Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? (475 Views)

Money Transfered In Excess And I Returned It Immediately / Oyo State Government Retrenched 300, Transfered 300 Hospital Workers / Nigerian Expatriate Returns Qr1.5m After Bank Erroneously Credits Him With Amoun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Arry110(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2022
Good day
I took a loan of 250k on march from fairmoney to add to my business and to keep busy due to the strike
After the loan was approved I made a mistake putting my account number which I know off-heart (my phone screen had issues) instead of "22", "55" was registered and the funds was sent to anothe GTB account.
I was frantic 20mins after I got an email that the loan has been disbursed but I haven't received a credit alert and I email them immediately. After this I've made several trips to GTB where the wrong beneficiary has his account, a good Samaritan helped me check the account that week, he said the 250k was still there untouched but it appears that the account is dormant,he gave me phone number attached to the account but it's disconnected. I was told I can't do anything but liase with the loan company.
I've been calling this loan company always after this incident but they're still telling me that they haven't gotten any feedback and will let me know when they do, I missed my first installment and now they call everyday and even add lateness fee to the payment
There's no way I can afford to pay back 400k over 4 months for a money I don't have. This whole situation is draining me mentally

Before you asked why I made such mistake, I acknowledge it's my fault for not crosschecking my account number which I know it's my fault, but fairmoney didn't give a preview of the account name when I put in my account number (which all financial institutions do, to avoid a mistake like this) .
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Kimiso(m): 9:37am On Apr 26, 2022
Arry110:
Good day
I took a loan of 250k on march from fairmoney to add to my business and to keep busy due to the strike
After the loan was approved I made a mistake putting my account number which I know off-heart (my phone screen had issues) instead of "22", "55" was registered and the funds was sent to anothe GTB account.
I was frantic 20mins after I got an email that the loan has been disbursed but I haven't received a credit alert and I email them immediately. After this I've made several trips to GTB where the wrong beneficiary has his account, a good Samaritan helped me check the account that week, he said the 250k was still there untouched but it appears that the account is dormant,he gave me phone number attached to the account but it's disconnected. I was told I can't do anything but liase with the loan company.
I've been calling this loan company always after this incident but they're still telling me that they haven't gotten any feedback and will let me know when they do, I missed my first installment and now they call everyday and even add lateness fee to the payment
There's no way I can afford to pay back 400k over 4 months for a money I don't have. This whole situation is draining me mentally

Before you asked why I made such mistake, I acknowledge it's my fault for not crosschecking my account number which I know it's my fault, but fairmoney didn't give a preview of the account name when I put in my account number (which all financial institutions do, to avoid a mistake like this) .
bro,go appease your village people
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Arry110(m): 9:37am On Apr 26, 2022
Kimiso:
bro,go appease your village people
ok
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Kimiso(m): 9:40am On Apr 26, 2022
Arry110:
ok
if you have a family member working in a bank,he can retract the deposit for you with only that account number,even if na your enemy that works in a bank go and beg and narrate the situation to him/her just the account number mistakenly deposited to and your money is back
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Arry110(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2022
Kimiso:
if you have a family member working in a bank,he can retract the deposit for you with only that account number,even if na your enemy that works in a bank go and beg and narrate the situation to him/her just the account number mistakenly deposited to and your money is back
Thanks man
I've been really begging the manager in the branch in my school and she's saying there's nothing more they can do, she said that even if the money gets refunded it's to the loan company not me, I told her I'm fine with that-,I no even want again, but she insists that there's nothing she can do
I'm just frustrated
Fairmoney that's supposed to assist and communicate with gtb on a bank to bank level is just relaxed
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Kimiso(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2022
Arry110:
Thanks man
I've been really begging the manager in the branch in my school and she's saying there's nothing more they can do, she said that even if the money gets refunded it's to the loan company not me, I told her I'm fine with that-,I no even want again, but she insists that there's nothing she can do
I'm just frustrated
Fairmoney that's supposed to assist and communicate with gtb on a bank to bank level is just relaxed
there is something she can do about it she's just adamant and don't want to do it,but if she persist there is nothing you can do about it, unless the receiver has the fear of God and log a complaint in the bank about the unknown deposit
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by SavageResponse(m): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Arry110:
Thanks man
I'm just frustrated

What the manager told you is the truth, there is nothing she can do in this instance. Only the account owner can give an instruction for the deposit to be reversed and it must go straight to the direct depositor which is Fairmoney in this instance.

This situation is does not concern Fairmoney therefore you should not expect then to carry it on their head like Gala, they asked you to submit your bank account and you did so it's not their problem if you sent a wrong one.

The issue I have with them is disbursing a loan into a bank account bearing a different name form the name of the loan beneficiary (But this is a topic for another day)

Since you say the account is dormant and the number attached to it is not reachable it can mean one of two things

a) The account owner is deceased

b) The account owner is currently out of the country (this is more desirable)

Your next step is to ask your insider to get you the address attached to the account so you can try and trace it. Another alternative is to use the email and the name of the account holder to search on Facebook and other social media sites to see if you can find the owner.

This is my two cents!
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Arry110(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2022
SavageResponse:

What the manager told is the truth, there is nothing she can do in this instance. Only the account owner can give an instruction for the deposit to be reversed and it must go straight to the direct depositor which is Fairmoney in this instance.

This situation is does not concern Fairmoney therefore you should not expect then to carry it on their head like Gala, they asked you to submit your bank account and you did so it's not their problem if you sent a wrong one.

The issue I have with them is disbursing a loan into a bank account bearing a different name form the name of the loan beneficiary (But this is a topic for another day)

Since you say the account is dormant and the number attached to it is not reachable it can mean one of two things

a) The account owner is deceased

b) The account owner is currently out of the country (this is more desirable)

Your next step is to ask your insider to get you the address attached to the account so you can try and trace it. Another alternative is to use the email and the name of the account holder to search on Facebook and other social media sites to see if you can find the owner.

This is my two cents!
Thanks a lot
The worst part is that fairmoney asked for my bvn on the same page.
The name attached to the account is Mohammed jamiu, so you can imagine what turns up when you search
I'll ask for that address 44
Re: How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? by Arry110(m): 12:20am On Apr 27, 2022
Arry110:

Thanks a lot
The worst part is that fairmoney asked for my bvn on the same page.
The name attached to the account is Mohammed jamiu, so you can imagine what turns up when you search
I'll ask for that address

(1) (Reply)

Elon Musk Reply To A Saudi Follower About His "If I Die" Tweet (picture) / How To Sell Amazon Gift Card In Nigeria / Fulani Terrorists Responsible For Owo Church Attack Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.