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Amaechi won't do anything to stop insecurity if elected.... He will worsen the situation sef...
Insecurity is APC's thing....
Even a PDP president will struggle to eliminate it.....

Say no to any APC member....

Let vote in PDP

Did he not decimate militancy in Rivers State as Governor?

Of all the aspirants, Amaechi is one man who can dare to do the impossible grin

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by VoteTinubu2023: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2022
Ameachi is a performer and I believe he will of course hold a strategic position in Tinubu's cabinet when Tinubu becomes Nigeria's President.

For now, all hands are working on how Tinubu becomes APC flag bearer and eventually win the contest.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2022
Malory:
Just shut up. No one listens to this trash

Throwing tantrums around doesn't fix a Nation. We need people who are intentional

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Tinubuadvocate: 8:42am On Apr 26, 2022
Rotimi Ameachi always look like someone they collect Friday from his hand and give him Saturday. Nigerians deserve better mr Rotimi should contest for senator.

Meanwhile this man will never deny where I come from. You igbo should note that.
To the Deji of Akure, Amaechi said, “You recognized us for who we are, you recognized us not as a Yoruba candidate, not as an Hausa candidate, not as an Igbo candidate or Ikwerre where I come from, but as a Nigerian candidate. I am detribalized, I don’t know Yoruba or Hausa, I just know Nigeria, and everybody should be treated like that, there should be no segregation,” he said.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Malory: 8:48am On Apr 26, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Rotimi Ameachi always look like someone they collect Friday from his hand and give him Saturday. Nigerians deserve better mr Rotimi should contest for senator.

Meanwhile this man will never deny where I come from. You igbo should note that.
Coming from MC Oluomo faction of NURTW

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by JasonEkanem: 8:49am On Apr 26, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:

Nigeria deserves a healthy and proactive leader. The challenges of the country is vast and we don't need someone who will rule by proxy from one hospital in London. How do you think Amaechi was able to revamp the moribund Railway system and oversee the speedy work at the Lekki seaport?

To even recommend him for Senate means you believe in him.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Pakute: 8:53am On Apr 26, 2022
Not ibo "nor ikwerre where I come from". I hope some shameless attache-by-force people would read the handwriting on the wall and stop deceiving themselves that he is ibo.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by JasonEkanem: 9:30am On Apr 26, 2022
Pakute:
Not ibo "nor ikwerre where I come from". I hope some shameless attache-by-force people would read the handwriting on the wall and stop deceiving themselves that he is ibo.

Are Ikwerre people not Igbos? undecided undecided

Amaechi is Igbo, and he's your next President. Find a way to deal with that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by helinues: 9:32am On Apr 26, 2022
Toh

All the best Minister Amaechi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by VictorUSA(m): 9:55am On Apr 26, 2022
Amechi is a joke.That was hot buhari promised heaven and earth concerning insecurity,today we have the problem of insecurity raised to the power of 90.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by janedonez(m): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by victorazy(m): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2022
Your selling, am not buying.
Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Enyimbamercedes: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2022
He couldn’t even improve security on Abuja-Kaduna railway line

Rest sir

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by harmargedon: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2022
cool
Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Sleekfingers: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2022
Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by MAGG0T(m): 11:06am On Apr 26, 2022
[s]
VoteTinubu2023:
Ameachi is a performer and I believe he will of course hold a strategic position in Tinubu's cabinet when Tinubu becomes Nigeria's President.

For now, all hands are working on how Tinubu becomes APC flag bearer and eventually win the contest.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
[/s]

keep living in fools paradise

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by jiz: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2022
God will give us the best. Never trust any politicians because everyone of them just playing mind game on Nigerians. Again I pray God will give us His best

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2022
No, you won't do shit you corrupt clown!

No one associating with Buhari has the moral justification to claim he or she will do better!

The fact that you joined hands to foist Buhari upon Nigerians twice in a row is a sin that can never be forgiven in two lifetimes!

So Amaechi, please get lost!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by dannyville2(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2022
Just like I belong to nobody and belong to everybody. The scam we fell hook line and sinker for. We ain’t falling again.

Nigerians are wise now

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by 7Randall: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2022
JasonEkanem:

https://www.blueprint.ng/2023-amaechi-tours-south-west-promises-to-be-president-for-all/
By saying you will improve security means that your Oga(Buhari) has performed badly in that area abi?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by MAGG0T(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2022
[s]
Pakute:
[/s]

An afonja disguising himself, ...we know your tricks, you children of fallen skull miner

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2022
Lol, these man must think we all fools.
Re: Amaechi: I'll Improve Security And Be A President For All by freshboy31: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2022
JasonEkanem:

Same thing the incumbent president said and now we all know whatsup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: We Will Replicate Obidient Movement In Rural Areas Soon – Labour Party / Obi Shuns Oba Of Lagos During Lagos Campaign / Fubara Signs 2024 N800bn "Budget Of Renewed Hope & Consolidation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.