Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu (229 Views)

"Stop playing a hero, you aint shit" / An Idiot Or A Hero ??? Please I Need Advice / Does Having A Girlfriend Makes One A Sinner??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by kkfada(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Yul Edochie a sinner and a Hero

The story of Yul Edochie announcing his new marital status took the internet by storm. It was a shocker for most Nigerians. Nobody knew he had a second wife. On hearing the news, his wife, now the first wife, said: "May God judge the both of you." She was referring to Yul and his second wife. Many have described the action of Yul as mean and unconscionable, a great betrayal to the wife of his youth.

Yul is a sinner and I will call him out as one. I don't want to go into the details of his sin. Many people have done that already. Suffice it to say that he messed up big time and there is no better way to put it. However, I want to look at this saga from another angle. I call it the hero angle.

Yul is a hero. Yes you read me right. He is a hero. Since this matter became public, I have tried to imagine the many dramas that must have played out in the dark. One question remained fixed in my mind. And the question is: "What was the first thing that came to Yul's mind the first time he learnt that another woman was pregnant for him? I don't want to hazard any guess. But I'm certain that getting a second wife must have been a hard decision. You see, when a man commits an evil, does he want to be caught or get exposed? I will like to answer this question with the story of a man who committed the exact sin like Yul.

Many centuries ago, a powerful king in ancient Israel messed up big time. You know him already no doubt. Yes King David. He got Bathsheba, the wife of Uriah pregnant. Now this was a big problem for David. His reputation would be battered if his sins got exposed. Remember. He was Israel's greatest king. And the Bible described him as a man after God's own heart. How would people react to such a scandal coming from their king? David never wanted to take chances. He was ready to do the unthinkable in order to protect his reputation as a good king. Unfortunately, the drama that followed eventually led to the tragic death of Uriah the husband of Bathsheba.

Sadly, this is everyday drama, the drama of innocent people becoming victims of evil men's attempt to cover their evil from being exposed to public ridicule. I have visited many of those places we refer as motherless babies home. One impression that has remained with me till date is that it is wrong to refer to such homes as motherless babies home. No child is motherless or fatherless. I think the true picture is that two mature adults came together, did something and refused to take responsibility for their actions. Those babies living their are simply victims of irresponsible sexual life between two mature adults. This was what David did. He made Uriah a victim in order to cover his adulterous life.

Everyone is prone to evil and mistakes. What sets one man apart from another is not a kind of invincibility to the lure of committing evil. It is rather in one man's courage to take full responsibility for his mistakes when the easy thing to do would have been to chicken out. Giving his reputation as a popular celebrity, Yul could have considered many options to save his face. He could have told the woman to abort the child. Like David, he could have killed his first wife to enable him marry his second wife without raising an eye brawl. But he chose to expose himself to public ridicule. How many people will do that? I'm a Roman Catholic priest. Let no temptation push me to get a woman pregnant because I will never do what Yul did. Yul is a hero.

For the record, I am not here to praise Yul. Not at all. Yul is guilty of marital infidelity. He betrayed his wife, the wife of his youth and the mother of his children. There is no justification for the heartbreak his wife and kids might be experiencing now. You don't just wake up one day and look your wife of seventeen years straight in the face and tell her that you have a child by another woman and that you are marrying the woman as a second wife. I can never justify what he did. So the outrage, both from his wife and his numerous fans, is justifiable.

However, there is always a display of moral greatness when an evil person knows he could commit more crimes to cover his evil deeds but chooses to admit his guilt and face the consequences. I have more respect for any young girl who faced the shame of childbirth out of wedlock than the one that committed abortion to escape public ridicule. I have more respect for Yul than King David because while King David murdered Uriah to cover his sexual sins, Yul exposed himself to ridicule by taking full responsibility for his sexual sins.

When I read the many attacks directed at Yul for taking responsibility for his actions, I see reason why people who have committed evil will do everything possible to evade detection. I am not saying that people who have done evil should be applauded. God forbid I should say that. My point is that the only manageable remedy for evil is for the offender to take full responsibility for his actions and be ready to accept the consequences.

Let us not forget the beautiful child, Star Dike Munachimso Yul Edochie. When I look at the beautiful face of the innocent child, what comes to my mind is this: "this child could have been aborted." Yul could have made Star Dike Munachimso a victim in order to cover his sins and remain a Saint for all." Thank God he didn't. Now the child needs a father." Yul should be a father to that child.

Fr Tochukwu Onyeagolu is a priest of the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha.

Please follow my page Diary with Fada Tochukwu
Re: Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by MadamVanessa(f): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
shocked
Re: Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by immortalcrown(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Yul's family no dey disturb the public. Na una come carry de matter for head.

But Mr. man, let me tell you something. The incident, if it is true, does not make Yul a hero. People do not become heroes by admitting or exposing their sins. Yul just admitted and exposed his flaw. What he did is not uncommon in this generation. Do people become heroes by doing what is common? All the things you wrote can just be channeled towards describing Yul's openness (sincerity).

1 Like

Re: Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by drmuchin: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Yul is a damn niggarr
Re: Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by kushercain: 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
The king David analogy no really follow. David was a real niggar
Re: Yul Is A Sinner But A Hero.... Written By Tochukwu Onyeagolu by kennygreen(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
I dnt know why this matter is gaining unneccessary attention.

(1) (Reply)

Love Is Wicked �� Watch And See / How A Woman Can Make Her Man Love Her. / Look How These Politicians Are Using Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.