Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG (26561 Views)

Nigerians Are Shocked Over Magu's Boast Of Returning To EFCC - PDP / Grumbling In EFCC Over Magu’s Successor / Battle Rages Over Magu’s Fate As EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by aminulive: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
- PSC Chairman, Musiliu Smith, Clara Ogunbiyi in support 

- Najatu Mohammed Opposes

Palpable Crisis has engulfed the Nigerian Police Service Commission over the promotion of a Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.

The commission is heavily divided over Magu's push to be promoted to an Assistant Inspector-General of Police despite being on Suspension.

This newspaper gathered that in a meeting over the matter on Tuesday, the Chairman of the Commission, Musiliu Smith and another member, Clara Ogunbiyi are mounting pressure for Magu's promotion to be approved.

However, one member of the commission, Najatu Mohammed vehemently stood against it.

With his retirement imminent on May 5th, 2022, Magu has been lobbying several members of the commission and has intensified push for Service Extension.

POLITICS NIGERIA recalls that Magu was suspended as chairman of the EFCC after a panel setup by President Muhammadu Buhari recommended his removal over allegations of Embezzlement and Fraud.

A reliable source disclosed to this newspaper that an emboldened Magu is also seeking promotion to AIG.

The Commission's chairman, Smith has particularly been under pressure from a former security chief turned traditional ruler and a frontline 2023 presidential aspirant from the South-west.

Smith is said to have served this monarch who is hellbent on ensuring that Magu gets the promotion as he will play a major role for the Presidential aspirant in the upcoming 2023 elections.

The meeting which is holding in Abuja as at the time of filing this report may likely end in a stalemate as Mrs. Mohammed has seriously opposed the move due to Magu's 'antecedents' and the fact that he is still on suspension.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-crisis-in-police-service-commission-over-magus-promotion-to-aig/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by fergie001: 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2022
Not surprised, Ogunbiyi the first female SC Judge from the NE hails from Borno like Magu. I know they still will promote him as parting gift for his retirement.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by nairaman66(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Magu finally have the last laugh!

Nigeria which way?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Everyday, we keep on seeing new scenes from the stables of this lootywood we call naija

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by oluwaseyi0: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Promoted on suspension

Nigeria na cruise

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by LollySeaSide: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigeria!!
Who do us this thing?!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by gurunlocker: 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
You can't just understand this country rot...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by ACRI: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
They don spoil Nigeria ��

I do not rate critics since the year 2014 when I experienced how hypocritical they can be.

Critics criticism is a mirage and a smokescreen to cover up their own serious deficiencies. I have never seen a high performing critic, that is why no monument has ever been built for them.

APC rode on criticism to power, now we have seen they are no better or even far worse than PDP.

And to the PDP miscreants here, am neither APC nor PDP, both are rotten to the core and have no strong principles "FOR NOW"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by BeardGangJnr1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
While on suspension...he wants service extension and wants to be promoted...Omo who d give Northerners this kind liver nah undecided undecided
Imagine the length he would have gone if he wasn't suspended..and he was still efcc's Boss

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
No one is talking about the real issues in Nigeria. Poor people are left to die. The two boys sacked for dancing are now in Turkey. The man who made it happe isn't celebrated.

E-money only helps rich people. Taking Zazu to London as if Zazu with 50m naira deal with Odogwu cannot take himself.

Davido said he gave 262m naira to charity but no orphan has reveived a kobo.

Tinubu and all presidential aspirants did not mention the rise in human parts business. As if they are ignorant of all the murder cases in town.

Tinubu's speech is all about oil oil oil. I shake my head. This man has no single clue about how to work the biggest black human resource in the world. No single idea of how to transform the economy and reduce our reliance on oil.

People are screaming gay gay gay but look at how able bodied men willingly submit to homosexuality because of poverty. What I see aches my eyes.

Our girls are sold so cheap. Pre-teens are doing runs. Big men rape them and nothing is done. Girls are assaulted and no one can talk.

We dwell on politics rather than on ideas. Nigerian are quick to shut you down to protect grandfathers who buy them salt.

Nigeria at this stage does not have electricity. They always talk about dams output but we are not the only country with dams. Even Uganda is progressing better than us.

It appears like jokes but millions of lives are ruined daily. Many prostitutes roaming around would have had a career. Many thieves and thugs would have been gainfully hired and put to use.

All these stories about old men should cease. Time to pay attentions to ideas and innovative minds

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Plaassdafa: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ok

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by brightovio007(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
NPF AND SCAM NA LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Jemmysax(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
This country na movie....... Make una change disc abeg. ���

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by FoolaniHellman: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Cruise Country wink
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Anttxxxfx: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See you at the Top.

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by alfredo4u(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigeria is a failed state.....

Everybody should just go and hustle and forget what happens in this country...

The more u look the less you see....

2 Likes

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Nyanabo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Femijohn198: 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Corruption don chop dis country

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by blacknoir: 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
I swear nothing nothing!!! Is IMPOSSIBLE in this country. Very soon even kyari will be promoted. His case has died out now. Very soon now its accelerated promotion
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Ola4lead(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
Please which kind of generational curse de affect this country?

Moreover we also need to know the Angel in charge of this country
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Spacopendragin(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
There was once a country...
May God continue to bless every mouth that speaks up...
#saynotocorruption

2 Likes

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by SmartPolician: 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
I am concerned that nobody from the South has ever headed the EFCC since Obasanjo set it up. Does it mean only northerners fight corruption better?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Stevenson20: 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigeria is a major scam. Yet, the dullard claims to be fighting kwaruption.
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Only in this country...
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by moneyissweet(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
The curse of 3 million igbos killed during Biafra war.

Una never see anything.

Ola4lead:
Please which kind of generational curse de affect this country?

Moreover we also need to know the Angel in charge of this country

1 Like

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by Dagreeen: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
When you think you've seen or heard it all, another bomb would just drop. Anyways, I'm not surprised, that's the country we live in. Someone that's still on suspension is being promoted. Pls what's the essence of the suspension in the first place?
Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by gozzy1988(m): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2022
I have said it and I will keep drumming it. The only thing that can set this country on a right part to nation building is if a radical approach is taken. I bloody revolution that will ensure all those people that has held this country to ransom are killed. Nzeogwu's coup would have made things right, but is quite unfortunate that what was initially planned was not the turn out, his kinsmen for some unknown reason escaped the coup. If that coup was successful perhaps Nigeria would have been far better now. But that failed coup changed everything and it will forever hunt Nigeria as a country.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG by ibechris(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
I have agreed to live and nurture my children in Nigeria till they grow to adulthood but I don't pray for any of them to remain here and see this nonsense going in this banana Republic.

Nigeria is an example of a failed nation.

This alone is enough to sack Mr. Smit as the police commission chairman for yielding to this unbelievable request.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts You Must Know By Pst Tunde Bakare / 38 People Dead: Boko Haram On The Run, Chadian Forces In Pursuit / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.