Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label. (231 Views)

Simon Cowell Claims His £15m Mansion Nearly Floated Away After Flash Floods(Pix) / If Burna Boy Does Not Stop This, He Might Fade Away Real Soon (must Read) / Toyin Abraham Runs Away After Watching Seun Egbegbe, Her Ex Interview About Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label. by Kaidendarrell: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label.

Several Nigerian musicians fade away after a few years or after the record label that helped them rise to prominence ceases to exist. If I were to name names, the list would be endless, so I won't bother to name any Nigerian music artists who went away after assisting the record label that helped them rise to prominence. I'm sure you've heard of some of them.

Now the question is why they vanished after making the record that made them famous. Some people leave their record label due to disagreements, while others leave due to an agreement in their contract with a label executive.

Here are 3 Major Reasons Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label

1. Inadequate funding

Songs is now a business, and if you want to be a successful artist in Nigeria, you'll need a lot of money to advertise yourself and your music. There are a lot of brilliant and hardworking musicians on the street, but they aren't successful because they don't have a record label to support them. Because I don't have the money to continue where record labels stop, several Nigerian music musicians would fade away when they leave their record company that is sponsoring their music career.

2. Not putting in the effort

Because there is no Boss to instruct them what to do at the correct time, some Nigerian musicians leave their record company and start doing whatever they want. As a result, the majority of them become lethargic and find it difficult to do the things they used to do when they were signed to a record label.

3. Inadequate Promotion

Some Nigerian musicians are unaware of the exact sums paid to them by record labels to market their music on the internet, radio, television, and other platforms. As a result of the existence of their record label, several Nigerian musicians are finding it tough to pay for music promotion and other necessary things to publicize their music.

When you stop promoting yourself, you will start to fade away because there are a lot other artists out there who will quickly take your place.

Get <a href="http://Panafrinews.com/category/music">latest naija music</a>  and <a href="http://Panafrinews.com/category/video">latest naija music video</a> update .

Source: <a href="http://Panafrinews.com">panafrinews</a>
Re: Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label. by oghini: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
Very true
Re: Why Some Nigerian Music Artists Fade Away After Exit Their Record Label. by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
only a deluded foolish artist would leave their record label without having another label willing to take care of their career.... thats like jumping head 1st in the Lagos lagoon. many artists out there have changed labels and some have succeeded while others havent... aka Wizkid/Dbanj.

i guess pride, a misplaced ego and a belief that you are a star that cant fail is where the problem lay for many of them.

(1) (Reply)

Elon Musk Acquires Social Media Giant, Twitter For $44 Billion / Buy Your Cheapest Data Subscription Here Dm Me / Aphrodisiac Seller, Jaruma Asks Celebrities To Return Her Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.