Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood (2615 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away UNIBEN Student As He Drowns In Abuja / Adekunle Ajasin University Final Year Student Swept Off By Flood In Ondo State / Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Doggedfighter,Dominique,Candidlady,lordreed,datboredberry,Mufasalion ,Dyt
Dorwadora

Hundreds of years before ,Genesis was written a popular myth was very popular it was about how the Gods of the skies decided to wipe out man for its sins , but one of the gods stood and said a righteous man was on Earth and him and his family should be spared in a boat of specific preposition to avoid the safety of humans and animal lives , and after sometime the flood came , a raven or peigon was sent to confirm if the land was dry enough and after this great flood man made sacrifice to appease the Gods who in return promised never to wipe the world with water ,
Yes its very well the story of Genesis
The thing is there was never a global flood (debates open), as floods are secluded to region and bits and parts , so does that mean it never happened ? Well No it could have happened long long time ago probably a villiager somewhere during a great flood saved his family and some animals and was hailed a hero and mythologized ....

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2022
Budatum please.... smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Dominatrix (Queen ) please......your thoughts ....
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Dominatrix(f): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2022
What about rats, snakes(reptiles) , scorpions, we're they saved too?... Tell me first or you will not hear from me on this thread ever again wink

1 Like

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dominatrix:
What about rats, snakes(reptiles) , scorpions, we're they saved too?... Tell me first or you will not hear from me on this thread ever again wink
#shootsSelf

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by sinkhole: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2022
There are plenty of mythological stories in the Bible and same got replicated in the Quran.
There could had been some floods that was widespread in that region, and who can blame them for thinking that the whole of the world was what they could see! People around the world once thought that the whole is just what they could see.

7 Likes

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2022
sinkhole:
There are plenty of mythological stories in the Bible and same got replicated in the Quran.
There could had been some floods that was widespread in that region, and who can blame them for thinking that the whole of the world was what they could see! People around the world once thought that the whole is just what they could see.
hmmmm , how are ya Sink?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by sinkhole: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
TheSourcerer:
hmmmm , how are ya Sink?
I'm cool cool
All those creation stories are just bullshits! Can you imagine that no single black man entered Noah's ark cheesy
How did animals, native only to places such as Australia, Antarctica, South America, Madagascar, etc, how did they get to the ark?
How was the sanitation and feeding taken care of, for seven pairs and two pairs of "all" animals.
Who looked after the animals, only eight people?

6 Likes

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
sinkhole:
I'm cool cool
All those creation stories are just bullshits! Can you imagine that no single black man entered Noah's ark cheesy
How did animals, native only to places such as Australia, Antarctica, South America, Madagascar, etc, how did they get to the ark?
How was the sanitation and feeding taken care of, for seven pairs and two pairs of "all" animals.
Who looked after the animals, only eight people?
Exactly!

Been a while Jeff
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by josh123(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Doggedfighter,Dominique,Candidlady,lordreed,datboredberry,Mufasalion ,Dyt
Dorwadora

Hundreds of years before ,Genesis was written a popular myth was very popular it was about how the Gods of the skies decided to wipe out man for its sins , but one of the gods stood and said a righteous man was on Earth and him and his family should be spared in a boat of specific preposition to avoid the safety of humans and animal lives , and after sometime the flood came , a raven or peigon was sent to confirm if the land was dry enough and after this great flood man made sacrifice to appease the Gods who in return promised never to wipe the world with water ,
Yes its very well the story of Genesis
The thing is there was never a global flood (debates open), as floods are secluded to region and bits and parts , so does that mean it never happened ? Well No it could have happened long long time ago probably a villiager somewhere during a great flood saved his family and some animals and was hailed a hero and mythologized ....
i watched a video on YouTube, they said the reason the US went to war with Iraq in 2003 was because they found the tomb of Gilgamesh, I even saw the alleged body and tomb, the body was huge and he had beard all over. He died a long time ago but his body is fresh, he looks like someone that is sleeping. I don't know if its true though, have you come across the video before?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
josh123:
i watched a video on YouTube, they said the reason the US went to war with Iraq in 2003 was because they found the tomb of Gilgamesh, I even saw the alleged body and tomb, the body was huge and he had beard all over. He died a long time ago but his body is fresh, he looks like someone that is sleeping. I don't know if its true though, have you come across the video before?
its usually just to spur unessesary diverting conspiracies.

3 Likes

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
josh123:

LoLz!
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
We have only one God and many gods...

Humans are gods!

Among the gods, there is a God!

1 Like

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by josh123(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz!
what's funny?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by LordReed(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
josh123:
what's funny?

That you think such a video has any credibility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by seunH: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2022
sinkhole:
Actually sir, the Qur'anic version is quite different from the Biblical version and the above version. While the later states that the world was destroyed by the flood, the Qur'an on the other hand explicitly states that "it is the people of Nuh, that was destroyed by the flood". Although, it's understandable for such errors because people at that time might have felt it was the whole world based on how they may have perceived the world, remember no planes etc

3 Likes

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
Victerica:

Humans are gods!

If I was a Buffalo I would believe God was a bigger Buffalo, as a man......A big sky Daddy.

2 Likes

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 1:41am On Apr 28, 2022
Look at the Adam and Eve story too. It was copied from it.

1 Like

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Voldoz: 6:12am On Apr 28, 2022
We should not forget Antarctica holds enough water to flood the earth. So it might be true.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by CAPSLOCKED: 6:27am On Apr 28, 2022
VALID IN 2016. VALID TODAY. WILL BE VALID IN 5016. AND FOR AS LONG AS THIS MYTH STANDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 11:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Victerica:

Humans are gods!

And the name of this God is.......? smiley
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2022
LordReed:

That you think such a video has any credibility.
cheesy
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Voldoz:
We should not forget Antarctica holds enough water to flood the earth. So it might be true.
Nope , all waters of the Worlds are connected , The ice age was able to form because it was solid , but hydrogen just filling up the Earth ? Where would the moon be how would oxygen exist for the saved family....? Its just not logical , it shouldn't be its a mythological book so yeah .
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 12:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
TheSourcerer:
And the name of this God is.......? smiley

He knows himself!

Rev.3:12
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
Victerica:

He knows himself!

Yeah REV 3:12 is its name ?
God is a title .....
And his name is.......?
Please do not subject me to have to read the Quran or bible , just say his name.

1 Like

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Victerica:

He knows himself!

But you don’t know him.
That’s why you abandoned Elohim to go worship yahweh.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by TheSourcerer: 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Maynman:

But you don’t know him.
not YWH?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 3:58pm On Apr 28, 2022
TheSourcerer:
not YWH?

Tetragrammaton Of YHWH is Yahweh.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2022
Maynman:

But you don’t know him.

But, how did humans came into existence?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2022
TheSourcerer:
not YWH?

But how, did humans come into existence?
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Maynman: 7:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
Victerica:

But, how did humans came into existence?

I don’t know, but does not mean I should take any answer without examining it.

The Elohim and Yahweh story was stolen from the Sumerian text.
Re: Epic Of Gilgamesh, The First Story Of The Flood by Victerica(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Maynman:

I don’t know, but does not mean I should take any answer without examining it.

The Elohim and Yahweh story was stolen from the Sumerian text.

Hmmmmm...But do you ponder about it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

School Of Preliminary Studies University Of Ilorin / Breaking News - Laspotech Call Off Strike / Best Courses To Study In A Nigerian University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.