Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

How Did You Land Your First Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Did You Land Your First Job? (10329 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / How Did You Land Your Current Job? / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Cholls(m): 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
fk001:
They will come with their usual " learn digital skill/web designing rubbish"

I know so many people that are good in Web designing and other digital skills but yet they are jobless.
My brother that's life. Na who know way know book.
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
Never worked for someone yet

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by jesmond3945: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
fk001:
They will come with their usual " learn digital skill/web designing rubbish"

I know so many people that are good in Web designing and other digital skills but yet they are jobless.
mention them. Jobs will not land on your lap. What problem have you solved, what solution have you built?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by maleek2009: 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
Before I left for my NYSC our member elect of that time was my fathers friend.... He collected my cv before I resumed home my offer is already with my dad....

*It's good to be good but try and know somebody*

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Dpaulie(m): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
Never looking for one since 2012

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Mexyz(m): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
On a very good Sunday morning after Sunday school in Church, someone that I don't even know approached me.

Him: Young man, good morning.
Me: good morning Sir
Him: My daughter said she likes the way you teach her class in Sunday school and she also informed me that you just finished service.
Me: Ha! Thank you Sir.
Him: I understand you studied xyz, would you mind if I get you a place to start off your career?

Me: I don't mind Sir, I will be very grateful Sir
Him: Okay, *brought out a card from his wallet* Please send your CV to that email on the card.
Me: Okay Sir.

I got home after service and forwarded my CV as instructed, fast-forward to Wednesday, received a call from a lady that I have been invited for a chat with some people, didn't even tell me the name of the Company or what the chats was all about, just said she would send me the address after the call.
Went there on Friday, the rest they say is history.
This was 3 months or so after POP.

Daddy Eunice, God bless you wherever you are and continue to keep you safe Sir.

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by SCOOPERJEF(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2022
sogodihno:
My advice for Young folks is learn digital skills and start free lancing, the sky is your limit.

I am a health professional earning little less than #200k per month, my friend dropped out, learn Web designing and he is making at least a million per month on upwork. The money in his account is at least 10 times my own.

Digital skills is the way.

#50k, #100k work per month, won't make you comfortable, it will just make you not beg to eat.

hey bro thanks I am interested in learning any of the listed skill plz can I have your contact ...thanks

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by FuckHomophobes: 5:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
Connection. The elder sister of the Project manager was my mum friend. grin

That was how I entered without experience . Learnt on the job tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by pheelhip(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
Okay
Make we just dey thank God

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by sunnyp20(m): 5:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
2 weeks after NYSC, worked there for 4 years. Just resigned yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by marwanafrica: 5:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
sogodihno:
My advice for Young folks is learn digital skills and start free lancing, the sky is your limit.

I am a health professional earning little less than #200k per month, my friend dropped out, learn Web designing and he is making at least a million per month on upwork. The money in his account is at least 10 times my own.

#50k, #100k work per month, won't make you comfortable, it will just make you not beg to eat.

pleaase Explain in brief how whats free lancing and how does one go about it
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by DEFENCE4000(m): 5:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
Prayer
Prayer
And lots of prayer
I give thanks to the almighty for all the blessings of my life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by qanda: 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2022
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Sirchiboy: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
Amos1423:
I wouldn't want to bore you stories, just as the topic implies, how did you land your first job? This might actually help others in job haunting as myself.
BTW, I am in need of a job anywhere in Rivers State. I hold a diploma in computer science (HND), I possess great teaching skills and also a good communicator.

Let's discuss

How old are you and when did you graduate?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by SocialJustice: 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
Amos1423:
I wouldn't want to bore you stories, just as the topic implies, how did you land your first job? This might actually help others in job haunting as myself.
BTW, I am in need of a job anywhere in Rivers State. I hold a diploma in computer science (HND), I possess great teaching skills and also a good communicator.

Let's discuss

My dad sent me to his friend to tell him I want to work for him. I was still serving. I think I finished serving July 2011 and resumed August with very comprehensive pay and retirement plan.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by idmicheal20: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
A church member told me about an opening in his organization. I applied for the role of Student recruitment officer in the company, did interviews, presentation and got the job.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by BigDawsNet: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
LinkedIn

Sent Resume and cover letter
Got a message
Online Interview
I got a letter on my mail
I resumed a week later

I left one year after and relocated

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Ebelelivinston: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
Through my girlfriend.She's madly in love with me and her sugar daddy is madly in love with her.The sugar daddy is supper rich,she requested the man should give me work,less than a year of my graduation,I got work.I will marry her to compensate her but I shall marry another one too

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Hailleys: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hmmm this comrade sha
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Lanre1st(m): 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
Listen very well, the best way to get a Job is to get engaged. Start with anything even if its free service you offer, but make sure what you are doing won't consume all your time to extent that you won't be able to attend interviews, or upgrade yourself. Note many good jobs outside there are secured base on refferral, just mingle with those that can benefit you or posibbly open door for opportunity. I got my current job through a company i worked for as ad-hoc interviewer, the company we interview request for our service

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Thiijhay(m): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2022
A church member introduced a program to me "lagos state employability support project back then in 2018. The program lasted for 6weeks and to God be the glory I was among the best 10 beneficiaries employed by a company. Not up to 6months I got promoted.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by perousd: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
sunnyp20:
2 weeks after NYSC, worked there for 4 years. Just resigned yesterday.
Why??
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Geeboilee(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Jokerman:
CV submission through Philips consulting in 2011.

1st salary- 85K (Graduate entry)

Field maintenance engineer for telecommunications base station, time wey telecoms still made sense... grin

Now I'm not even in the engineering line, na agent I dey do even with Msc...

I need engineering jobs that pay 400k above... kiss
What course do you study?
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
My first job was with the company I did my Youth Service. But them no show love at all. I gained industry experience there and got hired by a rival company.
The thing pain them when I comot
You will always be appreciated somewhere else.
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by theamazonguru(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
Maxikenna:
Using the p na
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
And Jesus wept.
Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by theamazonguru(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
Jokerman:
CV submission through Philips consulting in 2011.

1st salary- 85K (Graduate entry)

Field maintenance engineer for telecommunications base station, time wey telecoms still made sense... grin

Now I'm not even in the engineering line, na agent I dey do even with Msc...

I need engineering jobs that pay 400k above... kiss

2011? About the same time I got a job in the O & G industry through them too. The job was advertised on nairalist. They paid 150k , 2k out station allowance. Monthly man dey go home with like 210k. However it was a contract job that lasted 1 year.
The rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Amos1423(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
The way you talk, seems you've been a baller since say 1

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Those days in national integrated power projects in Benin city

I nor fit talk story joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Amos1423(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
I am good at Graphics design as well as have basic skills in Photography but no laptop, no camera. Just done with service year and hoping to secure funds for equipments.

sogodihno:

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by theamazonguru(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2022
marwanafrica:

pleaase Explain in brief how whats free lancing and how does one go about it

If you are serious. Join this group on tg.
https:///LaptopLaivstyle

Make sure you dedicate a good number of hours daily to eating the materials you will find there.

That group has been a blessing to me.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Amos1423(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
You be better product nna

iCauseTrouble:
My first job was with the company I did my Youth Service. But them no show love at all. I gained industry experience there and got hired by a rival company.
The thing pain them when I comot

1 Like

Re: How Did You Land Your First Job? by Ahmed0336(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
deltateam:

You landed your job through 1 month abi, Ode.

Iya re

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agip Vacancy / Urgent Job Opportunity At Jacobs High School, Ogun / MTN Nigeria Is Recruiting For Manager, Closed Loop Feedback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.