Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? (29735 Views)

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Viccur(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
meedoLock:

Bro stop living na grin grin grin
I'm not. I mean it. Assistance from home sustained me
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Tori46(f): 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Early this year, I worked with this fashion designer where i got paid 500 per garment and I could only make one garment in a day. I felt so ashamed and helpless because I went to a proper fashion school where I had to pay a lot of money for my tuition fee and i spent so much on my assignments. It was so bad that I could not tell close friends who thought i was earning well.
I really don't blame the woman because customers were not ready to pay well. After that experience, I made up my mind not to ever stress myself over any garment unless I am making enough profit from it.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Iskollysneh(m): 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Light78:
Chat moderator. I earned 480k in 15 days. The pay was weekly. It was 0.09euro per message. I got a new one that pays 0.29euro per message. I make a lot from that job. I work from home.
Please how does it work? I'm seriously need a job bro help a brother

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by stasius: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
9000 naira
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by kingBlaq: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
a2d3rew:
oo sorry na ajah side
to me all there na island, i applied for one recently here on nairaland says the job comes with accommodation and cooking gas, same environs, dat 30% of my 1st salary will be deducted 4 admin purpose.. what do u think? if u can fix me somewhere i dey abeg. sapa is not my mate

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by pocohantas(f): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Watinhapen:
I see a lot of people saying they earn 7k-20k as a teacher. People should stop downgrading teachers abeg. My wife earns 125k as salary as a teacher and with lessons she earn all together 300k. Just look for schools that pays well and be hard working.

So because your wife earns 125k, the ones that are earning 20k are downgrading teachers and not hardworking? How many of such schools are in Nigeria? How many states have the capacity to house such schools? Abeg, enjoy your wife and her 125-300k.

18 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by uvie66: 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
kenzysmith:
17k i prefer d 15k because i saw hell in the 17k job. Now i pay myself 330k montly from my business Bleep salary stick to business
.... what kind of business ?
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by OlawaleBammie: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
Internet22:

You all believe farming is that easy undecided both poultry and fish farming are just time wasting, you won't make profit. grin
guy what brought you to this conclusion na, u re wicked grin grin grin grin

U dont deserve breakfast!!!

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by EhisChelsea1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
meedoLock:
So, I've been thinking about this for a longer while now, then I came across a similar discussion on a platform. Hence I feel like I should share it with you guys.

As we all know there are a whole lot of insecurities going on in Nigeria now, just that we mostly narrow it down to life insecurity alone, which I believe our present predicament is way beyond.

Amongst them are food insecurity, life insecurity, marriage insecurity, properties insecurity, job insecurity and the list goes on and on.

But my area of interest is that of a job insecurity. As we all know how scholars, most especially graduates struggles to meet the end needs as a result of an increasing unemployment index from time to time at the expense of the commoners, the less connected individuals and the likes.

However, I have seen a graduate earned as low as 7k to 10k. And they held on to the job since their are no forthcoming opportunities to subtitute with.

So, what responsibility would that ridiculous salary cater for in this present economy? Or for how long would the person keep suffering and enduring the chain of time with 7 to 10k?. These are the questions I keep asking myself.

So, without streching this write up too far, I would like to ask this:

What’s the worst salary you’ve seen a graduate earn?

Nor be where person start be the issue. Na where person Dey go. My first salary after Nysc was 4K. That was 2009. It was poor cos that was less than half of Nysc allawee that year.

Infact, first work after graduation na NO PAY. Volunteer for 7 months without pay. Den, NYSC with 9,750 allawee before the 4K post NYSC job.

So for me, the issue isn’t really about the amount but, the destination, the goal.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by rezzy: 3:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
marwanafrica:

bro how do u guys get a school that pay 75k as a salary?

Up your games, look for big schools around you.
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Honchoslim16(m): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
uvie66:
.... what kind of business ?
Skull mining grin
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by kaymart: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
UncleJudax:
Your English could use some upgrade.
Important if your are a teacher/want to teach.
This English prowess of yours too is
as scary as hell

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by OtunbaChibok(m): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
2007:35,000

2022:960,000

God's grace,earning skills and remaining in same career path.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by rezzy: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
My friend that we finished university over a decade ago was earning 15k as a teacher somewhere in this country.
Upon leaving my former company, I had to bring him in as my replacement. I also introduced him to my side hustle which he is doing presently.
The one that broke my heart most was the day I saw a PhD holder doing Npower. That was when I knew this country is finished

God forbid bad thing
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by EhisChelsea1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote author=Coly2012 post=112347492]I started the state civil service back then in 2010 with 27k, the experience was not funny
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by TruthUntold: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
marwanafrica:

bro how do u guys get a school that pay 75k as a salary?
Easy na, just look for school where parents pay 1M per term.
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by victorazy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
I earn 500k a month yet I don't have savings. :- undecided
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by uvie66: 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:
i think the real question is what is the worst job you have seen a graduate work in?

we had a work site in my old place and a engineering graduate was working among the contractors manual laborers

one of us took pity on the guy and we engaged the guy as a site clerk

big mistake. the guy was one of those who passed through uni without it passing through him

horrible written and incoherent English. and the guy could not pick up anything.

in the end we had to let him go as his daily project emails copied a large swath of people.

before the ogas at the top started asking - exactly what is going on in your department?

....you castigate someone for writing incoherently, but your own writing contains grammartical errors, firstly there is a difference between vowel and consonant, secondly the use of synonym is important when writing, this will help you using the word 'the guy' repitively.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by emmizzy24(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please help a brother, o8o 7I 97 34 5 9 .. Thanks in anticipation

. I earned 480k in 15 days. The pay was weekly. It was 0.09euro per message. I got a new one that pays 0.29euro per message. I make a lot from that job. I work from home. [/quote]
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by sirsugar(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Light78:
Chat moderator. I earned 480k in 15 days. The pay was weekly. It was 0.09euro per message. I got a new one that pays 0.29euro per message. I make a lot from that job. I work from home.
omoh I hope one day I go jam people like you,me staying idle undecided
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by sirsugar(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
OtunbaChibok:
2007:35,000

2022:960,000

God's grace,earning skills and remaining in same career path.
how nah how nah This life no balance
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Dollywood(m): 4:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
Light78:

Bruh. You gotta cop me in one of those wink
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by GloriousGbola: 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
uvie66:
....you castigate someone for writing incoherently, but your own writing contains grammartical errors, firstly there is a difference between vowel and consonant, secondly the use of synonym is important when writing, this will help you using the word 'the guy' repitively.

does nairaland look like a structured business environment to you?

are you really this stupid or are you just trying to troll today?

if you were the guy, i would have to deduct extra points for basic stupidity tongue

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
HUSTLER001:
Bode Thomas,surulere; Aguda,Anthony village, Sabo yaba... I'll do a list of good schools on the mainland tomorrow. Be patient.

I dey wait
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by toyinjimoh(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
12k at bet9ja shop

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Bbbw: 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Stevyne: 4:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
mzeepositive:
Still a student but earn minimum 70k take home after expenses thanks to wonderful people around me
what's the job like ?
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by olola4(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettychild:
Abeg O! Please anyone with a vacancy, a friend of mine is direly in need of a job. Thank you

What can she do?
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by Deltatoto: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
meedoLock:
So, I've been thinking about this for a longer while now, then I came across a similar discussion on a platform. Hence I feel like I should share it with you guys.

As we all know there are a whole lot of insecurities going on in Nigeria now, just that we mostly narrow it down to life insecurity alone, which I believe our present predicament is way beyond.

Amongst them are food insecurity, life insecurity, marriage insecurity, properties insecurity, job insecurity and the list goes on and on.

But my area of interest is that of a job insecurity. As we all know how scholars, most especially graduates struggles to meet the end needs as a result of an increasing unemployment index from time to time at the expense of the commoners, the less connected individuals and the likes.

However, I have seen a graduate earned as low as 7k to 10k. And they held on to the job since their are no forthcoming opportunities to subtitute with.

So, what responsibility would that ridiculous salary cater for in this present economy? Or for how long would the person keep suffering and enduring the chain of time with 7 to 10k?. These are the questions I keep asking myself.

So, without streching this write up too far, I would like to ask this:

What’s the worst salary you’ve seen a graduate earn?
I earned 7k as a post man
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by adedolapoololade(m): 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
toyinjimoh:
12k at bet9ja shop
Abeg if you know anyone in need of a bet9ja cashier..let me know. 08125959326
Ibadan is the location

1 Like

Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by TeflonDonDaOG: 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
Light78:
I will love to learn bro currently don’t have a job
Re: What’s The Worst Salary You’ve Seen A Graduate Earn? by checkoutEnugu: 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
I earned 3,500 naira as an assistant in printing office after I graduated. I was happy doing the job. The joy of living home everyday was it for me.

I passed through other rough journeys but now am a CEO. A boss of myself and I cant count my money again. I have everything a man wants. That's enough for now.

Stay patient with ur hustle. Dont be in a hurry to move up. Learn the ropes of poverty and you will never forget how to avoid it. Money is not in cash or goods, money is in the mind.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Anyone Received This Message From Union Bank / Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job Through OLX? / Union Bank Branch Agaie,abuja 2(SSE Position) Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.