Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

A Photo Thread Of My Relocation - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Photo Thread Of My Relocation (49865 Views)

Pls How Do I Process My Relocation To Canada By Myself And Not By Agent / A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by ichommy(m): 4:23am On May 04, 2022
Sanchez01 Baba wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 11:57am On May 04, 2022
ichommy:
Sanchez01 Baba wink
Chief! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Travicon(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2022
Sanchez01:
A bit about the Turkish Airport, the architecture is insane and almost unbelievable. A downside about the airport is the availability of WiFi which is only available to travellers for free for one hour. They have WiFi stands scattered across the airport. All you just need to do is swipe your international passport on the machine and a WiFi password will be generated. An alternative is also using your MTN line to browse for free for one hour using the mobile login option on the Internet login page after connecting. You only need the OTP sent to your phone and that's it. Airtel failed to send OTPs both on my device and my wife's even after several retries.

A tiny fraction of the Turkish airport architecture captured below

That's Istanbul Airport, right?

1 Like

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 6:14pm On May 18, 2022
Travicon:

That's Istanbul Airport, right?
Yeah, it is.
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by folash: 12:46am On May 19, 2022
Awww so you have japad.smiley
Congrats bro
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by RESHARPENED: 3:06pm On May 19, 2022
Sanchez01:

Yeah, it is.

Congrats on your new journey.

Quick question, if you don't mind:

What do you do for a living?
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Ernesthugo(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2022
resolution dropped
Sanchez01:
*Scratches head.* The pictures look great and super sharp on my phone but for weird reasons, they become blurry when I upload them.
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Bnaira7(m): 3:41pm On May 19, 2022
I connect with you my brother

2 Likes

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Ernesthugo(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2022
A pleasure.
grin

Originalsly:
Hmmm.....Times Square now a shadow of what it used to be.... thanks to COVID 19. But hey!... now you are qualified to say you were in NYC!....seems like you been snapping at everything!... even that Duffy Statue... never seen that guy!... wonder where you found him! Happy for you!... when you get to Salt Lake City .... home of the "dirty soda "... it's a totally different story! ... what journey!
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by seanwilliam(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2022
I think I see burna boy for poster

6 Likes

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 19, 2022
Sanchez01 you are doing well

4 Likes

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Anny505(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2022
Sanchez01, you no invite your beer palour brothers come this thread oo. You no try. Congrats man, planning to relocate soonest from here

6 Likes

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Ballzproblemm: 3:49pm On May 19, 2022
Guontey:

Lool. following...

You will soon realize tipping is standard culture here. It's like Nigeria's "dashing", only a lot more normal. When you tip, you are a good man. When you don't, they may actually spit in your food. grin You are better off not letting it stick on your person that you don't tip.
I am not tipping anything why do Americans feel entitled to another person money

1 Like

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by LordTrezy(m): 3:50pm On May 19, 2022
Welcome to the United States, the Land of the Free!!
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 19, 2022

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Zeezenho: 3:54pm On May 19, 2022
Originalsly:

Hmmm...... this leg needed a longgggg stop over! Not really much to see or do in the Bronx ... unless if you're around a commercial area. If traveling later in the afternoon.... I suggest you get on the #4/#6 Subway this morning around 9... after Rush Hour.... and ride down to 42nd Street Grand Central Station ... find your way out of the station ... find 42nd street and ask anyone which direction to Times Square.... a 20 minutes walk. Leave around 2 hours before the time you need to get back. Take taxi to drop you off at the nearest #6 uptown station except Grand Central.
Shorter trip.... #2/5 subway to 149th Street 3rd Ave..... after 10:30 a.m ...shopping area in the Bronx.....or Fordhan Road... your host should fill you in.
If neither.... get on the #4 ride to 149th street ... get off.... get the same train in opposite direction and back to where you got on. Runs above ground up to Yankee Stadium then dives underground to next stop 149th... just for the experience.

It will be a longggg time if ever you return to NYC. Make the best while you can.

Bro you quite funny,you want the poor guy to spend all day in new York creazy subway try to find his way! even me that lives in new nyc still find it difficult to move around in ny subway especially in Manhattan area you are directing him to.

6 Likes

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 3:55pm On May 19, 2022
RESHARPENED:

Congrats on your new journey.

Quick question, if you don't mind:

What do you do for a living?
I'm in tech.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 3:57pm On May 19, 2022
Zeezenho:

Bro you quite funny,you want the poor guy to spend all day in new York creazy subway try to find his way! even me that lives in new nyc still find it difficult to move around in ny subway especially in Manhattan area you are directing him to.
Strangely, I spent some time in the subway and it was responsible for missing my flight.

New York is too Lagosy. Don't like it one bit.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by castrokins(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2022
Bros, Next Time You Wan Travel Carry Me Abeg

1 Like

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by majorbravo: 3:58pm On May 19, 2022
Sanchez01:
The long and short of it is that I am in Turkey right now for my first. The next is in New York before finally moving to Salt Lake City, in Utah. In total, the travel time is 56 hours, which was the main reason for bemoaning the "mistake" I made while booking. Wifey thought booking a longer flight hour means an experience that is worth it. As a first time international traveller, I am fast learning the implication of having stopovers that are longer than the flight time themselves.
Sanchez01 it’s great to see you moved out. Was really enjoying your intelligent comments in Household thread. Another talent leaves Nigeria for a hopeful better clime. I’m right behind you (japa’in soon) though I’m actually a returnee from several years abroad. I tried to love it here in Nigeria but got stoked (the opposite actually) with all that’s been currently happening. So I’ll be off soon too. Don’t think I’ll create a thread though cos it won’t be the same excitement like before. And just to add for anyone who’s traveling through turkey. If you get the transit visa, you could actually get on a tour of Istanbul if the connection time is quite long (I can’t remember if it was free when I last connected through Turkey on my flight to Nigeria). But it was worth it, got to see the Dolmabache palace, Bosphorus bridge among others. Cool stuff.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 3:59pm On May 19, 2022
Ernesthugo:
resolution dropped
Not sure why that is happening. I have tons of pictures already but with the strange resolution drop, I'll just keep them for now and find out how to work around them in order to retain their resolution when I upload.
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 19, 2022
Sanchez01:

First, I am not a picture person so this is a whole lot of challenge taking pictures at every turn.

Anyways, Richdee1, here is a mention as promised.

Is Salt Lake City a good place to make your home? Heard there’s this misty kinda thing surrounding the atmosphere just like Port harcourt in Nigeria courtesy of the mountains and people are kinda scared and has a high crime rate. Stay safe

Anyways looking to come there for vacation this summer for just one weekend to see for myself

NB: Just read through your post and realized you’re a first time traveler to the USA, thought you was relocating from one city in the US to salt lake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by innocentrich: 4:00pm On May 19, 2022
Let’s connect when you get to Salt Lake, just relocated from naija last year to California then got a a job in salt Lake last month, then I had to relocate again from California to SLC.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 4:05pm On May 19, 2022
majorbravo:

Sanchez01 it’s great to see you moved out. Was really enjoying your intelligent comments in Household thread. Another talent leaves Nigeria for a hopeful better clime. I’m right behind you (japa’in soon) though I’m actually a returnee from several years abroad. I tried to love it here in Nigeria but got stoked with all that’s been currently happening. So I’ll be off soon too. Don’t think I’ll create a thread though cos it won’t be the same excitement like before. And just to add for anyone who’s traveling through turkey. If you get the transit visa, you could actually get on a tour of Istanbul if the connection time is quite long (I can’t remember if it was free when I last connected through Turkey on my flight to Nigeria). But it was worth it, got to see the Dolmabache palace, Bosporus bridge among others. Cool stuff.
cheesy

My brother, if you can, leave. Nigeria isn't a real place. I hate to say it but you will only realise how much of a jungle Nigeria is when you move to where things work.

So far, I have gotten my social, got a credit card approved by Discovery, changed billing details to mine and done lots of stuff without having to leave my home, bribe someone or queue endlessly.

To be honest, I was quite indifferent the entire flight and wasn't moved about touring Turkey. I just wanted to touch down and pretend like I never spent a long time travelling. I guess it's because wifey packed heavy and I was dragging bags. With my current frame of mind now, I'm sure I could do all of that now but the opportunity has passed without a doubt.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 4:08pm On May 19, 2022
burritto:

Is Salt Lake City a good place to make your home? Heard there’s this misty kinda thing surrounding the atmosphere just like Port harcourt in Nigeria courtesy of the mountains and people are kinda scared and has a high crime rate. Stay safe

Anyways looking to come there for vacation this summer for just one weekend to see for myself
Salt Lake City is extremely cold, though not as cold as Alaska. Loads of mountains as well. Crime rate in SLC is extremely low all thanks to the high education level.

It is an extremely peaceful city and everyone seems nice. I plan on hiking on the mountains very soon but I hope to do a proper picture thread before then.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Dawn91(m): 4:08pm On May 19, 2022
@Sanchez01 congratulations on fleeing the dumpster fire of a country called Nigeria . It will take a while for the grime to fade off you but with time it will.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 4:09pm On May 19, 2022
folash:
Awww so you have japad.smiley
Congrats bro
I kuku have o. cheesy

Thanks, thanks. It's been a while o. Where have you been hiding?
Re: A Photo Thread Of My Relocation by Sanchez01: 4:10pm On May 19, 2022
Dawn91:
@Sanchez01 congratulations 9n fleeing the dumpster fire of a country called Nigeria . It will take a while for the grime to fade off you but with time it will.

A while ke? It has faded already sef. For the first two week, I used to wake up at night thinking 'NEPA has taken the light' but not anymore.

Surprisingly, I settled in nicely.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Train Crushes Man's Leg And Hand While Listening To Music In Lagos / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.