Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences (1059 Views)

Are Men Really Polygamous? / This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / Those From A Polygamous Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by SecretSpy666: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please share your experiences if you are from Polygamous Family and give advice to those who may be passing through the same challenges right now.

I'm from Polygamous family and the kind of bitter hatred, wickedness and charm my step mother did/doing against me me is terrible. Thank God for saving my life at all times.

1 Like

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Boogyman557: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool I feel ur pain bro..

All 4 the Best..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by SecretSpy666: 5:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Thank you
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Mindlog: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
I have always had interest in knowing how children in polygamous settings thrive...
the dynamics of a father, mother, stepmother(s), half-siblings, step-siblings etc

1 Like

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Mindlog: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
I have always had interest in knowing how children in polygamous settings thrive...
the dynamics of a father, mother, stepmother(s), half-siblings, step-siblings etc
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by complexBoss12: 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
I was barely 18 when I met this man, he should be around 55yrs old and married to 3 wives. I worked in a position that made me his Boss, so he talks to me with respect and we discussed matured stuff.

one day he was talking to about me family life and advised me, that if I want to live and enjoy my life, I should marry 3 wives. With these reasons.

That if I married one woman, no matter how good she is, that all women nag, she will deny you sex atimes, quarrels and stuff, because she is all you have.

If I marry 2 women, they will see themselves as rivals because it's only 2 of them. The first wife and her kids will hate you, while the second one struggles for position since the first has gained ground in the family before she came. In the end your home will turn to a war zone, with constant fighting and you as a man will be torn apart, without knowing who to side.

But marry 3 or more women and everyone wife will mind her business. They are quite aware of serious competition hence each woman will concentrate on taking care of her kids. You as the man becomes the center of attention as the women will only try to pls you, due to the options available to you, here you have a happier home than the first two.
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
SecretSpy666:
Please share your experiences if you are from Polygamous Family and give advice to those who may be passing through the same challenges right now.

I'm from Polygamous family and the kind of bitter hatred, wickedness and charm my step mother did/doing against me me is terrible. Thank God for saving my life at all times.
Is your stepmother to blame or your father for marrying such a woman to begin with. undecided

I mean did your father conveniently turn a blind eye to all of the problems face by his children in the environment he created for for them at home, this while his focus remained on beating his chest as a man? undecided

Let's tell ourselves the truth while we are at it! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
complexBoss12:

But marry 3 or more women and everyone wife will mind her business. They are quite aware of serious competition hence each woman will concentrate on taking care of her kids. You as the man becomes the center of attention as the women will only try to pls you, due to the options available to you, here you have a happier home than the first two.
Reality of the situation is almost always far from what these men imagine. You should instead work to hear the same story told from the point of view of the children and women in the same marriage. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Reggaemich(m): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
complexBoss12:

from this man's story, u shared

Have u made up your mind,

In marrying 3 wives

1 Like

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by complexBoss12: 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
Reggaemich:
from this man's story, u shared

Have u made up your mind,

In marrying 3 wives

lol, that's the funny part for me. they say men are polygamous, I don't feel it. It takes me time to find someone I like and when I am in a relationship, every other woman look ugly to me.
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Lamanii22(f): 12:32am On Apr 29, 2022
complexBoss12:
I was barely 18 when I met this man, he should be around 55yrs old and married to 3 wives. I worked in a position that made me his Boss, so he talks to me with respect and we discussed matured stuff.

one day he was talking to about me family life and advised me, that if I want to live and enjoy my life, I should marry 3 wives. With these reasons.

That if I married one woman, no matter how good she is, that all women nag, she will deny you sex atimes, quarrels and stuff, because she is all you have.

If I marry 2 women, they will see themselves as rivals because it's only 2 of them. The first wife and her kids will hate you, while the second one struggles for position since the first has gained ground in the family before she came. In the end your home will turn to a war zone, with constant fighting and you as a man will be torn apart, without knowing who to side.

whatever works for him might not work for you…. Use your head! As for me I cannot share my husband with anybody I am that territorial…. I am from a polygamous home and I tell you it’s a den of madness….

4 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by jahson19(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2022
What of the one ur mother did against ur step mothers children? Or just because u created topic dat makes u and ur mother innocent?

1 Like

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by SecretSpy666: 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
Things dey happen
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
jahson19:
What of the one ur mother did against ur step mothers children? Or just because u created topic dat makes u and ur mother innocent?
Na so oo! undecided

Na real war zone for children. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:47am On Apr 30, 2022
Your children will find it difficult to forgive you. Kindly think of these innocent ones.

2 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Richy4(m): 4:04am On Apr 30, 2022
complexBoss12:

lol, that's the funny part for me. they say men are polygamous, I don't feel it. It takes me time to find someone I like and when I am in a relationship, every other woman look ugly to me.

grin grin grin
Every other woman looks ugly to you?... Those were the kind of lines that melted ladies hearts in the olden days and they drew an accurate map of Asian continent with their toes without knowing it... But u and I knows that it's a pure lie grin

Even Abraham in the good book used those lines on Sarah... until Sarah introduced her maid to him... He didn't say how dare you for long by the way considering how much he loved her... cheesy

What you will say and I will believe you is that you have self-control and discipline... Which is very vital in every relationship and anyone that intends to marry should have it... It's the best quality for both men and women to posses..

Self control is the only key that will make u not to unlock the other room because u love and respect your spouse's feelings... Not lying with a smile that every other woman will look ugly to you because you are married...

Her maker did not make her, bestowed upon her all the qualities that u desire and throw the factory key away... grin..

There are others too that possess even better qualities, looks and class.. but the best part is you chose her.. that to me does not make other ladies ugly or less attractive so to speak...

1 Like

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by drmuri(m): 5:29am On Apr 30, 2022
Lamanii22:
whatever works for him might not work for you…. Use your head! As for me I cannot share my husband with anybody I am that territorial…. I am from a polygamous home and I tell you it’s a den of madness….
Territorial.
We done hear
He go shock you.
Better prepare for any eventuality.
Even Yul Edoche wife was territorial.
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by RSVP: 6:31am On Apr 30, 2022
What kind of threadis this? Lol

I'll tell you since you'd like to know smiley

Well, you will grow up with hatred in your heart towards ur Father,Mom or other siblings since someone must have given you false tales how you found yourself in a polygamous entanglement so be brave grin

You will probably grow up with anxiety and total lack of confidence in yourself if it happens your mom wasn't in that house to defend ur ass cuz you would probably get picked on by other packs so the lord is your strength cheesy (it happened in my own case brothen)

You will be expose to jujurism even thought you got zero believe for it ( this part is the worse part cuz you will always feel someone is after your life and this will restrict your movement ) .... It's either you are being targeted by unknown power cuz you seems to be the brightest or they may kuku finis you off before you grow and if you eventually escape those traps at your younger stage then I'm happy to tell you the fight is endless so brace up cool cuz it's either you kill someone or someone kills you. Note: killing can come in different forms shocked

And finally YOU WILL BE ALONE.
Those Adam and Eve that put you in that situation won't be there for you when the time comes my broda you go cry your cry.

Now if you still don't Gerrit then Forget aboutrit

2 Likes

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Reality3080: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2022
complexBoss12:

guy that man didn't give u d full gist

Anything polygamy will ruin u,let me just give u 2 instances.i don't want to give names cos people might know them

There was one rich man when I was schooling in d south west,he was rich to the extent of building a very large house to accommodate all his family n he even had a very big mosque in d compound that virtually every Muslim in that area go to pray.

One day one of d children died in an accident n u have to see the way the mother was pointing accusing fingers to other wives that they used juju to kill his child n she vowed tgere will b consequences.

Like play like play those children started packing out of the house n b4 u know it the house was left with only d man n the ever quarreling wives.

The man got sick n the wives left n they went to their children's house,it was after d man died that they started coming to fight about properties.do u want that kinda life for yourself?
Anything that happens in a polygamous home is not seen as natural cos everyone will b suspecting d other.

If a child lose a contract or fall sick or lose a job,they will always suspect a wife n u know all fingers aren't equal, if one child becomes successful n the others are still struggling it's a problem.

And to d second one,this one na directly in front of my parent house,dat alhaji married like 4 wives when their problem was too much he chased 2 out,the problem multiplied again to d extent that my dad got tired of settling issues for them then all of a sudden 1 of d wives came back....then wahala raised to power 50....one wife died n all he'll let lose.

The man had to go n build another house in an unknown place where none of his wife know about,he rarely comes home n at that stage he said he's tired of women.
Just imagine having money n having a problem money can't solve,he got tired of settling case .

Guy,one day when one of d small wife Jack cloth for d man neck,the guy got tired of begging to d extent that he had to beat d woman publicly,just imagine a respected alhaji stooping so low to beat his wife.

That affected his prestige n respect among people in d area,just imagine d madness of polygamy.

I don't even want to go into d issue of d children,cos u can never b fair in your dealings.some will definitely feel cheated n they will never like u.

The issue of d children is a long thing,what I understand about this polygamy of a thing is that.

Children from monogamous family fantasize a lot about polygamy cos they only see it as having sex with different women without knowing what it really entails whereas

Children from polygamous home don't like it cos they have been there just like a foreigner will want to have a taste of what it means to b a Nigerian whereas Nigerians wan japa badly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Reality3080: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Reality of the situation is almost always far from what these men imagine. You should instead work to hear the same story told from the point of view of the children and women in the same marriage. undecided
God bless u

The man is d leader n he will always want to paint It as good to boast his leadership qualities but if u want d truth ask d children or d wives.

It's d same way buhari will travel out n present Nigeria as paradise whereas d citizens are close to hell fire
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Lamanii22(f): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2022
drmuri:

Territorial.
We done hear
He go shock you.
Better prepare for any eventuality.
Even Yul Edoche wife was territorial.
it’s not gonna shock me anything…..
Re: Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
Reality3080:
guy that man didn't give u d full gist

Anything polygamy will ruin u,let me just give u 2 instances.i don't want to give names cos people might know them

There was one rich man when I was schooling in d south west,he was rich to the extent of building a very large house to accommodate all his family n he even had a very big mosque in d compound that virtually every Muslim in that area go to pray.
Did this man live by any chance in Ikorodu? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Is Scared To Learn How To Drive A Car? / Cricket In The House / 23-year-old Mum With 3 Kids From Different Men Burst Into Tears In Video, Says S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.