Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? (27635 Views)

Why I Think Being An Entrepreneur Is Over-hyped / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by nagoma(m): 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2011
@katsumoto

Write in the dailies if you have serious challenges to make. We know what your so called professors are made of. It's all envy and bad Blood about what good work SlS is doing as acknowledged and commended world wide. You want the crooks - your pay masters back - never!!
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2011
kbdrim:

@ poster, My problem with southerners from Nigeria is that they have no guts whatsoever. you can have all  the degrees from the ivy league universities in the world, without guts and courage IMO, It amounts to nothing in Nigeria, That is why you find the likes of aganga cower b4 the senate inspite of his so called credentials. Mr katsumoto seemed to have so studied SLS that he has become an encyclopaedia on him.[size=18pt] He comes to nairaland where he can hide his identity and spin all the knowledge of micro/macro economics just to discredit SLS, If he disagrees with CBN policies, As an intellectual, there are academic forums where fellow professsionals can argue your points but no he chooses nairaland so he can appear to be intelligent to people who know little or nothing about the subject and are likely to go with their emotions.[/size] We have had the likes of olu falae, kalu idika kalu and many technocrats over the yrs in Nigeria, Nothing happened with these folks, while Time people, Financial Times of london have all honored sanusi, we have a spin doctor with no identity claiming to know more than these folks. If you know your onions as you are claiming, let us have your own resume and your publications in International journals and then you can go to forums where fellow professionals can argue with you. The failed banks and financial institutions across europe and america were maned by ivy leaguers with resumes as long as textbooks, i would exchange all those CV's with honesty and guts in Nigeria, And by the way the united states is still in deep poo wit its economy even though they have ivy leaguers as head of their regulatory agencies, So Mr katsumoto, we know your motives, stop stalking SLS, get a life

May you walk and never stumble.

That is my problem with so called foreign born NL INTELLECTUALs

They know everything even when they've never stepped on our soil

Again, may you live longer than Methuselah, Kbdrim.

May you walk and NEVER stumble, Kbdrim

May you never be afflicted with the self destructing disease of hubris and LOW self esteem, Kbdrim.

May you achieve all the desires that you may seek, Kbdrim.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2011
kbdrim:

@ poster, My problem with southerners from Nigeria is that they have no guts whatsoever. you can have all  the degrees from the ivy league universities in the world, without guts and courage IMO, It amounts to nothing in Nigeria, That is why you find the likes of aganga cower b4 the senate inspite of his so called credentials. Mr katsumoto seemed to have so studied SLS that he has become an encyclopaedia on him. He comes to nairaland where he can hide his identity and spin all the knowledge of micro/macro economics just to discredit SLS, If he disagrees with CBN policies, As an intellectual, there are academic forums where fellow professsionals can argue your points but no he chooses nairaland so he can appear to be intelligent to people who know little or nothing about the subject and are likely to go with their emotions. We have had the likes of olu falae, kalu idika kalu and many technocrats over the yrs in Nigeria, Nothing happened with these folks, while Time people, Financial Times of london have all honored sanusi, we have a spin doctor with no identity claiming to know more than these folks. If you know your onions as you are claiming, let us have your own resume and your publications in International journals and then you can go to forums where fellow professionals can argue with you. The failed banks and financial institutions across europe and america were maned by ivy leaguers with resumes as long as textbooks, i would exchange all those CV's with honesty and guts in Nigeria, And by the way the united states is still in deep poo wit its economy even though they have ivy leaguers as head of their regulatory agencies, [size=18pt]So Mr katsumoto, we know your motives, stop stalking SLS, get a life[/size]

Mr. Katsumoto needs to go su/ck some POOOOSIE, instead of stalking people all over NL .

What a coward.

Stalker of the highest order. grin

It is the people that yell that have the most to hide.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by naijaking1: 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
Please somebody let me know when a reasonable fellow comes up with a point, no need to justify these childish diversionary tactics with a response, and I hope Katsumoto doesn't either.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by manny4life(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
Here goes irresponsible responses from folks; I'm sure it's not all critics of someone that has time to go to the media to protest. As a matter of fact, writing a one page ethics article and you forwarding it to the media or better yet getting media houses who are interested would suffice. I'm not here to dignify the responses on here. You guys were obviously intimidated by what Katsumoto was saying because I wasn't, I clearly understood everyone's arguing P-O-V, so it's either you make yours or just stick it.

Word, don't hate the player, hate the game!
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2011
naijaking1:

Please somebody let me know when a reasonable fellow comes up with a point, no need to justify these childish diversionary tactics with a response, and I hope [b]Katsumoto[/b] doesn't either.

How salty is the Katserade? Must be damn soothing to your behcet's. LOL
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 12:42am On Jul 12, 2011
kbdrim:

@ poster, My problem with southerners from Nigeria is that they have no guts whatsoever. you can have all  the degrees from the ivy league universities in the world, without guts and courage IMO, It amounts to nothing in Nigeria, That is why you find the likes of aganga cower b4 the senate inspite of his so called credentials. Mr katsumoto seemed to have so studied SLS that he has become an encyclopaedia on him. He comes to nairaland where he can hide his identity and spin all the knowledge of micro/macro economics just to discredit SLS, If he disagrees with CBN policies, As an intellectual, there are academic forums where fellow professsionals can argue your points but no he chooses nairaland so he can appear to be intelligent to people who know little or nothing about the subject and are likely to go with their emotions. We have had the likes of olu falae, kalu idika kalu and many technocrats over the yrs in Nigeria, Nothing happened with these folks, while Time people, Financial Times of london have all honored sanusi, we have a spin doctor with no identity claiming to know more than these folks. If you know your onions as you are claiming, let us have your own resume and your publications in International journals and then you can go to forums where fellow professionals can argue with you. The failed banks and financial institutions across europe and america were maned by ivy leaguers with resumes as long as textbooks, i would exchange all those CV's with honesty and guts in Nigeria, And by the way the united states is still in deep poo wit its economy even though they have ivy leaguers as head of their regulatory agencies, So Mr katsumoto, we know your motives, stop stalking SLS, get a life

Where do I start?

You make a lot of ridiculous assumptions in your post. You don't know whether I am a Nigerian. You don't know what I do for a living. Do you know who I engage on a day to day basis? You don't know where I live. You don't know whether I post on NL out of boredom or to debate with like minds. You even failed to understand the motives for the thread. The problem with individuals such as yourself is that you don't understand good strategy. Do you know whether this is the first step in a campaign against SLS. If it is, would I not seek to use a forum such as NL first similar to how a company will test a new product in a small market before embarking on a huge campaign?

You embarass yourself further by not at least going through my old posts to ascertain whether a majority of my posts are on SLS. If you had done that simple search, you would have observed that I post on Nigerian History and politics, Yoruba History, Biafran History, other economic topics. My criticisms of Nigerian leaders can not even be coloured. I have posted on OBJ, Tinubu, Ojukwu, Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Murtala Mohammed, Bello, Zik, Awo, etc. Unlike you, I try to use hard facts and logic in my analyses. I don't do emotional debates.

On this thread, I have provided information on Sanusi's educational and professional background, the problems with his Banking Reform, his unnecessary promotion of islamic Banking, issues with Islamic Banking in countries where it is practised, etc. But rather than his supporters providing information and hard facts to support Sanusi, you are all resorting to unnecessary emotional blackmail and petty characterisation of other posters with positions different to yours. Why not address the issues at hand? That you are happy with mediocrity because perhaps you are mediocre as well does not mean others should be happy with mediocrity. This thread has enforced my belief that SLS is the wrong person for the job. His supporters can't point to any tangible policies. We asked for economic articles, some poster mentioned Buharism? What the hell is Buharism? Times, Financial Times, etc have all honoured SLS but its funny that all those publications did not deem it fit to throw Sanusi's name into the ring when the IMF top job was up for grabs while more grounded Bank Governors were being mentioned. Only goes to show what they think of his abilities.

The ethnic defense of SLS on this thread typifies everything that is wrong with Nigeria - nepotism and cronyism. The capable are outside Nigeria increasing the GDP of Western nations while the incompetent are heading public institutions, lining their pockets, and reducing the GDP of Nigeria. If I do not respond to any other ludicrous attempts at foolish characterisations from you or the other MEN drowning in oestrogen that are supporting you, do not assume its because you have shouted louder, its simply because I can't be bothered to fight a mad man in the mud. How will passers-by differentiate the sane man from the mad man?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2011
SANUSI's Wrong Interpretation of His Mandate

I listed the functions if a Central Bank a few posts back. Does SLS understand what his role really is? Now the CBN is intending on going into Real Estate. How does a regulator also becomes a competitor?

Tender opens for CBN’s International Conference Centre and Abuja hotel design competition

Tender calls for provision of architecture consultancy services for the multi purpose centre is already on and would last for another one week. The project involves the conversion of the old NITEL building to an international conference centre with multi-purpose halls - conference halls, auditoria, communication centres and syndicate rooms), business centres, hotel (five star), shopping complex, restaurant, banks and a sport centre.

http://3invest..com/2011/05/tender-opens-for-cbns-international.html
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Somatic(m): 1:20am On Jul 12, 2011
Applause kats. Ure just too much. I should surround myself with peeps of yhur ilk. Objective, tactful matured and o viously learned. Plz YIM me. zkwikenna@yahoo.com. Cheers.

PS disregard sensational posts. Ostensibly too much boredom.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by nsiadi: 1:39am On Jul 12, 2011
No matter how you look & the issue Sanusi has hardly improved our lots
Take a critical look at these:

Our Naira has noose dived, Think of where we were when Soludo left the scene
The Bureau de Change has sprung up again , at all corners. They dont serve any useful purpose.
His action on some former bank executives caused more harm to those banks he thought he was helping
If you have doubts on this ask the share holders, you may even look @ their stock standings
There is no other better performance index more appropriate than this

Check our Foreign Reserve now, compare to what it was before he took up the post
He may be a radical, but not a good technocrat.
Of what economic use is islamic banking?, Just as the Bureau de Change , its agenda by a section of the country
I hope we can endure to allow him serve his tenure
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by kbdrim(m): 1:56am On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

Where do I start?

You make a lot of ridiculous assumptions in your post. You don't know whether I am a Nigerian. You don't know what I do for a living. Do you know who I engage on a day to day basis? You don't know where I live. You don't know whether I post on NL out of boredom or to debate with like minds. You even failed to understand the motives for the thread. The problem with individuals such as yourself is that you don't understand good strategy. Do you know whether this is the first step in a campaign against SLS. If it is, would I not seek to use a forum such as NL first similar to how a company will test a new product in a small market before embarking on a huge campaign?

You embarass yourself further by not at least going through my old posts to ascertain whether a majority of my posts are on SLS. If you had done that simple search, you would have observed that I post on Nigerian History and politics, Yoruba History, Biafran History, other economic topics. My criticisms of Nigerian leaders can not even be coloured. I have posted on OBJ, Tinubu, Ojukwu, Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Murtala Mohammed, Bello, Zik, Awo, etc. Unlike you, I try to use hard facts and logic in my analyses. I don't do emotional debates.

On this thread, I have provided information on Sanusi's educational and professional background, the problems with his Banking Reform, his unnecessary promotion of islamic Banking, issues with Islamic Banking in countries where it is practised, etc. But rather than his supporters providing information and hard facts to support Sanusi, you are all resorting to unnecessary emotional blackmail and petty characterisation of other posters with positions different to yours. Why not address the issues at hand? That you are happy with mediocrity because perhaps you are mediocre as well does not mean others should be happy with mediocrity. This thread has enforced my belief that SLS is the wrong person for the job. His supporters can't point to any tangible policies. We asked for economic articles, some poster mentioned Buharism? What the hell is Buharism? Times, Financial Times, etc have all honoured SLS but its funny that all those publications did not deem it fit to throw Sanusi's name into the ring when the IMF top job was up for grabs while more grounded Bank Governors were being mentioned. Only goes to show what they think of his abilities.

The ethnic defense of SLS on this thread typifies everything that is wrong with Nigeria - nepotism and cronyism. The capable are outside Nigeria increasing the GDP of Western nations while the incompetent are heading public institutions, lining their pockets, and reducing the GDP of Nigeria. If I do not respond to any other ludicrous attempts at foolish characterisations from you or the other MEN drowning in oestrogen that are supporting you, do not assume its because you have shouted louder, its simply because I can't be bothered to fight a mad man in the mud. How will passers-by differentiate the sane man from the mad man?

Hmm, For all i care, Hiding behind a mask to ask questions is cowardice, while you want to paint a picture of someone who is detribalised and writes on all people from all  parts of nigeria it still doesnt change the perception that you  've got something to hide or you are just being a coward, the martin luther king, nelson mandela, gani fawehinmi and other freed freedom fighters were not anonymous with their criticisms. Even malam el rufai who has become very vocal today puts his name on his articles, For all i care you could be an Akingbola or an ibru who is out on a vendetta. In your own opinion you would have done better than yaradua in picking SLS, In IMO, I would say u r a bloody coward. If you really believe in what u r doing, You wont hide your identity n spew rubbish.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by OAM4J: 2:15am On Jul 12, 2011
kbdrim:

Hmm, For all i care, Hiding behind a mask to ask questions is cowardice, while you want to paint a picture of someone who is detribalised and writes on all people from all  parts of nigeria it still doesnt change the perception that you  've got something to hide or you are just being a coward, the martin luther king, nelson mandela, gani fawehinmi and other freed freedom fighters were not anonymous with their criticisms. Even malam el rufai who has become very vocal today puts his name on his articles, For all i care you could be an Akingbola or an ibru who is out on a vendetta. In your own opinion you would have done better than yaradua in picking SLS, In IMO, I would say u r a bloody coward. If you really believe in what u r doing, You wont hide your identity n spew rubbish.

Is there a particular reason why you are more interested in his person than the subject? Did he tell you he is a public social critics or that he is looking for popularity. Why not focus on the message and leave the messenger alone?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 2:42am On Jul 12, 2011
OAM4J:

Is there a particular reason why you are more interested in his person than the subject? Did he tell you he is a public social critics or that he is looking for popularity. Why not focus on the message and leave the messenger alone?

I think it is unfair for you to try to intimidate the poster because he is challenging the supposed "saintly" facade of the OP. You should be neutral in this situation. The poster, Kbdrim, has raised a very important question, let the OP answer if he has nothing to hide.

You bumping in to intimidate him at the request of the OP is just unfortunate.  You cant be the accused and the judge at the same time. Pick where you belong. Instead of intimidating him, just ban him already. It wont be your first time.

The last time I checked, the OP does the same thing to people. I am not surprised though, you seem to see the OP as some sort of infallible character beyond reproach.

I hope there is something you know that the rest of us do not know. One day, we will all find out. Hopefully, the OP you are so eager to defend doesnt turn out to be a pe/do/p/h/i/l/e or some discredited/discreditable stigmatized persona like that. I am not saying the OP is. Just thinking aloud. After all, Eddie long was anti- G/A/Y, but now we know better.

Until then, I repeat, those who yell have the most to hide. Not all that glitters is GOLD.

Isale oro is always full of 'egbin'
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 2:52am On Jul 12, 2011
kbdrim:

You seem to believe that debating social issues on a forum is cowardice. In your first post, you alluded to the inherent cowardice of Southerners. In your haste to label me a coward, you termed me a Southerner. Did I tell you that I am some sort of Internet caped crusader? It seems you want to learn some home truths tonight; I will gladly oblige you.

You stated that SLS was bold before the Senate while Aganga cowered before the Senate. What your simple mind is unable to process are the reasons behind it. Sanusi can afford to be bold because without asking for violent support, it will be provided by the millions of almajiris on the Northern streets. Innocent blood will be shed. We all saw the bloodshed that followed the loss of the elections by Buhari. Whether Buhari is behind the bloodshed or not, the fact is that the street army is there awaiting instructions. This street army is at the beck and call of every member of the Northern elite. The street army doesn't ask questions, it just acts as directed. The more opportuned of the street army (Nagoma, kbdrim, etc) has access to the Internet but it still isn't able to process information for itself. It relies on what it is told by its masters. I am not characterising you unfairly, you have done it yourself with your inability to articulate your thoughts properly and your inability to process the information provided on this thread.

Aganga cowered because unlike SLS, he is on his own. He has no one to fight his corner. So he appears dutifully subservient to his paymasters. I am not excusing his behaviour, I am giving explaining the dichotomy between the actions of both men. Sanusi, like the street Army, can afford to be 'brave'. Afterall, isn't it bravery that leads a group of men to murder defenseless, unarmed, and outnumbered fellow civilians. You can have that sort of bravery, I want none of it. And I suspect that most REAL men do not want that sort of bravery. When the Northern elite discards with that sort of 'bravery', Nigeria will be a better place. Secondly, while Aganga was 'learning his onions' in civilised societies and rising through the corporate ladder, where was SLS? He was in the Sudan between 1991 and 1997, the same time that Al qaeda was in Sudan.

But who can blame you; one must place the blame squarely at the foot of the British and the Northern elite who agreed to keep Western education from the North so as to use the perceived 'population numbers' as an advantage in perpetuating a self-defeating, unproductive, and destructive rule in Nigeria. I don't want to go too much into this subject, else I digress but I felt it necessary to provide answers to the wrong notion of Northern bravery. If the Northerners must remain in the dark ages, at least they can follow the fair rules of combat as espoused by warriors in the middle ages. 200 able-bodied men carry daggers, knives, clubs, etc lynching one 22 year old girl smacks of the worst kind of cowardice. Yes I said it, only cowards fight in such a manner.

In fact, I think I am going to open a thread about this subject. Don't get your knickers in a twist, I have all the necessary and appropriate historical information. Make sure you try to raise your game before responding or at least get the most enlightened elder at hand for the discourse.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 2:53am On Jul 12, 2011
OAM4J:

You can never separate the message from the messenger.

The messenger frames the message. Without the messenger, there wont be any message. Think about it.

The message and the messenger are extremely interwoven. Separating them would be like trying to separate the mind from the brain. Impossible.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by OAM4J: 2:54am On Jul 12, 2011
iragbijile:

I think it is unfair for you to try to intimidate the poster because he is challenging the supposed "saintly" facade of the OP. You should be neutral in this situation. The poster, Kbdrim, has raised a very important question, let the OP answer if he has nothing to hide.

You bumping in to intimidate him at the request of the OP is just unfortunate.  You cant be the accused and the judge at the same time. Pick where you belong. Instead of intimidating him, just ban him already. It wont be your first time.

The last time I checked, the OP does the same thing to people. I am not surprised though, you seem to see the OP as some sort of infallible character beyond reproach.

I hope there is something you know that the rest of us do not know. One day, we will all find out. Hopefully, the OP you are so eager to defend doesnt turn out to be a pe/do/p/h/i/l/e or some discredited/discreditable stigmatized persona like that. I am not saying the OP is. Just thinking aloud. After all, Eddie long was anti- G/A/Y, but now we know better.

Until then, I repeat, those who yell have the most to hide. Not all that glitters is GOLD.

Isale oro is always full of 'egbin'

Last time I checked, I am not a moderator in Money and Business Section. Playing the judge or the accused does not arise here. Am like every other poster.

And I wonder how I or anyone can intimidate a poster from expressing his/her views on an open forum.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 3:21am On Jul 12, 2011
Central Bank bids to take over Abuja commodities exchange

Concerned about the negative impact the absence of an active commodity exchange is having on agricultural commodities trading in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday asked the federal government to allow it take over the Abuja Securities and Commodities Exchange (ASCE) to help it deliver on its mandate.

CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who was speaking at the opening of a two-day stakeholders’ conference on Nigeria’s Incentive-based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) in Abuja, said if properly positioned through adequate funding and clarification of its corporate governance policies, the Exchange could provide the platform for trading in agricultural commodities.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/Finance/5727537-146/central_bank_bids_to_take_over.csp

Can the SLS admirers at least explain how engaging in a market is part of the functions of a Central Bank? The roles of the CBN and Finance Ministry are to provide the necessary framework and guidelines for the operation of markets. The CBN should not be engaged in this sort of business. If SLS feels that the absence of a commodities market has a negative effect on the economy, then the proper thing to do is to provide the necessary inducement and motivation and someone else with take over the exchange. SLS is acting as as if he would take on the role of a bleaching cream importer if Alao-Akala corners the bleaching cream industry. grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by naijaking1: 3:43am On Jul 12, 2011
Somatic:

Applause kats. Ure just too much. I should surround myself with peeps of yhur ilk. Objective, tactful matured and o viously learned. Plz YIM me. zkwikenna@yahoo.com. Cheers.

PS disregard sensational posts. Ostensibly too much boredom.

Not so fast my friend, you have to go through me, the middle man, hoping to be his agent grin grin grin grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by naijaking1: 4:00am On Jul 12, 2011
kbdrim:

Hmm, For all i care, Hiding behind a mask to ask questions is cowardice, while you want to paint a picture of someone who is detribalised and writes on all people from all parts of nigeria it still doesnt change the perception that you 've got something to hide or you are just being a coward, the martin luther king, nelson mandela, gani fawehinmi and other freed freedom fighters were not anonymous with their criticisms. Even malam el rufai who has become very vocal today puts his name on his articles, For all i care you could be an Akingbola or an ibru who is out on a vendetta. In your own opinion you would have done better than yaradua in picking SLS, In IMO, I would say u r a bloody coward. If you really believe in what u r doing, You wont hide your identity n spew rubbish.

You want to know who is the real coward hiding his identity and spewing trash from both sides of his dirty mouth, check this out:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=666741

Sir, you have no picture, no address, no email, no website. Your profile shows you're most active between 12 and 1 pm, when you probably get free interenet access from CBN office of public affairs. With less than 50 posts, I bet the CBN hired you as soon as this thread was created.
-------and you're here yelling at somebody for hiding own his ID
Only a Sanusi lunatic could be so irrationally unrealistic embarassed

2. Here's the profile of your buddy praise singer:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=706637

Like you, he has less than 200 post, no picture, email, or anything
No wonder you don't want to talk about the issue raised by the poster, instead you want to intimidate him, call him names, and possibly change the topic. Sanusi defintely hired the wrong set of praise-singers here. Very incompetent people like himself.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by ektbear: 4:17am On Jul 12, 2011
Katsumoto, ignore the critics. You are performing a valuable public service here. Distilling to laypersons why exactly Sanusi was

(A) not qualified for his position
(B) has not done a good job upon assuming it.

You are under no obligation to respond publicly or in some manner in which Sanusi can respond (though I would suggest you write this up and publish it anonymously in one of the Nigerian newspapers.)

I would like to remind some of the critics here that pseudonymous political commentary has been pretty well-accepted throughout history.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by Katsumoto: 4:29am On Jul 12, 2011
naijaking1:

2. Here's the profile of your buddy praise singer:

No wonder you don't want to talk about the issue raised by the poster, instead you want to intimidate him, call him names, and possibly change the topic. Sanusi defintely hired the wrong set of praise-singers here. Very incompetent people like himself.

The second profile belongs to someone that has been schooled on several occasions and goes from thread to thread acting in a petulant manner. He isn't a Sanusi supporter but saw an opportunity to jump on a misguided bandwagon and took it. Only very immature and frustrated posters go from thread to thread carrying beef like 12 year old girls requesting the return of their friendship bracelet. I didn't want to make any reference to him but just wanted you to understand the history. I am remain unconcerned about what lunatics think of me. I revert back to ignore mode.

ekt_bear:

Katsumoto, ignore the critics. You are performing a valuable public service here. Distilling to laypersons why exactly Sanusi was

(A) not qualified for his position
(B) has not done a good job upon assuming it.

You are under no obligation to respond publicly or in some manner in which Sanusi can respond (though I would suggest you write this up and publish it anonymously in one of the Nigerian newspapers.)

I would like to remind some of the critics here that pseudonymous political commentary has been pretty well-accepted throughout history.

Thanks, I may just do that but that wasn't even my objective when I started the thread. The way they have attempted to characterise, one would think that I am regular thread starter on SLS or someone who comments on SLS regularly.

naijaking1:

Not so fast my friend, you have to go through me, the middle man, hoping to be his agent grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 5:13am On Jul 12, 2011
naijaking1:

I am responding to you because of the respect I have for you.

So this is the issue here, it is not about me or about Kbdrim. This is about being sincere and honest  with your criticism. The thread was started from a very biased POV, very misinformed too. There is nothing objective here; right from how he characterized SLS to him comparing his academic achievement to that of Bernanke to stating that he does not have any test taking history as if IQ test is part of our culture in Nigeria. He also said that  the pool from which our CBN governors are taken from doesn't represent the best amongst us. What pool I ask?  Pretty much, he has maligned the academic achievement of this gentle man who by what we know about him is one of the finest and most articulate and if i may add, one of the smartest in Nigeria. fter all, ABU has the best economics department in West Africa. You can quote me on that.  I really dont have the time to break it down to the OP and you why I think SLS is way better than any foreign based Nigerian the OP might be thinking of. I make bold to say that, pound for pound, academic achievement for academic achievement, available resources for available resources, everything else considered, SLS is way better than even Okonjo Iweala or the Op's father, if his father is anywhere as accomplished as SLS.

No one is here to intimidate the OP, he is perfectly fine to criticize, but do it fairly and transparently.One who comes into equity must come with clean hands.That is all  kdcrim is asking for, which is not too much IMO.

This topic has been beaten to death, especially the Jarus Vs. Davidylan thread on the same topic. Jarus, a First-class graduate of Economics from Oba Awon University (OAU) did a better job than the OP, because he understands the issues at hand, the different school of thought in economics and finance and the deep understanding of the role of SLS at the CBN and within the broader economic goals of the current administartion. He did it humbly in support of SLS without any showboating. The OP on the other hand is trying to exploit the general lack of deep understanding of economics by the so called educated people like you to malign the character of the good mallam while not telling us who he is and what is father has achieved relative to SLS's achievements.

Only a coward would do such.

He even said that SLS hasnt written much of hard core stuffs besides his article on islam and sharia. Talk about laziness and lack of due diligence.

If you want to make this thread about Kbdrim , go ahead, but Kbdrim is not the one challenging SLS policies or academic achievements. It is the OP.

PS: As far as we know, the OP is not a first class material like Jarus baby,  not even a second class material. So what credibility does he have to criticize someone who is miles ahead of him and even mega-miles better than him or anyone close to him.

Hmmm.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by ektbear: 5:27am On Jul 12, 2011
iragbijile:

Pretty much, he has maligned the academic achievement of this gentle man who by what we know about him is one of the finest and most articulate and if i may add, one of the smartest in Nigeria. fter all, ABU has the best economics department in West Africa. You can quote me on that.
Even if it were the best econ department in the world, that wouldn't change the point being made about him being under-qualified. I don't think it'd make sense to hire even an econ degree holder from Harvard as your CBN governor, unless he has substantial work experience and shows that beyond a shadow of doubt, he is a master of his domain. Sanusi has not done this.

We have at least a few qualified Nigerians available. Why not make use of one of them?

He even said that SLS hasnt written much of hard core stuffs besides his article on islam and sharia. Talk about laziness and lack of due diligence.
Can you show us anything Sanusi has written on economics? I looked and couldn't find anything. Perhaps you can show us what you've found.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 6:00am On Jul 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Even if it were the best econ department in the world, that wouldn't change the point being made about him being under-qualified. I don't think it'd make sense to hire even an econ degree holder from Harvard as your CBN governor, unless he has substantial work experience and shows that beyond a shadow of doubt, he is a master of his domain. Sanusi has not done this.

Under qualified in what sense? What does that even mean? Who are we comparing him with? The older Sanusi, Paul or Soludo or Adamu Ciroma?

And what do you mean by substantial work experience? where was Soludo before he became the CBN governor? They cant all work at Goldman Sachs or Lehman

We have at least a[b] few qualified Nigerians available[/b]. Why not make use of one of them?

More qualified than Sanusi? You mean those he out-competed to get into ABU? I dont get it.

Can you show us anything Sanusi has written on economics? I looked and couldn't find anything. Perhaps you can show us what you've found.

You mean non-interest banking and sharia banking isnt economics? you have to analyse his articles within the framework of what he is doing? people like Alan Greenspan did not write much, they just followed already laid down principles from people they studied in books.

Anyway, this is one I saw way back:

http://www.bis.org/review/r101210e.pdf

And if you go to Gamji, there are tons. You just have to stay awake while reading it.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by ektbear: 6:26am On Jul 12, 2011
iragbijile:

Under qualified in what sense? What does that even mean? Who are we comparing him with?  The older Sanusi, Paul or Soludo or Adamu Ciroma?

And what do you mean by substantial work experience? where was Soludo before he became the CBN governor? They cant all work at Goldman Sachs or Lehman
I'm comparing him to an absolute standard of what a CBN head's job qualifications must be. What they must know and understand. I am not comparing him to the previous job holders, but to this absolute standard. I am not convinced he knows any more about economics than your typical college econ grad from a good school with a few years of work experience. This is essentially what he was before he became promoted to CBN head. And that is simply not enough.

More qualified than Sanusi? You mean those he out-competed to get into ABU? I dont get it.
First, we have no clue if he really even "out-competed" anyone to get into ABU. Second, yes. If you come on YIM I can point you to at least one person I know in RL who today is probably at least as qualified as Sanusi is be the CBN head of Nigeria. And this person I know is still very early in their career. . . in fact their career has just started.

You mean non-interest banking and sharia banking isnt economics? you have to analyse his articles within the framework of what he is doing? people like Alan Greenspan did not write much, they just followed already laid down principles from people they studied in books.

Anyway, this is one I saw way back:

http://www.bis.org/review/r101210e.pdf

And if you go to Gamji, there are tons. You just have to stay awake while reading it.
Sorry, I guess i wasn't specific enough. Yes, this is an article that talks about economic data for Nigeria. But what about this demonstrates that he has a clear mastery well beyond that of a lay person or typical econ undergad? What analysis, insight, explanation, etc does he bring to the table?

You kind of see what I am saying, right? There is nothing exceptional about that writeup, nothing that makes it obvious that he is an expert.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by OAM4J: 6:33am On Jul 12, 2011
iragbijile:

I am responding to you because of the respect I have for you.

So this is the issue here, it is not about me or about Kbdrim. This is about being sincere and honest  with your criticism. The thread was started from a very biased POV, very misinformed too. There is nothing objective here; right from how he characterized SLS to him comparing his academic achievement to that of Bernanke to stating that he does not have any test taking history as if IQ test is part of our culture in Nigeria. He also said that  the pool from which our CBN governors are taken from doesn't represent the best amongst us. What pool I ask?  Pretty much, he has maligned the academic achievement of this gentle man who by what we know about him is one of the finest and most articulate and if i may add, one of the smartest in Nigeria. fter all, ABU has the best economics department in West Africa. You can quote me on that.  I really dont have the time to break it down to the OP and you why I think SLS is way better than any foreign based Nigerian the OP might be thinking of. I make bold to say that, pound for pound, academic achievement for academic achievement, available resources for available resources, everything else considered, SLS is way better than even Okonjo Iweala or the Op's father, if his father is anywhere as accomplished as SLS.

No one is here to intimidate the OP, he is perfectly fine to criticize, but do it fairly and transparently.One who comes into equity must come with clean hands.That is all  kdcrim is asking for, which is not too much IMO.

This topic has been beaten to death, especially the Jarus Vs. Davidylan thread on the same topic. Jarus, a First-class graduate of Economics from Oba Awon University (OAU) did a better job than the OP, because he understands the issues at hand, the different school of thought in economics and finance and the deep understanding of the role of SLS at the CBN and within the broader economic goals of the current administartion. He did it humbly in support of SLS without any showboating. The OP on the other hand is trying to exploit the general lack of deep understanding of economics of the so called educated people like you to malign the character of the good mallam while not telling us who he is and what is father has achieved relative to SLS's achievements.

Only a coward would do such.

If you want to make this thread about Kbdrim , go ahead, but Kbdrim is not the one challenging SLS policies or academic achievements. It is the OP.

PS: As far as we know, the OP is not a first class material like Jarus baby,  not even a second class material. So what credibility does he have to criticize someone who is miles ahead of him and even mega-miles better than him or anyone close to him.

Hmmm.

Whao! Am surprised of your new found love for SLS. Not too long ago, I remember you criticizing me for commending his speech at Sir Olaniwun's book launch. Why do I think you new found love and defense of SLS is because someone you dont like appears not to be supporting him? Well I hope you will still hold this your view if I tell you that another poster you dont like so much- Sagamite believes that Sanusi is one of the most intelligent Nigerians (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-708869.32.html#msg8677264). So I can say you now agree with Sagamite but you disagree with Katsumoto. cheesy

Dont get me wrong, I admire Sanusi, he is smart and intelligent no doubt, but I dont think he is one of the most intelligent/brilliant Nigerians, may be most courageous. IMO, I do not believe he is the best for the job of the CBN Governor after a person like Soludo. I think he will make a better State governor or President. I would have even been happier if he is our present President cos I rate him far ahead of GEJ. Don't be surprised if I support his presidential bid anytime he put himself forward, his religious extremism notwithstanding.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by ektbear: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2011
OAM4J:

I think he will make a better State governor or President. I would have even been happier if he is our present President cos I rate him far ahead of GEJ. Don't be surprised if I support his presidential bid anytime he put himself forward, his religious extremism notwithstanding.

Err, what?
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by iragbijile: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm comparing him to an[b] absolute standard of what a CBN head's job qualifications must be[/b].

Standard? What standard are you talking about?

Educational?

Work Experience?

Tribe /ethnicity?

The point here is that the notion that there is an absolute standard that must be met by a CBN governor is hogwash?

EVen in the US, what standard do you think thses people met before they were appointed Fed Chariman:

Greenspan Vs. Bernanke

Even with the god-like status of Greenspan, the economy went down under his watch. Does that make him incompetent?

Now compare those two with Larry Summers ( Was supposed to be Fed Chairman before Obama changed his mind), an eccentric lucky rabble-rouser.
Compare his speech here to that of Sanusi.

http://ceoworld.biz/ceo/2009/03/13/lawrence-h-summers-on-the-crisis

Yet, he is fit to be the Fed Chair and fit to be appointed the Economist of the world bank

We need to stop chasing shadows.

What they must know and understand. I am not comparing him to the previous job holders, but to this absolute standard.

What exactly is the absolute standard you are talking about? Spit it out!

I am not convinced he knows any more about economics than your typical college econ grad from a good school with a few years of work experience.

Milton didnt know more than that before he was granted a Nobel. you know why Krugman got his Nobel prize? Not for something fancy, and yet his name was thrown around for the fed job.

It is never about what you know, it is more about using what you know to advance the plight of the people. James Watson discovered the double helix not because he knows more than Linus Pauling, he knew less actually, he was just able to stay long enough with the problem.

The most important thing is that he understands the Nigerian problem, that is good enough for me.

Awolowo was boss of the CBN during the Civil war, even though he was a lawyer by training.

Clinton, the next World bank chief, knows less than "your typical college econ grad from a good school with a few years of work experience."

Maybe we dont need economists to run our central banks per se. Anyhoo, SLS knows enough to run the CBN, at least more than Awolowo and Clinton.

This is essentially what he was before he became promoted to CBN head. And that is simply not enough.

Lies and half truths.

His experience—Mr Sanusi has worked for more than two decades in the Nigerian banking industry, becoming managing director of First Bank of Nigeria in January 2009—and reputation for strong corporate governance and conservative risk management make him well suited to push forward with the reform of Nigeria’s booming financial sector, notably the tightening of banking supervision. However, Mr Sanusi is expected to maintain the overall thrust of policy established by Mr Soludo during his five-year term

http://www.economist.com/node/13809039

Nuff said.

First, we have no clue if he really even "out-competed" anyone to get into ABU.

Well, I know that for sure. There are more applicants than space. ( 10000 : 1, candidate to space ratio) Go figure.

Second, yes. If you come on YIM I can point you to at least one person I know in RL who today is probably at least as qualified as Sanusi is be the CBN head of Nigeria.

I thought one of your criticisms of SLS is his lack of significant experience

So not knowing "any more about economics than your typical college econ grad from a good school with a few years of work experience" is good enough for this person, BUT NOT FOR SANUSI?

You see the contradictions in your statements.

Very obvious that this is personal, just like the air-head OP.

And this person I know is still very early in their career. . . in fact their career has just started.

This is what you said to discredit Sanusi:

ekt_bear:
I am not convinced he knows any more about economics than your typical college econ grad from a good school with a few years of work experience.

?

Sorry, I guess i wasn't specific enough. Yes, this is an article that talks about economic data for Nigeria. But what about this demonstrates that he has a clear mastery well beyond that of a lay person or typical econ undergad? What analysis, insight, explanation, etc does he bring to the table?

You kind of see what I am saying, right? There is nothing exceptional about that writeup, nothing that makes it obvious that he is an expert.

I see it differently.

Anyway, here is another one:

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/karticles/kano_political_economy_reflectio.htm

I doubt you even read the last one.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by OAM4J: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err, what?

I honestly think Sanusi is million miles better than the clueless people we have been having in government in a long while. Am just glad Iweala is coming on board with this government, hopefully she will give then some clue on what to do cos it seems to me Nigeria lost direction since Obj left, bad as he was, he at least had an idea of what to do unlike Yardua-GEJ. If the next president must come from the North, then I will rather go with this man of courage than all the names I have been hearing from the North. Or tell me of one Northern politician you know that is better than him.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by donguutti: 7:32am On Jul 12, 2011
Now compare those two with Larry Summers ( Was supposed to be Fed Chairman before Obama changed his mind), an eccentric lucky rabble-rouser.
Compare his speech here to that of Sanusi.

@iragbije i have read all your post objectively without sentiments even though u lace them with frivolity and other  veiled insults, i neva judged SLS  by tribe qualifications nor another irrelevant  thing but by the duties of  cenbank guvnor.

on obama and changing his mind chairman abt the FED chair, bernanke, bernanke was appointed before obama became a senator  and he has a 7 year tenure and such cant be changed until the tenure expires,and obama knows the value of cenbank being consistent(unlike SLS and nominated him for 2nd term)look at kasumoto signature b4 u start posting
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by freepeople: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2011
nagoma:

@katsumoto

Write in the dailies if you have serious challenges to make. We know what your so called professors are made of. It's all envy and bad Blood about what good work SlS is doing as acknowledged and commended world wide. You want the crooks - your pay masters back - never!!

Are you denigrating NL? NL is an elite forum. I hardly get these large pool of intellectuals anywhere else. I rate discussions here higher than any junk written in newspapers and magazines. I hardly read newspapers and magazines; they are IQ-depressing. Can you and your friends be kind enough to give us link to other scholars forum?
I can see your ploy here. You want Katsumoto to blow his cover so that he will be a target for bribery or liquidation.
How can somebody in his rational mind say that message is interwoven with messenger? So you bought the Arab school of thought, which says that it is better to cut the neck than to cut the message.
If the plan of you and your friends is to identify and target Kat; I can assure you that you have failed woefully. Go back to your over-hyped mediocre paymaster and fashion out a new strategy. Your present tactics is old and tired.
Re: Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre? by kbdrim(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2011
I come to nairaland to have fun and read people discussing politics. I have better Things to do than hang on the internet on social networking sites posting every few second, I am a research scientist and the point i am making is If i disagree with anything in science I do not come to nairaland and open a thread that would discuss such issues. We have a monthly lab meeting where colleagues can discuss such issues. If you feel that the SLS is not qualified for his Job, Get your facts, write a petition and send it to the senate where other professionals can look at the merits of your petition and take a decision on his suitability for the job. I would have expected Bank CEO's to raise some of these points you are raising at Sanusi's Senate Confirmation. Hiding behind ur screen to push out these ''facts '' does not help your case if u want to be taken seriously and believe me If you do not have your name on your petition no one would listen to you. Like you rightly pointed out I am not a Sanusi fan neither Im I a fan of Ivy league graduates, You can reel all the statistics in the world, If the average lives of Nigeria's are not improved thsoe statistics mean nothing. The economy in The US and all over the world today is in a deep poo and we have ivy leaguers behind the wheels of these economies. Sanusi may not have all the knowledge you feel he has for his good, He comes across as honest and brave and I will certainly take that. You sound like a brilliant person and I would have love to have you discuss on an intellectual level with the utomis, aluko's etc. IMO the economy under abacha was far better than under obasanjo with the iwealas and soludo etc, why do i say that the exchange rate was stable and nigeria's had a better purchasing power.
Again, If you really expect sanusi or his assistants to defend him, you are in the wrong forum, I am a neutral guy but I hate cowards, BTW, you are a southerner tru and tru, u dont have to hide it, its obvious from ur writing

Katsumoto:

The second profile belongs to someone that has been schooled on several occasions and goes from thread to thread acting in a petulant manner. He isn't a Sanusi supporter but saw an opportunity to jump on a misguided bandwagon and took it. Only very immature and frustrated posters go from thread to thread carrying beef like 12 year old girls requesting the return of their friendship bracelet. I didn't want to make any reference to him but just wanted you to understand the history. I am remain unconcerned about what lunatics think of me. I revert back to ignore mode.

Thanks, I may just do that but that wasn't even my objective when I started the thread. The way they have attempted to characterise, one would think that I am regular thread starter on SLS or someone who comments on SLS regularly.

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Celebrates Birthday With His Family In London (photos) / 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market / Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.