Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job (15380 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Paramountgift(f): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jobia:
If you're a recent graduate, you can look out for their graduate trainee programs.

Not sure... embarassed
Is there a difference between the entry level trainee programs and graduate trainee programs?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
McOluOmo:
Nothing

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
I use to laff at this joke but now my eyes done clear relationship na big work

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by phemmyfour: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
Paramountgift:
Pls what are the requirements to apply for a bank job.

If you graduate in theatre arts or any other unrelated course and you want to work at the bank, what course do you need to do in your postgraduate programme to qualify for a banking job, or are there any alternative training certifications needed to be able to apply for a bank job for those that need the job urgently.

It could be the position of a bank teller/ customer service, I just need your opinions
All you need is connection
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Jayslyder: 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2022
Paramountgift:

If you graduate in theatre arts or any other unrelated course and you want to work at the bank, what course do you need to do in your postgraduate programme to qualify for a banking job, or are there any alternative training certifications needed to be able to apply for a bank job for those that need the job urgently.

It could be the position of a bank teller/ customer service, I just need your opinions

Body go tell you soon no worry
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Zinpat: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
U must not v an extra certification. Ur ND, HND, or Bsc is enough.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Paramountgift(f): 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jobia:
If you're a recent graduate, you can look out for their graduate trainee programs.

Turns out graduate trainee program and entry level trainee program mean the same thing

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by GboyegaD(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2022
pocohantas:
Nothing special

FOR CORE STAFF;

Be less than 26 for most banks.
I think it is only Access that is 24.
Have 2.1 (and above) for most banks, from a RECOGNIZED institution.

Any course you study is your business. grin

Apply via the portal, a staff (sometimes they allow junior staff drop one or two CVs).

Write aptitude test.
Do interviews- panel and one or two with a senior officer. ED/MD as the spirit leads.

Get into a training school. Score 75% and above for most banking schools. You get paid and fed in your training school with enough activities. You fit forget wetin carry you come if you no dey careful. Too many fine boys and girls forming love wey posting go scatter.

In the training school, your course of study would help. Most business students would understand the terms and won’t struggle to grasp it. Engineering students do better in calculation courses once they pick up the basics.

Get posted to a unit. The top 3 and memorable students tend to get preference. The rest would end up in Marketing or Operations.

Northerners are ALWAYS (98%) sent back to the North. They like it that way.

Connection is just a very negligible few.

The write up seems like that of a person who passed through Access School of Banking Excellence.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Gointo: 6:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:
shocked
God Connections First class Luck
Follow by the basics requirements
when you mentioned God then others are not needed.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by oneMalik: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
I think cameras and a microphone will be ok.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by BigDawsNet: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
Gointo:

when you mentioned God then others are not needed.

You right bro!
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Albertone(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:

strange how someone with such an unattractive personality can call someone else ugly, are you lost? Get a mirror bro.. the fulgiest living thing which is BLOBFISH started rejoicing and singing praises to the LORD the moment he saw ur face..

My personality is not usually attractive to fulani herdsmen's cumbags like you.

I will say it again,If you see me,your cow-dung-smelling pussy will get wet!
Don't be too happy yet,I can't fvck you.I'll rather fvck my fellow man that fvck your bandit used pussy.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Paramountgift:

Turns out graduate trainee program and entry level trainee program mean the same thing
Yeah, more or less. Although most times graduate trainee programs would require going through a probationary training period before you're absorbed.
Anyway the reason i mentioned this is because they are more likely to overlook your course of study and/or technical skills with these programs. You only need to prepare well for the tests and interviews.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Jeon(f): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Albertone:

My personality is not usually attractive to fulani herdsmen's cumbags like you.

I will say it again,If you see me,your cow-dung-smelling pussy will get wet!
Don't be too happy yet,I can't fvck you.I'll rather fvck my fellow man that fvck your bandit used pussy.
I honestly appreciate your lame comment, but I would pick an ugly face over a shallow personality anyday.
They say animals can’t speak but yet here you are, with the looks of a horse and the voice of a human, how strange shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Paramountgift(f): 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jobia:
Yeah, more or less. Although most times graduate trainee programs would require going through a probationary training period before you're absorbed.
Anyway the reason i mentioned this is because they are more likely to overlook your course of study and/or technical skills with these programs. You only need to prepare well for the tests and interviews.

Oh..ok
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by theultimatep3(m): 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2022
pocohantas:
Nothing special

FOR CORE STAFF;

Apply via the portal, a staff (sometimes they allow junior staff drop one or two CVs).

Write aptitude test.
Do interviews- panel and one or two with a senior officer. ED/MD as the spirit leads.

Get into a training school. Score 75% and above for most banking schools. You get paid and fed in your training school with enough activities. You fit forget wetin carry you come if you no dey careful. Too many fine boys and girls forming love wey posting go scatter.

In the training school, your course of study would help. Most business students would understand the terms and won’t struggle to grasp it. Engineering students do better in calculation courses once they pick up the basics.

Get posted to a unit. The top 3 and memorable students tend to get preference. The rest would end up in Marketing or Operations.

Can u mention any of the portals
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by nicerod(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
West2019:
Are you in Lagos

Good evening

Please I'm in Lagos is ther any opening?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Albertone(m): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:

I honestly appreciate your lame comment, but I would pick an ugly face over a shallow personality anyday.
They say animals can’t speak but yet here you are, with the looks of a horse and the voice of a human, how strange shocked

Nice attempt at sounding stupid.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Jeon(f): 8:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
Albertone:

Nice attempt at sounding stupid.
I see that you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Albertone(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:

I see that you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

Bye till we meet again on another thread.

I remain your loyal tormentor.Stay senseless!
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Jeon(f): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
Albertone:

Bye till we meet again on another thread.
I remain your loyal tormentor.Stay senseless!
"You have brains in your are in ur shoes.. GET OUT.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Saint1960: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2022
Paramountgift:

If you graduate in theatre arts or any other unrelated course and you want to work at the bank, what course do you need to do in your postgraduate programme to qualify for a banking job, or are there any alternative training certifications needed to be able to apply for a bank job for those that need the job urgently

Most important requirement
Know one oga at the top
Then all other things shall be added onto you
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Albertone(m): 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jeon:

"You have brains in your are in ur shoes.. GET OUT.

Reread what you typed and ask yourself if it makes sense.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by AKEEMNAS(m): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
pocohantas:
Nothing special

FOR CORE STAFF;

Write aptitude test.

Impressive analysis, well detailed... I must say you nailed this, but I don't really sure about the postings to operations, but I am sure of the marketing role. Anyway, bravo!
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by SeeItSayIt: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
Basic: Know how to chop & clean mouth, steal dead people's money & deceive people.

Once you have all these qualifications all other things na plus+
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by ImaIma1(f): 2:18am On Apr 28, 2022
Paramountgift:

Course does not matter. No additional qualifications apart from your degree. Some banks like Access ask for 2.1 and young ages, some are more liberal. Diamond was liberal; they accepted 2.2 and 29yrs old.

If your CV gets selected, you need to pass the test you are called for. Passing the test takes you through to the interview stages. If you pass, you get called to training school.

Good luck
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Spandau: 2:22am On Apr 28, 2022
bouncin04:
For guys : certifications and connections.

For others : Tight Pussies and ass holes .

WTF MAN .

Correct. You didn't include pretty face and pointed boobs

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Jamoojazzy(m): 5:47am On Apr 28, 2022
This is not what he asked you.

It's not all bankers that sleep with their Bosses, and it's not all Boss that are interested in sleeping with their subordinate, Stop this unnecessary allegations against female bankers, stop painting them black. Stop damaging their reputation, it's not a crime for ladies or Women to work in financial institutions irrespective of her department.

One thing is certain, Anybody that want to be flirt or Womanize will definitely do that, irrespective of the organization he/she works with. So it's more of personal choice not Generic, so not all bankers are flirt.

I left my banking job February this year (2months ago) and it's because I got a better offer with a UK Based Software/Healthcare Company. I work across 3 commercial banks within 5years.

So as for the person that asked question, you don't need any extra qualification to work in a bank, whether as core staff or outsourced, Your degree in any field has qualified you to be a Banker, You'll be trained specifically on the role, you are employed for. So after that if you have time & resources to further, you can then go ahead. I studied Education Economics and today I can compete with graduates of different disciplines. Go for it if you have passion for Banking, but mind you it's not an eazy place to work, very stressful, I hope this answer your Questions

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by mosaicafrique: 7:15am On Apr 28, 2022
Bankers are resigning to look for jobs with real life and work balance, job with security and career growth, you are looking for banking job aka corporate slavery and survival on loans.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Trymeagain: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t know what you mean by Mgt Trainee, but if you mean entry level, no bank keeps ETs in training school for over a year. What bank is that??

ET is the executive trainee
MT is the management trainee...theirs are longer... its a combination of class and on the job training spanning over 15 - 21 months
Re: What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job by Paramountgift(f): 7:59am On Apr 28, 2022
Jamoojazzy:
This is not what he asked you.

It's not all bankers that sleep with their Bosses, and it's not all Boss that are interested in sleeping with their subordinate, Stop this unnecessary allegations against female bankers, stop painting them black. Stop damaging their reputation, it's not a crime for ladies or Women to work in financial institutions irrespective of her department.

One thing is certain, Anybody that want to be flirt or Womanize will definitely do that, irrespective of the organization he/she works with. So it's more of personal choice not Generic, so not all bankers are flirt.

I left my banking job February this year (2months ago) and it's because I got a better offer with a UK Based Software/Healthcare Company. I work across 3 commercial banks within 5years.

So as for the person that asked question, you don't need any extra qualification to work in a bank, whether as core staff or outsourced, Your degree in any field has qualified you to be a Banker, You'll be trained specifically on the role, you are employed for. So after that if you have time & resources to further, you can then go ahead. I studied Education Economics and today I can compete with graduates of different disciplines. Go for it if you have passion for Banking, but mind you it's not an eazy place to work, very stressful, I hope this answer your Questions

Thanks it does answer my question.
But which training did you go through to be able to work across 3 commercial banks in a space of 5 years?
Entry level training program?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend / Share Your Experience Working With A Problematic Boss / 5 Ways To Invest In Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.